What are your top ten favorite albums from the 90s?
By: Chris Smith
- 10. writings on the wall by Destinys child
- 9. fan mail by TLC
- 8. Unleash the dragon by sisqo
That thong tha thong thong thong
- 7. and then there was X by DMX
- 6. Issues by Korn
good like follow the leader
- 5. follow the leader by Korn
a really well made cd
- 4. ennema of the state by Blick 182
- 3. supernatural by santana
- 2. Signifagant other by LimpBizket
- 1. SlipKnot by SlipKnot
Awsome alblum! A grunge must have!
By: Erik Paquette
- 10. Hello Nasty by Beastie Boys
- 9. Beautiful Midnight by Matthew Good Band
- 8. Pinkerton by Weezer
- 7. The Bends by Radiohead
- 6. Ladies and Gentlemen we are Floating in Space by Spiritualized
- 5. Good Morning Spider by Sparklehorse
- 4. Slow Riot for a Zero Kanada by Godspeed you Black Emperor!
- 3. Last of the Ghetto Astronauts by Matthew Good Band
- 2. The Holy Bible by Manic Street Preachers
- 1. O.K Computer by Radiohead
- 10. Millenium by Backstreet Boys
- 9. Come on Over by Shania Twain
Some great slow songs and fun-to-dance to songs
- 8. Spirit by Jewel
This has some really great songs.
- 7. The Women In Me by Shania Twain
Ilove lots of songs on this one.
- 6. Writings on the Wall by Destiny's Child
i love their guy bashing songs (Bills,Bills,Bill,;Bugaboo;& Say My Name.)
- 5. Wide Open Spaces by Dixie Chicks
i love this album!
- 4. Dookie by Green Day
it was the first cd i ever bought
- 3. Backstreet Boys by Backstreet Boys
This is a good pop album to get you dancing and singing.
- 2. In Utero by Nirvana
This is just a great album with songs like "dumb',"all apologies", and "heart shaped box"
- 1. Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos
This whole album is great . Tori is a kick ass pianist and vacalist
i probably forgot some really good ones.......
By: Jud Lehman
- 10. Empire by Queensryche
No one else liked it, but I think it rocks!
- 9. Fush you Mang by Smashmouth
Great new power!
- 8. The impression that I get by Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Powerful, blow your speakers music.
- 7. The by Cranberries
A great album, too bad they never followed up.
- 6. Delia by Johnny Cash
Deep, mellow and honest. The farthest from country.
- 5. 98.9 Degrees by Suzanne Vega
A great rebirth for Luka
- 4. Out of Time by R.E.M.
The pop album for another dimension
- 3. Rattle and Hum by U2
U2's last and best album. As far as I'm concerned, they ceased to exist the moment Actung Baby came out.
- 2. Automatic for the People by R.E.M.
The Athens boys' mellowest and my favorite album
- 1. Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos
By: James Heelan
- 10. The Battle of Los Angeles by Rage Against The Machine
These guys are cool! They have a good make a good point! There songs rule and they are sweet!
- 9. Dude Ranch by Blink 182
Most of you probably don't know this cd becuz U only started likeing them when the newest cd came out, but that's ok, it's sooo unny, U gotta get that cd and sit down adn listen, U'll laugh so hard!
- 8. 400 degrease by Juvenile
Hey, ladies, jsut back that ass up!!! He is the pimp, right on brother!
- 7. Dookie by Greenday
this was awesome, I give props to these guys!!
- 6. Crazy, Sexy, Cool by TLC
Sweet R&B, it's awesome!
- 5. Follow the Leader by Korn
These guys are the best rockers! Best song... All in the Family. If U didn't know, Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst and Korn's Jon Davis are dissing on each other and it is so cool!!!
- 4. Significant Other by Limp Bizkit
It's the coolest, those guys rock!!! Hey, do U know about the hiden song, go to 15 then fast forward to the end and keep going U'll get the hidden track, #16, its' sweet!!!
- 3. The Slim Shady LP by Eminem
One word to describe this album... Hilarious!!
- 2. Chronic 2001 by Dr. Dre
It's the best!! Dre got o many cool pople in on this, it's hard not to be the best!!
- 1. Enema of the State by Blink 182
Sweet album... classic punk rock with hilarious lyrics!!
Yeah, BSB, and "nsync blow left nut!!!!
- 10. The Colour of My Love by Celine Dion
The woman is a legend ..`nuff said!
- 9. Aquarium by Aqua
Something about it ...it just rocks
- 8. Ray of Light by Madonna
Usually I dont like much of Madonna's stuff, but this CD blew me away!
- 7. Believe by Cher
Again, a long time coming for this talented woman!!
- 6. 98 Degrees by 98 Degrees
Another great album ...
- 5. Backstreet Boys by Backstreet Boys
Love all their music!
- 4. The Hits by Garth Brooks
Too many of his CDs to name ...I love them all. He's one helluva performer and singer.
- 3. Savage Garden by Savage Garden
I listen to it constantly!
- 2. Supernatural by Santana
This album ROCKS! After 30 years, it was a long time coming!
- 1. Ricky Martin 1991-1999 by Ricky Martin
Since all 5 of his solo albums were released in the 90's, I'm lumping them all into one entry. They're all awesome CDs. Period.
My musical tastes vary between the genres ...I loved all the music from the 90's ...there was no particular "fad" or "fashion" to the music ...just one big melding of styles. BTM 1999 said it best about the music of 99 "Shania popped, Garth rocked, and Ricky shocked"
- 10. THE WEDDING ALBUM by DURAN DURAN
sounds like America to me!
- 9. BRAVE by MARILLION
atmospheric sympho rock
- 8. CALIFORNICATION by RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS
simply the best album they ever made
- 7. PLAY by MOBY
the man is a genius!!!
- 6. ULTRA by DEPECHE MODE
and still they can do it in the late 90's!
- 5. VIOLATOR by DEPECHE MODE
the best DM album to me
- 4. ZOOROPA by U2
ACHTUNG BABY:the new technology
- 3. WISH by THE CURE
beautiful:darkness mixed with happyness
- 2. ACHTUNG BABY by U2
- 1. VISION THING by THE SISTERS OF MERCY
other fine albums:GARBAGE/METALLICA BLACK ALBUM/SIMPLE MINDS NEAPOLIS/MARILYN MANSON MECHANICAL ANIMALS and many more that i now forget!
By: Rich Bunnell
- 10. Behavior by Pet Shop Boys
Neil Tennant finally learns that singing is preferable to speaking, and the result is the best PSB album of all time-- soft, but memorable all the way through (despite what I thought of it initially).
- 9. Factory Showroom by They Might Be Giants
A great, somewhat-conventional album by an eternally-great band...."Spiraling Shape" is my favorite TMBG song of all time.
- 8. Earth and Sun and Moon by Midnight Oil
Peter Garrett & Co. go entirely pop, with great, jangly-yet-well-written results.
- 7. The Great Escape by Blur
"Parklife" is a great album too, but the under-rated followup takes you through all of the twisted corners of Damon Albarn's mind. Not too many standouts because the entire album's great.
- 6. Fully Completely by The Tragically Hip
Simply rocks all the way through-- like all of this band's albums, but this is the most consistent of any of them. If these guys were from America, they'd probably be overplayed here but due to the Canadian "embargo" I can enjoy them without worrying about radio saturation.
- 5. Up by R.E.M.
All of R.E.M.'s '90s albums have been pretty good (except for "Monster," their worst album of all time), but this is definitely the best. Low-key as hell, yet the melodies are surprisingly strong. It needs time to grow on you though,
- 4. Apple Venus, Volume 1 by XTC
The followup "Wasp Star (Volume 2)" is better, but this is a fine orchoustic collection by the best band of all time (yeah, you heard me!!!). Find me a better song than "Easter Theatre." I dare you.
- 3. The Soft Bulletin by The Flaming Lips
Pretty frigging different from what the band was doing just six years earlier. A really gorgeous, solid album in spite of this, though it sounds a bit mechanically-calculated at a few spots (but not in a bad way!).
- 2. Running With Scissors by Weird Al Yankovic
After two mediocre albums (Alapalooza and Bad Hair Day) Al returns with possibly his best album of the '90s. The Star Wars parody gets old fast, but "It's All About The Pentiums" is so spot-on about the internet that it can't help but be funny.
- 1. Apollo 18 by They Might Be Giants
An amazing album. Perhaps it's lacking on the annoying singles that everyone associates with the band ("Particle Man"....urgh), yet this is one solid album. 18 songs (38 tracks because one song is spread over 20 of the tracks), and nearly every one great or at least good. Bow down to your gods John Linnell and John Flansburgh.
Sorry to sound elitist, by the way, but what's with all of this crappy N'Sync and Limp Bizkit B.S. that keeps clogging these top 10 lists?
By: Chrissy Mathers
- 10. N Sync by No Strings Attatched
I know it's kinda bubble gum pop stuff. but they are good. in fact, i believe even better than BSB. their harmonies are killer, and they CAN dance. :)
- 9. Eight Arms To Hold You by Veruca Salt
Awesome band!!!!! COOL SOUNDS!!!!
- 8. Limp Bizkit by Limp Bizkit
Another definite killer. awesome beats with good lyrical content.
- 7. When The Pawn... by Fiona Apple
ALso another lyrical genius with kick butt piano capabilities....
- 6. Chronic 2001 by Dr. Dre
Awesome album if you like the rap stuff. Check it out!
- 5. Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos
REALLY GOOD LYRICS and awesome piano work by the one and only TORI!
- 4. Celebrity Skin by Hole
This album is amazing as well. good songs.... courtney did an awesome job!
- 3. Enema Of the State by Blink -182-
KICK ASS!!!!!! cool songs, lyrics. EVERYTHING ABOUT this album ROCKS!
- 2. Slim Shady LP by EMINEM
Yes, EMINEM again. this guy is REALLY good. This albums more "fun" i guess you could say....
- 1. The Marshall Mathers LP by EMINEM
This guy is amazing. He's not afraid to speak his mind. He's got awesome talent, and knows how to tell the truth.
Also, Alanis Morisette's Jagged Little Pill kicks, um, The Moffatts Chapter 1: a new begining, Jessica Simpson's debut, Christina Aguiler's debut, BSB first album, the spice girls two albums, Britney spears, Scratching post: destruction of the universe, Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Mandy Moore, Jewel, Leann RImes, LEN, Jacynthe, Bush, Silverchair, Nirvana, Heather Nova....
By: Brent Hilston
- 10. What's the Story (Morning Glory) by Oasis
Timeless music... This album proves the Beatles still would have made it had they been a 90's band.
- 9. Weezer (the blue album) by Weezer
Not revolutionary but proves punk rock can be good music.
- 8. Beastie Boys by Ill Communication
Before Korn, and Limp Bizkit, the Beasties were mixing alternative and hip hop. They still do a much better job of it.
- 7. Odelay by Beck
Beck is the master, he could record the sound of a garbage truck and make it into a great song.
- 6. OK Computer by Radio Head
I could say the same thing here as I did for Pearl Jam. It really, really makes you think.
- 5. Ten by Pearl Jam
The songs are appeal to the ear and the mind. They really have somthing to say. A good example of art reflecting society.
- 4. Under the Table and Dreaming by Dave Matthews Band
I havn't seen too much Dave listed. Dave is a breath of fresh air from the punk, rap, or teeny-bopper music of the 90's
- 3. The Cronic by Dr. Dre and Snoop Doggy Dog
I'm not a fan of rap but I have to give props. Gansta rap remained popular through the entire decade. This album represents eveything that it was
- 2. Mellon Collie and the Infinate Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins
Very very well written. Grungy and soft at the same time. The Pumpkins are one of the few original bands in the 90's
- 1. Nevermind by Nirvana
I'm trying not to be cliche, but this is the best. The music was fresh and revolutionary like all rock and roll should be.
It's really unfair to only pick 10 albums... I could list 50 great albums from the decade.
Previous List or Next List
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 70s and 80s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book