What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: abbie hoffman
- 10. Disarm And Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
Two more beautiful melodic songs (I couldn't put just one)
- 9. In The Meantime by Spacehog
Only because it has one of the best endings to a song ever. The odd-ball in the group, a one hit wonder, but damn those last couple bars, particularly the last three notes make it worthy.
- 8. Lady Vanilla by Ekoostik Hookah
Everybody has a lady vanilla, that woman you just can't get to no matter how hard you try. (I can hang my head down like the saddest willows--I can taste the wind that makes the boats sail billow--I can lay my head down on a soft white pillow--but I can't have a taste of Lady Vanilla)
- 7. Mrs. Potter's Lullabye by Counting Crows
Just beautiful, I hear something new every time I listen to this song
- 6. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
Hearing those first few bars of the song still sends shivers down my spine
- 5. Red Light Boogie by Ekoostik Hookah
Big fat funky tune by the greatest jam-jazz-blues-rock band ever. A blast to listen to.
- 4. Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root
Rhythmic and beautiful in an odd way
- 3. Stomping Grounds by Bela Fleck And The Flecktones
Jazz, Blues-Rock with folk influence. Great musicianship, and damn can they ever play.
- 2. Two Step by Dave Matthews Band
- 1. Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins
Melodic, beautiful, great song.
Most of this is from the mid-late nineties. Some of the bands are not mainstream. Most of these are beautiful songs, the artists all display a lot of musicianship. Some of the songs had their 15 minutes of fame on the radio, but they've worn well, and still sound beautiful and not cliched.
By: Sarah Dawn Bolam
- 10. Siva by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 9. I Am One by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 8. Drown by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 7. Today by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 6. Cherub Rock by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Tonight Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 4. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 3. Ava Adore by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 2. Perfect by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 1. Eye by The Smashing Pumpkins
Hmm, this list may seem a BIT biased and/or ridiculous, but after going through page after page after page of other people's top ten lists, and seeing either NO Pumpkins, or insults to the Pumpkins, I decided to make a little list letting EVERYONE know the true top ten songs of the 90's. Nobody EVER remembers to recognize this great band, no even after they broke records and sold millions and millions of records. Oh, and by the way, I love Nirvana, but as for them inventing alternative ... try again! Gish came out just a smidgen before Nevermind. READ UP ON YOUR HISTORY!!
- 10. Sabotage by Beastie Boys
- 9. When I Come Around by Green Day
- 8. Renegades Of Funk by Rage Against The Machine
- 7. Cousin Dupree by Steely Dan
Was released in 2000, but I had to include.
- 6. Why Does It Always Rain On Me? by Travis
- 5. April 26, 1992 by Sublime
- 4. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 3. Say it Ain't So by Weezer
- 2. Hash Pipe by Weezer
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 10. When Thugs Cry by Bizzy Bone
- 9. Live My Lifestyle by Fat Joe
- 8. Fuck The World by Lil' Wayne
- 7. Holla Back Boston by Made Men
- 6. Still Don't Give A Fuck by Eminem
- 5. Dear Mamma by Tupac
- 4. Juicy by Biggie
- 3. Chin Check by NWA
- 2. I Ain't Mad At Cha by Tupac
- 1. Troublesome 96' by Tupac
By: jesse todd
- 10. Pray by M.c. Hammer-please Hammer Don't Hurt Em'
WITH HIS UPLIFTING LYRICS AT A TIME IN MY LIFE WHEN PRAYING WAS A MUST FOR SURVIVAL, THIS SONG SPOKE TO ME 1990
- 9. November Rain by Guns-n-roses-Use Your Illusion1
THIS SONG IS JUST POWERFUL AND DEEP I LOVE SONGS THAT ARE ROOTED IN EMOTION THIS SONG JUST WORKS 1991
- 8. Black by Pearl Jam- Ten
THIS SONG REPRESENTS A TIME WHEN DRAMA WAS EVERYWHERE FOR ME AND WHEN DRAMA PEAKS IT'S UGLY HEAD IN MY LIFE EVEN NOW I TURN TO THIS SONG 1993
- 7. I Would Do Anything For Love by Meatloaf-Bat Out Of Hell 2
TALK ABOUT EMOTION AND PASSION MEATLOAF IS FULL OF IT. THE ONLY REASON THIS SONG IS NOT NUMBER ONE ON THIS LIST IS IT IS DATED FOR ME. SINCE 92 WHEN IT CAME OUT I HAVE GROWN TO LIKE OTHER MUSIC.THIS BAND USE TO BE MY FAVORITE.1993
- 6. Murder Was The Case by Snoop Doggy Dog-Murder Was The Case
THIS HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE BEST RAP SONGS I THINK I WILL EVER HEAR IN MY LIFETIME- 1994
- 5. When You Come Back To Me Again by Garth Brooks-From The Movie Freqeuncy
USUALLY I AM NOT ONE FOR COUNTRY BUT THIS SONG REMINDES ME OF A GIRL I ONCE LOVED AND IT IS SO EMOTIONAL AND POWERFUL FOR A COUNTRY SONG, ANYONE CAN RELATE TO WHAT GARTH SAIS IN THIS SONG. 2000
- 4. Conte Partiro- Time To Say Goodbye by Andrea Bocelli-Romanza
THIS IS AN ITALIAN SONG. BEAUTIFUL WORDS I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS IN ENGLISH IT WOULD BRING A TEAR TO THE MOST HARDCORE PERSONS EYE- 1996
- 3. Do You Remember by Stabbing Westward- So Far Away
JUST A GOOD OLD FASHION SONG OF REMEMBERING LOST LOVE- THIS IS THE TYPE OF SONG THAT MAKES YOU REGRET THINGS YOU'VE DONE IN LIFE, MAKES YOU THINK WHAT IF WE HAD DONE THINGS DIEFFERENTLY- 2000
- 2. Hemorrhage In My Hands by Fuel-Something Like Human
THIS SONG REMINDES ME OF THE TIME I SAW THEM IN CONCERT WITH MY THEN GIRLFREIND. WE BOTH ENJOYED THAT NIGHT VERY MUCH. 2000
- 1. 6 Feet From The Edge by Creed-Wheathered
THIS SONG DESCRIBES MY LIFE EXPERIANCES PERFECTLY. THE PERFECT SONG TO SING ALONG TO.
in order from least to greatest liked
- 10. Low by Cracker
- 9. Revolution Man by Union Underground
- 8. Selling The Drama by Live
- 7. Hunger Strike by Temple Of The Dog
- 6. Shimmer by Fuel
- 5. Plowed by Sponge
- 4. Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
- 3. Do The Evolution by Pearl Jam
- 2. Possum Kingdom by Toadies
- 1. Why I'm Here by Oleander
11: Superman's Dead by Our Lady Peace 12: Far Behind by Candlebox 13: Save Yourself by Stabbing Westward 14: The Day I Tried to Live by Soundgarden 15 : My Hero by the Foo Fighters
- 10. Stiff Upper Lip by ~ AC/DC ~
Who doesn't love AC/DC? I was born with a stiff... stiff upper lip...
- 9. Blossom by ~ Candlebox ~
- 8. Somebody To Shove by ~ Soul Asylum ~
This is a great song, and at the same time, very catchy.... a very rare mix these days......
- 7. Creep by ~ Stone Temple Pilots ~
This is a great song, and I think it is also a very insightful one.
- 6. Smells Like Teen Spirit by ~ Nirvana~
Everybody loves this song, and it is one of the biggest breakthrough songs ever, and the best if I may add...
- 5. Black Hole Sun by ~ Soundgarden ~
But who doesn't love this song? Excellent video.....
- 4. All Apologies by ~ Nirvana ~
What else should I be? All Apologies.....
- 3. Heart-Shaped Box by ~ Nirvana ~
Even if the damned radio doesn't play this song anymore, I stilllove it.
- 2. Black by ~ Pearl Jam ~
This is a beautiful song, just as was Jeremy.
- 1. Pennyroyal Tea by ~ Nirvana ~
This is one of the best songs by Nirvana, and personally, my very favorite.
others that should have been included; "Have you ever?" by the Offspring, "Man in the Box" by Alice in Chains, "When I come Around" by Green Day, "One" by Metallica (the late 80's, yes, i know), "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam, and of course, "Come as you are" by Nirvana. Well, if anyone would want to, you can e mail me, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or my AIM screen name is come as you areX.... Oh well.......... peace, love, and empathy, Susan It's better to burn out than to fade away ~ Kurt Cobain............r/i/p
- 10. Nothing Else Matters by Metalica
When your depress for someone you think is the end of the world It make me wana cry
- 9. Other Side by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
They have so many great song It hard to only choose one
- 8. Somethig On The Way by Nirvana
I love this song I love nirvana curt knows how to sing I just love it
- 7. Kiing Me Softly by Fugees
The best for ssomeone that is falling in love They should do another albun together
- 6. Don't Cry by GNR
This band knows how to get in your blood I play this song in my honey moon
- 5. November Rain by GNR
I just love this song The band its great I respect them I'm Playing these song in my weedind the best
- 4. Hellow by Ice Cube
I love this song It makes me wana dance any where I hear this song By the way he so cute
- 3. Gangsters Paradise by Coolio
these song is the best it talks about hoew people likes to talk about others or in other words likes to critize but they don't help them they live in thier own world. I love this song
- 2. Forget About Dre by Dr. Dre
Dre is the best I just don't have words to discribe his work its great
- 1. Dear Mama by 2Pac
These song is the best it remainds me of a real special person in my life his life is kind of like 2pacs life I love 2pac he knows how to get in your mind and heart.
I'm not a real rock fan I'm more into rap I love Rap,But I have my respects for These 4 Band they are great. I Love rappppppppp
By: Tom Byrne
- 10. What's My Age Again? by Blink 182
Blink Rocks and this is what its all about!!
- 9. Too Close by Next
- 8. Break Ya Neck by Busta Rhymes
- 7. One Step Closer by Linkin Park
- 6. In The End by Linkin Park
- 5. Faith by Limp Bizket
- 4. Break Stuff by Limp Bizket
- 3. I Wish You Were Here by Incubus
Its good so back off!!
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
It came out in the early 90s, but it is still good
- 1. 3 a.m. by Matchbox 20
its quite good
- 10. Small Town Minds by MXPX
- 9. Summer Of 69 by Mxpx
- 8. Little Man by O C Supertones
- 7. Super Orgy Porno Party by Planet Smashers
- 6. Pennywise by Wake Up
- 5. Rape Me by Nirvana
- 4. Chick Magnet by Mxpx
- 3. She by Green Day
- 2. Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine
- 1. Punk Rawk Show by MXPX
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book