What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Mishale by Andru Donalds
Heard it when I was 9. I'm 17 now, and I still love it. To spare some dignity, I'm putting it at 10, even though I would probably put it higher.
- 9. I Believe In Love by Elton John
Woah. I even surprise myself by putting an Elton John song, but I like this one.
- 8. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Great song. I probably put it at 8 given the fact that I played it way too often and got a tad tired of it.
- 7. Uninvited by Alanis Morrisette
Yes. I have a soft side. I heard it during a very memorable summer, and every time I hear it, I remember that summer, which was the greatest.
- 6. Losing My Religion by R.E.M.
Great great song. Really the only R.E.M song I like.
- 5. Scream by Michael And Janet Jackson
Love it! There's a short but SWEET guitar solo in the middle, and the song overall is awesome!
- 4. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
The lyrics are so ingenious. GREAT song.
- 3. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Simply because it's the only song that I spent 8 hours trying to find online, before I had music downloading programs. It's awesome. The video rocks!
- 2. I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy
Explanation: I only like the version with Samuel Barber's "Agnus Dei" accompanying Puff Daddy's spoken tribute to Notorious B.I.G. The other version is kind of plain.
- 1. Creep by Radiohead
Do you want to know why? Because I live a life that can only be described by those lyrics. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here. I live every day thinking that if I died at this moment, nobody in this world would give a damn. This is MY song.
By: Dan Jarzyna
- 10. Fly by Sugar Ray
Catchy tune...just happened at one of the best times of my life, kind of signifies pop to me
- 9. Lump by Presidents Of The Usa
what kind of message are they trying to get across? she's lump she's lump, she's in my head...yeah she is cuz it's so damn catchy
- 8. Tupac by Changes
Change is the only constant in life.
- 7. Creep by Radiohead
Yeah we're all weird sometimes
- 6. I'm A Loser by Beck
I'm a loser baby so why don't ya kill me, good for people who are not self concious...like who gives a f*ck what other people think!
- 5. Nothing But A G Thang by Dr. Dre
I had to put a couple fun songs in here, kick back and light up a spliff yO!
- 4. Don't Speak by No Doubt
Friendships are hard to come by these days and losing another friend is detremental.
- 3. Otherside by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Suicide...good or bad? hmm listen to the song
- 2. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Going Back to your roots, where everything began, your child hood...the best times in life.
- 1. All Apologies by Nirvana
This song shows the true meaning of life...can it get any better?
By: nancy pepin
- 10. Indigo Is Blue by Catherine Wheel
Once again my favorite band - beautiful haunting song
- 9. Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush
Kate Bush the voice and the sensuality of her music
- 8. It 's A Shame About Ray by The Lemonheads
Evan Dando I miss him - the lemonheads great band with great lyrics
- 7. Crank by Catherine Wheel
Catherine is my favorite band and crank is one of my favorites - once again haunting vocals with sonic,mesmerizing guitar - almost better than sex
- 6. Head On by Jesus And Mary Chain
What a great fun band - party
- 5. Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order
I fell in love dancing to it
- 4. Lithium by Nirvana
I can feel the 90's just thinking about that song - what a great explosive song , the 91's were great
- 3. Cannonball by The Breeders
Kim Deal - Great Guitar and fun band
- 2. Here Comes Your Man by The pixies
The pixies one of the most innovative , interesting and driving bands. Great song
- 1. Black Metallic by Catherine Wheel
A song that makes you stop in your track - original in every way Rob Dickinson has an incredible voice and the band is as hard and as strong as any alternative rock band I have ever heard - a must hear before you die
- 10. When I'm 84 by The Beautiful South
Not a well-known song, but describes how most of us feel about growing old - I'd rather jack!
- 9. Ladykillers by Lush
Just a great song - total sonic wall treatment, power pop at it's finest.
- 8. Razorblades And Bandaides by Econoline Crush
- 7. Higher Than The Sun by Primal Scream
When I first heard this, I thought it was New Order. A great song to dance to, @$@^ to, or just listen to with the volume up loud.
- 6. The Only One I Know by Charlatans UK
These guys picked up where the Stone Roses left off. Charlatans were definitely the best of the Manchester bunch.
- 5. My Lovers Box by Garbage
Just think about what she's singing, and picture Shirley Manson. Mmmmm! What a rocking tune!
- 4. Underwhelmed by Sloan
If the Beatles had mated with Nirvana, this song would have been born. This band was pigeonholed as "a grunge band from Halifax" far too early. A couple of years later, and they would have been bigger than Pearl Jam and STP. Still writing amazing power pop.
- 3. Echobelly by Dark Therapy
Another song that just catches the listener up in its whirlwind. Passionately sung by the haunting Sonya Aurora-Madan, this song is just beautiful - not much more can be said.
- 2. Speedway by Morrissey
People always seem to get Morrissey wrong. Depressing? Yes, but look at the emotion, find the humour - whether dark or just silly, there's something in a Morrissey lyric that speaks to everything. This is Morrissey at his most biting and the distortion and massive drumbeet only feed the sense of anger and keeps the listner breathless after every listen.
- 1. Losing My Religion by REM
Best song of the decade by far and away. Sets the standard for the 90's.
- 10. In The End by Linkin Park
this song made me think, when you get the chance, download it
- 9. Epic by Faith No More
this song is so cool!
- 8. Only Time by Enya
- 7. Dont Stop Believing by Journey
thanks to the Wedding Singer
- 6. December by Collective Soul
this song is energetic
- 5. Black Hole Sun by Sound Garden
creepy, but i love it
- 4. Thats The Way It Is by Celine Dion
the coolest song ever
- 3. Sweet Lullaby by Deep Forest
this song is so neat!
- 2. Promise by When In Rome
i suggest if you like romantic songs, download this one
- 1. Come Undone by Duran Duran
this song is soo awesome!
these are the greatest songs i know
By: man with no name
- 10. Last Resort by Papa Roach
releases alot of anger, brilliant.
- 9. Song 2 by Blur
good tune, very heavey metal for a pop group
- 8. Wonderwall by Oasis
shows that any one can make it big,
- 7. About A Girl by Nirvana
my best song out of unplugged
- 6. Ganstas Paradise by Coolio
had to put in a rap song somewhere
- 5. Underworld by Born Slippy
best trance song ever, cool calm tune.trainspotting was also 1 of the best films of the 90's.
- 4. Beatiful People by Marilyn Manson
made a change to the usual pop scene at the time,
- 3. Good Riddance by Greenday
makes u think of years gone by
- 2. Wait And Bleed by Slipknot
great song for a misunderstood band,makes your adrenaline rush.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
not their best song but look what it did to rock and more importabtly to the youth of the time who couldn't relate to a particular genre of music.
i don't understand y every1 puts backstreet boys,s club 7 and spice girls in their top 10 cos that isn't proper music, proper music comes from inside and to make proper music you must actually write it and play your own instruments, not like all those fake bands.
By: JM Specht
- 10. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
Another great song by them.
- 9. Ms. Jackson by Outkast
I'm sorry Ms. Jackson...oooh...I am for real....
- 8. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
The gloomy rock bands only real fun song. Excellent stuff.
- 7. Freak On A Leash by Korn
Just plain cool.
- 6. November Rain by Guns And Roses
- 5. Tonight Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
Both the song and video are awesome.
- 4. Little Things by Bush
Favorite song by my 2nd favorite band.
- 3. Bulls On Parade by Rage Against The Machine
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Sure, you wanted to see it be #1. But nobody beats the Pumpkins.
- 1. Muzzle by Smashing Pumpkins
Quite possibly the greatest song of all time. "I fear that I ordinary...just like everyone"....
I'll give an honorable mention to anything else ever made by the Pumpkins.
By: laura 69
- 10. Sweet Child Of Mine by Guns N' Roses
- 9. The Ground Beneath Her Feet by U2
- 8. Number One Crush by Garbage
- 7. Luv by Travis
- 6. With Or Without You by U2
- 5. One by U2
- 4. All Mine by Portishead
- 3. La La Love You by The Pixies
- 2. Plainsong by The Cure
- 1. So Cruel by U2
- 10. Blaze Of Glory by Bon Jovi
- 9. Subteranian Homsick Blues by Bob Dylan
Everything Dylan touches turns to gold.
- 8. American Bad@ss by Kid Rock
- 7. Man On The Moon by REM
Who has more good songs than REM ?
- 6. Gangsta's pardise by Coolio
oh yeah. It's a damn good song.
- 5. Big Balls by AC/DC
- 4. I Believe I Can Fly by R Kelly
I beilieve i can touch the sky
- 3. Hazard by Richard Marx
- 2. Enter Sandman by Mettalica
Metallica (best band ever)
- 1. Wherever I May Roam! by Metallica
And the road becomes my throne, I adapt to the unknown. Under wandering stars I've grown. By myself but not alone. I ASK NO ONE!!!
if you haven't guessed by now by looking at my top 2 my fav band is Mettalica. They are just so awsome.
- 10. Nirvana by Heart Shaped Box
- 9. Outkast by Ms. Jackson
- 8. Dave Matthews Band by Sattelite
- 7. Radiohead by Creep
- 6. Weezer by Buddy Holly
- 5. Tool by Schism
- 4. Incubus by I Miss You
- 3. They Might Be Giants by Particle Man
- 2. Sunny Day Real Estate by The Ocean
- 1. Pearl Jam by Indifference
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book