What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Shimmy Shimmy Ya! by Old Dirty Bastard
again his whole first CD was just great. And, I could have named any song off of it.
- 9. Gin And Juice by Snoop Dog
the whole cd kicked ass
- 8. Everybody Hurts by REM
just a good song.
- 7. One Head Light by Wall Flowers
- 6. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Endless hours of F-Zero on the Super Nintendo while listening to this song, along with the rest of the CD.
- 5. Come As You Are by Nirvana
amazing song nothing more needs to be said.
- 4. No Rain by Blind Melon
just a great song. That and the freckled girl in the bumble bee suit was always fun to laugh at.
- 3. Nothing But a G-Thing by Dre Dre (Snoops first appearance)
the song just kicks ass
- 2. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
It was crap but everyone has it in MP3 form, and listens to it under the guise of a joke.
- 1. Two Princes by Spin Doctors
Whether you admit or not, everyone liked this song for a bit
This list is in no order, and basically contains the names of songs I could remember at 6AM. I left a ton off the list, some probably more deserving than the ones that made it. Maybe I will put together a second list at some time.
- 10. All Appologies by Nirvana
*rest in peace kurt!*
- 9. I Saw Red by Sublime
great song...can't even begin to describe it. *you too, rest in peace, bradley!*
- 8. Oi To The World by No Doubt
great cover of the vandal's masterpiece.
- 7. About A Girl (unplugged) by Nirvana
- 6. Optimistic by Radiohead
- 5. All Mixed Up by 311
some of 311's best work.
- 4. Everlong by Foo Fighters
i don't know how you could not love this.
- 3. Brain Stew by Green Day
great song for an equally great band.
- 2. Karma Police by Radiohead
probably one of the best songs of all time. i could, and do, listen to this everyday and never get sick of it.
- 1. Anything Off Of The Album Stay What You Are by Saves The Day
this is from 2001, but i couldn't help myself!!
long live punk rock!
- 10. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 9. Check Your Head by BuckCherry
Listen to it everyday for 3 years and still lovin it
- 8. Freak On A Leash by Korn
- 7. Time Bomd by Godsmack
- 6. Spit It Out by Slipknot
- 5. Got The Like by Korn
I love it
- 4. Voodoo by Godsmack
it is kinda catchie
- 3. Lit Up by BuckCherry
a song about cocaine
- 2. Lake Of Fire by Nirvana
- 1. Smell Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
came as you were, some Pearl jam and RATM
By: Richard Bradley
- 10. Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 9. Opus 40 by Mercury Rev
- 8. Sour Times by Portishead
- 7. Last Stop: This Town by Eels
- 6. Steam by Peter Gabriel
- 5. Tender by Blur
Albarn and co. reinvented themselves pretty damned successfully at the end of the decade.
- 4. We Are The Pigs by London Suede
One of the great moments in '90s Britpop.
- 3. Every You Every Me by Placebo
- 2. Losing My Religion by R.E.M.
I've heard it a million times and it still gives me chills.
- 1. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
This is the quintessential rock song of the '90s. Beautiful, disturbing, epic, and with some of the most fantastic guitar work I've ever heard.
All in all, a half-decent decade for music.
- 10. Stronger by Britney Spears
- 9. Who Let The Dogs Out by Baha Men
- 8. Whole Again by Atommic Kitten
- 7. Fly On The Wings Of Love by Techno
- 6. Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eifel 65
- 5. Kiss by Vengaboys
- 4. Kids by Eminem
- 3. Stan by Eminem
- 2. What Would You Do by City High
- 1. Say My Name by Destinys Child
- 10. All Apolagies by Nirvana
- 9. Buddy Holly by Weezer
- 8. What I Got by Sublime
- 7. No Rain by Blindmellon
- 6. Black Hole Sun by Sound Garden
- 5. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 4. When I Come Around by Green Day
- 3. Jermy by Pearl Jam
- 2. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Pepers
- 1. Smeels Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
By: Shane Swearingen
- 10. American Music by Violent Femmes
And when I'm rich and meet Bob Hope we'll shoot some golf and shoot some dope!
- 9. Knowlege by Operation Ivy
I'm not even sure if this came out in the 90's, but it's a kickass song nonetheless
- 8. Mayonaise by Smashing Pumpkins
"If god is empty how could he create all this life!?!?!" -Steve Murphy, protesting one Tony Neumann's drunken sp ramblings.
- 7. Polish by Fugazi
it's in my eyes...
- 6. Aenima by Tool
Hell looks alot like LA
- 5. Lounge Act by Nirvana
Cherry flavored antacidic pines of school spirit milk
- 4. American Jesus by Bad Religion
Take that you ass-kissing christian-posers!
- 3. Motorway To Roswell by The Pixies
Aliens, u-mass, sex, drugs, mutilation, eyeballs, religion, insanity...gotta love those damned pixies...
- 2. Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
Feeling depressed IS fun
- 1. Street Spirit by Radiohead
it feels epic enough to deserve a number 1 spot and isn't as dry and clich'ed as smells like teen spirit
i hate all that damn music and hope it just dies....
By: sun baby
- 10. Too High For The Super Market by The Uninvited
anyone who's been stoned at the supermarket knows...
- 9. In The Arms Of Sleep by Smashing Pumpkins
one of the most beautiful love songs i've heard since the beaetles.
- 8. Kody by Matchbox 20
i was caught between kody and three am, but this one means a little more to me.
- 7. Brain Stew by Green Day
great great great song... introduced me to punk.
- 6. Beer by Reel Big Fish
great song to sing along to at the top of your lungs with tears running down your face.
- 5. Tommy The Cat by Primus
les claypool- need i say more?
- 4. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
jeremy came out in the eighties. i have no clue about this one.
- 3. Still Remains by Stone Temple Pilots
good depressing song for those bored tuesday afternoons when there's nothing to do.
- 2. Crash by Dave Matthews Band
might have ben made in 2000... but any dave matthews is great.
- 1. What I Got by Sublime
this song needs no words to exlpain why it's number one.
these were the hardest ten songs for me to chose- i tried to stay away from the recent stuff... most of these songs are the anthem of my high school years, and i listen to most of them fondly... there's ten thousand more i'd like to put up there.
By: Oren from Israel
- 10. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
- 9. November Rain by G.N.R
- 8. Losing My Religion by R.E.M
- 7. Into The Great Wide Open by Top Petty
- 6. Nothing Else Matters by Mettalica
- 5. Epic by Faith No More
- 4. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
- 3. Selling The Drama by Live
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 1. Sleeping Satellite by Tasmin Archer
- 10. Sunday Morning Call by Oasis
a real hangover song, About recovering from a rough night, about drink and drugs.
- 9. Acquiesce by Oasis
B side track to Some Might Say. featuring both and liam and Noel on vocals.
- 8. Married With Children by Oasis
Great short song written by Noel Gallagher, chorus comes from his ex girlfriend when he woke up in the middle of the night playing the guitar.
- 7. Half The World Away by Oasis
Another B side track, this time off the Whatever single. Theme tune to the great British comedy The Royle Family.
- 6. D'You Know What I Mean by Oasis
- 5. Live Forever by Oasis
Best song off the Definitely Maybe album. Written about and for his mother by Noel Gallagher.
- 4. Wonderwall by Oasis
A song written for his ex-wife Meg Matthews by Noel Gallagher. Beautiful.
- 3. The Masterplan by Oasis
A B side for Wonderwall. Best song wriiten by Noel Gallagher.
- 2. Whatever by Oasis
A message to their father by the Gallagher brothers. Free to do whatever they want.
- 1. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
What can I say? The best song in the world by the best band in the world!
OASIS ARE THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!!
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book