What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Glycerine by Bush
- 9. Nothin But a G Thang by Dr. Dre
- 8. Get Naked by Methods of Mayhem
- 7. Fantastic Voyage by Coolio
- 6. Creep by TLC
one of the best singles of all time
- 5. One More Chance by Notorious B.I.G
- 4. Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
- 3. Santeria by Sublime
- 2. Still Not a Player by Big Punisher
- 1. Freakin You by Jodeci
way too many great songs in the 90s to break it down to ten!!
- 10. Just by Radiohead
- 9. Sabotage by Beastie Boys
- 8. Smile by Pearl Jam
- 7. Frances Farmer will have her revenge on Seattle by Nirvana
- 6. Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine
- 5. Fell on Black Days by Soundgarden
- 4. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
- 3. Freedom by Rage Against the Machine
- 2. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
- 1. Alive by Pearl Jam
By: A. Rahman
- 10. The Sweetest Thing by U2
- 9. Supersonic by Oasis
There's something about the chorus that I just can't get enough of
- 8. Wonderwall by Oasis
Probably the best acoustic song ever
- 7. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
The lyrics are deep and sad but still are able to create a sense of hope
- 6. Can't Help Falling In Love by UB40
The music to this song is absolutely amazing. The words are full of powerful emotion
- 5. Yellow by Coldplay
This is one of the saddest, mellowest songs ever made
- 4. Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis
it's got a sad aspect surrounding it with great music
- 3. Don't Cry by Guns N' Roses
Great video too
- 2. November Rain by Guns N' Roses
It's beautiful yet haunting
- 1. Santeria by Sublime
This is no doubt the best song ever made, for any decade, ever. It has its own entity, its own soul, definitely the best.
Well, I know I mentioned Oasis more than a few times, but really, there are maybe thousands of songs I didn't mention. I wish this was a top 100 song list or something, I would've had fun with that.
- 10. Come As You Are by Nirvana
Nirvana is one of my favorite bands ever. This is my favorite from them, although I love every single one of their songs.
- 9. Cooling by Tori Amos
Tori is so Awesome!
- 8. Pure Morning by Placebo
This is the song that got me into Placebo, a great band. Without You I'm Nothing is a great album. Check it out.
- 7. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
That guitar solo! So amazing, and a wonderfully confessional song from Anthony Kiedis.
- 6. Bulletproof...I wish I was by Radiohead
Every Radiohead song is phenomenal, in my opinion, but I just love this one.
- 5. Army of Me by Bjork
Bjork is so great, and it is hard to pick a favorite from her. But, I just love this one. It Rocks!
- 4. Release by Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam is such a great band, and this is my absolute favorite from them. Gorgeous song, and reminds me of a certain time in my life. From the Ten album.
- 3. Everybody Hurts by REM
Just an amazing song by a really amazing band.
- 2. Epic by Faith No More
Just a hell of a good song. Very energetic, but the piano at the end is very pretty.
- 1. Say Hello to Heaven by Temple of the Dog
temple of the dog is my favorite album ever! the combination of two really great bands.. soundgarden and pearl jam paying tribute to andy wood. beautiful song paying tribute to him.
These songs are in no particular order. A few other really great songs from the nineties were: Low by Cracker, Creep by STP, Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve, Changes by Tupac, and Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns by Mother Love Bone. There are so many great songs from the nineties, that it was hard to make this list. But i love all the songs on this list as well as countless others.
By: Miguel Baptista
- 10. Afraid of Sunlight by Marillion
- 9. Division Bell by Pink Floyd
Well.... This should be 2nd in the list... but I have no pacience to trade it now.. anyway, beautiful
- 8. Sinister Minister by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
Well.... this song has the greatest bass player on it. So download it from whenever you can, the LIVE version of course, and be amazed.
- 7. My friends by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Fav song from the Peppers
- 6. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
Brilliant musical compositian.
- 5. North by Pat Metheny
Great guitar player...
- 4. Everlong by Foo Fighters
My fav song from Dave Groll. His third album is crap for me...
- 3. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Great Rock song....
- 2. Indiference by Pearl Jam
- 1. The Great Escape by Marillion
This is the most emotional song I've ever listened too. How can a band be this good creating music ? It sends shivers down my spine
By: Matt Guthrie
- 10. My Own Worst Enemy by Lit
- 9. Real World by Matchbox 20
- 8. Adam Song by Blink-182
A song that helps us threw hard times.
- 7. Pretty Fly by The Offspring
A funny and good song!
- 6. Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
One of those great songs that don't get played that much!
- 5. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
The band's first big hit!
- 4. Smells Like teen Sprit by Nirvava
The First haRd SonG oF thE '90s
- 3. Wonder Wall by Oasis
A Great Song Written by A great band!
- 2. What I Got by Sublime
What can I say it's a feel good song!
- 1. Time of Your Life by Green Day
It's the best song ever written. No matter how many times you listen to it,it still sounds great! It was played on SignFeid and ER.
By: Herb Denmark Jr.
- 10. Love Gets Me Every Time by Shania Twain
My favorite so far of my Carrollton, Georgia years
- 9. This is How We Do It by Montell Jordan
It made the very busy mid-1990s a little more tolerable.
- 8. Macarena by Los del Rios
The song heard most often at the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics, where I served in Georgia Dome press operations.
- 7. The Power by Snap
I'm gettin', I'm gettin', I'm gettin' kind of happy.
- 6. You're Never Gonna Get It (My Love) by En Vogue
This 1990s ladies' group reminded me of the Pointer Sisters & the Supremes.
- 5. Life Is A Highway by Tom Cochrane
He drove it all night long; but really life is a journey.
- 4. End of the Road by BoyZ II Men
Appropriate for the Eddie Murphy-Halle Berry-Robin Givens movie "Boomerang", this person likes the longer version.
- 3. Gonna Make You Sweat by C&C Music Factory
#1 before my 30th birthday, it was a hit during the Persian Gulf War. Disco briefly came back.
- 2. Testify by Sounds of Blackness
From an album that is one of the best R&B/soul/gospel albums I've ever heard. I'm glad to have it in my collection.
- 1. Optimistic by Sounds of Blackness
This record proves that one does not have to preach in order to bring an inspirational message.
I had to think about it a little before I chose this top 10. I began to become turned off by popular music with the rise in popularity of gangsta rap & the Republican takeover of Congress.
- 10. Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters
- 9. Time Of Your Life (good Riddance) by Green Day
- 8. Unforgiven by Metallica
- 7. My Own Worst Enemy by Lit
- 6. Yesterday Went Too Soon by Feeder
- 5. Local Boy in the Photograph by Stereophonics
- 4. In Bloom by Nirvana
- 3. Everlong by Foo Fighters
- 2. When I Come Around by Green Day
- 1. Dammit by Blink 182
- 10. Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 9. Man In The Box by Alice in Chains
- 8. Don't Cry by Guns N' Roses
- 7. Right Now by Van Halen
- 6. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 5. Hard to Handle by Black Crowes
- 4. Spoonman by Soundgarden
- 3. Even Flow by Pearl Jam
- 2. Alive by Pearl Jam
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 10. Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin
He is a great singer. The best live-performer in the world, and also handsome.
- 9. Milk by Garbage
Shirley looks so pretty in this video. She always sings excellent.
- 8. If It Makes You Happy by Sheryl Crow
She is the best female-rock of the 90s.
- 7. Wishlist by Pearl Jam
The lyrics are the best of the 90s.
- 6. Losing My Religion by R.E.M.
Michael Stipe is simply mi idol, my role model. I admire him completely, he sings so well, and writes such wonderful songs...
- 5. Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor
I like so much the music of Sin�ad's. Many people disagree with her filosophy, I don't really know it. But talking musically, Sin�ad is GREAT.
- 4. Wannabe by Spice Girls
I am not a big pop fan, but you cannot disagree with me that it is an excellent song for dancing, singing loud and having fun.
- 3. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
It is a very good one. I would say the best of Metallica. The lyrics are wonderful.
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Well, you all know what this song means: the GRUNGE revolution. I love this one.
- 1. Don't Speak by No Doubt
This is a song that I really, really feel. Sometimes it brings me to tears. It also has a great guitar solo and (as always) Gwen Stefani sings amazing in this song.
The 90s were the best :)
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book