What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: The Man Himself
- 10. Dust in the Wind by Kansas
I don't think I was old enough to appreciate the the beauty of that song at the time.. but the time is never an obstacle for these kind of gems.
- 9. End of Summer by Deftones
Deftones at their best. They really have their own style.. imitated but never approached.
- 8. Thoughtless by Korn
New material but so much better than the last two albums. I'm so thrilled that they got their roots back. Viva Korn-Korn and Life is Peachy.
- 7. Bohemian Rapsody by Queen
Thou who does not like this song.. take a step forward so I can slap you cute little sorry bottom with a big big sledgehammer. I'm serious.
- 6. Heal the World by Micheal Jackson
Probably "The Great Micheal King of Pop"' s greatest. It touches you deep inside.
- 5. Judith by A Perfect Circle
James Maynard Keenan does it again.. What does he eat dammit!
- 4. Hotel California by Eagles
When you know the real meaning of that song, you just enjoy it much more.
- 3. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
Very deep in its meaning. I'm not black, but when I hear this song about those dudes in the ghettos.. it makes me think twice.
- 2. Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
Like a radio anouncer said a couple of weeks ago.. a perfect ending for a perfect song
- 1. Sober by Tool
That's a great (?#$$% song. The beat takes you right at the begining and never stops 'til the end
I'm really the kind of guy who likes all kinds of music. If I had something to say to you out there it would be : don't get stuck in only one style... maybe for you it is the best one but try to take bits and pieces of other styles and enjoy them.. Cause you'll agree with me.. music is all around and it is what makes us human.
By: The Chief
- 10. Basketcase by Green Day
- 9. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 8. All Mixed Up by 311
not much to say, 311 rules
- 7. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
I love the chilli peppers
- 6. Glycerine by Bush
the most romantic song of the 90's
- 5. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
- 4. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
where would music be today without this song
- 3. Say it ain't so by Weezer
A great old school weezer song
- 2. The Wanderer by O.a.r.
same quote as crazy game
- 1. That Was a Crazy Game of Poker by O.a.r.
Great Song-Very great band
others, Shimmer-fuel, Machinehead-bush, buddy holly-weezer, someday i suppose-mighty mighty bosstones, lump-prez of the usa,
By: Travis Lamont Mobley
- 10. Hard Time Hustla by Krayzie Bone
- 9. Time After Time by Krayzie Bone
- 8. Father by Bizzy Bone
- 7. Jesus by Bizzy Bone
good song for the soul
- 6. Resurrection (paper,paper) by Bone Thugs N Harmony
come back song let people they still got it
- 5. Dayz Of Our Lives by Bone Thugs N Harmony
- 4. Foe Tha Luv Of $ by Bone Thugs N Harmony
- 3. Thuggish Ruggish Bone by Bone Thugs N Harmony
- 2. Crossroads by Bone Thugs N Harmony
made for their idol and mentor eazy e
- 1. 1st Of Tha Month by Bone Thugs N Harmony
this song put bone on the map in 1999 and will always be remembered until the end
other bone thugs n harmony songs; look into my eyes, change the world, weed song, thugs cry, make my day, check these songs out.
By: Turner Watson
- 10. Loser by Beck
People are still trying to copy Beck's style from the Mello Gold album. So far, nobody's got it right.
- 9. More Human Than Human by White Zombie
Paved the way for nu-metal...remember, this was considered "thrash metal" by a lot of radio and Mtv types when it first came out. My, how times have changed...
- 8. What I Got by Sublime
God, what a career they could have had.
- 7. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
Established them as a band to be reckoned with, before their long descent into dissapointment.
- 6. Rockafella Skank by Fatboy Slim
House and trip-hop mixed with samples and big beats...club music for the sports arena.
- 5. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette
The girl rocks...and unlike other grrrl bands from the 90's, she's still going strong.
- 4. Jump Around by House of Pain
Hip-hop with a mosh-pit flava...the shape of things to come.
- 3. Salvation by Rancid
Nirvana used a punk crowbar to pry open the doors to radio...Rancid threw a trashcan through the window. Their family tree goes like this: Clash - Sex Pistols - Rancid - White Stripes - ????
- 2. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
When I heard this being played on a Top-40 radio station, I knew that the revolution had begun.
The decade began with flannel shirts and unwashed hair, then we all got mowhawks or died our hair green...now anything goes. Long live rock, no matter what form it takes.
- 10. Pretty Noose by Soundgarden
- 9. Spoon Man by Soundgarden
so underated why is that soundgarden is badass
- 8. Stay Away From Me by Godsmack
how can you not like them? they got their name from an alice in chains song
- 7. Junkhead by Alice In Chains
you gotta love any song where layne is yelling
- 6. Judas by A Perfect Circle
- 5. Them Bones by Alice In Chains
what can you say alice in chains rock
- 4. Plush by Stp
- 3. Stinkfist by Tool
- 2. Man In The Box by Alice In Chains
- 1. Would by Alice In Chains
alice in chains #1
in conclusion alice in chains rock
- 10. Burden in my Hand by Soundgarden
Chris Cornell is the best vocalist of the 90's, and this song showcases it. He stays comfortably in registers that would kill most castrati.
- 9. Fuck you by Mike Brown and the Sneakies
No, no, sorry, THIS is what every indy band should be like. Angst-filled, profanity-laden music to get pissed at your ex-girlfriend at.
- 8. Smashing Pumpkins by 1979
If, after hearing this song, you don't want to get a group of friends and drive around aimlessly on a hot summer night, you have no soul.
- 7. Nirvana by All Apologies
What else can I say? Everyone is gay. Classic.
- 6. Cut Your Hair by Pavement
It just rocks. Great melody, grrreat lyrics (tension and fears, a career, career, korea, korea!). Pavement is what every indy band should attempt to be like.
- 5. Plowed by Sponge
Plowed into the sound, indeed. Nothing gets me like a delay-filled lead riff.
- 4. Black Crowes by Hard to Handle
So what if it's a cover? It doesn't get any better than 'hey little thing lemme light your candle 'cause mama I'm so hard to handle now'.
- 3. The Freshmen by The Verve Pipe
Soft, pretty, tragic. Play this song when you're making out with your girlfriend. If you want her to stop.
- 2. Electioneering by Radiohead
Cock-rock on a record that, supposedly, didn't rock hard at all.
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Based on real events with a cool as hell harmonics-riff in the beginning, this is THE song of the 90's.
By: Mike Davis
- 10. Whoop There It Is by Tag Team
You could hear this song in at least 5 different clubs in the same night for at least 4 months.
- 9. You Ought To Know by Alanis Morissette
Another song you could never get enough of.
- 8. I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy
Probably the best remake he has ever done.
- 7. Waterfalls by Tlc
For sure one of the best songs of the 90's and today.
- 6. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
Didn't like it at the time but learned to realize it really is a great song. you know y'all loved it.
- 5. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
God why? but it did stay at #1 for a zillion weeks?????
- 4. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix Alot
I bet you still know the entire song by heart to this day!!
- 3. Smell Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Probably the most overrated song of the 90's (didn't even hit #1) but everybody loved it so.....
- 2. Nothin But A G Thang by Dr Dre
Even people that didn't like rap loved this song.
- 1. Guns N' Roses by November Rain
This song set the tone for almost the entire decade.
If britney spears appears anywhere on this page, somebody needs there head examined. (or really look back at the 90's,,,,not just the last year and a half)
- 10. Six Feet Deep by Ghetto Boys
One of the top 5 rap songs ever...for sure.
- 9. The Promise by Tracy Chapman
Just listen to it.
- 8. Faget by Korn
An amazing song. Very cutting.
- 7. Karma Police by Radiohead
A fun but deep song. Came from a term they were using on tour as a joke.
- 6. Brenda's Got a Baby by Tupac Shakur
One of many Tupac songs with a meaning which is hard to find in rap especially today.
- 5. Under the Bridge by All about Anthony's heroine addiction...great song
- 4. November Rain by Guns 'n Roses
Another epic song, even better video.
- 3. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
Epic song...began as two songs and became one.
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Creep by Radiohead
One of the greatest and deepest love songs ever...pretty Dark. "When you were here before; Couldn't look you in the eye; you're just like an angel, your skin makes me cry." The best.....
If you download any of these and give them a legitimate shot i guarantee you will appreciate every single one of them.
- 10. Corduroy by Pearl Jam
- 9. Lounge Act by Nirvana
- 8. State Of Love And Trust by Pearl Jam
- 7. Reach Down by Temple Of The Dog
- 6. Bleed The Freak by Alice In Chains
- 5. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 4. The Day I Tried To Live by Soundgarden
- 3. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
- 2. Lithium by Nirvana
- 1. Black by Pearl Jam
- 10. Sunshine by Samiam
- 9. Blind by The Planet Smashers
- 8. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
- 7. Hey Love by The Dog And Everything
- 6. Staring At The Light by The Living End
- 5. Beautiful Day by U2
- 4. Get It On by Paps And Skar
- 3. It Dont Matter by Rehab
- 2. Ill Melt With You by Modern English
this is old too...
- 1. Just Like Heaven by The Cure
my fav song of all time... i think its old though... sorry
some of these are older songs... like i would like to add with or without you by U2 but thats really out there...
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book