What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Sean van den Ierssel
- 10. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 9. The Launch (bubbling remix) by Dj Jean
- 8. All the Small Things by Blink 182
- 7. Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz
- 6. Lord of the Boards by Guano Apes
- 5. Jump Around by House of Pain
- 4. Never Ever by All Saints
- 3. Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 2. By the Way by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 1. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
- 10. Particle Man by They Might Be Giants
I LOVE THIS SONG CAUSE IT WAS ON TINY TOONS!!!!!
- 9. Popluar by I Don't Know.....
i still dance to this song
- 8. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
if i had to pick i gues it woudl be this but htey alot of better ones
- 7. Song 2 by Blur
God this song f*kin rules
- 6. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
i am not shamd to say, i had a crush on the guy with dreds......ok a little ashamed....ok i am crying....i'lll go away now....
- 5. Lump & Peaches by Presidents Of The United States Of America
This band is amazing, and while i was sad to see them kinda dissapear, it kinda keeps the nostalga safe
- 4. Mm Mmmmm Mmmmm by Crash Test Dummies
hehe i love this song just cause it rules
- 3. Two Princes by Spin Doctors
who didn't have this song in there head?
- 2. Wonderwall by Oasis
this one kinda ties with CHAMOAGNE SUPERNOVA, but most of my entries are early ninties and htsi was a fav
- 1. Big Empty by Stone Temple Pilots
While i think all there songs rock, this is my favorite i don't knwo why, but i cant' not sing whenit comes on, it puts me in a transe
god so many good songs came out inthe early 90's it was full of perversionand teenage angst...now its stupid 14 year olds teaming up with redman talkign about being dirty when she probably doesn't even know who peter north is, and stupid bands like POD and Papa Roach and Blink 182, a bunch of near middle age men trygin to connect with teh youth of america, and hten of course there are the 90's bands who are still trying to make it, like Korn, don't they realize that after a while complaining just isn't cool? *sigh* while i don't have a solution to this plague that has taken over the music industry i am thankful that madonna and STP are still around and that bands like Thursday, Phantom Planet and the Vines are tryign to keep hope alive. Peace out yall, and keep listening
By: Valentin Bozhinov
- 10. Just For You by Masterboy
- 9. Somebody Dance With Me by Dj Bobo
- 8. Shadows Of The Night by Dj Bobo
- 7. Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera
- 6. Here I Go Again by E-type
- 5. If You Had My Love by Jenifer Lopez
- 4. Equador by Sash
- 3. I Knew I Lovd You by Savage Gerden
- 2. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Gerden
- 1. To The Moon And Back by Savage Gerden
This is the best song of savage garden!!!!
By: Slothbashin' Hobo
- 10. Untitled by Mineral
(yep, that's the name of the song) Boy did it fight it's way on there. Great layered guitarwork, yet not too complicated that it gets overly busy, and then of course the climax when he screams "I still dream!...". I guess I'm just a sucker for a gradual rock build-up.
- 9. Possum Kingdom by The Toadies
One of the few "one hit wonders" of the grunge era. (Sorry all toadie fans) But what a hit! A grunge anthem!
- 8. Only In Dreams by Weezer
In all honesty this should be Suzanne (the apex of what "the Weeze" did best) but this is probably their best all-around song. That build up, and the solo. Once Rivers kicks up the volume he owns your soul for the next three minutes.
- 7. Demons Are Real by Guided By Voices
Short, sweet, undeniably great pop song. Took a while to get used to the slide whistle!
- 6. Lover, You Should've Come Over by Jeff Buckley
I can't get over this dude! Grace would've been an adequate substitution. His voice alone makes any song become more than just a melody. It breaks more barriers than Jeremy Enigk's and is as heartfelt as Robert Smith's. He's the only white male since Van Morrison to really convey "soul". This song in particular brings about any number of 'unrequited loves' into my head.
- 5. Lithium by Nirvana
Lyrically biting and even funny for Kurt, and well it rocked. Hey, if it wasn't on here than Aneurysm, Radio Friendly..., Tourrette's or even Teen Spirit would be.
- 4. Song 2 by Blur
Is this a little too high? Maybe...but there are a lot of great rock songs that were comparable in simplicity, catchiness, and brevity. I guess it's the "Woo-hoo!" that really rocks the proverbial socks off.
- 3. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
Anthem of the decade by one of the two most acclaimed bands of the decade. This song bring everything radiohead can do to the table, yorke's lyrics, the melancholy refrain, the twisted solo!
- 2. How it Feels to Be Something On by Sunny Day Real Estate
Kind of cheap to give them the top two slots but these two songs together are upper echelon kind of stuff. On par with a certain fab four. Do I dare invoke the spirits of John and George?
- 1. Waffle by Sunny Day Real Estate
It just has all I ever wanted in a chorus. Let's see, how eloquently can I put this? It's pretty!
Well, seeing as not too many people hit the eightieth page on this list site, it probably doesn't matter that I glossed over Exit Music, Motion Picture Soundtrack (Radiohead), or AFI, Built to Spill, Modest Mouse, Pavement, etc. Hey, and if you haven't seen Everlong on here yet, go back and look, it's there....see? There it is!
- 10. All I Want by The Offspring
- 9. What Its Like by Everlast
- 8. Finger 11 by First Time
- 7. In The End by Linkin Park
- 6. Van Halen by Runnin With The Devil
- 5. Ozzy by Crazy Train
- 4. No Leaf Clover by Metallica
- 3. Higher by Creed
- 2. Zakk Wylde by Road Back Home
- 1. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
This is the best 10 songs ever
- 10. Mormon Fury by Yer Mom
Yes, this does exist, and it's the most amazing, incredibly original song you've never heard. Yer Mom deserves a grammy.
- 9. Lemon by U2
Bono is so hot when he acts homosexual.
- 8. I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy
This has an excellent melody. Puff Daddy is a genius to've come up with such a melody.
- 7. Me So Horny by 2 Live Crew
Way DEEPER than Tori Amos.
- 6. Mambo #5 by Lou Bega
Validates Lou as the age's premiere songwriter.
- 5. Cut The Mullet by Wesley Willis
- 4. Freedom by Jimi Hendrix
Didn't the nineties rule??
- 3. Freakout Hell Bus by Wesley Willis
..because i fucking said so
- 2. Song 2 by Blur
It fooking rules.
- 1. Suck My Dog's Dick by Wesley Willis
This is the peak of his rage.
By: tiffy and mae
- 10. Baby, Coz I'm a Thug by Trick Daddy
- 9. Extra Ordinary by Better Than Ezra
- 8. My Own Summer by Deftones
This is Andrew's song!
- 7. Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit
- 6. Goodwill Day by B.O.B.
- 5. Sadie Hawkins Dance by Relient K
- 4. Mother, We just can't get enough by New Radicals
- 3. Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Lepard
- 2. Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus
- 1. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix A Lot
These are awesome songs, and if you haven't heard them you should!
By: Ical Morisson
- 10. Hard To Handle by Black Crowes
rock n roll,love it.....
- 9. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilot
- 8. Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis
me and my pals love this song
- 7. Im Only Happy When It Rain by Garbage
i just love this song
- 6. Aanthem Of 2000 by Silverchair
silverchair getting better and better
- 5. One Head Light by Wallflower
one of 90s good song
- 4. Man In The Box by Alice In Chain
since i saw jerry catrell concert ,this song always stucked in my head
- 3. Anna Begin by Counting Crowes
what a good love song of 90s
- 2. The End by The Doors
this song might came at 60s,but for me,this song always great when ever i listen to it
- 1. One by U2
graet lyrics,great song
heart shaped box by nirvana ,make me wanna be a rock star....
- 10. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
- 9. Jenny Says by Cowboy Mouth
- 8. The Verve by Bittersweet Symphony
- 7. My Own Worst Enemy by Lit
- 6. Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
- 5. Walking on the Sun by Smashmouth
- 4. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 3. Wallflowers by One Headlight
- 2. Verve Pipe by Freshman
- 1. Tubthumper by Chumbawumba
- 10. I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy
- 9. My Worst Own Enemy by Lit
- 8. If You Could Only See by Tonic
- 7. Smells Like Teen Sprit by Nirvana
- 6. Crossroads by Bone Thugs N Harmony
- 5. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
- 4. Regulate by Warren G
- 3. On Bended Knee by Boyz II Men
- 2. Down Low by R Kelly
- 1. You're Not Alone by Michael Jakcon
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book