What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Dan Holmes
- 10. Outside by Staind
My personal anthem, almost anybody can relate to it.
- 9. Lithium or In Bloom by Nirvana
It's hard to choose between these two masterpieces.
- 8. Battleflag by Lo-Fidelity Allstars
This song deserved to place higher on the charts than it actually did.
- 7. A Change Of Seasons by Dream Theater
23 minutes of ecstasy.
- 6. No More Tears by Ozzy Osbourne
Possibly one of the best hooks of all time.
- 5. Blue Monday by Orgy
One of the best industrial songs of the late 90s.
- 4. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
This song still gives me the chills.
- 3. Freak On A Leash by Korn
See comment for song #2
- 2. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Arguably one of the best music videos ever, too.
- 1. Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 10. Dolphin's Crying by LIve
- 9. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
That video came to cause a big revolution.
- 8. Ice, Ice, Baby by Vanilla Ice
Everybody knows this fuck#$#%# song!
- 7. No limit by Unlimited
It is not alternative rock either, but it changed the way electronic music was going to be in the 90s.
- 6. Everything I do by Bryan Adams
It is not alternative rock, but it became a big hit.
- 5. Shine by Collective Soul
- 4. Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana
- 3. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 2. Losing My Religion by R.E.M.
- 1. Creep by Radiohead
- 10. Memory Remains by Metallica
- 9. Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis
- 8. Tubthumping by Chumbawamba
- 7. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 6. Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad? by Moby
- 5. Damnit by Blink 182
- 4. Otherside by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- 3. Better Man by Pearl Jam
- 2. Shimmer by Fuel
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 10. Cat Like Thief by Boxcar Racer
- 9. There Is by Boxcar Racer
- 8. Feel So by Boxcar Racer
- 7. Story Of A Lonely Guy by Blink 182
- 6. In Too Deep by Sum 41
- 5. Dress To Kill by New Found Glory
- 4. My Friends Over You by New Found Glory
- 3. All The Small Thing by Blink 182
- 2. Adam Song by Blink 182
- 1. First Date by Blink 182
- 10. From The Cradle To Enslaved by Craddle Of Filth
- 9. Waiting For Darkness by Ozzy Osbourne
- 8. A Tout Le Monde by Megadeath
- 7. Sweet Dreams by Marilyn Manson
- 6. Crawling by Linkin Park
- 5. Stupify by Disturbed
- 4. What If by Creed
- 3. Wake Up by Ratm
- 2. Paranoid by Blacksabbath
- 1. Sweet Child Of Mine by Guns N Roses
- 10. Survivor by Destineys Child
- 9. Nasty Girl by Destineys Child
- 8. I Love Rock N Role by Britney Spears
- 7. Cleaning Out My Closet by Eminem
- 6. Without Me by Eminem
- 5. Loose Yourself by Eminem
- 4. Like I Love You by Justin Timberlake
- 3. Sk8ter Boi by Avril Lavigne
- 2. Complicated by Avril Lavigne
- 1. Say My Name by Destineys Child
all the bands that i said rocks so never give up. i love you eminem!!!!!!!!!!
- 10. All I Need by Method Man
Good song period.
- 9. Da Goodness by Redman
Didn't receive much airplay but has hot beat and gets goin.
- 8. Juicy by Notorious BIG
Good song that got Biggie some good fame.
- 7. If I Ruled The World by NaS
- 6. Nuthin But A G Thang by Dr. Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg
- 5. California Love by 2Pac
Good anthem. Can't ever get sick of this song.
- 4. Regulators by Warren G And Nate Dogg
Hot! All I got to say.
- 3. Come Original by 311
If you not original then I guess you will get shot! That says it all right there!
- 2. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony by The Crossroads
Same as Changes. Good meaning and good beat for the time that it was made.
- 1. Changes by 2Pac
The hottest song that actually has some kind of meaning to it!
- 10. Ghetto Superstar by Nas And Maya
- 9. Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
- 8. Just A Girl by No Doubt
- 7. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 6. No Diggidy by Blackstreet
- 5. Sex And Candy by Marcy's Playground
- 4. I've Got Friends In Low Places by Garth Brooks
- 3. I Will Buy You A New Life by Everclear
- 2. Glycerine by Bush
- 1. California Love by Tupac
West side baby
By: Val Pal
- 10. Brick by Ben Folds Five
This song is so simple, a short story about a sad couple just trying to get through the day. If you can't relate to this song, there's something wrong going on in your life. It's a beautiful song and seems to say everything I've eve needed to.
- 9. A Long December by Counting Crows
It's a good song, how else can you say it? I listen to it maybe once or twice a year, and it always makes me smile.
- 8. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
A wonderful, perfect, sexy, sexy, sexy song that everyone has to love.
- 7. You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morissette
Just scream with it, it's amazing.
- 6. Everybody Hurts by R.E.M.
Play this song when you're depressed - it always helped me.
- 5. Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town by Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam has never been a favorite band of mine, but I love this song.
- 4. Shimmer by Fuel
It's a song I've loved from the moment I heard it and I think I always will.
- 3. Wonderwall by Oasis
This song always makes me wish for a real someone to fall passionately in love with.
- 2. Creep by Radiohead
Sexy sexy sexy.
- 1. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Pepers
Red Hot Chili Peppers have always been so amazing. This is true art. I have not heard a song by this sexy, sexy band that I don't like but I first heard this song when I was going through a suicidal period myself. It spoke to me like a song is supposed to.
Honorable mention goe to "Glycerine" by Bush and "Interstate Love Song" by Stone Temple Pilots (who have some many freaking great songs). DOWN WITH HIP HOP AND POP!!!
By: Emma Stephanie
- 10. Basket Case by Green Day
SucH A happy song you just have to laugh really..
- 9. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
one of the best bands of the 90's
- 8. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
wicked song one of their best
- 7. Man On The Moon by Rem
I LOVE THIS SONG...THE LYRICS ARE GREAT!
- 6. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrrisette
it was this or the spice girls....
- 5. Saturday Night by Whigfield
Greta dance track at any party!
- 4. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
right up there with the best song of all time. name me someone who doesn't know it!
- 3. Enter Sandman by Metallica
Great catchy tune. instant hit with a load of metlers
- 2. Dont Cry by Guns N Roses
Again a wicked song just proves heavy metal artists can write a decent ballad.
- 1. Black by Pearl Jam
How can anyone not love this song?! must contain some of the best lyrics ever written. Pure class
rock on all you tallica fans out there!
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book