What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Blind Melon by Soak The Sin
- 9. The Freshmen by The Verve Pipe
- 8. Story Of A Lonely Guy by Blink 182
- 7. Even Deeper by Nine Inch Nails
- 6. Come Out Swinging by Offspring
- 5. Fell On Black Days by Soundgarden
- 4. Good Riddence by Green Day
- 3. Soma by Smashing Pumpkins
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
- 10. Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
- 9. Bullet with Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
- 8. Mayonase by Smashing Pumpkins
- 7. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
- 6. I'll Try Not To Breathe by REM
- 5. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 4. Come As You Are by Nirvana
- 3. In Bloom by Nirvana
- 2. Lithium by Nirvana
- 1. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
this is the best song ever written
- 10. MMMBOP by Hanson
I got it stuck in my head in like 1998, and it is still there 4 years later.
- 9. Hook by Blues Traveler
Bet you dont remember this one.
- 8. Crash Into Me by Dave Mathews Band
Just a great one
- 7. Pure Morning by Placebo
A friend in needs a friend indeed, a friend with weed is better.
- 6. On a Plain by Nirvana
One of the underappreciated songs on Nevermind.
- 5. Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 4. Celebrity Skin by Hole
- 3. Spider Webs by No Doubt
This song really put them on the map.
- 2. Karma Police by Radio Head
This is a great one, kinda depressing, but altogether good.
- 1. Big Me by Foo Fighters
Ok, so sue me, I love this song. It is awsome.
Too many good songs to list.
By: John Q Public
- 10. Good Riddens (Tiime of Your Life) by Green Day
- 9. Aint Nothin But a G Thing by Dr. Dre
What?? Rap is on the radio?
- 8. No Rain by Blind Melon
A one Hit Wonder. This song stays with us though because of the singer dying of a drug Overdose, common news in the 90's.
- 7. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
No 90's List can be complete without the song that defines 90's Rock
- 6. Hyberballad by Bjork
- 5. Satelite by Dave Mathews Band
One of the musicly talented groups of the 90's
- 4. Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
- 3. Radiohead by Fake Plastic Tree's
Nother Good Song
- 2. Gotham Lullaby by Bjork
My favorite artist. My favorite song. The Icelandic Goddess of Beautiful Music..Bjork
- 1. Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth... by Primative Radio Gods
An amazing song that has a uniqe outlook on the 90's
Bjork Is Good
By: Vicente Franco Garc�a
- 10. Mystical Machine Gun by Kula Shaker
- 9. The Universal by Blur
Excellent song and excellent video to go with it.
- 8. This Is Love by PJ Harvey
I luuuv this woman.
- 7. Yellow by Coldplay
If you consider Coldplay a 90's band, this song cannot be left out. The song has one of the best lines I've ever heard: 'For you I'd bleed myself/for you I'd bleed myself dry'. I wish someone told me that [Siiiiiigh].
- 6. Wicked Game by Chris Isaak
Cool ballad. I've heard it a thousand times and I'm still wondering how does Chris [or rather, his voice] do it to go so high [hormones?].
- 5. My Favorite Mistake by Sheryl Crow
Nice lyrics with a pathetic 'can't-live-with-you-can't-live-without-you-either'touch. Very sexily interpreted by one of the hottest females on the GLOBE (Get it?)
- 4. Driftwood by Travis
Pure poetry. There's also an excellent acoustic version out there. Other Travis songs I recommend: 'Why does it always rain on me?', 'We are monkeys'.
- 3. Sexxlaws by Beck
This song is all about freedom. Ideal tune to cheer one up.
- 2. Losing My Religion by REM
IMHO, REM's best. 'Everybody hurts'and 'Lotus' are fine songs as well.
- 1. The Riverboat Song by Ocean Colour Scene
Amazing,awesome,gigantic,spectacular song by a splendid sadly underrated band. The Gallaghers privately admit to be 'the UK's second best band' after these guys. Also check out 'The Riverboat Song','The Circle','Hundred mile high city' and many others.
Say NO to war!
By: Andy Cz
- 10. Lithium by Nirvana
Another song by THE band of the nineties.
- 9. I Would Walk 500 Miles by The Proclaimers
The one song which makes you really want to get up and walk.
- 8. You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morissette
Great song by a breakthrough female artists.
- 7. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Great song by a great band, a song that everybody knows.
- 6. No Rain by Blind Melon
God Bless Shannon Hoon for making this song. Showing that you always fit in somewhere.
- 5. D'You Know What I Mean? by Oasis
Cool song, even cooler video, teen angst across the pond in England. The 90's were all about people being themselves, and teens were no exception.
- 4. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
This song served to broaden the scope of rock's new form, Grunge.
- 3. Everybody Hurts by REM
This song is cool because it remains sensitive and angry all at once.
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
This song is one of my favorite, after "Teen Spirit" of course, but it serves to embody all the childhood anger that Nirvana expressed through teens.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Embodied the whole '90s theme, rebellious teens, societal angst . . . we just got sick of glam rock.
- 10. All Over You (All Over Me) by Live
Throwing Copper is a must own album for everybody on the face of the planet. It's all good, which is rare. This song is the coolest, though.
- 9. Losing my Religion by REM
There's just not enough to say about good REM songs... yep... not enough to say...
- 8. One by U2
Okay, by now I've really realized that I'm throwing things out of order. This song represents good music. But let's not forget Mysterious Ways.
- 7. Duran Duran by Ordinary World
I don't remember if this was late 80's or early 90's, so sorry, if I got it wrong. A beautiful piece of work.
- 6. Say it Ain't So by Weezer
This song is about heroine... I think... but aside from that, it and Buddy Holly are two of my favorites.
- 5. Tonight Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
This, Today, and 1979 got me into the Pumpkins. I actually would put those songs, plus Apples + Oranges on hear if I had the room. This song was darn close to being my Junior Prom theme.
- 4. Hero of The Day by Metallica
I always did love this song, even when I would hear the ever-so-good, yet dark 'Until it Sleeps' before it... or was it after?
- 3. Corduroy by Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam is just plain awesome, and songs like Jeremy and Yellow Ledbetter are also signs of the times... and are cool.
- 2. Soul 2 Squeeze/ Under the Bridge (tie) by Red Hot Chili Peppers
These songs are why so many people love the band... until they hear some of the other early stuff (not that it's bad, just different)...
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Despite the fact that I no longer get that 'super cool' feeling, due to hearing it so many times, this song got me into music. And it rules.
I'd like to also thank such artists as The Refreshments, Presidents of the United States of America, Sting, Good Charolette, Foo Fighters, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, Radiohead, House of Pain, Vanilla Ice (for all the laughs), Blues Travelers, Counting Crows, Dave Matthews Band, and several others that I can't think of right now, but I know that when I do, I'll feel like a stupid jerk... Oh yeah, Tom Petty, Seal, The Wallflowers, Outkast (a little bit annoying, though), Blind Melon, Busta Rhymes, and of course, Guns and Roses. As Wierd Al once said, "Those were the good old days"
- 10. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
I wish it would just come and wash away the rain
- 9. Cool Like That by Diggable Planets
how come they never had anymore hits after this song? You woulda thought that which such talent, they'd still be around. Oh well.
- 8. The Kissing Game by Hi Five
- 7. It Ain't Over till It's Over by Lenny Kravitz
Lenny is the man. nuff said
- 6. All the Man that I Need by Whitney Houston
Whitney was all the woman anyone needed in the 80s and early 90s.
- 5. If by Janet Jackson
if she was my girl, the things she'd do to me. But she's not! :(
- 4. Unforgiven by Metallica
cool song where the voice took center stage as opposed to the instruments
- 3. If Your Girl Only Knew by Aaliyah
great song with great beats and a great voice. I will always miss Aaliyah!
- 2. Wade in the Water by Eva Cassidy
beautiful gospel song by Eva Cassidy, who passed away in 1996, and was truly the world's most unrecognized talent. She sang everthing from country to folk to gospel to rock to blues---and it all sounded good. Amazing artist who didnt limit herself to the boxes that the world comforms to.
- 1. Vanishing by Mariah Carey
this is an amazing song with breathtaking vocals and lyrics and written and delivered by a woman with one of the most beautiful voices in the history of this world.
Runners Up: Go West--Faithful ; Nirvana-Smells Like Teen Spirit ; Celine Dion-Pour Que Tu M'aime Encore ; Fugee La-The Fugees ; LeAnee Rhymes - Blue ; LL Cool J - Loungin ; Mobb Deep-Shook Ones ; Nas f. Lauryn Hill - If I Ruled the World.........and so many more too many to name
- 10. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
Very lovly song from a stupidly talented band
- 9. Marvellous by Lightning Seeds
Very memorable for me... full of hope "it could be marvellous!"
- 8. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
Amazing song and band, love the music video.
- 7. Tender by Blur
This song is just great for "come on come on get through it" moment. very mellow and nice.
- 6. Everything for Free by K's Choice
You should look out for this band, they're not very big outside of Sweden (?) but have a wonderful clear sound and wonderful thoughtful lyrics.
- 5. Caught a Lite Sneeze by Tori Amos
Beautiful song...just beautiful.
- 4. Uninvited by Alanis Morissette
Although this isn't on either of her bestselling albums, it's my favourite at the moment. Quite intense.
- 3. Without You I'm Nothing by Placebo
Moving song and album full of deep lyrics from Brian Molko
- 2. Push It by Garbage
Amazing music video plus a very energetic song.
- 1. Queen and the Soldier by Suzanne Vega
Gorgeous folky ballad, intense but mellow lyrics from a very talented woman.
- 10. Hash Pipe by Weezer
- 9. Photograph by Weezer
- 8. Island in The Sun by Weezer
- 7. El Scorcho by Weezer
- 6. Pink Triangle by Weezer
- 5. Tired Of Sex by Weezer
- 4. My Name Is Jonas by Weezer
- 3. Say it Aint So by Weezer
- 2. Undone by Weezer
- 1. Buddy Holly by Weezer
This Is the Best band of the 90s by far and this song defined the decade
ALL OF THESE SONGS ARE AWESOME AND THE BAND PROVES THAT GEEKS ROCK!!!!!!!
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book