What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Dick Honig
- 10. Blind by Korn
- 9. Sure Shot by Beastie Boys
- 8. J.a.r. (jason Andrew Relva) by Green Day
- 7. I Stay Away by Alice In Chains
- 6. Hey Man, Nice Shot by Filter
- 5. Dig For Fire by Pixies
- 4. Tired Of Sex by Weezer
- 3. Dammit by Blink-182
- 2. Lithium by Nirvana
- 1. Karma Police by Radiohead
these are in no particular order, just one mans opinion.
By: Tiffany And Amanda
- 10. Jumper by Third Eye Blind
This song will always remind me of you, Amanda!!
- 9. I Will Buy You A New Life by Everclear
Tiff the check is in the mail!!
- 8. I Get Around by Tupac
sometimes people just need to get laid!!!
- 7. Back That @$$ Up by Juvenile
- 6. Superman by 3 Doors Down
just a great song!
- 5. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix Alot
um... always a great party song!
- 4. Instant Pleasure by Rufus Wainwright
lol... this one pretty much speaks for itself!!
- 3. Now That I've Found You by Terry Clark
NO I DONT LOVE GARTH!! Amanda Im going to kick your @$$!!!
- 2. Fade Into You by Mazzy Star
just a really friggin trippy song!!
- 1. You Dont Love Me Anymore by Kumbia Kings
where do we start... Its just a great song to make us laugh!!
- 10. The King Of New Orleans by Better Than Ezra
- 9. Run Run-away by Great Big Sea
- 8. Bad Habit by Offspring
nothin beats pumpin this in the car
- 7. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
- 6. You're Too Cool by Gob
back when they didn't suck.
- 5. Damnit by Blink 182
- 4. Basketcase by Green Day
- 3. Semi-charmed Life by 3rd Eye Blind
- 2. Smells Like Teens Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Red by Treble Charger
best song ever
ya, uhh, this may/may not be in reverse order, RED is the best!
By: E L Sims
- 10. Ain't Nuthin but a G-thang by Dr. Dre/Snoop '
- 9. Boomin' System by LL Cool J
- 8. The 900 Number by 45 King
Jazz meets hip hop.
- 7. Do Me by BBD
- 6. Lock It by Rare Essence
- 5. Don't Make Me Over by Sybil
- 4. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
- 3. Buddy by De La Soul
- 2. Bonita Applebum by A Tribe Called Quest
- 1. The Power by Snap
So Many to pick from. I could have done a top 10 for each year in the 90's. Also it gets difficult when you like so many genres of music.
- 10. Everybody Hurts by R.e.m
- 9. Put That On Everything by Brandy
Reminds me of when i was 16 crying over the boy i loved on that particular day
- 8. Stars by Simply Red
On the film Jack and Sarah.....tissues out people!!!
- 7. Dont Rush by Kci&jojo
- 6. You And I by Will Young
A part of me is ashamed but i cant help liking it (and him although i know there is no hope)
- 5. Shiver by Coldplay
Does exactly what it says on the tin!
- 4. This Guy by Noel Gallagher& Burt Bacherach
Makes me smile!! :o)
- 3. Protection by Massive Attack
- 2. Beautiful Ones by Maria Carey Ft Sisco
Two amazing voices...one amazing song!!!!
- 1. Beauty by Dru Hill
Sends shivers all the way through my body!!!
Just realised.....a few of these are quite recent (sorry!!...im not though i love all of them!!!)
By: Ronald Lincoln
- 10. Roots Radicals by Rancid
- 9. Tuesday Morning by The Pogues
- 8. Reality Used to Be a Friend of Mine by PM Dawn
- 7. Tell Her This by Del Amitri
- 6. Rain King by Counting Crows
- 5. Why by Annie Lenox
- 4. Friday I'm In Love by The Cure
- 3. Am I Wrong by Love Spit Love
- 2. No Myth by Michael Penn
- 1. I Will Go With You (ConTe Partiro) by Donna Summer
- 10. Estranged by Guns N' Roses
- 9. Du Hast by Rammstein
- 8. Down In A Hole by Alice In Chains
- 7. Killing In The Name Of... by Rage Against The Machine
- 6. Live Forever by Oasis
- 5. Creep by RadioHead
- 4. What If I Stumble by DC Talk
- 3. Jesus Christ Pose by SoundGarden
- 2. My Name Is Mud by Primus
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
#11:Vasoline - Stone Temple Pilots; #12:Crucify - Tori Amos; #13:Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins; #14:Epic - Faith No More; #15:Black - Pearl Jam.
- 10. Halo by Texas
Girls hey. They make you end up liking the shitest sons
- 9. Hey Jelousy by Gin Blossums
somebody else has a gin blossums song on here. I'm gonna find it and have a listen but it's going to have to be special to better this one
- 8. Glam Rock Cops by Cater Usm
- 7. Girl From Mars by Ash
another school daze song. Says everything good about those days and why love was so much better in those days than now
- 6. So Cool by Guns N Roses
think that sweet child was 89 so instead i picked this one. To be honest though this band had so many good ones
- 5. Veronica Sawyer by Edna's Goldfish
probably just outside the 90s and a bit pop. But who cares. An I ain't got bored of it yet
- 4. Deceptacon by Le Tigre
this girl has got the sexiest voice ever though I doubt anyone will agree cause it's sorta punky and wierd.... but then again so am I
- 3. Round Here by Counting Crows
my band of the 90s. Mr Jones is gonna be better known but this song is so fcukin intense it goes in as my choice
- 2. Set You Free by N-trance
- 1. High by Feeder
memories of 16 to 18, best time of my life
best band since the 90's - LIGHTYEAR. Go get there albumn and go to one of their gigs
By: Ahmed B.
- 10. What's Up!?? by 4 Non Blonds
- 9. More Than Words by Extreme
Nice and slow!!
- 8. Life In The Streets by Marky Mark Feat Prince Ital Joe
Does anyone know this song??
- 7. End Of The Road by Boyz Ii Men
- 6. With Arms Wide Open by Creed
- 5. Smells Like Teenspirit by Nirvana
- 4. Mmmmmmmh by Crash Test Dummies
Funny song, fu****g name
- 3. I'm Easy by Faith No More
Their best song!
- 2. Streets Of Philadelphia by Bruce Springsteen
One of the most beautiful songs!
- 1. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
Best song of this decade!!
- 10. Gangster's Paradise by Coolio
This top 10 is all rock buttt...who can forget this song? I knew every word to it just because it was played on MTV and the radio 6 times an hour. Huge hit in 95-6.
- 9. Peaches by President of the United States of America
Everyone knows it and every word to it- no one will admit it, but they all liked it even though the words are retarded.
- 8. Sweet by 311
I was obsessed with 311 during 1993-4...I'll never forget the navy blue shirt with the neon blue logo that EVERYONE had.
- 7. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Love the 90s grunge- list wouldn't be complete without this song.
- 6. Two Princes by Spin Doctors
Another classic thats veryyy catchy and everyone knows but no one remembers until they hear it.
- 5. Roll To Me by Del Amitiri
Very catchy song- always reminds me of the summers when I was younger for some reason. Never gets old.
- 4. 'Til I hear it from you by Gin Blossom
Great song- from a great movie. (Empire Records)
- 3. When I Come Around by Greenday
The entire Dookie CD is so mid-90s- perfectly captures that skater-grunge airwalk sneaker part of the decade.
- 2. No Rain by Blind Melon
Even if they don't like the song, NO ONE can forget the little fat girl in the bee costume in the video on MTV.
- 1. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
Everytime this song comes on in my car I get the same reaction..."i LOVE this song- i haven't heard it in forever." CC is amazing but this song in particular seems to remind everyone of the 90s.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book