What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. November Rain by Guns n' Roses
Possibly the best rock ballad ever written. Stairway to Heaven, eat your heart out!
- 9. Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
An awesome remake, and one of the only Pearl Jam songs out there with coherent lyrics throughout.
- 8. Cannonball by The Breeders
I love this song. You'll remember it once you hear it - it was in pretty heavy rotation on most rock stations.
- 7. Mr. Brownstone by Guns n' Roses
There are a lot of songs about addiction out there, but this one is king.
- 6. Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla
Some of the best songs to come out of the nineties were penned by one hit wonders. :)
- 5. Out of this Town (LA Song) by Beth Hart
This is the song that Jewel is constantly trying to write - shes not succeeded yet.
- 4. Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor
Possibly the best "I've got a broken heart" song ever written.
- 3. What's Up by 4 Non Blondes
- 2. Dilate by Ani Difranco
Go pissed off grrrl rockers! :)
- 1. Fade Into You by Mazzy Star
This song is just absolutely beautiful.
Tons of good one hit wonders sprouted in the early nineties. Check out Tonic, Better than Ezra, Candlebox, and Imani Coppola. (Legend of a Cowgirl.) And what is it with people posting songs on here that came out last year? Nineties, people, nineties!!!
- 10. The Distance by Cake
Drinking song, need I say more?
- 9. Holy Grail by Hunters and Collectors
Maybe a little too Australian for everyone else to get - but this song has a cult following, a national sense of pride.
- 8. Saltwater by Julian Lennon
A nice little song to get emotional over.
- 7. December 63 by Four Seasons
Oh what a night!
- 6. Mr Jones by Counting Crows
Never get sick of singing along to this.
- 5. Give It Up by Cut'n'move
Who??? Had to include a nice one hit wonder in the top 10, and again, its very early 90's, can imagine girls with headbands and white shirts tied at the midriff dancing along to this.
- 4. The Globe by Big Audio Dynamite
SOOOOOO early 90s.
- 3. November Rain by Guns and Roses
OK so it goes for 8 minutes but its yet another classic.
- 2. Underground by Ben Folds Five
alternative piano pop - can't go wrong!
- 1. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Most classic song ever written - and awesome to see live!!!!!!!!
I am the early 90s guru - I grew up in love with Mark Paul Gosselar who played Zack on Saved By The Bell and wearing 90210 socks and t-shirt, listening to very upbeat pop by people who have never had a hit since.
- 10. Thats It by Dats It
- 9. Down With The Sickness by Disturbed
- 8. Forever by Kid Rock
- 7. Cocky by Kid Rock
- 6. California Love by 2pac
- 5. The Real Slim Shady by Eminem
- 4. Rollin by Limp Bizkit
- 3. Cowboy by Kid Rock
- 2. American Bad Ass by Kid Rock
- 1. Bawitdaba by Kid Rock
By: Nobodys Hero
- 10. Breathing by Lifehouse
- 9. Cats In The Crandle by Ugly Kid Joe
- 8. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) by Green Day
- 7. Losing My Religion by REM
- 6. Nirvana by Smells Like Team Spirit
- 5. Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
- 4. Pais E Filhos by Legi�o Urbana
Brazilian Band, Music In Portuguese... Great Lyrics!
- 3. The Unforgiven II by Metallica
- 2. Hangin By A Moment by Lifehouse
- 1. Silent Lucidity by Queensryche
By: Francis Paolo Tiopianco
- 10. Acquiesce by Oasis
undoubtedly the best b-side in the 90's
- 9. All Apologies by Nirvana
the unplugged version was one of the best acoustic performances ever
- 8. Closing Time by Semisonic
twas just one of those songs...
- 7. Stand By Me by Oasis
one of the best to hit the radio stations in '98
- 6. Semi-charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
twas just one of those songs that get you worked up
- 5. Enter Sandman by Metallica
nobody rocks as hard as metallica, and they prove it with enter sandman
- 4. Song 2 by Blur
- 3. Wonderwall by Oasis
they say it's better than 'don't look back...', but #3 ain't that bad
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
they popularized the grunge. and the grunge died with kurt cobain
- 1. Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis
nothing compares to the solemn guitars of oasis, plus the voice of noel
- 10. Sex And Candy by Marcy Playground
one hell of a one hit wonder
- 9. Just by Radiohead
- 8. Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
best smashing pumpkins song
- 7. Evenflow by Pearl Jam
one of the bets songs
- 6. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 5. Big Bang Baby by Stone Temple Pilots
- 4. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 3. Buddy Holly by Weezer
- 2. What I Got by Sublime
its sublime what more to say
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
best song ever
best songs of the 90s
- 10. My Heart Will Go On by Cline Deion
- 9. That Gurl by Marcus Somthin
- 8. 03 Bonnie And Clyde by Jay-z F. Beoncey
- 7. I'll Be Missin U by Puff Daddy
- 6. Truly, Maddly, Deeply by Saveage Garden
- 5. Luv U Better by Ll Cool J
- 4. All I Have by Jennifer Lopez F. Cool J
- 3. All I Have To Give by Backstreet Boys
- 2. Don't Change by Musiq
- 1. All My Life by K-ci And Jojo
Most Of These Songs Are Love Song But There My Favorative. Some Are Me And Boyfriend's Songs Too. Josh I Love U Baby.
- 10. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-lot
this is just too bootyful to leave off. Everyone loves it! even tho its rap...good innovation.
- 9. Freak on a Leash by Korn
It rocks. The vid is deep. Meh?
- 8. Enter Sandman by Mettalica
ITS AWESOME! Like...my old choir teacher used to play it on his bass and everyone would gather round for a hear.
- 7. The Poets by The Tragically Hip
How can you not love this song?
- 6. New Orleans is Sinking by The Tragically Hip
I LOVE IT!
- 5. Bullet with Butterfly wings by Smashing Pumpkins
Its their only good song...yet rocks
- 4. Yellow Ledbedder by Pearl Jam
Its weird and I love it.
- 3. Temptation by The Tea Party
This just kicks bum. It rocks, and its sexy.
- 2. Heaven Coming Down by The Tea Party
You just hear Jeff's vocal range and you're like...damn!
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Its just #1 dammit!
Tea Party is the most talented group BY FAR on any of the lists on this page...i only put nirvana at #1 cuz they started the revolution. Anyone with rap or pop or cher or celine dion on their list is CRAZY! Celine dion! wtf are you guys on...crack? ~Megan
By: Ezequiel From Spain
- 10. 1979 by Smasing Pumpkins
- 9. Some Might Say by Oasis
- 8. The Hero Of The Day by Metallica
- 7. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
- 6. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
- 5. Subterranean Homesick Alien by Radiohead
- 4. Man On The Moon by Rem
- 3. Don't Stop by Stone Roses
- 2. Creep by Radiohead
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
I could have mentioned 200 more songs, so I could set 20 top ten. But I can mention bands like: Coldplay, Travis, the Charlatans, Ocean Colour Scene, System of a down, Creed, Nirvana, The Cramberries, Los planetas, Amaral, The Smiths, Crash test Dummies, G�mez, Suede....
- 10. Ultrasound by Flood Lit World
everybody should own this song
- 9. Stereophonics by Not Up To You
- 8. E-bow The Letter by Rem
listen and you will know
- 7. The Boy With The Arab Strap by Belle And Sebastian
- 6. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Where Did You Sleep Last Night by Nirvana
only done live and not theres but who cares
- 4. Rocks by Primal Scream
- 3. Protection by Massive Attack
- 2. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
- 1. A Design For Life by Manic Street Preachers
being british gives a slightly different perspective on things. britpop ruled, the manics, radiohead and primal scream, massive attack, beastie boys,prodigy all rule and this must be realised
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book