What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Smoke Two Joints by Sublime
Bradley Nowell is the Holy Ghost.
- 9. Love Rollercoaster by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
One of the greatest cover songs ever.
- 8. Do The Evolution by Pearl Jam
Great job, for their first video.
- 7. Song 2 by Blur
Can anyone remember the lyrics to this song?
- 6. Machinehead by Bush
Gavin Rossdale is Jesus
- 5. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Kurt Kobain is God
- 4. When I Come Around by Green Day
The most underrated GD song in history.
- 3. My Own Worst Enemy by Lit
Best bowling video ever.
- 2. Buddy Holly by Weezer
Best "Happy Days" episode ever.
- 1. The Wrong Way by Sublime
Best song about an underage hooker ever!
These are the words of a pop culture junkie, wanna-be filmmaker who has nothing better to do with his life than make movies and play Playstation.
- 10. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot
Just one of those songs...
- 9. Quit Playin Games With My Heart by Backstreet Boys
Gotta give these guys some credit - this song started the whole boy band revolution.
- 8. When I Come Around by Green Day
One of the greatest bands of the 90's, still awesome today.
- 7. Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
Great tune and catchy lyrics make a good song.
- 6. Alanis Morresette by You Outta Know
When you think about it, she really rocked the 90's with so many chart toppers.
- 5. Dave Matthews Band by Crash Into Me
Definitely one of his best songs.
- 4. Tubthumping by Chumbawamba
What ever happened to these guys - one hell of a one hit wonder.
- 3. Hold My Hand by Hootie & the Blowfish
These guys had SO MANY hits but I think this was their most successful.
- 2. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
Great song - gets you goin inside.
- 1. Higher by Creed
No one payed attention when this song came out and then it blew up the radio - Creed Rocks!!
Honorable Mentions: Santana f/ Rob Thomas - Smoothe, Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get, Los Del Rio - The Macarena, Spin Doctors - Two Princes, Weezer - Buddy Holly, Fastball - The Way
- 10. I Saw The Sign by Ace Of Base
best song to sing ever! a pop sensation
- 9. My Heart Will Go On/titanic by Celine Dion
it may be sappy, but i love it
- 8. Gangsters Paradice by Coolio
again, classic rap
- 7. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
- 6. As Long As You Love Me by Backstreet Boys
ya so its a boy band, who cares its a good song, i love it
- 5. I Would Walk 500 Miles by Proclaimers
i like the beat
- 4. Billy Jean by Micheal Jackson
- 3. All My Life by Kci And Jo Jo
a sweet sucker song
- 2. Champagin Super Nova by Oasis
its so fun to sing, and it rules
- 1. Time Of Your Life by Green Day
The song for every memory, its awesome!
90s music was cool!
By: Andrew Hong
- 10. No Diggity by Blackstreet
Just a great song. Another Dre Collaboration.
- 9. Better Man by Pearl Jam
Here I was stuck with more choices: which Pearl Jam do I pick? (Alive, Even Flow, Jeremy, etc.) --this song is definetly the most catchy.
- 8. Enter Sandman by Metallica
Black Album. One of the greatest albums of all time. Enter Sandman -- the lead song on the album and the one that defined metal.
- 7. November Rain by Guns n Roses
Great tune, great music video -- at the peak of the the rock generation of the 90's.
- 6. Janie's Got A Gun by Aerosmith
This was a tough choice -- Crazy, Cryin, etc.... Janie's Got a Gun's just a great tune: one of my all time fav's.
- 5. Lightning Crashes by Live
Yeah ... this band has definetly fell off. But this song hit the heart harder than any other song in the 90s.
- 4. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
take me to the place I love
- 3. Killing Me Softly by The Fugees
Perhaps the greatest crew of the 90s. This song hit the airwaves (played a lot) and it never got old.
- 2. Gin n Juice by Dr. Dre
Dre. The innovator. I remember listening to "The Chronic" soooooooo much .... this is the song that put hip hop into the mainstream.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This song is the definitive song of the the 90s ... Nirvana put rock back on the map.
I'm not gonna lie -- this is the definitive list.
By: Chris Haines
- 10. Loser by Beck
Nobody could understand the lyrics of the chorus, but they loved it anyway.
- 9. Sneaker Pimps by 6 Underground
This song makes people want to have sex.
- 8. Everlong by Foo Fighters
I can't say anything about this one. Just listen to it.
- 7. Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz
This has produced more car accidents due to air guitar than any other song.
- 6. Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins
"Who wants honey? As long as there's some money." Billy Corgan sums up the music industry better than anyone ever has.
- 5. Santa Monica by Everclear
Don't know why I like it so much, but I do. Watch the world die.
- 4. Crush by Dave Matthews Band
One of my favorite bands, with more musical talent than the entire "Top 40" combined at any given time. There are so many great songs, including Ants Marching, Crash into Me and Tripping Billies. I chose Crush because whether live with the whole band, or done acoustically with Tim Reynolds, this song sounds so good.
- 3. Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Amazing song musically, but also one that helped bring the Chilis into the spotlight. Also some of the best bass in the 90's.
- 2. Even Flow by Pearl Jam
Great song to play loud.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nivana
Huge influence on the rest of the decade. Obviously th "best" song of the decade is pretty subjective, so I have not just chosen a song that I like, but one that is hard to dispute as being popular, influential and meaningfull.
By: Jeff Wilks
- 10. Down by 311
- 9. Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry
- 8. Lithium by Nirvana
- 7. Glycerine by Bush
- 6. Pardon me by Incubus
- 5. Evenflow by Pearl Jam
- 4. Dolphin's Cry by Live
- 3. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 2. Everlong by Foo Fighters
- 1. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 10. Waterfalls by TLC
OK, this HAS to be on here...I remember when it was the biggest deal ever, everyone thought it was the greatest song ever.
- 9. What is Love by Haddaway
Two words: Butabi Brothers. This song made NO sense to me whatsoever...but it still had a good beat!
- 8. Ironic by Alanis Morrissette
How could this not be on here...everybody in 5th grade knew all the words!
- 7. Secret by Madonna
I remember this song being EVERYWHERE in 3rd grade. "mmmhmmm/somethin's comin' over/mmmmhmmmm/somethin's comin' over meeeee/my baby's got a secret..." hee hee!
- 6. Just a Girl by No Doubt
How could I NOT put this one here?!
- 5. The Impression That I Get by Mighty Mighty Bosstones
hmmmm...I seem to be big on songs from 95, 96, and 97...but that's when music was all good to me! This song really reminds me of the big ska movement then...goood times, goooood times.
- 4. Mo Money Mo Problems by Puff Daddy and the Family
Way back when P. Diddy was still Puffy...reminds me of all the parties/dances in my area from 1997-2000...
- 3. Where It's At by Beck
I STILL love this song, especially the video. I had a huge crush on him in 6th grade (hee hee!)
- 2. Fantasy by Mariah Carey
SO many memories of fourth grade. Every girl in my class/Girl Scout troop knew all the words to that song, and some even had the album (I was one of them!)
- 1. Barbie Girl by Aqua
This was THE song when I was in middle school...I still know all the words, six years later...hee hee!
These aren't in any particular order-order I thought of them, I guess, but no real ranking
- 10. Doo Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill
Good song, good song
- 9. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Mmmm....the taste of delicious rebelliousness....
- 8. Fight For Your Right by Beastie Boys
gotta give 'em props....
- 7. Quit Playin' Games (With My Heart) by Backstreet Boys
So they aren't the best....but this song needs to be on this list.
- 6. Every Morning by Sugar Ray
Yep, another Sugar Ray song---sorry! They just made a lot of the best 90's songs.
- 5. You Make Me Feel Like... by Uncle Sam
I can't really think of anything else to say about these songs....
- 4. Undone (The Sweater Song) by Weezer
- 3. Fly by Sugar Ray
This song brings back the best memories...
- 2. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
I'm am almost absolutely sure this was made in the 90s....forgive me if I am wrong
- 1. The Way by Fastball
Remember that song? It was awesome...classic 90s
i....don't really have anything else to say....
- 10. One More Minute by Authority Zero
- 9. Up All Night by Unwritten Law
- 8. Secret by No Use For A Name
- 7. Twelve Year Circus by Good Riddance
- 6. Different People by No Doubt
- 5. Sucks To Be You by The Expendables
- 4. Ayo by Andre Nickatina
- 3. Id Rather Be With You by Bootsy Collins
- 2. No One Knows by The Queens Of The Stone Age
- 1. If This World Were Mine by Slightly Stupid
- 10. Step Back In Time by Kylie Minogue
Rather cheesy song from the Pop Princess, pure 90's!!
- 9. Shola Ama by You Might Need Somebody
Cover of Randy Crawford's song, excellent vocals.
- 8. Janet Jackon by Best Things In Life Are Free
I think this is 90's (just). Dancy duet with Luther Vandross.
- 7. Prodigy by No Good
Not normally into heavy music, but the Prodigy were cult in the 90's, so have to be mentioned I think.
- 6. Eurythmics by Revival
1991 - A good 'pick me up' tune from a great band.
- 5. All That She Wants by Ace Of Base
Swedish band quite bit in Europe in the early 90's
- 4. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
A bit country I know, but still a great tune.
- 3. Sleeping Sattelites by Tasmin Archer
A British artist, not much exposure elsewhere, but still a top 10 to me.
- 2. Ironic by Alanis Morrissette
From Alanis' debut album 'Jagged Little Pill.'
- 1. You Got The Love by The Source Ft. Candi Staton
To me this is a classic 90's tune, it has been remixed more times than any song I know.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book