What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Good Riddance(time Of Your Life) by Green Day
this song takes me back to the summer of 99.
- 9. Goo Goo Dolls by Sympathy
not really 90's but really great song
- 8. Wrong Way by Sublime
what i always end up doing
- 7. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
perfect love song
- 6. The Kids Ain't Alright by The Offspring
this is exactly what i feel about kids theses days
- 5. Tonight, Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins
this song always reminds me of the 90's
- 4. Dammited I Changed Again by The Offspring
this song tells you exactly what happens to me everyday
- 3. Santeria by Sublime
i think sublime would have been really good right now if breadly never died. Bradley Nowell your greatly missed
- 2. When I Come Around by Green Day
really great song from a really great band.
- 1. Alli Want by The Offspring
best song of the 90's.Dexter holland is in my opinon the best artist ever!!!
I would have put pearl jam, but they only want the top 10.
By: Adrien Brody
- 10. Big Me by Foo Fighters
Dave Grohl rocks!!!!
- 9. Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'connor
Very moving song
- 8. Faith by George Michael
George Michael is great with or without Wham!
- 7. All Apologies by Nirvana
Nirvana should appear on everyone's list of the greatest songs in the 90s.
- 6. I Love The Way You Love Me by Boyzone
Great vocal performance by Ronan Keating, very romantic lyrics too.
- 5. Name by Goo Goo Dolls
Very poetic lyrics.
- 4. High And Dry by Radiohead
Great performance by Thom Yorke
- 3. Creep by Radiohead
My favorite band, favorite song.
- 2. November Rain by Guns 'n Roses
Great video. Too bad Axl Rose and Stephanie Seymour didn't end up together. They looked great together.
- 1. Everything I Do, I Do It For You by Bryan Adams
One of the best love songs of all times
Other great songs from the 90s: Most songs on Blur's Great Escape, The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony, Gin Blossom's Till I Hear it from You, Foo Fighter's Everlong
- 10. Cumbersome by Seven Mary Three
Too bad they didn't release any more music - this song rocks!
- 9. Jane Says by Jane's Addiction
If you listened to music in the 90's.....and you had any taste....you probably loved this song!
- 8. Push by Matchbox 20
There is just something about this song....
- 7. Regulate by Warren G
A 90's rap anthem....makes me think of cruising and summer nights...
- 6. Sunday by Cranberries
Her voice sounds so beautiful..this is such a fun little song...totally reminds me of the 90's..
- 5. Don't Stand So Close to Me by Sting
Hmmmm.....just listen to the lyrics......
- 4. Possum Kingdom by Toadies
This song just rocks - totally 90's
- 3. Black by Pearl Jam
This is by far their best song - it's beautiful
- 2. Crush by Dave Matthews Band
Once again..just listen to the lyrics...his voice and the sultry music...it's the best sex you've ever had all wrapped up in a song...
- 1. Say Goodbye by Dave Matthews Band
The lyrics say it all - then you add Dave's sexy voice.....
There was soo much good music in the 90's! Ten songs are tough!
By: James Goodhind
- 10. Genie In A Bottle by Cristine Aguilera
- 9. Saturday Night by Whigfield
- 8. Design For Life by Manic Street Preachers
- 7. My Favourite Game by The Cardigans
- 6. Erase And Rewind by The Cardigans
- 5. Faster by Republica
- 4. Paraniod Android by Garbage
- 3. Don't Speak by No Doubt
- 2. No Limit by 2-unlimited
- 1. Protection by Massive attack
By: Kovacs Arpad
- 10. Enter Sandman by Metallica
A powerful song with a frightening video (because it was played by MTV when I was around 10.
- 9. Informer by Snow
I'm not a fan of rap music, but this white man just knew his job.
- 8. 74-75 by The Connels
It may have been a one hit wonder,but that one remained a 90s classic in my view.
- 7. Word Up by Gun
The best cover version of the 90s. Cameo's hit gained a new form and resulted in a massive rock song.
- 6. Stay (faraway, So Close) by U2
Great ballad from the greatest rock band. Not their biggest success, but an evergreen to me from their Zooropa album.
- 5. Crazy by Seal
'But I'm never gonna survive unless I put this track into my chart'.
- 4. Baby, Baby by Amy Grant
Beautiful lady, joyful song and a smily video. Just too good to be missed.
- 3. Layla (unplugged) by Eric Clapton
This new interpretation of a 70s rock classic into a fine, melancholic tune by Mr.'Slowhand' is a brilliant achievement and an unforgettable MTV unplugged performance.
- 2. There's Nothing Like This by Omar
This acid jazz song is just perfect as it is. I don't know why it didn't receive its well-deserved attention. One of the best in 1991.
- 1. Without A Trace by Soul Asylum
Well, this great rock band hit the charts with the famous 'runaway train', but for me this song sounds even better.My favorite band of the 90s.
- 10. King Nothing by Metallica
I liked this song.
- 9. Big Time Sensuality by Bjork
She's got a nice voice. :)
- 8. Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
hahahaha. what a terrible song...so 90's.
- 7. We Like to Party by Venga Boys
This song was droned into my head at clubs and parties.
- 6. Do For Love by 2pac
Fantastic song, one of his best in my opinion.
- 5. Regulators by Warren G
Phat at the time, it still is. Mad funk.
- 4. Around the World by Daft Punk
Anytime at the club was fun with this song playing.
- 3. Sober by Tool
The most original hard rockers ever. Their videos kick ass. If you don't like Tool, then you don't like metal.
- 2. Liar by Rollins Band
The song that made Henry Rollins more known then ever.
- 1. The Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails
The perfect song, anger and sadness all rolled into one.
Please note that these are not my favourite songs, but are songs that remind me of the 90's.
By: Cynthia Mendez
- 10. This Is Hardcore by Pulp
wow this song is one thing : raw gender sexiness
- 9. 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins
wow how could you miss the 90's and miss the smashing pumpkins... no more zwan well they aren't that bad but i miss the smashing pumkins
- 8. My Favorite Mistake by Sheryl Crow
her early stuff is so amazing she needs to stop doing songs with kid rock, she shouldn't taint herself like that.. it's not cute sheryl
- 7. Glory Box by Portishead
this song is on the "stealing beauty" soundtrack and I swear it makes you want to just drop everything get a hot chick or guy and make love to them to this sexy beat.
- 6. Come Undone by Duran Duran
they were considered by some a cheesy band but they had some amazing, meaningful and beautiful songs and this is one of their best!
- 5. Nirvana Unplugged New York by Nirvana
the whole DAMN CD WAS AMAZING... ONE OF THE BANDS THAT DEFINED THE GENERATION
- 4. Alive by Pearl Jam
One of my favorite groups in the whole wide world..Nothing like an eddie vedder croaning.."heeeeeeeeeee haaaaaa haaaaaaa i'm still alive"
- 3. Black Whole Sun by Soundgarden
ok who doesn't love this song... i remember they used to play it in the chelsea movie theater before the trailers
- 2. Sister by The Nixons
This song reminds me of long island when I was a child. It's very melodic.
- 1. Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley
A beautiful song that belonged to someone that didn't get enough reconnition. It's a great break up song without the sappiness.
This isn't even half the list but is only a bit, 90's had great music and i miss it . ONe thing though you can't miss jane's addiction, they were an amazing man , and perry ferrell is somehow in an erie way sexy! email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you like my list.
- 10. When I Come Around by Green Day
This is my favorite Green Day song. I have no idea why I like it so much, but I am obsessed with this song. If I hear it on the radio, I can under no circumstances change the station and will harm any person that tries to.
- 9. Don't Dream it's Over by Crowded House
I like this song cause it gets stuck in your head easily without getting annoying after a few days. The lyrics are pretty cool too.
- 8. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
It's one of the greatest us vs. them songs in the world. Plus it's got a great guitar part.
- 7. If I am by Nine Days
This song never got much radio play, but it really should have. It's also on my list of all time favorite songs. It's just touching and still cool. Not real sappy.
- 6. The Cranberries by How
I heard this song in the movie "Empire Records" and it just hit me as an awesome song. It's easy to relate to.
- 5. Bush by Mouth
God, this song rocks. I mean literally rocks.
- 4. Nirvana by Come As You Are
I don't know why, but I like this better than "Smells like Teen Spirit." I like the lyrics. They're sincere.
- 3. Free Falling by Tom Petty
You have to give this song it's due. I mean it just makes you feel good.
- 2. Hey Jealousy by The Gin Blossoms
This is probably one of my all time favorite songs just cause it hurts to listen to it. Any song that can cause a physical reaction is incredible. Plus it's just so real that you can feel it.
- 1. Where the Streets Have No Name by U2
It was a toss-up between this and "With or Without You" but you can blare this song and feel really great about it. It's just a song that gets in your blood.
It's a weird arrangement, especially coming from a girl I know. I tried to get some chick rock in there that I thought was good and I almost did put Fiona Apple in there for "Criminal". I don't know. Anyway, feel free to blast me if you don't agree. And if you do, you can compliment me on my excellent taste. lol.
- 10. Proteck Ya Neck / M.e.t.h.o.d by Wu Tang Clan
- 9. Heart Shape Box / All Apologies by Nirvana
- 8. When I Come Around/ Waiting by Green Day
- 7. November Rain/civil War by Guns & Roses
- 6. Swallow/let The Cable Sleep by Bush
- 5. Nuthin' But A G Thing/ Lil' Ghetto Boy by Dr. Dre
- 4. Gin And Juice/ What's My Name by Snoop Doggy Dogg
- 3. Creep/plush by Stone Temple Pilot
- 2. Jeremy/elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small by Pearl Jam
- 1. First Of The Month/shots To Da Double Glocks by Bone Thugs N Harmony
By: Jerry Shaw
- 10. Everything Falls Apart by Dogs Eye View
great voice catchty tune
- 9. Nuting But A G Thing by Dr Dre And Snoop Dogg
pioneers of rap
- 8. Hunger Strike by Temple Of The Dog
godd song two great singers
- 7. Bulls On Parade by Rage Against The Machine
this one really gets me going!
- 6. Santa Monica by Everclear
good song girl in the video is so hot!!!
- 5. This Is How We Do It by Montel Jordan
again reminds me of some real high points in my life
- 4. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
very good song!
- 3. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
great melody good song
- 2. Shampagne Supernova by Oasis
great lyrics rocks out and reminds me of some good times
- 1. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
where did all the good music go??? what happened at the new millenium?
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book