What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Sal Stefanelli
- 10. Who Am I by Twista, Timbaland
- 9. I Dont Give A Fuck by Lil Jon
- 8. Drow In The Wind by Trick Daddy
- 7. Buck Bounce by Eightball, MJD
- 6. MC Ren by Ruthless For Life
- 5. In Between Us by Nas, Scarface
- 4. St. Lunatics by Here We Come
- 3. Nas by Got Yourself A Gun
- 2. Still D.R.E by Dr. Dre, Snoop Dog
- 1. Superman by Eminem
These Are The Best 10 Songs Alive, And If You Dont Agree Or Like Any Of These, You Can Lick My Big Hairy Itlaian Choda.
- 10. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Comment on this song? No need to!
- 9. Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis
An underrated song. Most people say Wonderwall is the best... But I disagree... IMO this is Oasis' best song.
- 8. Three Libras by A Perfect Circle
A depressing song but yet fans cry out that this is the band's best performance.
- 7. Jesus, I - Mary Star Of The Sea by Zwan
You know this band... Billy Corgan and others from Smashing Pumpkins formed this new kick ass group... If you're really depressed or just plain pissed off... This fucking song will make you break something... They get very VERY LOUD in this song!!!
- 6. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
It will take you to another dimension!
- 5. Cardboard Believer by Full Devil Jacket
This song is really sad and depressing... Full Devil Jacket was considered a one-hit-wonder... And THIS was their final song ever. This song will make most people cry...
- 4. Hands Off The Wheel by Oleander
This song really makes you wanna push your car to the limit. A lot of powerful emotions in this song.
- 3. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Some people don't understand this song... But if you listen real hard you'll understand... Rumor has it... Singer Billy Corgan wrote this song when he was high and drunk as hell. And he made it into a song and ppl loved it!
- 2. Heart In The Hand of The Matter by And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
The lyrics are dark... The piano makes the song darker... The ending is really really spectacular!!! There's better music out there than the limp bizkit/korn crap you hear everyday!
- 1. Only In Dreams by Weezer
The greatest guitar-duel I've EVER heard. The lyrics are powerful when he shouts, "Only In Dreaaaamsss!!!". At about the 5 minute mark until the very end... The song can touch your heart.
By: Sami Lehtinen
- 10. Nirvana by Old Age
- 9. Nirvana by In Bloom
when i got away from the army...
- 8. Rape Me by Nirvana
- 7. Fall In Black Days by Sondgarden
- 6. Inside by Stiltskin
Too bad they made it in to a commersial... :P
- 5. Immortality by Pearl Jam
Just after Kobain's suicide.
- 4. Six Pack by Black Flag
Kurt Cobain mentioned Black Flag in an interview...that made me to listen to the "old" 80's bands and discover LA Punk! And Black Flag. And Love & Rockets, where Maggie & Hopey sing "Six Pack"!
- 3. Spoonman by Soundgarden
The "Spoonman" hair couldn't get you inside any clubs.
- 2. Lounge Act by Nirvana
So many moments in so many clubs.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
My friend called me on the phne. "Have you seen the new video on MTV?" ME: "NO! MTV sucks!" Friend: "Just watch" ...and so. The 90's were born.
- 10. Sleight Of Hand by Pearl Jam
most people will wonder whether this song really makes it to the top ten list. I have cried to this song. the music, the lyrics , the guitars haunt me like ghosts. But i am addicted to them can't lose them now!
- 9. Frogs by Alice In Chains
7am on a tuesday in August...next week i turn twenty eight. I am still young it'll ge great. Off the walls i scrape. I got away. SHow me you're unafraid. DOn't f*** me with me again
- 8. All Along The Watchtower by Bob Dylan
How can anyone not have this man on his/her list. The definition of protest songwriting. Rock on Bob rock on
- 7. Maria by Rage Against The Machine
This song gives me goosebumps every time i listen to it Tim Morello's guitar is haunting. The lyrics are fabulous. You can picturize how Nike and JC penney have been treating their labour actually slaves.
- 6. Across The Universe by The Beatles
Many have tried to copy and have failed. The Beatles still do the best rendition of this dreamy song.
- 5. El Macho by Mark Knopfler
One of the most underrated and one of the greatest
- 4. Satan's Bed by Pearl Jam
Have to include at least one wicked song...already in love.
- 3. Annie Dog by Smashing Pumpkins
Billy thinks he's the greatest and he's right
- 2. Shine by Depeche Mode
Put on a blindfold and a dress that's tight??
- 1. Betterman by Pearl Jam
This is one awfully good song. I sing at the top of my voice. Vitalogy is also my absolute favourite PJ album
I am a ardent grunge fan from India. I would have liked to include alice in chains
- 10. Zombie by The Cranberries
- 9. Oasis by Up In The Sky
- 8. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 7. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
- 6. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 5. Losing My Religion by R.e.m.
- 4. Street Spirit (fade Out) by Radiohead
- 3. Spies by Coldplay
does the year 2000 counts in the 90s?
- 2. Lucky by Radiohead
- 1. Let Down by Radiohead
- 10. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
- 9. Loser by Beck
- 8. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
- 7. Mr Jones by Counting Crows
- 6. I Cant' Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt
or Something to Talk About
- 5. I Said Hey? (what's Going On) by 4 Non Blondes
- 4. Everybody Hurts by REM
- 3. Waterfalls by TLC
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 1. Lighting Crashes by Live
I'm looking at this list as the songs I remember the best. I wouldnt say they were my favorite songs.
- 10. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
just plain good
- 9. Where Is Everybody by Nine Inch Nails
great beat and lyrics.
- 8. Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine
- 7. Lithium Or Heart-shaped Box by Nirvana
one of my favorite bands
- 6. Swallowed Or Mouth by Bush
i would probably prefer swallowed over mouth
- 5. Aeriels by System Of A Down
- 4. Beautiful Disaster by 311
- 3. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
i know a lot of ppl have this but it IS awesome
- 2. Lightning Crashes by Live
great lyrical song
- 1. What I've Got by Sublime
... im in awe.
By: Campo E Cortes T
- 10. Hero Of The Day by Metallica
- 9. Zombie by The Cranberries
- 8. Blood Runs Coold by Def Leppad
- 7. Black Or White by Michael Jackson
- 6. More Than Words by Extreme
- 5. Noting Else Mathers by Metallica
- 4. Stranged by Guns And Roses
- 3. Solo by Ekhimosis
- 2. Aqui No Es Asi by Caifanes
- 1. November Rain by Guns And Roses
- 10. Loser by Beck
Get crazy with the cheese whiz!
- 9. Nixons by Sister
I can listen to this song over and over....reminds me of my brother
- 8. Mmm, Mmm, Mmm, Mmm And Afternoons And Coffeespoons by Crash Test Dummies
What a voice!
- 7. Anything off Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins
Great album, great impact
- 6. Wave of Mutilation by Pixies
Who can forget the movie "Heathers?"
- 5. Life is a Highway by Tom Cochran
Great driving song
- 4. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
More college frat parties....
- 3. Alive by Pearl Jam
- 2. Black by Pearl Jam
Summer of my senior year of HS....great memories
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Goes without saying....
I was so into grunge in the 90's. Honorable mentions are anything off the Single's Soundtrack, Sabatoge by Beastie Boys, Enter Sandman by Metallica, Birdhouse in My Soul by TMBG, I could go on forever and forever!!
- 10. Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
- 9. Inside Out by Eve 6
- 8. Shimmer by Fuel
- 7. World I Know by Collective Soul
- 6. Who Will Save Your Soul by Jewel
- 5. Just a Girl by No Doubt
- 4. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 3. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 2. Song #2 by Blur
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book