What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Barely Breathing by Duncan Sheik
i don't know who i'm kidding imagining you care. <--genius! i LOVE this song..haha and i sadly just figured out who sang it the other day..
- 9. Freshmen by The Verve
summer, top down, this blaring..singing along with my sister..*memories*
- 8. Criminal by Fiona Apple
major ownage from this song..
- 7. Mary Jane by Alanis Morissette
please be honest mary jane--are you happy? please, don't censor your tears
- 6. Pieces of You by Jewel
great message, great cd..great artist
- 5. Big Big World by Emilia
i used to listen to this song full blast with headphones, and sing along..am i the only one that remembers this song?
- 4. All For You by Sister Hazel
haha a song i shared with my "boyfriend" in 5th grade..how cute
- 3. Absolutley (Story of a Girl) by 9 Days
sweet song, used to love it!
- 2. Inside Out by Eve 6
tie me to the bed post..
- 1. I'll Be by Edwin McCain
By: Fritz Masterson
- 10. Ice, Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
- 9. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
- 8. Gin Blossoms by Hey Jealousy
- 7. No Rain by Blind Mellon
- 6. More Than Words by Extreme
- 5. Runaway Train by Soul Assylum
- 4. To Be With You by Mr. Big
- 3. What I Got by Sublime
he's got lovin' and groove
- 2. Jessie by Joshua Kadison
You can sell any dream to me
- 1. Semi-charmed Life by 3rd Eye Blind
Pumps me up and don't you need something else?
By: Raymond Adame
- 10. Nobody by Warren G
- 9. Smoke Two Joints by S.p.m.
- 8. Cocktails by Too $hoort
- 7. Bodyrock by Bone Thugs N Harmony
- 6. Mo Murder by Bone Thugs N Harmony
- 5. Mr. Ouiji by Bone Thugs N Harmony
- 4. Xstacy by Bone Thugs N Harmony
reminds me of my homeboy tony g thats locked up in tyc
- 3. Aint Nothin But A G Thang Babt by Snoop Dogg
- 2. Regulaters by Warren G
- 1. Bone Bone Bone by Bone Thugs N Harmony
its a bad ass fucken song and it reminds me of my homeboyz
- 10. Smooth by Rob Thomas\ Carlos Santana
- 9. Time Of Your Life by Green Day
- 8. You Outta Know by Alanis Morissette
- 7. Chocolate Salty Balls by Chef
- 6. One Week by Barenaked Ladies
- 5. Freak On A Leash by Korn
- 4. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-lot
- 3. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
- 2. You Cant Touch This by M.c.hammer
- 1. Push by Matchbox20
the best song ever!!!!! what is everyone's problem with matchbox 20???
By: Shannan Schwartz
- 10. In A Week Or 2 by Diamond Rio
- 9. Too Busy Being In Love by Doug Stone
- 8. Where You From? by Trick Daddy
- 7. Red Red Wine by Ub40
- 6. Next To Be With You by Mr. Big
- 5. Goodbye by Jagged Edge
- 4. Without You by Jagged Edge
- 3. Feels So Good by Xscape
- 2. Crazy by Kci And Jo Jo
- 1. Gotta Be by Jagged Edge
- 10. 36 Degrees by Placebo
Beautiful when angry and just begging to be identified with, it turned the few people that heard it into instant fans.
- 9. Dead From The Wasist Down by Catatonia
Slow moving, string heavy song celebrating peace, sunshine, down to earth people and making love. All at once. A confusing idea of contradictory lyrics tuned into a joyous summertime pop song.
- 8. Cream by Prince Feat. The Npg
Ultra addictive collection of guitar hooks and sexual euphamisms. Prince had spent the 80's redefining what was acceptable by the mainstream, and a brief look at the 90's shows us that almost anything was now acceptable.
- 7. Summertime by The Sundays
Pop perfection and a voice to die for, this song sounded 30 years out of date and left its listeners strangely optimistic, itself an out of date emotion of the 90's. A refreshing change.
- 6. Creep by Radiohead
Radiohead's only global hit may have been a misleading introduction to the band, however everybody who heard it was in awe. One of the few songs to sound anywhere near as powerful as Smells Like Teen Spirit from a band who weren't trying to sound like Nirvana was everybody else was.
- 5. Don't Go Away by Oasis
Hidden on a deservedly underperforming followup album, Don't Go Away is one man's nakedly honest assessment of his life. It's message was mirrorred by many: young people had been depressed for long enough and were starting to take a brave look at their own lives... and, in time, perhaps even move on.
- 4. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Kids were no longer in fear of expressing themselves after Billy Corgan declared himself to the world. While this song came late in their career, 1979 reached perhaps their biggest audience and was their most fondly remembered song by non-fans.
- 3. Epic by Faith No More
Faith No More heralded a new form of music: one that couldn't be easially identified. Radio stations didn't know how to introduce them, and record companies didn't know how to market them, but the kids listened as FNM were one of the few new sounds at the time. Epic is one of their most turbo-charged and in-ya-face songs you just couldn't ignore.
- 2. Protection by Massive Attack Feat. Traci Thorn
While the chill-out grooves of Blue Lines had barely stoped playing since Massive Attack's first album took new wave clubbers by storm, their perhaps best song was still ahead of them. Teaming up with Everything But The Girl's Traci Thorn, Protection was a relaxed song of laid-back beats and loops with vocals that gently lapped at your ears like waves at the sand on a calm day. Soothing.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Single-handedly destroyed a range of musically dead genres left over from the 80's and made their peers pull their asses into gear.
Comments on the songs to email@example.com
By: Jason Tolich
- 10. Bassline by Bleach
This songs bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 9. Gsf by Mxpx
Guys single forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 8. Pxpx by Mxpx
This is the best
- 7. Punk Rawk Show by Mxpx
Lets all go to the punk rawk show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 6. My Mistake by Mxpx
It was jimmy's mistake
- 5. Teenage Palotics by Mxpx
Its all to cunfusing
- 4. Engage by Pax 217
- 3. Charals Incharge by Relientk
Hes incharge of everything
- 2. K Car by Relient K
- 1. Take Off Your Pants And Jacket by Blink 182
We all need to
By: Colin Macisaac
- 10. Ahead By A Century by The Tragically Hip
- 9. Circles by Soul Coughing
- 8. So Much To Say by Dave Matthews Band
- 7. Fiddler's Green by The Tragically Hip
- 6. Blues Traveler by Pretty Angry
- 5. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town by Pearl Jam
- 4. Forever Is Tomorrow Is Today by David Gray
- 3. Pig by Dave Matthews Band
- 2. Beat Me by Custom
THE second best.. wouldn't expect it i bet
- 1. Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band
THE best ;)
Did this way too fast..
By: Desmond Prins
- 10. Party Up by DMX
my fav rap song
- 9. Toxicity by System of a Down
fav song in this genre
- 8. Santeria by Sublime
sublime is a super-cool band
- 7. Seven Nation Army by White Stripes
I knoww this a new song but its great
- 6. Don't Worry, Be happy by Bob Marley
- 5. Paranoid by Black Sabbath
- 4. I,d Love To Change The World by Ten Years After
best song if your baked.killa tune, a must hear
- 3. Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard
anotha sweet tune
- 2. Poison by Alice Cooper
Not too popular but a sweet tune
- 1. Self Esteem by Offspring
awesome song. when i first heard it was an amazing song
hmm.. theres so many good tunes. basically anything by sublime, bob marley, ACDC, Guns and Roses
- 10. Better Days (and The Bottom Drops Out) by Citizen King
Fun song, funny song. its cool :)
- 9. Run Around by Blues Traveler
This is another fun song :) i really like singing the " hollywood's calling for the movie rights saying ((shouts at top of lungs)) BABY LETS KEEP IN TOUCH!!" part. its fun.
- 8. Hangin' Around by Counting Crows
This is a fun song :)
- 7. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
The part about the beat-up truck is really cool... so is the rest of the song. and the part about Cinderella is cool to!! its just an awesome song, man!!
- 6. Roll To Me by Del Amitri
Awesome song. Need i say more?
- 5. Broadway by Goo Goo Dolls
The Goos are like, one of my absolute favorite bands, thanks to this song. ITS SO AWESOME!!! I always liked the part about the Loser's Day Parade, too. great song!
- 4. All For You by Sister Hazel
This is just a really fun song. it's enjoyable, it's happy, it's AWESOME!!
- 3. Real World by Matchbox 20
What more can I say. its awesome, its funny, its cool! Rob Thomas is so amazing!! I always thought that part about the rain in the boxes with the yellow tags was cool too.
- 2. One Week by Barenaked Ladies
CHICKITY CHINA THE CHINESE CHIKEN!!! man, that is a genious line there. (haha) Awesome, awesome, awesome song!!! its just so much fun and so funny! its great!
- 1. Semi Charmed Life by 3rd Eye Blind
the DOO DOO DOOs!!! I LOVE the DOO DOO DOOs!!!! its great!! its so awesome!! DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO!!!!! oh, by the way, the rest of the song is great, too.
okay, it was REALLY hard to pick 10 songs so i have to put just a FEW more here just cuz they all TIED with the other 10!!!! okay...
"What it's like" Everlast; "Breakfast at Tiffanys" Deep Blue Something; "Inside out" Eve 6; "ill be there for you" rembrandts; "My Own Worst Enemy" Lit; "slide" Goo Goo Dolls; "Lullby" Shawn mullens (on spell check his name comes up "spawn mullets"); "the impression that i get" MightY MIghty bosstones; "Only wanna be with you" Hootie/Blowfish; "good riddence" Green Day....
okay, i'm sorry, i lied. thats more than a FEW others, but i cant help that there is so many good 90's songs! and thats not all of them... just the few i've narrowed it down to, and believe me it was hard to narrow it down to just this many! YAY!
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book