What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Roddors and clemi
- 10. Under the bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Good and Good, and i mean good!
- 9. Creep by Radiohead
He's barely competent but he likes it.
- 8. '74,'75 by The Connells
He was the one who let her know
- 7. Goddess On the Highway by Mecury Rev
- 6. I don't what to miss a thing by Aerosmith
- 5. Song2 by Blur
- 4. Nancy Boy by Placebo
- 3. Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana
- 2. Driftwood by Travis
- 1. Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
uh hu uh hu, thats the way, uh hu uh hu, i like it, uh hu uh hu.
- 10. bug a boo by destinys child
i like this song because guys are always chaseing afterme and it gets sicking
- 9. love is blind by eve
it shows how cruel some men can be to there wife or girlfrind by beating themm
- 8. smells like teen spirt by nirvana
it is just such a cool and catchy song
- 7. kryptonite by 3 doors down
it is so easy to get that song stuck in your head and it is a funny video
- 6. rollin by limp bizkit
fred durst is hott and i love the dance to the course
- 5. brendas got a baby by 2-pac
this song shows what really gose on in this world and it is no joke and the video is kinda sad how the girl throughs the baby in the trash and it shows how cruel some people are taking thier own babys life
- 4. back that ass up by juvenile
you can dance a lot to this and juvenile is hott
- 3. stan by eminem
eminem is hott hot and it shows how obsssed some fans can get and it has a good rythem to it
- 2. this i promise you by nsync
because i luv that song nad it is me and my bf song
- 1. country grammer by nelly
that song you can really dance to and you get excited to dance to it
there are a lot of other good songs but i liek these ones probably the most
By: Christopher Mendez
- 10. Say Goodbye by Dave Matthews Band
- 9. Fly From Heaven by Toad The Wet Sprocket
- 8. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 7. Pocket Full Of Kryptonite by Spin Doctors
- 6. Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Rebecca by Pat Mcgee Band
- 4. Waste Away by Vertical Horizon
- 3. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Pepper
- 2. Round Here by Counting Crows
- 1. Losing My Religion by REM
Just my opinion.
By: Matt Antonishak
- 10. Tubthumping by Chumbawumba
Such a crazy part song, one hit wonder, and overplayed annoyance of the decade! It attracted the gen Xers who thought they were like us. The radio stations were run by Xers too so they overplayed it. It was a travesty but it won't go quietly. Just like the 90's.
- 9. To Defy the Laws of Tradition by Primus
Good bass guitar, as to be expected from Primus. The lyrics, in addition, are perfect. Extremly straight forward and profound.
- 8. Black Balloon by Goo Goo Dolls
Although this song was overplayed by the radio, I still think that it has some weight. Nice guitar.
- 7. Stitches by Orgy
My one friend in Pittsburgh liked this song a lot during my senior year! It has a great tune, great lyrics, but it fell close to being overplayed by the radio.
- 6. Stumbleine by Smashing Pumpkins
Such a great song! It can be interpreted in so many ways.
- 5. Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails
I remember this song from the "Lost Highway" album. Cheap movie but good soundtrack.
- 4. Glycerine by Bush
Excelent song! Simple with powerful lyrics.
- 3. All Over You by Live
Beautiful song that represents, in my opinion, the dying of the Piscean Age. Water being beaten down and abused. A lot of metaphorical reference in a few repeated lyrics.
- 2. Here is No Why by Smashing Pumpkins
I feel that the lyrics are extremely symbolic of all the teen anger and problems which seemd to be the driving force behind the crawl of 90's music. As such a prevalant issue, it was no wonder that many songs of the mid 90's had a depressing mood behind the rock front.
- 1. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
Although it's not thier greatest, if it wasn't for this song, the music of my generation would have passed me by. Thank you Billy and thank you Freshman year bus driver for letting us listen to the radio on the way home. :)
These songs were probably the most memorable of my mid-90's high school days.
By: Brendan Decker
- 10. Bouncin' Round the Room by Phish
I am not a "Phish-head", nor do I claim to be. However, I really like this song for some reason...
- 9. King of Beers by Too Much Joy
A great "drinking song". And soooo true. Plus, the band actually pushed their tour bus off of a cliff (the picture was taken for the jacket cover of their album, "Mutiny". I can respect that!
- 8. Loser by Beck
It is the most popular tune on the album, "Mellow Gold". Although, my favorite song on the album is the Truck Driver Song.
- 7. Lift Your Head Up (High and Blow Your Brains Out) by The Bloodhound Gang
The album is a 90's classic.
- 6. Come Out and Play by The Offspring
I listened to this song quite a bit during the summer of '94. That summer, I partyed with the hottest Ohio State girls I have ever known. If only I could re-live that summer over and over and over...
- 5. When I Come Around by Green Day
This song always chokes me up when I listen to it. It always seemed to be played at "The Mall" in Hartford during a Whalers game (along with Brass Bonanza, of course!). Unfortunately, the Whalers never did come around. Sad...sad...sad...
- 4. Cult of Personality by Living Colour
They Even sound good live!
- 3. Innocent Child by Big Audio Dynamite (II)
This song may go on record as "cheez", but I liked it.
- 2. The Waiting Room by Fugazi
Spent many a road trips to Boston pounding this out on the 'ol car stereo...
- 1. Laid by James
I may be pushing the envelope here, however this is a great song, and I still cannot figure out the lyrics at the end.
Here are my top 10. I hope all of these are 90's songs. I realize that most of the bands mentioned above were around in the 80's, however the songs are my memories of the 90's, so in my opinion they count...
- 10. California love by 2Pac Shakur
- 9. Remember the time by Michael Jackson
Really cool video!
- 8. Zucchero & Paul Young by Senza una donna
- 7. Under the bridge by Red hot chili peppers
- 6. Ironic by Alanis Morissette
- 5. Wannabe by Spice Girls
- 4. I will always love you by Whitney Houston
The best voice of the decade captured at its peak. Goosebumps every time!
- 3. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 2. One by U2
The best piece of pop-lyric ever written!
- 1. Vogue by Madonna
The queen of innovation (among other things) does it again.
I intentionally excluded names like Blackbox, Paula Abdul, Snap, Michael Bolton, Ace of base, Aerosmith, Nirvana and more, and I'm not sorry. The Verve, REM and Mariah Carey are hereby mentioned as strong candidates, but they did not quite make it. (I'm sorry).
By: Art Vandaleigh
- 10. When World Collide by Powerman 5000
This is what you mosh to in 90's. Are you ready?
- 9. The Freshmen by Verve Pipe
Suicide, Depression and having to take responsiblity too young, encompasses the deeper side of the 90's
- 8. Real World by Matchbox 20
We all asked in the 90's for the real world to hassling us, but Matchbox 20 made a great tune out of it
- 7. Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crash Test Dummies
We are all different and have secrets. This song takes you back to the summer of 95
- 6. Dammit by Blink-182
A song about growing up and moving on, charished by anyone who grew up in this era
- 5. The Impression That I Get by Mighty Mighty Bosstones
The Bosstones are about the many different bands of the 90's, and this song rocked in a different way.
- 4. Crash by Dave Matthews
An incredble and original display of art. Makes us all see deep within ourselves
- 3. Right Here Right Now by Van Halen
A great message about not waiting, envelopes the now policy of the decade
- 2. Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit
No one rocked quite like this late 90's song.
- 1. Free Fallin by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
Who dind't get lost in this song. This is what the 90's was sopposed to be like.
There are so many great songs that didn't make my cut. This is so hard to do.
By: Jeremy Short
- 10. Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Always guaranteed a huge hit at any party, barmitzvah, dance, prom or whatever. No matter what religion you are.
- 9. Higher by Creed
See comment on With Arms Wide Open, without without the string accompiniament part.
- 8. With Arms Wide Open by Creed
The version with string accompiniament is on it's way to becoming the #1`radio played song of all time. Seriously. Can you name one day you haven't heard this song more than once on the damn radio?
- 7. Come As You Are by Nirvana
Great, great, great, great, bass line.
- 6. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
You can't say you don't like this one either.
- 5. Tie: Knockin' On Heaven's Door, The Unforgiven II by Guns N' Roses, Metallica
KOHD-The single greatest Bob Dylan cover. Ever. TUII-Perhaps the greatest Metallica song. Ever. Barring Fade To Black.
- 4. Nothin' But a G' Thang by Dr. Dre + Snoop Dogg
The song that broke the west/east coast rap barrier, on perhaps the single greatest hip hop album of all time
- 3. November Rain by Guns N' Roses
Epic. Classic. You can't say you don't like this one either.
- 2. Thunderstruck by AC/DC
Really brings out the feel of AC/DC, one of the greatest hard rock bands of all time
- 1. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
You can't say you don't like it.
By: Nick 'Fernando' O'Mahoney
- 10. Green Day by Basketcase
A classic track of the 90's? Defintly
- 9. Super Furry Animals by Fire in My Heart
A somewhat unknown song but in my eyes a powerful song with somed-up my feelings to a girl close to me
- 8. David Gray by Babylon
Babylon being David's greatest song, if you haven't heard of this, ust download it & try to tell me you don't like it.. I dare you!
- 7. Everclear by Wonderful
Not sure if this was released in the 90's, but I feel it should be entered, amazing, powerful song from the US
- 6. Manic Street Preachers by A Design For Life
The Manics, what more can you say. Design for Life them at their greatest.
- 5. Verve by Bitter Sweet Symphony
Verve defintly made their mark for me in the 90's. Though they were short-lived. The songs they left for us were amazing, therefore I chose this one basically because its a classic.
- 4. Nirvana by Lithium
Many people would say 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' is the greatest song & a few years ago I would of agreed, but after hearing 'Lithium' I was blown away. In my eyes Nirvana's greatest song.
- 3. Green Day by Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Obviously the greatest Green Day song so far. Basically the soundtrack to your life.
- 2. Everlong by Foo Fighters
The best song by the Fighter's of Foo. One of those songs that grow on you & after a certain time you have to agree this is one of the best sings of the 90's
- 1. Adam's Song by Blink 182
Not been released as a single here in the UK, but if and when it's released It will defintly get to the number one spot. It's one of those songs you can play over and over again & always find it powerful
I tried to mix the bands from both sides of the Atlantic, but being a fan of american rock, there's no surprise my top three are all from the US.
- 10. Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
No one will believe that I put this on there!
- 9. No Scrubs by TLC
- 8. Wishes by Out Of The Grey
This song is by a Christian duo in which the 2 people in it are married to each other. I like the message in the song. It says in the chorus "But I would let these wishes blow, push them all aside, If there was 1 thing I could know for sure, Tell me that when this life is over, I will see you there, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HEAVEN'S DOOR." Plus, this song is just good musically and it brings back alot of memories for me.
- 7. One Way Ticket (because I can) by leAnn Rimes
I think this song is just fun to listen to.
- 6. I Try by Macy Gray
The best good-bye song.
- 5. Allstar by smashmouth
I know ALL the words to this song.
- 4. Higher by Creed
- 3. Baby Baby by amy grant
The best party song
- 2. Man! I Feel Like A Woman by Shania Twain
This is the best girl power song.
- 1. The Right Stuff by New Kids On The Block
Every time I hear this one, I have flashbacks of my early childhood.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book