What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Slade Griffin
- 10. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 9. Tubthumping by Chumbawamba
- 8. Time of Your Life by Green Day
- 7. Jump Around by House of Pain
- 6. I Don't Want to Miss A Thing by Aerosmith
- 5. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 4. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
- 3. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 2. Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
- 1. Everybody is Free to Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrman
Came out in 1997. Started as a graduation speech written by a Chicago columnist, Mary Schmich.This song was one of the most profoundly outspoken songs of all time.Though it didn't recieve as much publicity as it should've it was recorded on the "Something For Everybody" CD...Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine.
- 10. Losing California by Sloan
Ah, bless Canadian artists, getting airplay nowhere else ... but remember to get into yourself in dark sunglasses.
- 9. Wonderwall by Oasis
The genius in all of this is that everyone can relate to this solid song. Everyone has thought that there is one person that could save them, only to have it end disastrously.
- 8. Santeria by Sublime
More Sublime, but God damnit, it's fucking worth it.
- 7. El Scorcho by Weezer
Yes, Pinkerton bombed, but God damnit, if anyone had bothered listening to El Scorcho it wouldn't have.
- 6. One Week by Barenaked Ladies
Nothing needs to be said.
- 5. Brick by Ben Folds Five
Blah blah adult contemporary I know :D
- 4. Praise You by Fatboy Slim
Holy f*ck just the video is worth it
- 3. Building a Mystery by Sarah McLaughlin
Haha, I know I'm coming off as one of those adult contemporary types, which is so unlike me, but really ... another excellent song.
- 2. Crash by Dave Matthews Band
Anyone with half a heart could love this song the first time around ... yes, it's sappy, but damnit, it's so good!
- 1. What I Got by Sublime
The lyrics speak for themselves ... lovin' is what I've got ...
- 10. Minority by Green Day
this song is just solid, and a testament to all that greenday is and represents
- 9. Amy Hit The Atmosphere by Counting Crows
heir best song, and a great song to listen to on a rainy day
- 8. Chop Suey by System Of A Down
my "angry song" and a prime example of the future of metal
- 7. Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band
dave's best work to date... can he top it? probably not
- 6. If Yor Not The One by Daniel Beddingfeild
this one has sentimental reasons, (yeah a girl, go ahead and laugh)
- 5. Jesus Freak by Dc Talk
an all time classic, never gets old, and never will - DC talks best
- 4. Always On My Mind by Phantom Planet
anything on their album, the guest, is sweet, but this one is the most memorable for me... one of the most underrated bands out there right now (GET THEIR MUSIC YOU FOOLS)
- 3. Island In The Sun by Weezer
i couldnt decide on this one, because weezer has so many sweet songs, but island in the sun is probably the one that will stand the test of time more than any other by them
- 2. Swing Swing by The All American Rejects
just an incredible, incredible song... your star is almost as good, but not quite.
- 1. Big Machine by Goo Goo Dolls
i only chose this because there was no real way for me to bring myself to choose a true best song.
- 10. Ready Or Not by Fugees
- 9. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
- 8. Freedom by Matchbox20
- 7. Hemorrage by Fuel
- 6. Cryptonite by Three Doors Down
- 5. Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Hold Me, Kill Me by U2
- 4. Wake Up by Rage Against The Machine
- 3. Hail Mary by 2pac Shakur
- 2. Machine Head by Bush
- 1. Higher by Creed
By: Shininh Star
- 10. Open Arms by Journey
- 9. Don't Speak by No Doubt
- 8. I Need To Know by Marc Anthony
- 7. Narcotic by Liquido
- 6. I Don't Wanna Missing Thing by Aerosmith
- 5. Chop Suey! by System Of A Down
I know that it's not a 90s song but I like it very much!!
- 4. Shining Star by Backstrret Boys
- 3. No Speech by Guano Apes
- 2. Stan by Eminem Ft. Dido
"My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why..."
- 1. More Than Words by Extreme
"Saying I love you is not the words want to hear from you..."
- 10. Clown by Korn
- 9. Spiders by System Of A Down
- 8. Wait And Bleed by Slipknot
- 7. Superbeast by Rob Zombie
- 6. The Dope Show by Manson
- 5. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 4. Freak On A Leash by Korn
- 3. Behind The Grey by Paradise Lost
- 2. The Great Below by Nin
- 1. Shoots And Ladders by Korn
can't deny that!
The end of the 90's brought a new era of rock music that's gonna pound it's way to god's ears in style.
- 10. I Would Do Anything For Love by Meatloaf
i don't know the title of a song exactly...:)...oops
- 9. Desert Rose by Sting
- 8. Rythm Of My Heart by Rod Steward
- 7. The Dark Caress by My Dying Bride
- 6. What Is Love by Haddaway
Maybe it's not of my type, but it's good song anyway:)
- 5. Angel by The Kelly Family
very beautiful song:)
- 4. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
- 3. Long Hard Road Out Of Hell by Marilyn Manson
- 2. Opium by Moonspell
- 1. Unforgiven II by Metallica
I just love it!
I just want to say that we all have to live, not only just to exist...the show must go on...love u
- 10. Notorious Thugs by Bone Thugs
- 9. Crossroads by Bone Thugs
- 8. Look Into My Eyes by Bone Thugs
- 7. Changes by 2pac
- 6. Y'all Dont Wanna by Cnn (noreaga N Capone)
- 5. Juicy by Notorious Big
- 4. Dead Wrong by Notorious Big
- 3. Boys N Tha Hood by Nwa
- 2. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
- 1. Mothafuckin G's by Nwa
- 10. Since I Don't Have You by Guns And Roses
again romantic music rules
- 9. My Friends by Red Hot Chili Pepers
- 8. Fire by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Fucking Kick Ass
- 7. Breathe by Prodigy
good beats, good rhytm heck you might say that this is a Hard rock song but is techno
- 6. Welcome To The Jungle by Guns And Roses
don't ask, it has lyrics and music that are inspired by God
- 5. Sex And Candy by Marcy Playground
romantic music KICK ASS
- 4. Good Riddance by Green Day
kick ass lyrics heck this a song that is punk and romantic
- 3. Loser by Beck
Funky and psychodelic
- 2. Killer Queen by Queen
- 1. Garden Of Eden by Guns And Roses
this song sounds like nirvana, but 1000 times better
this are my favorite bands' I love rock and techno music because they do have talent, not like rap bands thats why i say FUCK rap Fuck every single Rapper
- 10. Waters Edge by Seven Mary three
- 9. Shimmer by Fuel
- 8. Memory Remains by Mettalica
- 7. Come As You Are by NIrvana
- 6. Around the World by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 5. Man In The Box by ALice in Chains
- 4. Alive by Pearl Jam
Classic and raw
- 3. Everlong by Foo Fighters
I would think i was the first to put Dave grohl as a singer over him as a drummer but i just cant get over this song
- 2. Black Hole Sun by Sound Garden
Amazing! the solo is something special in this song and the clip is whacked.
- 1. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
The most Underated song in the history of 90s rock is at my paek of the countdown for its pure power and rythm. The changes are phenominal.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book