What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. You Learn by Alanis Morrisette
great song. great lyrics. great singer.��!!
- 9. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm by Crash Test Dummies
great song... it is a really good song.. don't miss it, hear it.
- 8. Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage
a song that makes you feel really good or depressed.. depends on your perspective... good band
- 7. Animal Instinct by The Cranberries
this is another hymn of this band.. you can breath an animal spirit in this song... I love this song�!!
- 6. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
one of my favorite bands with a song that can make you feel really good... cool song��!!
- 5. No More I Love Us' by Annie Lennox
this woaman is a really good musician, this is a really good song.
- 4. My Favoite Game by The Cardigans
a really good song... of this really good band.
- 3. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
i can be listening this song all day long��!! It has a really nostalgic spirit.
- 2. Trouble by Coldplay
this is a really good song... this one can not be missed in your list of favorites
- 1. Zombie by The Cranberries
this band really rocks��!!,, these irish have songs that can be hymns like this one... in your head in your head... zombie, this one has an anti-war spirit.
This songs rocks���!!!
By: Autumn Johnson
- 10. Celebrity Skin by Hole
its a god awful song but i gotta give props to c.l. she has fckd a LOT of talent.... reznor...Corgan....t. ramirez...g. rosdale... e.norton... and kurt... c'mon i gotta name her just becuase she gives power to the part about being a chick is about!
- 9. Never Is A Promise by Fiona Apple
1 of three girl singers that i can actually get in to and that is a complement... a great one.
- 8. Beautiful People by Manson
damn i know im so cliche but c'mon the "aaahhhh" part in the chorus just kicks ass.
- 7. Back That Azz Up by Juvenille
im a "rock" chick all the way but c'mon who can deny the power that is this beat? it makes an other wise rythem-less girl party
- 6. Creep by Radiohead
by now everyone's thinking by god she has some great taste but i like this most recognizable radiohead song because it isnt to fckn pansy as most of their stuff plus its sweet.
- 5. Tonight by Smashing Pumkins
hey first sp song i ever heard.... corgan is just so talented i cant say more.
- 4. Aenima by Tool
first tool song i ever heard.... tidal waves= ;o)
- 3. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
as cliche as it is to be in my top 10 songs.. without its major popularity i would of never heard of NIN.. and wouldnt be the psycho fan i am today. i mean i was like in elem school when they were pop.... so i had to fall on the greatness of his one major radio hit.
- 2. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
hey its weird but it made a comeback with wayne's world.
- 1. Hurt? Terrible Lie? Heresay?~too Many Nin To Say by Nine Inch Nails
its so fckn awesome... what can i say. like many before me have said trent=god.
it was late when i did this im prob forgetting like my fav song .... so whatevr.... props to alanis.. forgot her... uh... weezer... damn im too tired to go on
- 10. The Neden Game by Insane Clown Posse
Had to throw some ICP in here for all my fellow Juggalos!
- 9. Prison Sex by Tool
All of Tool's work rules, but this spot goes to Prison Sex
- 8. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
No contest, hands down, the best Pumpkins song ever
- 7. Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band
It's beautiful, I think I'm gonna cry, excuse me for a moment
- 6. Wonderwall by Oasis
I'm not being biased toward Oasis, it's just that they happen to have two of the best songs of all time, imho
- 5. Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
Another great NIN classic from The Downward Spiral
- 4. Creep by Radiohead
Words cannot describe it, just listen.....
- 3. Opiate by Tool
Not Tools most famous, but most definately their best
- 2. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
Come on, you know this song rules
- 1. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
This song just never ceases to amaze me
This was hard and i i'm sure i left out better songs , but you gotta admit the ones i listed to do kick ass
- 10. Wonderwall by Oasis
I can't believe this song was written by one of the Gallagher brothers.
- 9. Don't Call Me Daughter by Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam will always be one of the best bands.
- 8. Loser by Beck
It defined a generation.
- 7. MmmBop by Hanson
I come out completely and admit it. I was OBSESSED with Hanson.
- 6. Roll To Me by Del Amitri
This song puts me in a happy mood =)
- 5. Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters
Foo Fighters were so different from Nirvana, but still good =)
- 4. Black Hole Sun by Sound Garden
The video was awesome, the song was awesome.
- 3. Basket Case by Green Day
Catchy but meaningful. Green Day may be a sell out, but they still rock.
- 2. Ironic by Alanis Morisette
This is her best song. She's amazing.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Something new, completely different. NIRVANA ROCKED!!! (and still does)
I was born 3 years before the start of the 90s. I don't remember much of the early part, but I still love the different genres. The Grunge Scene to the Dance to the Brit Pop to the Country to the Hip Hop to the Boy Bands to the Lilith Fair singer/songwriters to the Teen Idols to the Sensitive Males to the Pop Rock...it was all so awesome.
- 10. Bulls On Parade by Rage Against The Machine
- 9. Outshined by Soundgarden
- 8. Would? by Alice In Chains
- 7. November Rain by Guns N' Roses
- 6. Unforgiven by Metallica
- 5. Self Esteem by Offspring
- 4. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 3. Alive by Pearl Jam
ten, without a doubt, ranks as the best album of the 90s.
- 2. Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
i'm ranking this ahead of rage, so you know it has to be good.
- 10. Sabotage by Beastie Boys
A great song by the Beasties they also had other good ones like Intergalactic and Sure Shot but I liked this one...
- 9. My Hero by Foo Fighters
This song is isnt really one of my favorites but it sure as hell should go in te top 10....
- 8. Aint Nuthin But A G Thang by Dr Dre
This song might have changed hardcore rap as we know it....its been a classic rap song for a while and Snoop Dogg makes his famous debut...
- 7. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Their only good hit I think they have in the 90's....might as well give them a top ten song...
- 6. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
They had a lotof good songs in the 90's, and I mean a lot but I think this one stands out because Anthony Kiedis really uses his vocals in this one and it sounds good with the rest of the music they play....
- 5. California Love by Tupac
I love this song...and I love California so it makes sense to put this song on the top 10...and it didnt do so bad on Billboard Charts.....
- 4. Machinehead by Bush
Very underrated band who play alternative music similar to Nirvana but not quite....they are very talented and have a few other good songs....
- 3. Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine
I think this is the best song in my opinion because it has such rage in it, it feels good listening to it loud....and they redefine thrash music...very unique band....Tom Morello is the guitarist of the future and Zack is the communist/voice of the future....
- 2. Warren G by Regulators
Another underrated person who came out with a huge hit in the mid 90's.....such a good song...he has others but this one is amazing...good melody....
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Well what can I say, I saw this song becoming no matter what...it redefined Rock music and had a great time at number 1 for a while....RIP Kurt Cobain
- 10. Love Fool by The Cardigans
A twirky little swedish pop band nobody had heard of sprang onto the U.S. pop scene with this video, and I was obsessed with the song for a short period of time which caused me to spend 20 dollars on the cd for one song (Love Fool) which I deeply regret doing now. lol.
- 9. Like a Prayer by Madonna
Surprised I havent seen this on anyone's list yet. I love the song. Excellent, button pushing video, this is what Madonna is all about.
- 8. Bitch by Meredith Brooks
She's a one-hit wonder, but you gotta love the song.
- 7. Black or White by Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson is the best recording artist ever. If anyone would beg to differ please E-mail me (adress provided above) and I will tell you why he is the best.
- 6. Ray of Light by Madonna
This album brought a new, better madonna in my opinion into the world. Long live madonna!
- 5. My Heart will go on by Celine Dion
I love the end of this song. It doesnt get much better
- 4. Don't Speak by No Doubt
I love this song! Great Beat, excellent lyrics. Makes u think about the song, and what it really means.
- 3. Groove is in the Heart by Deee-Lite
"Your groove I do deeply dig..."
- 2. Vogue by Madonna
Heard the song/vid. on VH1's jumpstart for the first time and loved it.
- 1. Scream by Michael and Janet Jackson
Do I really have to say anything? Pure excellence.
Michael Jackson is the best, people think that oh ya he molested kids thats sick. Well first of all, innocent till proven guilty you low minded people. Read your legal documents, you'll see. NO EVIDENCE, this is what tics me, they say he did it, when it was just some kid wanting his money. How could someone do something to such a great person who has given millions to charities helping childern in poverty around the world. He's a kid in a 43 year old body people. Give the guy a chance.
- 10. That Don't Impress Me Much by Shania Twain
I always loved Shania!
- 9. Freak on a Leash by KORN
My first hardcore song! It rocked!
- 8. Crash by Dave Matthews Band
- 7. How's It Gonna Be by Third-Eye Blind
Yay! This is for Ben Ahn!
- 6. Estoy Aqui by Shakira
I LOVE SHAKI! This was before she came to the U.S, but still!
- 5. What I Got by Sublime
What can I say!? They rocked!
- 4. Peaches by Pres. of the U.S.A.
Movin to the country....gonna eat me a lot of peaches!
- 3. Mambo #5 by Lou Bega
I remember being 12 years old and loving this song!
- 2. Baby, One More Time by Britney Spears
Hit me baby one more time!
- 1. Summertime by Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff
YAY FOT THE FRESH PRINCE!
By: Tyler Navoichick
- 10. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumkins
- 9. Lithium by Nirvana
- 8. Flag Pole Sitta by Harvey Danger
- 7. Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine
- 6. Brick by Ben Folds Five
- 5. Creep by Radiohead
- 4. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 3. Sleep Now In The Fire by Rage Against The Machine
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Aneurysm by Nirvana
The 90's was the best time for music. It destroyed the disgusting 80's and created something beautiful. These are in no particular order at all, its just a starting list of all the ammazing music that came from the 90's.
By: Jeison Blanco
- 10. Rage Against the Machine by Renegades of Funk
I know that this isn't their best song, but it is very worthy of mention because of the nature of the song, a political statement and the band pays homage to those who had made changes in music and in life...great song.
- 9. Enter Sandman by Metallica
Practically introduced Metallica to the rest of America...this heavy metal tune put metallica on the map and is the reason for their huge success of their "Black" album
- 8. Song 2 by Blur
One of the fastest, hardest songs ever...it's now played at stadiums, in movies, everything...it will never get old
- 7. Adam's Song by Blink-182
More of a pop tune, but the pop-punk trio outdid themselves with this song about (or not) suicide...the song has powerful lyrics and was a welcome change from the BSBs and NSYNCs around at that time.
- 6. Sabotage by Beastie Boys
They are pioneers of good music- good lyrics along with good instrumentals...they kept going strong after they exploded in the 80's
- 5. Wonderwall by Oasis
Not a huge fan of Oasis, but this is truly one of the best songs I've ever heard. Everything just flows magnificently.
- 4. Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
Before Billy Corgan shaved his head and went "Hollywood" this song is a great represntation of who they are.
- 3. Pardon Me by Incubus
One of their older songs but still gets heavy airplay and the accoustic version just might be better than the original.
- 2. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
I could have put many Radiohead songs on here, but this one helped them push themselves into the mainstream...OK Computer was pure genius!
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Defined the 90's and reminded people what real music sounded like. Teenage angst couldn't have been defined any clearer.Kurt Cobain, great songwriter.
There are tons of songs that could have replaced any of the ones on my list except for the top 2. Nirvana gave the rock world a serious wake up call and Radiohead is still one of the best bands out there.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book