What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Pepper by The Butthole Surfers
It's just good
- 9. Teenage Guide To Popularity by Nada Surf
i only just rediscovered it
- 8. Every You Every Me by Placebo
sneaker pimps remix rocks
- 7. Good Riddance ( Time Of Your Life) by Green Day
somehting different from them
- 6. No Rain by Blind Melon
way before it's time
- 5. Pacifier by Shihad/ Pacifier
Spine Chilling... great new zealand band
- 4. Teenage Angst by Placebo
early stuff but still great
- 3. Crucify by Tori Amos
Download it now!!
- 2. Pure Morning by Placebo
I love placebo!
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
How did you guess?
- 10. White Room by Alisha's Attic
Off the Alisha Rules the world album. The best song on the album, in my opion.
- 9. The Drugs Don't Work by The Verve
I love this song, i love the verve. Enough said.
- 8. Slow Like Honey by Fiona Apple
The first song I heard by her, its magical.
- 7. Disco 2000 by Pulp
Its pulp, need i say anymore?
- 6. Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquia
Everytime this comes on my foot starts tapping, then my head goes, and before i know it i'm in the middle of the dance floor john travolta style. I hate dancing so anything that can make me dance surly deserves number 6?
- 5. Block Rockin Beats by Chemical Brothers
In the 90's the chemical brothers could do know wrong!
- 4. Female Of The Species by Space
I defy anyone not to like this song. Its great.
- 3. Elizabeth On The Bathroom by Eels
I love the eels. The rythmic beat, melodic chilled guitars, and his scrachy voice over the top its amazing. They just keep getting better!
- 2. El Scorchio by Weezer
I once walked through my home town (a bit tipsy) singing this at the top of my voice, it's been in my top 10 ever since! Its off the pinkerton album, the whole album is ace!!!!
- 1. Stero by Pavement
This song isnt the best pavement song. I don't think i could pick a single great pavement song, it depends what your listening to. But this is the first song I heard by Pavement, the opening line is 'pigs tend to wiggle when they walk' and my best friend brought me the ablum just cause. So i think it deservedly gets a place at number 1!
By: Edward Oliver
- 10. When You Say Nothing At All by Ronan Keating
It was when he reinvented himself as solo artist getting rid of Boyzone and the 1990's.And then the 2000's dawned with Ronans new looks and short hair.
- 9. All I Wana Do by Sheryl Crow
Sheryl Crow was a true fit brid and gret perfomer of that time and I use to like her and her songs.
- 8. My Heart Will Go On by Celino Dion
Titanic was a good film and I loved this song what ballad this was.
- 7. Changes by 2pac
Pac got stuck in between the eastocast/westcoast rivalry and was gunned on Friday the 13th of September but this song reminds you of the legend.
- 6. Nothing Compares by Sinnead O'connor
This song reminds of my birth because I can remember hearing this on a tv advert about 10 years ago and it was out the year I was born 1990.
- 5. Wonderwall by Oasis
This was there best ever song from there mid 90's heyday when the band were on top and were the best rock band of that time with megahits.
- 4. I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy
It was for the notorious B.I.G the best eascoast hip hopper of the 90's easily and Puffy remade stings early 80's classic and made this a masterpiece.
- 3. Ordinary World by Duran Duran
Despite dominating the 1980's they were still good during in the 1990's and are still going now.
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Nirvana were a Grunge 90's mega group and it was awful that Kurt killed himself after bringing Grunge from the ashes.
- 1. Angels by Robbie Williams
I loved this song it was a truly inspiring pop hit and made me feel at the time things they had never felt before.
The 90's was a swale decade and was ended with all the bands dying. Robbie who was rthe 1990's supergroup take that has found big sucess in the new decade and perfoemd live at Knebworth and that is for the rock icons and he is one.
By: Richard Robbins
- 10. The Real Slim Shady by Eminem
Also a very famous song
- 9. All-Star by Smash Mouth
The most popular song of the 90s
- 8. Smooth by Carlos Santana Featuring Rob Thomas
Definately deserved its place on the top 10 countdown for almost the entire year.
- 7. Everything by Vertical Horizon
No wonder it was in the run with All-Star for #1 song at one time.
- 6. Amish Paradise by "Weird Al" Yankovic
Hilarious, much better than the original. Take that Coolio!
- 5. Rockafeller Skank by Fatboy Slim
Not creative lyrics, but a weird song, in a good way.
- 4. One Week by Bare Naked Ladies
A funny song, and their best.
- 3. Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik by Outkast
By far the best hip-hop song of the 90s.
- 2. Walking On the Sun by Smash Mouth
By far smash mouths best song.
- 1. Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crash Test Dummies
A great song, you can listen to it over and over without getting bored of it.
- 10. Candlebox by Far Behind
- 9. Losing My Religion by REM
- 8. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 7. Loser by Beck
- 6. Crazy by Aerosmith
- 5. Lithium by Nirvana
- 4. Heaven Beside You by Alice in Chains
- 3. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 2. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- 1. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
DMB- Satellite; Pearl Jam- Jeremy; Green Day- Basket Case
- 10. Polly by Nirvana
- 9. Wind Of Change by Scorpions
- 8. Two Steps Behind by Def Leppard
- 7. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
- 6. The Misery by Sonata Arctica
- 5. Forever by Stratovarius
- 4. Lucky Man by Verve
- 3. Mornign Afteglow by Electrasy
- 2. Tender by Blur
- 1. Wathever by Oasis
By: Andrew Maxwell
- 10. California Uber Alles by The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphopracy
The best cover of all time. Dead Kennedys meets ice cube. What a rush -"...grab the mic n' go BOOM!"
- 9. Testify by Rage Against The Machine
A very good political song. Rock and politics are practically synonymous and this is a revolution in a beat.
- 8. Santeria by Sublime
What a beatifully understated song. The good reggae vibes just spill out of the speakers. See also "The General" by Dispatch.
- 7. Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana
Well, the video is really cool. The lyrics are typical deathly depressed Cobain stuff. Touche.
- 6. Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode
This is what it would sound like if the cantina band from Star Wars covered John Lee Hooker. Good show indeed. David Gahan rocks.
- 5. Fell On Black Days by Soundgarden
Gotta love the drop-D tuning. Maximum heaviosity! Plus, Chris Cornell is a very good vocalist.
- 4. Block Rockin' Beats by Chemical Brothers
This is like, the archetype for all electronic music made since. The Brothers really knew their shit.
- 3. Pyramid Song by Radiohead
Very creepy, chilling little number. The video is rather good. Thom Yorke's paranoia has never been greater.
- 2. Wish by Nine Inch Nails
This represents teenage angst much better than "Teen Spirit" ever did. "Don't think youre having all the fun - you knw me, I HATE EVERYONE!" Very heartfelt.
- 1. Stereo by Pavement
Very solid little kiss-off song - "HEY! LOOK AT ME NOW! I'M ON YOUR STEREO!" I've always thought it was quite good.
By: Fat Albert
- 10. Alive by Pearl Jam
great song, great message, great band, pearl jam is awsome.
- 9. Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
great song , from my account , the best of the smashing pumpkins.
- 8. Glycerine by Bush
awsome mix of melodic elements.
- 7. Rearranged by Limp Bizkit
limp bizkit, before it sucked.
- 6. Selling The Drama by Live
very good song , from a good band.
- 5. Everlong by Foo Fighters
great song , the video is cool.
- 4. Lady Picture Show by Stone Temple Pilots
great song , the best of the stone temple pilots.
- 3. In Bloom by Nirvana
awsome song , by one of the best bands of all time.
- 2. Misery by Soul Asylum
awsome lyrics, great band.
- 1. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
simply the best...
- 10. Where Its At by Beck
- 9. Crazy Mary by Pearl Jam
- 8. Misery by Soul Asylum
- 7. Sober by Tool
- 6. Lightning Will Crash by Live
- 5. Standing Outside A Broken... by Primitive Radio Gods
- 4. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
- 3. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley
- 2. Sweet Child of Mine by Guns n Roses
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Garbage- Queer Nirvania- Heart Shaped Box, Where Did You Sleep Last Night, Meat Puppets- Backwater, Alice in Chains- Nutshell, Every Guns Song on Record, Ani Difranco- Overlap, Shy, Both Hands Stone Temple Pilots- Wicked Garden, Gin Blossoms- Hey Jealousy, Goo Goo Dolls- Name, the list goes on...
- 10. Razorblade by Blue October
This band is highly underrated!!
- 9. Gimme One Reason by Tracy Chapman
gotta have the blues!!
- 8. Work It by Missy Elliott
Just love to dance to it!!
- 7. Thugz Mansion (acoustic) by 2pac And Nas
a realy great song!
- 6. My Immortal by Evanescence
this is just spine tingling!!
- 5. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
- 4. Stranded Or Damaged by Plumb
they are soul lifting!
- 3. You Know Your Right by Nirvana
Really really awesome!
- 2. Epiphany by Staind
there ya go!
- 1. Brackish Or Charlotte by Kittie
THE BEST BAND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a very eclectic person!
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book