What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Straight Ridah by 2pac
- 9. To Live And Die In L.a. by Makavelli
- 8. Runnin by Tupac Feat. Biggie
ya haf to listen
- 7. Thugs Mansion by 2pac
- 6. Notorious B.i.g. by Big Poppa
- 5. Tupac by Changes
tells the true story
- 4. Nothin But A G Thang by Snoop/dre
- 3. Biggie by Juicy
- 2. Makavelli by Hit-em-up
- 1. Me Against The World by 2pac
wanted to holla at pac cuz i diddnt hear him much in this
By: Tool /offspring Fan
- 10. Flood by Jars Of Clay
Screw Creed!..this is how you do christian rock!
- 9. The World I Know by Collective Soul
Such a good song
- 8. Aeroplane by Red Hot Chili Peppers
I hate Janes Addiction with a passion, but for this song Navarro was rocking...Its simply their best song.
- 7. Cemetary Gates by Pantera
It takes guts to deviate from one's normal musical style, it payed of big time for Pantera here.
- 6. Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
Hardest song ever from MR. Corgan and company, great lyrics and tremendous instrumentals.
- 5. Jesus To A Child/ Careless Whisper by George Michael
This man doesn't get the respect he deserves...these are two of the most amazing songs ever.
- 4. Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla
- 3. Amazed by The Offspring
A truly great song, from the greatest punk band of all time ..thats right i said it!
- 2. Pushit by Tool
What can I say?...and Epic..Tool is magical, Maynard's voice beutiful..it lends truth to any lyrics, and Danny Carey is one of the greatest drummers of all time. This song takes you on a journey.
- 1. Losing My Religion by Rem
Simply the greatest song of all time, so of course it's numer one of the 90's There is absolutely no song that has so much wide appeal, pop appeal, with rock greatness. I get goosebums listening to it.
You'll Notice I don't have any Nirvana. Lets face it Cobain couldn't sing, and their music wasn't timeless, it was a fad. Alice in Chains was a much better grunge band, and the loss of Layne was ten times the tragedy that Cobain's selfish act was. ....TOOL And Offspring are clearly the best 2 bands of the last 15 yrs. Honorable mention to the great Metallica
- 10. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 9. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
- 8. Breakfast at Tiffanys by Deep Blue Something
- 7. Higher Ground by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- 6. Waiting by Green Day
- 5. Peaches and Cream by Beck
- 4. Cannonball by Breeders
- 3. Sliver by Nirvana
- 2. Everlong by Foo Fighters
- 1. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
If you don't like my list, I don't care
- 10. 20th Century Boy by Placebo
90's cover of the 70's T-Rex song, featured in the glam-rock movie "Velvet Goldmine"
- 9. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
THE Grunge anthem - not so easy to sing along to, though. Don't know the lyrics? Just yell anything you want along with the tempo, and nobody would notice ;)
- 8. The Trick is to Keep Breathing by Garbage
love the song, and the album sleeve design too
- 7. Linger by The Cranberries
one of the Cranberries' first and best
- 6. Man On the Moon by R.E.M.
easy to sing along to...
- 5. All I Want by Toad the Wet Sprocket
not as fab as the others, but for sentimental reasons, this stays at #5
- 4. Why by Annie Lennox
the only mushy 90's 'ballad' I like
- 3. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
angst, angst, angst...
- 2. Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
- 1. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses? by U2
ZOO TV and those videowalls
others beyond 10: Oasis' "Champagne Supernova" and "Wonderwall" / Green Day's "When I Come Around" / Guns n' Roses' "November Rain" / INXS' "Not Enough Time" / Placebo's "Every You, Every Me"
- 10. It So Easy by Guns N Roses
- 9. 1 In A Million by Guns N Roses
- 8. Night Train by Guns N Roses
- 7. November Rain by Guns N Roses
- 6. Welcome To The Jungle by Guns N Roses
- 5. Civil War by Guns N Roses
- 4. Dont Cry by Guns N Roses
- 3. Sweet Child O Mine by Guns N Roses
- 2. Live N Let Die by Guns Nroses
- 1. Paradise City by Guns N Roses
Beat album appetite for destruction by guns n roses Best band Guns n Roses
- 10. Have You Ever? by Brandy
- 9. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
Can you tell that I like the Goo Goo Dolls??
- 8. Brian Mcknight by Back At One
- 7. Aerosmith by I Dont Wanna Miss A Thing
- 6. Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World
- 5. Basket Case by Green Day
- 4. Unwritten Law by Seeing Red
- 3. Name by Goo Goo Dolls
- 2. I'll Be by Edwin Mccain
- 1. Black Balloon by Goo Goo Dolls
- 10. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Haunting melody made this song one of the most popular of the decade.
- 9. Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band
Gotta love Dave and this jammin beat.
- 8. 500 Miles by The Proclaimers
Great, offbeat song that we all know the words to, by a smooth Scottish duo.
- 7. Semi-charmed Kind Of Life by Third Eye Blind
One of my favorite songs of all time, a great beat with deep lyrics. Gotta love a song that can pull off high-pitched "do do do's" 3EB was a 90s rock staple and they are continuing into the new millenium with their unique, listener friendly sound.
- 6. Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry
Gravely singing and an upbeat melody make this song one of my favorites.
- 5. Runaround by Blues Traveler
You all know this song with the funky harmonica playing. Brought a whole new dimension to 90s rock.
- 4. Inside Out by Eve 6
Some of the best lyrics ever written, but presented in an upbeat, funky rock beat.
- 3. Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
A radio hit of the mid 90s, when you think of 90s rock, you think of this song.
- 2. Wonderwall by Oasis
You can feel the emotion in this great acoustic melody. With a nod to "Champagne Supernova" I think this is Oasis' best song.
- 1. Closing Time by Semisonic
This is the perfect example of alt rock in the 90s. One of the all time greatest songs...
Props to these great bands: Nirvana, Collective Soul, Fastball, Counting Crows, The Presidents of the USA, Sister Hazel, The Gin Blossoms, Live, Matchbox 20, Blind Melon...this list goes on. I know I included mostly alt rock songs, but its hard to narrow the 90s music down into 10 songs. 90s rock was one of the greatest genres in music history. Thanks to all for posting songs that bring back such great memories.
By: Jeff Serwatowski
- 10. It's My Life by Bon Jovi
A hit out of nowhere that summoned the resurrection of one of the biggest bands of the 80's.... not to mention it was overplayed beyond comparison.
- 9. Wonderwall by Oasis
Nice good slow moody song...
- 8. Ruby Soho by Rancid
An MTV anthem in the mid-nineties, pushing the underground punk band into mainstream.
- 7. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Overall great song......
- 6. Guerilla Radio by Rage Against The Machine
After ten years of being a band, it was the last single to be released from the widely popular Battle of Los Angeles.
- 5. Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
One of the biggest rock bands first number 1 hit... congradulations guys.
- 4. You Outta Know by Alanis Morrisette
The ultimate song of the feminist movement, that was formed after "grunge" lead singers started it.
- 3. Good Riddance by Green Day
I am sure Billy Joe didn't anticipate writing the song that will forever be a graduation song.
- 2. Alive by Pearl Jam
A modern day "Satisfaction" if you will. Nirvana being the "bigger band" similar to the Beatles... while Pearl Jam having the hits similar to the Stones.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
As much as i would hate to admit it, it did set the standards for everything past 1991.
By: Pakbeng Merchant
- 10. Jungle Brother by Jungle Brothers
had to have a bit of old skool drum n bass for good measure
- 9. Naughty By Nature by Opp
- 8. Everybody Hurts by Rem
from one of best bands from the 90s
- 7. Concrete Schoolyard by Jurassic 5
- 6. Shook Ones by Mobb Deep
Best hip hop from 90s
- 5. Good Life by Inner City
quality old skool house
- 4. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Best band on 90s
- 3. Sleeping Satellite by Tasmin Archer
- 2. Set U Free by N-trance
ultimate song on a drunken night out
- 1. I Am The One And Only by Chesney Hawks
I know and i dont care..... hes a legend
By: Sunny D
- 10. Rape Me by Nirvana
what can i say i love Nirvana
- 9. Sliver by Nirvana
grandma take me home i want to be alone
- 8. Every Dog Has Its Day by Flogging Molly
i love this song
- 7. Gonna Be a Blackout Tonight by Dropkick Murphys
lets go Murphys
- 6. Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
people really dont understand this song, its not that great, Nirvana should be remember for much more then this song
- 5. Swap Meet by Nirvana
off bleach, personal favorite
- 4. Macy's Day Parade by Green Day
- 3. President of What? by Death Cab for Cutie
no one knows this song but its still great
- 2. Serve the Servants by Nirvana
Nirvana, need i say more
- 1. Dumb by Nirvana
nirvana changed the sound of the 90's without them who knows what the world would be like
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book