What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Another Lonely Day by Ben Harper
Great guitar,great lyrics,great voice
- 9. Sweet Dreams by Marylin Manson
this is the stuff only found in dreams!
- 8. Song 2 by Blur
Great rock song!
- 7. My Lover's Gone by Dido
don't know if it's from the 90's though
- 6. Bonedriven by Bush
the most under-rated song of all time, the violin it's amazing the mood is highly depressive it really touches me.
- 5. Call Me A Dog by Soundgarden
beautifull, but most of all the temple of the dog song's its the voice that really moves me,(awesome work by Chris)
- 4. Heart-shapped Box by Nirvana
I must warn you not to be near when i hear this one.
- 3. Rape Me by Nirvana
makes-me wanna trash every1!!!!
- 2. Bleeding Me by Metallica
the viollins on the s&m just kill me, it's the song i hear everytime i wanna get out from the feelings left with the 1st one.
- 1. Wash by Pearl Jam
powerful ballad!i hear it every time i'm sad and pretend to keep that way.
well I may forgot a few and i don't know if this is the right order,I apologise for choosing song almost from the same genre,since i listen a bit of all,cheers.Ps:sorry about my english
By: jack mehoff
- 10. No Rain by Blind Melon
Happy good going song that is comming back into the pop culture due to the help of the Pepsi commercial... goes good if you're with your girlfriend. If you're fortunate enough to have one that is.
- 9. Closing Time by Semi-Sonic
Growing up listening to shitty radio stations, this song stands out in my mind the most.
- 8. My Name Is by Eminem
The song that it going for the 2nd whigger. Let everybody know that "God sent him to piss the world off" and he did... one lifehood traumatizer at a time.
- 7. Miserable by Lit
What band, or song, could talk about cumming, then being complete, and being completely miserable? It's about the exact same process as the normal relationship. Guitar solo in the middle is one of the best solo's of the late 90's.
- 6. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
One of the most unforgetable guitar intro's, followed by laid back singing. A great song about bein addicted to everything and losin what you were once addicted to. Great song to space out to, or actually walk around the city you live in.
- 5. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away) Acoustic by Deftones
Not much for the lyrics, but what lyrics are can be interpreted more than one way. Great acoustic song for the 'Tones.
- 4. Brick by Ben Folds Five
The most noticable piano song of the 90's... but probably the least remembered title and band.
- 3. It's Been A While by Staind
Who cares what people say. Before it got over played, just like every other song, it was one of the best songs ever. Great progression on the power of the song.
- 2. Baby Got Back by Sir - Mix - A - Lot
If you've never rapped this on your own, or with a group of friends... you really needa pull your head outta your ass.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Most memorable chord intro *3 shitty ones but hey, it's Kurt* best tom tom roll *it's grohl, hell yes* easy bass line.. lyrics started the grunge scene.. and Kurts guitar singin for him did everything for you. Changed how everybody looked at music and lived... if Kurt were still alive today, i'm sure he'd still be attempting suicide for being so damn good.
I left out quite a bit, but these are songs that stand out in my head, and that mean a lot to me
By: Nathan Braun
- 10. Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey
I can't believe I'm putting her here, but it seems to me she beats out Green Day, Metallica, even Red Hot (and maybe Nirvana) and so on for this and related tracks from her Dreamlover album, the only good one she ever put out.
- 9. Stan by Eminem f. Dido
I don't like this song, but I have to say it makes the list - certainly more than Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit." If Nirvana makes the list, it is only with their cover "The Man Who Sold the World."
- 8. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
Smashing Pumpkins obviously figure somewhere on this list, and it's obviously from their best album Siamese Dream.
- 7. Next Plane Out by Celine Dion
If Celine Dion's going to make this list, it will have to be with this song.
- 6. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
I'm convinced this Stone Temple Pilots song is better than the other one mentioned....
- 5. Keep It in the Closet; the whole Dangerous alb by Michael Jackson
Not enough Michael Jackson in this list (these lists).
- 4. Closer by Nine Inch Nail
This song definitely has to qualify somewhere near the top.
- 3. No Rain by Blind Melon
I have to agree with ollie above, who has by far the best taste out of anyone else on this webpage...
- 2. Santeria by Sublime
Could someone please explain to me how this is not the 2nd best song?
- 1. Self Esteem / Come Out and Play by The Offspring
Could someone please tell me how this (or THESE) is (or ARE) NOT absolutely, automatically the #1 song(s) of the nineties?
I can't believe Creed makes this list for anyone. Red Hot Chili Peppers just wish they were The Offspring, or even Sublime. Ditto for Green Day, although we might be able to squeeze them in... "Losing My Religion" by REM is obviously an excellent choice; but why neglect "Shiny Happy People"? Rage Against.... don't really belong anywhere: they became Audioslave, and that's unforgiveable. Why are Korn, Limp Bizkit, even No Doubt here? (Their only good song was a cover: "Come On Eileen.") Madonna's "Rain" belongs somewhere, but not here. And Manson's best songs didn't happen until the first 2 tracks of his new album... Nelly's "Country Grammar" and so on are fine, but are eclipsed by new tracks like "Shake Ya Tailfeather"--not to mention the other Nelly (Furtado). I can't believe someone put "This is How We Do It" by Montell Jordan. One last thought: "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden???? Metallica deserves to be here too, of course, if only for "Enter Sandman." Good list chaps. If Tenacious D were nineties, they'd deserve to be here.... I'm surprised Eric Clapton never made it for anyone...but he probably made the 70s or 80s? (Likewise, GNR "November Rain" is fine but it seems so eighties.) Are Destiny's Child nineties? No thank you, no more Beyonce.
By: Sandwich Stealer
- 10. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 9. When I Come Around by Green Day
- 8. California Love by Tupac
- 7. Whats My Name by Snoop Doggy Dog
- 6. Superunkown by Soundgarden
- 5. No Excuses by Alice In Chains
- 4. Lithium by Nirvana
- 3. Daughter by Pearl Jam
- 2. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 1. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
In no particular order.
- 10. Jimi Thing by Dave Matthews Band
Live versions usually better
- 9. Hey by Q Tip
- 8. I'll Be by Foxy Brown
- 7. 40 oz to Freedom by Sublime
- 6. Cold Beverages by G Love & Special Sauce
- 5. Deadweight by Beck
- 4. Talk Show Host by Radiohead
- 3. Blister In the Sun by Violent Femms
Could again be late 80s but its the ultimate
- 2. El Scorcho by Weezer
- 1. Laid by James
May be late 80s but so-choice
I put a lot of thought into this list - download this shit its top-notch
- 10. Far Behind by Candlebox
- 9. Outshined by Soundgarden
- 8. Been Caught Stealing by Jane's Addiction
- 7. Epic by Faith No More
- 6. Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine
- 5. Lithium by Nirvana
- 4. Alive by Pearl Jam
- 3. Creep by Stone Temple Pilots
- 2. Rooster by Alice In Chains
- 1. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
By: ~* Janet *~
- 10. Freshman by Verve Pipe
I almost forgot this song! good thing i didn't. this is truly one of the best songs ive ever known
- 9. Hes Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon
Good song! Makes me think alot about past relationships
- 8. One Week by Barenaked Ladies
Have you ever done kareoke with this song?! Of course you have! This is defintely the number 1 song to sing at a party
- 7. I Alone by Live
Pearl Jam, Live, Stone Temple Pilots! keep up the good work
- 6. Wonderwall by Oasis
This song is just great
- 5. Far Behind by Candlebox
One of those type of songs you like to listen to on a cold rainy day
- 4. Run Around by Blues Traveler
Mellow song with cool lyrics about "i like coffee and i like tea", hah hah!
- 3. Jumper by Third Eye Blind
Also another great song by 3EB that most people know and love
- 2. Two Princes by Spin Doctors
One of those songs i grew up listening to
- 1. Semicharmed Life by Third Eye Blid
An awesome song by a band who absolutely rocks! (My personal favorite band)
I wish I had more space! =/. I know so many more awesome songs from the 90s. The 90s is my favorite era music-wise. Well Tood-a-loo people, I leave you with that
By: Joe Keilty
- 10. Stan by Eminem Wit Dido
evryone loves this one...even eminem h8ers love it!
- 9. Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers
a great under rated song!
- 8. To The Moon And Back by Savagegarden
be honest...we all sing along in da car when no one else is with u
- 7. Drops On Jupitor by Train
loved thi8s song for ages just never new who sung it
- 6. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith
superb, from da film armageden, ste tylers daughter liv was in it
- 5. Brimfull Of Asha by Conershop
i used to love running round naked singing this when no one was in
- 4. Breakfast Ay Tiffenys by Deepblue Something
very cool song
- 3. Stand By Me by Oasis
so moving and relaxing
- 2. Babylon by David Gray
letz just face it, me mum likes hime...but he is just amazing n dis song is world class
- 1. The Drugs Don't Work by The Verve
An amazing emotional powerful song by a once great band
duno if all deese songs wer in da 90s like, i luv music! people email me n il tell u even more songz that are amazin!
- 10. Novicain For The Soul by The Eels
- 9. Sweet Jane by Cowboy Junkies
- 8. Regulators by Warren G & Nate Dogg
- 7. Plowed by Sponge
- 6. Sour Girl by Stone Temple Pilots
- 5. Lightning Crashes by Live
- 4. Electric Slide by Unknown
- 3. Glycerine by Bush
- 2. Sister I See You by The Nixons
- 1. Whats The Frequency Kenneth by Rem
By: Sarah Turner
- 10. Laid by James
- 9. Pictures Of You by The Cure
- 8. High by The Cure
- 7. Beck by Loser
- 6. Shes A Star by Jamse
- 5. Glory Box by Portishead
- 4. Design For Life by The Manics
- 3. Stupid Girl by Garbage
- 2. Beetlebum by Blur
Represents that certain feeling of the 90s
- 1. Friday Im In Love by The Cure
In my opinion the greatest band to exist
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book