What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Spoonman by Soundgarden
I miss Soundgarden.
- 9. Alive by Pearl Jam
Pearl Jam had so many great songs, this is one of the best.
- 8. Song 2 by Blur
I don't like Blur but this song is outstanding.
- 7. Whatever by Oasis
- 6. Roll With It by Oasis
Beatle-esque and positive song that contradicts Oasis' image.
- 5. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
Beautiful song. The opening alone gets you hooked.
- 4. More Human Than Human by White Zombie
Great song off a great album.
- 3. Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town by Pearl Jam
Great tune, I got it stuck in my head right now.
- 2. Wonderwall by Oasis
Got me hooked on Oasis, my favorite band ever.
- 1. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
My favorite song ever.
- 10. Aenema by Tool
Lots of mentally draining, yet incredible songs from this band, yet this one is certainly my favorite.
- 9. Learning To Fly/Two Gunslingers by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Not completely sure when these songs came out, but Tom Petty is good listening. Just as is Steve Miller, yet he wasn't from the 90's so...
- 8. Low by Cracker
David Lowery is a genius. Lyrically, he's an accomplished musician, yet know one really even knows who he is. Tons of great stuff out there by Cracker!
- 7. Spoon Man/Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
The visuals of a man with his spoons is way to good to pass this one up... yet, Black Hole Sun is just as superb.
- 6. Bull in the Heather by Sonic Youth
90's wouldn't be complete without Sonic Youth.
- 5. Creep by Stone Temple Pilots
What can I say, I'm a 'creepy' person...
- 4. Cherub Rock/Today/Disarm/Ava Adore/Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
The Pumpkins put out way to many wonderful tunes that I could make the whole list with just them.. So, I'll combine and be nice to the other bands.
- 3. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
The intensity of this song is great! Especially in the video...
- 2. Creep by Radiohead
Emotionally, it puts me at ease.
- 1. Soma by Smashing Pumpkins
For some reason, this song is just IT! Absolutely beautiful...
Anyone putting songs by backstreet boys, Nsync, britney Spears, Limp Bizkit, or groups like that, should be hung upside down and dropped into a bucket of acid. Cheers!
- 10. Bed Of Roses by Bon Jovi
- 9. Turn by Travis
- 8. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
- 7. Everything Will Flow by Suede
- 6. Don't Cry by Guns N Roses
- 5. Stand By Me by Oasis
- 4. Wind Of Change by Scorpions
- 3. The Secon You Sleep by Saybia
- 2. Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith
- 1. Always by Bon Jovi
- 10. Machine by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
A not so faumous, thankfully it did not worn-out
- 9. Basket Case by Green Day
The green day classic!
- 8. Give It A Name by At The Drive-in
soo dam good!!!!
- 7. No Rain by Blind Melon
Lovely, melodic and grunge
- 6. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 5. Hungerstrike by Temple Of The Dog
Soundgraden and pearl jam... Who needs more!!
- 4. Lithium by Nirvana
It is Seattle, it is the 90's,it is grunge it is perfect
- 3. Man In The Box by Alice In Chains
Scream it out loud every time I listen this
- 2. Sad But True by Metallica
I phrase I use constantly, every time I listen to this I try to do a little mosh pit around me!!!
- 1. Black by Pearl Jam
The best song ever written!!!!!!! Dodo do do dodo do...
one rule in music: if it is from seattle, if it is the 90's, if it is grunge it RULES!!!!!
- 10. Give in to Me by Michael Jackson
Despite rumours and controversy no list would be complete without THE ARTIST OF THE DECADE and CENTURY - dangerous - what an album!!!
- 9. Folish Games by Jewel
What a beautiful melody and amazing lyrics
- 8. Lie to Me by Bon Jovi
Tehere are way to many Bon Jovi songs to put in a list!! Claasic Group with not one album that I dont have and love
- 7. The Look by Roxette
This song was so huge. What a legendry group
- 6. Nothing Compares to you by Sinead O'connor
One of the tear jerker classics
- 5. Please dont go Girl by New Kids on the Block
The original boy band!! man i Loved this group being in second grade!!
- 4. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
No comment need really! Brilliant
- 3. On Bended Knee by Boyz II Men
I remember just crying hear these guys and there amazing harmony
- 2. November Rain by Guns n Roses
What a song most were touched bty the gorgeous lyrics by axl rose.
- 1. I Want You by Savage Garden
Australian Music was back big time!!!! This band had such a huge influence on me
I have missed so many silverchair, Oasis, Live, 90's what a great era of brilliant music.
By: Kamren James
- 10. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
Even though this may not be considered a "rock song" by many people's standards, it still contains one of the most popular musical motives. This song, originally written by Mick Jagger, brought the Verve out into the spotlight, even though the song ended up being their only successful single to get serious radio play.
- 9. What I Got by Sublime
The first single that became as heavily played on radio stations and CD players across America as any other single. This song became an istant classic with it's southern-rock style and it's hip-hop based lyrics. This song acted as the gateway to future musicians such as Kid Rock to blend the gaps of different styles of music.
- 8. Tomorrow by Silverchair
This Aussie trio consisting of 15 year old rockers brought out the true meaning of Generation X in their music.
- 7. Machine Head by Bush
Even though it wasn't the first single off of the debut "Sixteen Stone" album, the lyric "breathe in, breathe out" became a commonly recognizable lymeric to music listeners across the world.
- 6. Basket Case by Green Day
This song marked the first of many singles off of the classic "Dookie" album that became the most heavily played album from any punk band from the time.
- 5. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
The famous "The world is a vampire" intro to this song became common vernacular to many rock fans in the 90's.
- 4. Wonderwall by Oasis
Probably the most influential band out of England during the whole decade. This one song defined the splendor of the entire album that it was on (which, unfortunately, I can't seem to remember the title of).
- 3. Stay by Lisa Loeb
A softer, folk song that many people sang along with at one time or another.
- 2. Shine by Collective Soul
This is arguably one of the most recognizable songs out of the early 1990's
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This song may or may not be your personal favorite, but this song marked the turning point in rock n' roll in the early 90's and defined a new style that most musicians afterwards built off of.
I believe that it is very difficult to list the top 10 best songs from the 1990's without having to edit out some very good songs. It is also impossible to judge the order of these songs without being biased. I attempted to organize them as closely as possible based on their influence to the progression of rock n' roll, as well as my perception of how recognizable they are to the average music listener. If you agree or disagree with me on any points, please feel free to email me about it and I will attempt to respond without being ignorant. Also, if you agree with me on any of the points, I would also like to get some feedback from you. Remember, music is only as good as your own personal likes and dislikes...And in the end, that is all that really matters.
- 10. Love Changes (everything) by Climie Fisher
It is a classic
- 9. Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
It is a great song to be with friends. And when you love someone
- 8. Love Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet
It is a classic
- 7. When You Say Nothing At All by Ronan Keating
This is one song to be the best one of 1999
- 6. End Of The Line by Honeyz
This song is brill, and it is the best song
- 5. Picture Of You by Boyzone
This is great song to chill out
- 4. Say The Word- I'll Be There by Kylie Minogue
This is brill
- 3. I'll Be There by Mariah Carey
This is a great song, and you can relax to it
- 2. I'd Lie For You ( And That's The Truth) by Meatloaf
- 1. If I Let You Go by Westlife
This is a cool song
This list is brill
- 10. Stress by Jims Big Ego
sweet and funny good song kinda diffrent
- 9. Staring At The Sun by The Offspring
dude u cant help but like this song
- 8. Super Bon Bon Remix by Soul Coughing Ft Portishead
sweet song phat beat
- 7. Im A Skat Man by Skat Man
kew song nvr woulda know of it if it werent for baseketball
- 6. Born Of A Broken Man by Rage Against The Machine
the wole cd was bad ass
- 5. Apache Rose Peacock by Red Hot Chili Pepers
- 4. Polly by Nirvana
sweet pollys hardcore
- 3. Never Again by Nickelback
- 2. Place For My Head by Linkin Park
place for my head dude
- 1. Any Thing By Korn And Sublime by Korn,Sublime
there the best i cant help but
theres so much i wish i could put more
- 10. Sippin On Some Sizurp by Ugk
I looooooooooved this song. It reminds me of being in the 7th grade with my soulmate. We used to love this song.
- 9. Beep Me 911 by Missy Featuring 702
I just loved this song. It reminds me of the 5th grade.
- 8. Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton
This song reminds me of when I met my soulmate in the 4th grade.
- 7. Sending My Love by Zhane
This reminds me of being in the 1st grade waiting at the bus stop in the car with my mom and my cousin. Those were some miserable times for me.
- 6. Kissing You by Keith Washington
This reminds me of being a little girl too. I like this song a lot.
- 5. Seven Whole Days by Toni Braxton
This doesn't bring back very good memories, but I still like it. It reminds me of being miserable in the 1st grade.
- 4. Weak by Swv
I think that everybody loves this song. It reminds me of being in Kindergarten.
- 3. Come And Talk To Me by Jodeci
This was one of my favorite songs when I was little. I remember loving this song when I was about 6 or 7.
- 2. Whatever You Want by Tony! Toni! Tone!
I really love this song. It just reminds me of being a little girl before my life got chaotic.
- 1. I Like by Kut Klose
This reminds me of being in the 2nd grade. I remember being in the hospital and listening to this song.
- 10. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Pepers
- 9. Pardon Me by Incubus
- 8. Glycerine by Bush
- 7. New Skin by Incubus
- 6. Blind by Korn
- 5. Outside by Aaron Lewis
- 4. Mudshovel by Staind
- 3. What I Got by Sublime
- 2. Sugar by System Of A Down
- 1. Freak On A Leash by Korn
Limp Bizkit's 3 dollar bill y'all album, best in the 90's, maybe ever
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book