What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Ben V
- 10. White Men in Black Suits by Everclear
This song, and 'Everything to Everyone' by Everclear are great songs of the late post-grunge era. I highly suggest buying "Sparkle & Fade" and "So Much for the Afterglow"; as those are two of the finest 90's albums.
- 9. Guerilla Radio by Rage Against The Machine
This song just makes me want to destroy something. Very kickass. Listen to the lyrics, and the song will make more sense with it's title.
- 8. In Bloom by Nirvana
Nirvana was a symbol of the early 90's teenage music, and this song is amazingly good.
- 7. Dayglo by Hazel
Hazel broke out of Portland, Oregon, just in that light/alternative faStone Temple Pilotsaced rock time around '93, with their hit 'Dayglo'. The song is an awesome work, and Hazel even made it onto MTV. They broke up around '98, but Pete Krebs is still making amazing music. Check out the video for 'Dayglo' at www.otisproductions.com Just click on 'music videos' and scroll down.
- 6. Free Fallin' by Tom Petty
Tom Petty is the symbol of the all-American rock figure. Although released on April 14, 1989, the CD version of the album wasn't released until 1990, so we'll say this counts as a 90's single as well.
- 5. Creep by Radiohead
Overplayed, yes, but it deserves the praise and recognition it earned Radiohead.
- 4. Touch Me I'm Sick by Mudhoney
This is the anthem for grunge. 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' may have climbed the charts, but it didn't have the bang that this single had.
- 3. 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins
I'm trying to keep it to one-2 songs per band, otherwise you'd see this list full of Smashing Pumpkin and Nirvana songs. This song is a wonder though.
- 2. All Apologies by Nirvana
With Cobain's death, this song has grown into a symbol of his legacy. When Cobain played this at Nirvana's eery Unplugged performance, it was surreal. This is one of the better memories of the 90's by far, and most certainly for Nirvana.
- 1. Santa Monica by Everclear
This song broke Everclear into the post-grunge scene immediately, and there's a reason why. It's simplistic nature makes you like it in a modern-artsy way, but it's balls-out rock twist make it a perfect blend. This defines the 90's angst that took the helm of rock music.
We all love, and miss the 90's, but the 00's have just as much potential. Music never ends.
By: William Harvey
- 10. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
wot can i say. his death was a terrible thing. murdering bitch.
- 9. Not The Same by Bodyjar
"your not the same, you've changed, i dont need you anyway. your not the person that i beleved in yesterday." ill never forget those words.
- 8. Hit The Floor by Linkin Park
one minit ur on top next ur not. sorry cant be number one forever
- 7. Losing My Religion by Rem
another REM clasic! great
- 6. Have You Ever by The Offspring
a fabulous song. one of their best.
- 5. I Miss You by Blink 182
i have only herd this song once so far but im already in love. it represents everything blink 182 are and everything i wish i could be
- 4. Numb by Linkin Park
great after a bad day in school!
- 3. Party Song by Blink 182
- 2. Everybody Hurts by Rem
a great song.rearly good.
- 1. Adams Song by Blink 182
the greatest piece of music ever created. the story of my life.
if you dont like my list feel free to go and die somewhere.
- 10. In Bloom by Nirvana
- 9. All Apologies by Nirvana
Makes you feel like you are walking down an empty street.
- 8. Lucy In The Skay With Diamonds by The Beatles
This one really makes you feel high. *It's Awesome!!
- 7. The Dope Show by Marilyn Manson
You havn't heard this song correctly untill you see the video!! -I love it!
- 6. Rob Zombie by Super Beast
I am so attached to this one!!! It will forever be apart of who I am today!
- 5. The Day The Whole World Went Away by Nine Inch Nails
I recomend this to EVERYONE!
- 4. Rock Is Dead by Marilyn Manson
what can I say... God is in the TV!
- 3. Count To Six And Die by Marilyn Manson
Let me warn you... this is the MOST disturbing, twisted song this world has ever heard! *Beware (i'm not jokeing!)
- 2. White Oleander by From The White Oleander St
This is the only song I have ever heard that contains such beauty yet such sad stillness. It reminds me of being a little girl, looking out the car window, watching rain drops.
- 1. Sweet Dreams by Marilyn Manson
brilliant song! *Masterpiece*
Have a good life!
- 10. Keep Their Heads Ringing by Dr. Dre
Great song with a catchy chorus. West Coast Rap is definately catchy and awesome.
- 9. Enter Sandman by Metallica
How can anyone leave this song of their top 10 list?
- 8. Gotta Get Away by The Offspring
Another group with an immaculate CD - "Smash", every song kept you going.
- 7. Bullet with Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumkins
Their double CD "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" was incredible, each song was unique and equally awesome!
- 6. Engel by Rammstein
When I first heard this song, I was blown away. The mystic of the german lyrics, meshed with the power of the guitars. Awesome song.
- 5. Gin and Juice by Snoop Doggy Dogg
Snoop Doggy Dogg's "Doggystyle" was the first Rap CD i ever purchased and well worth my money.
- 4. Regulate by Warren G and Nate Dogg
In my opinion, one of the best "G Funk" rap songs ever.
- 3. Wonderwall by Oasis
This song is not heavy nor soft, its just perfect with a catchy and likeable chorus.
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Continuing with amazing seattle sound, Pearl Jam's Jeremy is an unforgetable song
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Kurt Cobain changed music forever with his vocals and lyrics. Nuff Said.
- 10. The Dream by Jay Z B.i.g Faith Evans
this has it all
- 9. Money Cash Hos by Dmx Jay Z
the collaberation to end all
- 8. Loose Yourself by Eminem
get you pumped for anythin
- 7. Nuthin But A G Thang by Dr Dre
hes the ground braker for hip hop
- 6. Act A Fool by Ludacris
another drivin classic
- 5. Wats Your Fantasy by Ludacris
you know all the words and will never forget them
- 4. Brendas Got A Baby by 2pac
Thick beat, great lyrics. oneof the alltime greats
- 3. Get It On The Floor by Dmx
get any party goin'
- 2. How Long Will Ya Mourn Me by 2pac
- 1. Still Dre by Dr Dre
the only sony to drive to
busta rhymes needs a mention sumwheres
By: Ed Archer
- 10. Everything I Do by Bryan Adams
"Look into my eyes, what do you see" Stood up in Year 1 in '91 when I was 5 and sang it with my mates at Primary School, great lyrics, good tempo, good vocals it's a song of the 90's by miles !
- 9. (lets All Meet Up In The) Year 2000 by Pulp
Jarvis Cocker quality great song great time great memories
- 8. Don't Look Back In Anger (i Heard You Say) by Oasis
I could listen to that song for the rest of my life, British and it RULES!
- 7. Everybody Hurts by Rem
Good music, suitable for ALL
- 6. Every You Every Me by Placebo
what can I say, English lads having some fun !
- 5. Good Ridance (time Of Your Life) by Green Day
first heard this back in '97 was it (!?) Had heard Green Day before then, however when I heard this song, it all sunk in-Green Day you ROCK
- 4. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Like Nirvana, helped to bridge the gap between great rock/grunge music and everyday life (if that makes sense !?)
- 3. Park Life by Blur
Blur and Oasis obviously battled it out and I preffered the latter, but Blur had some good tunes-this was just one of them
- 2. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
Oasis top band, music was great, Champagne Supernova was long but for a reason, the last track on a superb album, nice one Liam, Noel and the rest !
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Not my favourite band, but they helped to define what music was about in the 90's, possibly through to today
Music in the mid 90's rocked a lot of great mat. came out then, pity it's not around today all that much and we are bombared by American POP tripe such as 50Cent-get a life you provoker of criminal activity! and Britney Spears and justin Timberland ! take note GO HOME !!!
By: Victor Hanson
- 10. Detroit Rock City by Kiss
- 9. I Feel Like A Woman by Shania Twain
- 8. Serinity by Godsmack
- 7. Hold On by Good Charlotte
- 6. Perfect by Simple Plan
- 5. My Immortal by Eversense
- 4. Arms Wide Open by Creed
- 3. In The End by Linkin Park
- 2. Someday by Nickelback
- 1. Here Without You by 3 Doors Down
- 10. Backwater by Meat Puppets
The 80's cow-punk innovators score a #1 hit in the grunge era. Classic.
- 9. Radiohead by Creep
This song always reminds me of how much better music was when it all got started...
- 8. Sour Girl by Stone Temple Pilots
You can really sing along to this... and no, they're not just a Pearl Jam and AIC rip off band!
- 7. Everlong by Foo Fighters
A shining star of a song off the Colour & Shape album.
- 6. Evenflow by Pearl Jam
Never did an augmented fourth sound so... sweet.
- 5. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
You can say what you want about Billy Corgan's voice, but this is an untouchable classic!
- 4. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
This song grinds and slithers and pops through the 90's with a whole new sound.
- 3. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Another big 90's smash hit...
- 2. No Rain by Blind Melon
This was a big smash across the board. Really sums up the whole 90's attitude to me.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Duh. A song about deodorant- cool.
- 10. Kerrnkraft400 by Zombie Nation
- 9. Blue by Eiffel65
- 8. This Your Night by Amber
- 7. Call Me by Le Chick
- 6. I See You Baby by Groove Armada
- 5. Just A Little Bit by Gina G
- 4. In A Dream My Love by Rockell
- 3. Around The World(la La La La) by Atc
- 2. Better Off Alone by Alice Deejay
- 1. Barbie Girl by Aqua
Fired up! is a great cd! You can hear all of those songs on it plus many more! ( you can get it it at musicspace.com)
By: Remy V.
- 10. Wonderwall by Oasis
I'm not a big Oasis fan, but this was a really good song.
- 9. Peaches by The Presidents Of The United States Of America
Hehe...a song about peaches...BRILLIANT!
- 8. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
The perfect blend of soft melodies and rockin' Choruses.
- 7. Big Poppa by The Notorious B.I.G.
The big man at his finest.
- 6. This I Promise You by *NSYNC
Not only is it the greatest love song of the 90's, but it's *NSYNC! Who doesn't love them?
- 5. The Bad Touch by The Bloodhound Gang
One of the best songs about sex ever written...and those monkey suits!
- 4. Oh So Quiet by Bjork
Bjork is a mastermind...it's as easy as that.
- 3. My Name Is by Eminem
This song started a revolution that changed the rap game forever.
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Best band of the 90's(By Far) does a touching song about a suicidal teen...this song really speaks to me.
- 1. Change, Dear Mama, and Hit 'Em Up by Tupac
A 3 way tie for first place from the greatest rapper ever to live...and die...
The 90's were a great decade, and I'm proud to have grown up in them.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book