What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Trent Lyons
- 10. Regulators by Warren G feat. Nate Dogg
This song is the perfect example of early 90's hip hop.
- 9. California Love by Dr. Dre feat. Tupac
This song was one of the best rap collaborations ever put together.
- 8. Pretty Fly For A White Guy by Offspring
Everybody has heard this song
- 7. All For You by Sister Hazel
This is one of those songs that gets stuck in your head real bad.
- 6. Buddy Holly by Weezer
This song was just awesome
- 5. One Week by Barenaked ladies
Bad song, awesome
- 4. Amazed by Lonestar
Just one of the better slow songs of the late 90's.
- 3. Faith by Limp Bizkit (cover of George Michael's)
This has to be one of the best covers of an 80's song.
- 2. Loser by Beck
This is just such an odd song that it rocks!
- 1. Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC
The best song of all time baby!!
- 10. Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue
- 9. Notorious Thugs by The Notorious Big featuring Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- 8. Keep Ya Head Up by 2Pac
'93 It's meaningful and it flows well.
- 7. The Sign by Ace of Base
- 6. I Remember You by Skid Row
'90 I remember this song.
- 5. Foe Tha Love of $ by Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- 4. Regulate by Warren G. and Nate Dogg
- 3. First of tha Month by Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
95' It's about as good as Tha Crossroads. I believe a lot more effort went into writing this song.
- 2. Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
96' Needs no explaination
- 1. Without You by Motley Crue
90' You have to listen to this one a few times. It's almost breathtaking.
- 10. my name is by eminem
it got really annoying, but everyone remembers it... he is going to get shot someday from the things he says... but oh well hehehe
- 9. all the small things by blink-182
this song includes all the poppy songs by other groups in the video, making fun of them in the funniest possible way, so i like this, blink rules
- 8. take my breath away by 98 degrees
i dont like these ppl either, but i like songs with good lyrics
- 7. say my name by destiny's child
very catchy, whenever i hear it i wanna hit the person who put it on
- 6. waiting for tonight by jennifer lopez
good beat, gets me moving
- 5. lightning crashes by live
AWESOME song, very powerful
- 4. mmmbop by hanson
how the hell did they get famous with such a freaky song? it gives me a headache if i hear it, but if someone can get so famous from a song like this, it's gotta be good
- 3. shape of my heart by backstreet boys
i dont like the band, but the song is good, and my boyfriend dedicates it to me
- 2. a song to sing by hanson
whether you like them or not, this is a good song... very professional
- 1. the unlucky ones by admiral twin
not very famous, you should check it out..... cool lyrics
By: Milton Goatsby
- 10. If We Can Land A Man On The Moon by Beulah
Best of the elephant 6 collecvtive, very nice
- 9. Angel Interceptor by Ash
Always liked powerpop and this follows the 70s powerpop traditions great song, hummable even T wheeler named the album 1977
- 8. Cannonball by Breeders
excellent song and I have to say Kelley Deal is easy on the optics too!
- 7. What You Want by My Bloody Valentine
Who needs lyrics?? not me, not you just listen to the sounds bewdifull!!!
- 6. Jimmys Fantasy by Redd Kross
Classic riffola good for a pseudo edbanger like meself
- 5. Koolest Band by Montana
Spiffing Aussie guitar based pop, were got no need to buy Teenage Fanclub records downunder yaknow, were got Montana!!
- 4. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Silly Billys best song, and 79 was a top year for culture! Cheap Trick's Dream Police, Movies the Warriors "can you dig it??"
- 3. Slide by Superette
The best sod off song written pisses on Sebadohs the Freed Pig, by the masters of pop Superette of New Zealand look for their album Tiger!!
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Kurt lives!!!, er nup he doesnt
Classic song, kinda got a bit sick of it in the end, ya shouldnt play things 25 hours a day, kiddies
- 1. Touch Me by Superette
Beeautiful languid kiwi pop, best single in a decade!! Once yiou hear it your hooked like all great pop masterpieces should be!!
er would also have Sleater Kinney -Joey Ramone, Flaming Lips- Everyone wants to live Foreever, Oasis Dont Look back in Anger, Catherine -4 Leaf Clover
- 10. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
Isn't it on the best selling soundtrack of all time?
- 9. Special by Garbage
Another rock to pop cross-over
- 8. Celebrity Skin by Hole
Courtney finally got her act together
- 7. Walking in Memphis by Cher
This might be an 80's tune, but I love it.
- 6. We Are the Champions by Queen
No questions asked. It's gonna rock you.
- 5. Nightswimming by REM
Don't know if you've heard it, but it's got a gorgeous harmony.
- 4. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
I know we all hae it now, but it's definite 90's hit. It's gonna go on and on and on...
- 3. Because You Loved Me by Cceline Dion
- 2. November Rain by Guns N Roses
How can you not put it on a top ten list?
- 1. Save the Best for Last by Vanessa Williams
Gorgeous song, plus it's on the Priscilla: Queen of the desert Soundtrack.
By: Paul Nolan
- 10. Power Of A Woman by Eternal
From the golden days of Eternal. Things kinda went to hell when Kelle left, didn't they?
- 9. Pray by Tina Cousins
OK, so it's Hit Factory-produced cheese, but it's catchy and one of Tina's best.
- 8. Wannabe by Spice Girls
Another of those songs you get up on the podium and drunkenly lip-synch with your mates. I couldn't really stand the Spice Girls, but this was a great song in that it's catchy and it got them noticed straight away.
- 7. Just A Little Bit by Gina G
Mwahahahahahaha! Our best entry for Eurovision in the whole decade (if not ever). So great the intro is my mobile's ring!
- 6. Drop Dead Gorgeous by Republica
(this list gets more eclectic as I go on, but i guess that's my music collection for you)
- 5. Queen of the Night by Whitney Houston
One of my all-time anthems. Perfect for a good old-fashioned lip-synch on the podium at my fave club.
- 4. Tragedy by Steps
*list instantly loses what little credibility it had but author couldn't care less* No matter how much you slag Steps off you can't help but admit they are holding their own and there must be something about them to have kept going so long.
- 3. Better The Devil You Know by Kylie Minogue
Although I love Steps, they just didn't do this song justice with that half-baked cover. Kylie is totally FAB!
- 2. No Scrubs by TLC
Yay! Let's bitch about men! TLC do this so well, don't they?
- 1. Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Nicki French
The best version ever of the best song ever. If the 90s had to exist for a reason, this is it. (ok, that was a /bit/ hyperbolic, wasn't it?)
These lists are very hard to make, aren't they? You start with a load of songs and you end up not being able to think up enough for the list (but then again, it is the 90s - there was much more in the 80s, wasn't there?)
- 10. Livin it up by Limp Bizkit
Chocolate Star Fish and the Hotdog flavored Water is one of the (if not THE best) albums ever put out
- 9. One by Metallica
I could take up 30 or more slots for all my favorite metallica songs..this is just one of many
- 8. Ruff Ryders Anthem by DMX
DMX kicks ass, and so does this video.
- 7. Rollin and Rollin Remix by Limp Bizkit
the remix with DMX, Red Man, and Method Man is awesome. Those 4 together would make a great album
- 6. Unforgiven by Metallica
This song is great...best guitar playing ever since Slash from Guns N roses
- 5. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chillie Peppers
- 4. Hero of the Day by Metallica
Metallica kicks ass
- 3. Faith by Limp Bizkit
Limp Bizkit rules, this song is just one of many awesome songs they have
- 2. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Once again....Metallica kicks ass!!
- 1. Ms. Johnson by Outkast
What can i say, this song kicks ass
all of metallica, limp bizkit, and DMX kicks ass
- 10. memory remains by metallica
- 9. Give it TO Me Baby by The Offspring
- 8. Get A job by The Offspring
- 7. Time Of Your Life by Green Day
- 6. Loco by Coal Chamber
- 5. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 4. Spit it out by Slipknot
- 3. Crazy Train by Ozzy
- 2. Wait And Bleed by Slipknot
- 1. Any Korn Song by Korn
Korn is the greatest group that will ever live!!!!!!!!
These songs made a big impact in the music world
- 10. 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 9. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
- 8. My Own Prison by Creed
- 7. Nookie by Limp Bizkit
- 6. Daughter by Pearl Jam
- 5. Far Behind by Candlebox
- 4. Rooster by Alice In Chains
- 3. Shine by Collective Soul
- 2. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Will always be the greatest songs of the modern rock era.
11. Soundgarden- Blow up the outside World; 12. Stone Temple Pilots- Vaseline; 13. Green Day- Longview; 14. U2- Mysterious Ways; 15. Beck- Loser; 16. Guns N Roses- Live and Let Die; 17. Goo Goo Dolls- Name; 18. 3 Doors Down- Kryptonite; 19. Live- Selling the Drama; 20. Wallflowers- One Headlight
- 10. Love Will Come to You by Indigo Girls
- 9. Walkaway by Counting Crows
short but sweet
- 8. Because the Night by 10,000 Maniacs
possibly the best song ever written
- 7. #40/#41 by Dave Matthews Band
these are both great songs with great lyrics
- 6. Spark by Tori Amos
a great song
- 5. Do What You Have To Do by Sarah McLachlan
sentimental, but beautiful
- 4. Thinking About You by Radiohead
radiohead!!! enough said!!
- 3. Another Lonely Day by Ben Harper
a great musician with amazing lyrics
- 2. Fade Into You by Mazzy Star
really mellow. . .always good for setting the mood
- 1. I'll Back You Up by Dave Matthew's Band
the sweetest song ever
these are slower songs, but they have a nice emotional appeal to them. i will swear by each and every one of them. they have stood the test of time with me.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book