What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. You Get Wat You Give by New Radicals
Another one hit-wonder. Sadly. Very original, feel good song!
- 9. Don't Go Away by Oasis
I would listen to this on my way to high school in the morning... over and over and over!
- 8. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
Very sadly, they were only a one-hit wonder
- 7. Fast Car by Tracey Chapman
How could you not love this song?
- 6. Release by Pearl Jam
Favorite song from my favorite band of all time.
- 5. I'd Die Without You by PM Dawn
I used to listen to this over and over after a certain break up
- 4. Broken Wing by Martina McBride
Awe-inspiring. She has the most gorgeous voice I have ever heard!
- 3. Could Not Ask For More by Edwin McCain
Will be the first song I dance to at my wedding
- 2. Heart of The Matter by Don Henley
Awesome with the Eagles, even better as a solo artist. Beautifully written song.
- 1. Cry Freedom by Dave Matthews Band
Truer words were never spoken. "The future is no place, to place your better days." Love it!
Visit my website! http://bethany9.diaryland.com
- 10. Go To Sleep by Eminem..feat.dmx And Obie Trice
speaks 2 me!!!
- 9. 2 Of Americkaz Most Wanted by 2pac..feat.snoop Dogg
listen 2 it..then come c me..
- 8. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolioe
dat man iz a real nigga ..... all u mothaf**kin hatas can s**k my mothaf**kin dick!!!
- 7. Stand Up by Ludacris
- 6. Say Wat U Say by Eminem...feat Dre
- 5. Nuthin But A G Thang by Snoop Dogg....feat.dre
- 4. Livin It Up by Limp Bizkit
dis band iz da greatest band eva..and dis song iz my 4th fav
- 3. X Gonna Give It 2 Ya by D..m..x...
dis nigga wont take sh*t from no one..urghhhhhh
- 2. Loseyorself by Eminem
my homie...my fav...u deserve it..thz man..fo f**kin up my life
- 1. All Eyez On Me by My Nigga......2pac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2pac lives 4eva...dats right he aint dead
so u like it......firstname.lastname@example.org.....tell me plzz
- 10. Killing Me Softly by The Fugees
This is the anthem of my childhood; as in my best friend and I used to sing it all the time...
- 9. Sabotage by Beastie Boys
It's the Beastie Boys.
- 8. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
Didn't quitew understand the part "take you down the only road I've ever been down," because at my like, 7, 8 years of age I thought he'd only just walked down one street in his entire life.
- 7. High & Dry by Radiohead
Everyone loves Radiohead, and for the jackasses that don't, screw you. :)
- 6. Dreams by The Cranberries
It's The Cranberries.
- 5. Burger Queen by Placebo
Even though they didn't exactly release as a single, I love this song.
- 4. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
It was this or Otherside, but since this song came out when I was like 2, and I remember hearing it (probably) since then, it had to be this. One of the defining bands of the 80's, 90's, and for me, all of time.
- 3. When I Grow Up by Garbage
This is the anthem of my life....
- 2. The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang
This is one of the most awesome bands ever!! I love all their songs.
- 1. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
This song gives me deja vu.
The 90's rock. Some people are stuck in the 80's; I'm stuck in the 90's.
- 10. Hemorage(in My Hands) by Fuel
i am prety sure this is from the 90s
- 9. One Head Light by Wall Flowers
its one of their songs that i really love
- 8. Oasis by Wonderwall
- 7. Losing My Religion by Rem
- 6. Basket Case by Green Day
i love me some stoners and Billie joe was definatly that
- 5. Closer To God by Nine Inch Nails
great song and disturbing video but completely f***-in A
- 4. Sex And Candy by Marcy Playground
i used to listen to this at the pool
- 3. Black Hole Sun by Sound Garden
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
really spoke to me
- 1. Lithuim by Nirvana
i love kurt cobain and any song by nirvana desearves to be on here
By: Stephen Bickerstaffe
- 10. Notorious Thugs by Notorious B.I.G. - Feat. Bone Thugs
- 9. Ill Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans
- 8. Keep Ya Head Up by 2pac
- 7. Let Me Fly by DMX
- 6. Murder Reigns by Ja Rule
- 5. N.O.T.O.R.I.O.U.S by Biggie Smalls ft Puff Daddy
- 4. Gangstas Paradise by Coolio
- 3. Runnin' by Tupac ft B.I.G
- 2. Regulate by Nate Dogg & Warren G
- 1. Juicy by Biggie Smalls
This is the best rap song ever, without any doubt
- 10. Gangsta Paradise by Coolio
- 9. Changes by 2Pac
- 8. You Got Me by The Roots feat. Erikah Badu
- 7. Wanted Dead Or Alive by 2Pac feat. Snoop Dogg
- 6. I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy
- 5. Scartisue by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 4. Starin At Th World Through My Rearview by 2Pac
- 3. Only God Can Judge Me by 2Pac
Only God Can Judge Him
- 2. So Many Tears by 2Pac
- 1. Lost Souls by 2Pac
- 10. Creep by Radiohead
- 9. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
only existin bad that i define as rock n roll.
- 8. With Arms Wide Open by Creed
ok ok it aint bad,better than most of th post 95 scene
- 7. Rape Me by Nirvana
- 6. Come As You Are by Nirvana
Had to include it
- 5. With Or Without You by U2
hate the band luv the song
- 4. Nothing Else Matters by Metalllica
finally they broke int true mainstream
- 3. Alive by Pearl Jam
Aamzing guitaring on this
- 2. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
Cobains list is endless,cant go on ne further.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Truly an anthem thats it.
Without kurt 90s would hav ben lame.Not discredtin other grunge band but without Nirvana it never would hav been mainstream.I mean all there stuff sold,super cool style
By: Kelli Norris
- 10. Blue Cars by Dishwalla
Its whiney-- and still good... i mean... priceless-- ITS JUST....................GOOD!
- 9. Closer to Free by Bodeans
Stupid song.... but.. likeable.. and ... fun "everybody wants to be closer to free"-- more talent then most "boy bands"
- 8. Mr.Jones by Counting Crows
The Counting Crows Just Deserve To Be On This List.
- 7. Follow You Down by Gin Blossoms
Harmonica makes the song sweet.. with the drum beats that keep you moving.. catchy lyrics... and pretty good ones if you're intelligent enough to understand.
- 6. Name by Goo Goo Dolls
Just A Good Song
- 5. Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
Great lrics AND you can dance to it..... his voice sounds awesome in this one.
- 4. Freshman by The Verve
So True To Life. "For the life of me I cannot believe we'd ever die for these sins."
- 3. Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis
Speaks For Itself..awesome.
- 2. Run Around by Blues Traveler
Bluesy feel and words you cant understand well.....-THIS SONG IS AMAZING
- 1. 3am by Matchbox 20
Rod had such a good voice... he can make u agree with every word he says... like hes singing right to you.... SUCH A WONDERFUL SONG
- 10. Crazy by Aerosmith
LOOOOVVVVEEEDD THIS SONG!!!!
- 9. My Name Is... by Emiem
brought Mr. Michigan on the scence...since im from there gotta support my homeboy...heh!
- 8. Miami by Will Smith
just a fun song....
- 7. Waterfalls by Tlc
TLC crazy.sexy.cool was the first album i ever bought..i loved this song
- 6. Drive Myself Crazy by Nsync
no matter what anyone says NSync was always better then the backstreet boys! :) (heres the teeny-bopper in me)
- 5. What A Girl Wants by Christina
I was a teeny-bopper back then..i lived for all the pop stars..now that i look back it was funny!
- 4. Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton
- 3. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
when i heard this song in creul intentions i fell in love w/ it!
- 2. Take A Bow by Madonna
this was my favorite song by her in the 90s
- 1. Don't Speak by No Doubt
my first favorite band, first concert, big part of the 90s
By: Adam Ice
- 10. No Rain by Blind Melon
The beginning of what may have been one of the greatest bands of their era, all cut short by the drug and alcohol abuse of their lead singer.
- 9. Man In A Box by Alice In Chains
Great album, and the most raw and talented band of their time
- 8. Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins
Melodic genious through and through
- 7. Champaign Supernova by Oasis
Incredible riffs, and highly powerful lyrics- can you believe this song is all about drug use?
- 6. My Hero by Foo Fighters
An beautiful tribute to the father of modern rock, Kurt Cobain
- 5. The Dope Show by Marylin Manson
A much more influential and cleanly written song then "The Beautiful People"
- 4. Come Out And Play by The Offspring
I'm still super pissed that my ex-girlfriend stole this album when we broke up
- 3. Don't Speak by No Doubt
From an amazing album, this song is an incredible ode to a love which would not stand, this is Steffani's ballad to her bassist
- 2. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town by Pearl Jam
Though not as deep lyrically as "Jeremy", an incredible up beat song worthy of a number 2
- 1. All Apologies by Nirvana
From the single greatest live unplugged performance to date.
While it is nearly impossible to nail down the best 10 of the greatest era of music to date in my own personal view, this is my attempt at if nothing else highliting some of the many great bands which have defined my life and led me to a highly secessful 8 year run as a DJ.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book