What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Sleep To Dream by Fiona Apple
I love this song!
- 9. I'm A Bitch by Meredith Brooks
This song is hilarious!
- 8. #1 Crush by Garbage
Kinda scary, but nice
- 7. Goodbye Earl by Dixie Chicks
They are the best group ever
- 6. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
You know why
- 5. Head Over Heels by Alanis Morrisette
Because her and Sheryl Crow are the best things to come out of the 90s
- 4. Criminal by Fiona Apple
- 3. My Favorite Game by Cardigans
I could listen to this song over and over
- 2. A Change Would Do You Good by Sheryl Crow
Because Sheryl Crow rocks!!!!
- 1. You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morrisette
Hands down the best song from the 90s!
- 10. Iris by The GooGoo Dolls
Who doesn't love this song? It's timeless, a great classic... It's so versatile and still such a great song after a decade or so..
- 9. Foolish Games by Jewel
One of Jewel's first hits... Gah it's a great song. I love it.
- 8. Don't Speak by No Doubt
This song is just so real. It's got a pain to it that you can just FEEl with every word Gwen Stefani utters. I bet it was kinda awkward for the bassist dude, though, knowing she was so hurt because of him...
- 7. Sex and Candy by Marcy's Playground
It's justa sexy song. I like the way it kind of slinks through your mind... It gives me a very sixties feel when I hear it, and I can just see what the singer is singing about in my head and it just makes me wanna dance very seductively.
- 6. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
One of the greatest songs from one of the greatest movies ever.
- 5. Merely Freshman by Verve Pipe
So much to feel from this song. It makes me want to cry everytime I hear it, it's just so emotional and great.
- 4. Say it Ain't So by Weezer
My favorite song by my favorite band. What else can I say?
- 3. Angel by Sarah McClachlan
This is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. The lyrics, the piano, the everything about it just screams greatness.
- 2. Rape Me by Nirvana
I am a huge Nirvana fan, I love pretty much all of their music, but this song... This song is just the ultimate Nirvana song. There's something reminiscent to The Doors about it, and it's just Kurt's unadultered pain. It's amazing.
- 1. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
This has always been and will always be my favorite song of all time! Ever since the first time I heard it played on the radio, I couldn't get it out of my head, it was always on my lips, and it remains a quintessential song of my youth.
I have to mention Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse here too... That's mine and Nathan's song, and yea... it's amazing...
- 10. When Can I See You Again by Babyface
Copy and paste the comment for "Fast Car" and change the names, and there you have it! Acoustical guitar and a great voice can REALLY sound awesome... it's so beautiful!
- 9. Asleep by The Smiths
Aaahhh! If beauty was a song ever she would be "Asleep!" Highly depressing; however...
- 8. No Rain by Blind Melon
As with "Come As You Are," this song is also one that is easygoing and flows sssooo naturally with life! Must we mention the bumblebee girl; however?
- 7. You Wanted More by Tonic
Ah, American Pie! One of my favorite movies of all time (which was presented to us in the 90s) also featured one of my favorite songs of all time!
- 6. Fast Car by Tracy Chapman
A VERY beautiful song! Chapman's voice just melts together with the guitar and it seems as though they are ONE!
- 5. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
This song is so wicked, dark, and powerful, there is no way that I see you can leave it off of a top ten list for the 90s!
- 4. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
As with "Ironic," this song is SSSOOO well written and the lyrics, as they say they are, are LIFE!
- 3. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
Although this song has been turned into a cliche what with graduations and such, it remains one of the ultimate and most phenomenal hit songs of all time!
- 2. Come As You Are by Nirvana
As with all Nirvana songs, you (or at least I) cannot explain why I like it. It is just so easygoing and flows so naturally into every day life that it takes over my mind and will not leave!
- 1. Ironic by Alanis Morissette
Such an awesome voice for a 19-year-old woman! This song is definately one of the best out there... ever! So well written and lyrically PERFECT!
The 90s were my childhood... I loved the music then! I did not; however, know about "Asleep" until I recently read "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky... I love it though, and it came from the 90s, so it HAS to go on this list. It's a beautiful song.
By: Baris Tisli
- 10. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
It reminds me my college years
- 9. Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla
Not very popular but still rocks
- 8. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
- 7. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 6. Last Dance With Mary Jane by Tom Patty
- 5. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crush Test Dummies
- 4. Fallow You Down by Gin Blossoms
- 3. Creep by Radiohead
- 2. How Bizarre by OMC
- 1. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
- 10. More Human Than Human by White Zombie
- 9. Big Me by Foo Fighters
- 8. Epic by Faith No More
- 7. Even Flow by Pearl Jam
- 6. Crazy by Seal
- 5. Head Like A Hole by Nine Inch Nails
- 4. Tripping On A Hole In A Paper Heart by Stone Temple Pilots
- 3. Pepper by Butthole Surfers
- 2. Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth by Primitive Radio Gods
- 1. About A Girl by Nirvana
Five Honourables: "Kiss Them For Me"-Siouxsie & the Banshees, "Been Caught Stealing"-Jane's Addiction, "In The Mean Time"-Space Hog", "One Headlight"-Wallflowers, "No Excuses"-Alice In Chains.
- 10. Oh Vey Baby by Tin Machine
This song wasn't one of the best, but in my mind, it beat out some of the other crap (Spice Girls, Birtney Spears, NSYNC) or the 90s!
- 9. November Rain by Guns n' Roses
The song wasn't too important to me at first, but the video really caught my eye (the fact that's it a wedding that was much more peacful than Whiet Wedding by Billy Idol, and I hated that it was so peaceful) and so I thought I'd add it.
- 8. Crazy by Aerosmith
I first heard this while watching the video, starring Liv Tyler and Alicia Silverstone and I loved the song. I tried so long and hard to own it!
- 7. Video Killed the Radio Star by Presidents of the United States of America
Even though this is a rerecorded version of The Buggles' song, I thought I'd add it because when I heard it on Th Wedding Singer, I didn't even know it and I jumped around to it!
- 6. Little Wonder by David Bowie
Little Wonder wasn't one of his most famous songs, but I thought that David Bowie deserved credit for it because it brought out his true feelings about and his religion of Buddhism.
- 5. When I Come Around by Green Day
My dad used to listen to the album with this on it all the time when I was little, and this was one of the only songs I remembered when he gave me the album to add to my collection.
- 4. The Click by Good Charlotte
I first heard parts from this song on the 1999 show underGRADS, and I loved it. Then my friend showed me the whole version and I loved that even more!
- 3. Can't Stop Loving You by Van Halen
Can't Stop Loving You by Van Halen was a great song. It is one of the only ones that I'd prefer Sammy Hagar to David Lee Roth on and since that made my mind turn, I thought it'd get some credit.
- 2. Lithium by Nirvana
Nirvana was a great band, up until Kurt Cobain commit suicide. And Lithium was one of my favourite songs, one of the first I ever knew next to Come as You Are.
- 1. Shock to the System by Billy Idol
Most say that Cradle of Love (Charmed Life, 1990) but I think that Shcok to the System from 1993 was a better song. It really touched me, in some way. The video wasn't so good, though, Billy Idol didn't look so hot in that one.
Thanks for reading my list and I hope that you can relate to it!
By: Ricky Kelly
- 10. Date Rape by Sublime
greeeat lyrics. how does he talk so fast?
- 9. In the End by Linkin Park
another great song.
- 8. Man in the Box by Alice in Chains
Pretty damn cool.
- 7. Diamonds and Guns by The Transplants
Piano riff is the bomb.
- 6. Yesterdays by Pennywise
Great lyrics, great song. unfortuantly gets old fast.
- 5. Bandages by Hot Hot Heat
new band kick ass cd
- 4. Chop Suey by System of a Down
Relaxing begging turns into hard rock. really cool.
- 3. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
- 2. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
The whole CD Nevermind was great and inspirational. This song started something. It is the anthem of generation X.
- 10. That Thing by Lauren Hill
- 9. Seasons Of Love by Rent
The best musicial EVER!!
- 8. San Demis Highschool Football Rules by The Ataris
The best emo song ever.
- 7. Crash by Dave Mathews
"Hike up your skirt a little more, show your world to me"
- 6. Ruby Soho by Rancid
Great song! Punk rock at its finest!!
- 5. The Freshman by The Verve Pipe
I guess i was pretty depressed in the ninties.
- 4. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Great song, Great Band, Great album
- 3. Only In Dreams by Weezer
Annother depressing one by one of the best bands of the decade.
- 2. Good Riddance by Green Day
The first time a song ever made me cry....I heard it right after i found out a friend of mine had died.
- 1. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
Oasis' best song, the difinitive song of the 90s.
- 10. Silent Lucidity by Queensryche
great tune... maybe real real late 80's...though i first heard it in the early 90's, but as soon as you hear it....you'll love it
- 9. Pictures Of You by The Cure
Guess I thought that it was cool to be morbid...
- 8. You're Unbelievable by EMF
one hit wonder...but it sounded sooo cool
- 7. Suit & Tie Guy by D.R.I
real punk group....catchy guitar riff in this one...its kinda harsh...but if you listen to it you might like it
- 6. Last Dance With Mary-Jane by Tom Petty
Well.....Tom is one of the true classics....and who can't help but love this song....the true meaning...its great!
- 5. Hand In My Pocket by Alanis Morisette
Awesome Canadian female artist...great song...
- 4. Disarmed by Smashing Pumpkins
Has a haunting sound...
- 3. Stereo by The Watchmen
Realeased in 1998.....great sounding song...great lyrics..just love it.
- 2. The Things I Do For Money by The Northern Pikes
The world is just a marble in the palm of my hand.....
- 1. Three Angels by Headstones
get the tune...then you'll know why it's number 1
It's almost impossible to rate these songs in a particular order...I tried to be original, cause all I've seen on most lists is the same songs over and over.I have so much to say about these lists...too bad there isnt a chat room
By: John Lennon
- 10. Song 2 by Blur
- 9. Creep by Radiohead
- 8. Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis
- 7. Some Might Say by Oasis
- 6. Have a Nice Day by Steereophonics
- 5. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 4. Lucky Man by The Verve
- 3. Pick a Part that's new by Stereophonics
- 2. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 1. Live Forever by Oasis
Best song around Noel Gallagher we Praise you for great MUSIC
All These songs are havin it buy there music
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book