What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Let Me Entertain You by Robbie Williams
Another great song by the god!love the video proves that this man looks good in anything!
- 9. Step On by Happy Mondays
yer twistin me melon man!
- 8. Let Forever Be by The Chemical Brothers
- 7. Born Slippy by Underworld
love this n great to dance to
- 6. Bittersweet Symphany by The Verve
so simple yet so brilliant Richard Ashcrofts voice in this is unbeatable!
- 5. Savage Garden by Truly,madly,deeply
not one person i know who doesn't like this song!
- 4. The Riverboat Song by Ocean Colour Scene
One of the greatest guitar riffs ever just brilliant!
- 3. Live Forever by Oasis
the drums in the background work brilliantly
- 2. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
beautiful song liam's voice is so not perfect but is so beautiful in this song gives me goosebumps everytime i listen to it!
- 1. Angels by Robbie Williams
Who cannot LOVE this song?in concert its amazing brings a tear to your eye and is an amazing song n you have to love the song that brought Robbie Williams from "fat dancer in take that" yeah right to the moder day all round enterainer sexy sweet charming and amzingly talanted. AMAZING!
Oasis n Robbie couldn't get any further apart but luv em both!
- 10. Xxplosive by Dr Dre feat Hittman,Kurupt,Nate Dogg,Six-Two
- 9. Memory Lane by Nas
"illmatic" the 2nd best song off it. "illmatic" is the greatest album of all time even though it only has 10 tracks.
- 8. Nas Is Like by Nas
the best beat from nas
- 7. Phat Rabbit by Ludacris
this song is my favoriteludacris song
- 6. f**k You by Dr Dre feat Devin the Dude, Snoop Dogg
his best song off "2001"
- 5. Still Dre by Dr Dre feat Snoop Dogg
one of his greatest songs off "2001" (the album was released in 1999 though)
- 4. 2 Of Amerikas Most Wanted by Tupac feat Snoop Dogg
- 3. Kill You by Eminem
its his best song of the marshal mathers lp.
- 2. The World Is Yours by Nas
nas is my favorite rapper. out of all his songs i think this was the best.
- 1. 1.U Know by Xzibit feat Dr Dre
this song was never a single.i have no clue why. this is xzibit's best song and on top of that dre is in it.
if theres anybody who has never heard of all these songs you dont listen to good music.
- 10. Wanna Be by Spice Girls
Yes Yes I know some of you reading this think I am going straight to hell for putting this but "here's the story from A to Z" I remember people of every type singing this song in Jr. High. yeah maybe they were just making fun of it but they were still singing right along.
- 9. Don't Speak by No Doubt
Yeah back in the good ole days when Gwen and the boys rocked and could be found on alternative radio stations and not,yikes, pop ones. "hush hush darling"
- 8. Enter Sandman by Metallica
Let's just put it this way- the song itself can been seen like this "it's just the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head!"
- 7. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Oh, but pearl jam "unleashed a lion" with this song. "How could (we) forget?"
- 6. tied for Tha Crossroads/ I Believe I Can Fly by Bone, Thugs N-Harmony/ R. Kelly
Couldn't decide here seeing as they were the only 2 songs I heard my 7th grade year..I mean what's better: the long "flyyyyyyy" at the end that Kelly sings or the echo of "so you won't be lonely" in crossroads??? If you can decide you are a better person than I!
- 5. I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan
A perfect graduation song for anyone who graduated during that time.."it's funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word. oh we are screaming inside but we can't be heard" sounds a lot like gen x
- 4. Gangsta Paradise by Coolio
Who didn't wait anxiously in this song to sing along with "power in the money, money in the power, minute after minute, hour after hour?"
- 3. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith
One of the biggest love song of the 90s, hands down. So what if a meteor could have killed us all..we had Steven Tyler..which reminds me I should have mentioned "It's the End of the World As We Know It" by R.E.M...dang!
- 2. Ironic by Alanis Morissette
Because life is a bitch and we all know it, Alanis just made it more bareable. "It's like meeting the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife."
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Well, what can I say..yeah it's a great song (maybe not my personal fav. of the decade or even my fav. Nirvana song) but and I am positive my kids will be hearing it played on a classic rock station some day. Just hoping I don't have to explain what "libido" means to them??? yikes!
After weeks of coming back to this website at last I finished 86 pages of lists of y'alls top 10s...well I know some of these may not be the best to you personally actually they aren't to me either but they were completely done without any biases and they are strickly just the most popular songs of the 90s that I believe will remain with us whether for good or for bad. ;)HONORABLE MENTIONS: (I trust you know the artists so I won't name them for ya.) Lightning Crashes, Semi-Charmed Life, Freshmen, One Headlight, Iris, Peaches, All I Wanna Do, Song 2, Ice Ice Baby, Baby Got Back, Can't Touch This (bc they're parts of our guilty pleasure past). sighs
By: Noel Powell
- 10. Lightning Crashes by Live
I had to get some live on here since they were my favorite band in the 90's. (now they... well, suck)
- 9. Black Balloon by The Goo Goo Dolls
I'm ga-ga for goo goo dolls (sorry for that...)
- 8. #1 Crush by Garbage
Everyone song on Garbage's first two albums could be on this list. This was actually on Romeo + Juliet soundtrack.
- 7. Surrender by Trixter
(1990) Probably no one's heard this song. But everyone should try to before they die.
- 6. "Fading like a flower" and "Spending My Time" by Roxette
(I think this is 90's) Roxette was an amazing band. These songs are tied for me.
- 5. Return To Innocence by Enigma
Ahead of it's time. This is what music labeled "alternative" used to (and should) sound like. Now Alternative is synonymous with the Rock genre, which is retarded.
- 4. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
I remember Oasis saying they were going to be the biggest band ever. Idiots.
- 3. Zombie by The Cranberries
If you play this song in slow motion, it'll sound so beautiful it will make you cry
- 2. Today by The Smashing Pumpkins
Siamese Dream was the most amazing sound my ears had ever heard
- 1. With Or Without You by U2
The band may be a little overrated, but they do have a few really amazing songs
Other bands that never made a single bad song in the 90's are Stabbing Westward, Veruca Salt, K's Choice, Third Eye Blind, Weezer, Bush, and Our Lady Peace. (sadly, they all gave gotten worse)
- 10. Creep by Radiohead
No matter how many time you hear it, it's still great.
- 9. The Fly by U2
U2 became dirty and sleazy, the fly proved what a awesome band they are.
- 8. Last Good Bye by Jeff Buckley
Any man who can succesfully cross the smiths and led zep deserves repect.
- 7. Mo Money, Mo Problems by Kelies And Odb
A great party song.
- 6. You Could Be Mine by Guns N Roses
admit it when this came out you thought UYI was going to be better that AFD.
- 5. Oasis by Wonderwall
the UK's song of the 90's.
- 4. Sleep Now In The Fire by Rage Against The Machine
Pure anger against the corporation world, never a bad thing
- 3. My Name Is by Eminem
I find him to be annoying but you cant doubt his talent.
- 2. Love Spreads by The Stone Roses
Only made two albums, but damn they were good.
- 1. Down In A Hole by Alice In Chains
The best grunge band period, this song show cases jerry's guitar work and shows why layne's (RIP) vocals were 2nd to none
Nirvana were important but overrated Dirt, Nine inch nail should be in this list but I couldn't fit them in.
By: Garry Kane
- 10. Spaceman by Babylon Zoo
- 9. Born Slippy by Underworld
Reminds me of nights out with my mates
- 8. Footballs Coming Home by Lightning Seeds
Reminds me of that fantastic summer of 96
- 7. Wonderwall by Oasis
Reminds me of when oasis used to be good
- 6. Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang
- 5. No Sex by Limp Bizkit
Great song to listen to when feeling down
- 4. Song 2 by Blur
- 3. Breath by Prodigy
Nothing can get me going better than this song
- 2. Last Resort by Papa Roach
This song still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
A great song for a great time
- 10. Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails
- 9. Don't Speak by No Doubt
- 8. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
- 7. Basket Case by Green Day
- 6. Alive by Pearl Jam
- 5. Blackhole Sun by Sound Garden
- 4. Smashing Pumpkins by Disarm
- 3. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 2. Man In The Box by Alice In Chains
- 1. Dead and Bloated by Stone Temple Pilots
I stuck to the Alter/Rock Genre since 90's in general was too broad
- 10. Try by Nelly Frotato
- 9. Heartbreak Hotel by Whitney Huston
- 8. La Rumba by The Rza
- 7. Only Hope by Mandy More
- 6. Still The One by Shania Twain
- 5. Rap Super Star by Cypress Hill
- 4. Figured You Out by Nickelback
- 3. Safe In New York City by Ad/dc
- 2. Come On Mother F**kers by Nitoriouse Big
- 1. We Pop by The Rza Aka Bobby Digital
- 10. If I Had $1,000,000 by Barenaked Ladies
Well, _everyone_ knows this song, and I don't know anyone who doesn't crack up or at least smile every time it's played. Great snapshot of Canadianism.
- 9. The Impression that I Get by Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Great jazz-rock hybrid band, and I wish people would pay more attention to them.
- 8. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
I don't know what it is about this song, but I can't help but hum that violin riff whenever the timing is right.
- 7. Ironic by Alanis Morisette
OK, I hate this song, and the only ironic part about it is that it's not about irony (well, Alanis would like to think it is, but she should consult her dictionary) - but it put this Canadian vocalist on the map, and it proved popular everywhere, and she should be commended for that.
- 6. Song 2 by Blur
This song is _still_ played at many parties today, and its popularity has lasted well. That's good enough for me.
- 5. Apparitions by Matthew Good Band
An excellent song by the "other" (* Matthew* Band).
- 4. Karma Police by Radiohead
This song is just so surreal ... I love it.
- 3. Basket Case by Green Day
I had this song stuck in my head for several years after I heard it the first time.
- 2. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crash Test Dummies
I really like this song, it's just so great -- many have called the lyrics ironic, which is quite an interesting concept.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
I really don't think this spot requires much of an explanation.
Some of these songs may have only been popular here in Canada, so I'm sorry if some of these songs weren't popular anywhere else (and therefore some of you haven't heard them)
- 10. Bad Touch by Bloodheound Gang
sweat baby sweat baby
- 9. I Get Knocked Down by Chumbawumba
- 8. Hero by Chad Kroeger
hes a wimp, his band blows, but good song
- 7. It's My Life by Bon Jovi
im 16, this song still gets to me
- 6. Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2
im irish, get drunk to this!
- 5. Calm Like A Bomb by Rage Against The Machine
makes me wanna go shoot stuff...good song lol
- 4. Sanitarium by Metallica
- 3. 99 Red Balloons by Goldfinger
- 2. Balroom Blitz by The Sweet
- 1. Disarm by Smashin Pumpkins
got me laid
90s blew, give me a bag of shrroms and take me back to the 70's
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book