What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Scott Thornton
- 10. Jump! by Kris Kross
now, this song rocked!
- 9. Waterfall by TLC
Some way sexy gals pumping out their cool tunes with grace and elegance and at the same time coolness and a catchy hip hop style.
- 8. Somebodys Crying by Chris Isaak
Even though he has been around for years, every song he has produced has been a hit with me!
- 7. Man, i feel like a woman by Shania Twain
learning all the words to this far out song was not hard. Catchy with a good upbeat and lifting tune, man what a career has she set herself up for!
- 6. Picture of you by Boyzone
iii had a picture of you in my mind.... what a way cool hip song. it made me just want to boogy for hours!
- 5. G'day by Chris Kincaid with Robby
The sweetest song by an everlasting legend
- 4. When the doves cry by Quindon Taver
what can i say, he was 14 when he sang this, what a f***ing legend
- 3. Ironic by Alanis Morissette
Wow, this chick was definently someone great who made a massive impact on the ninetys. Her strong vocal chords and sexy looks i think, will always be remembered.
- 2. Men In Black by Will Smith
After his days as Jazzy Jeff, i think he became the icon of black rap-pop-r n b or whatever he wants to call it. He has GREAT looks and an even greater body..mmm...
- 1. Barbie Girl by Aqua
This is undoubtebly the best song of the ninetys or any other era. This song changed my views on girls and for a slight second i wanted to be a girl of the ninetys.
I didnt mention any hanson or spice girls songs cos they are too damn legendary to be on this list.... I LOVE SCARY SPICE! HANSON RULE! =^..^= meow
- 10. Jack-ass by Beck
Just another track on Odelay. Only it's perfect.
- 9. It's a Shame About Ray by Lemonheads
What's wrong with pop?
- 8. Caught by the Fuzz by Supergrass
Ooooh-wahhh-oooh...The Gallagher brothers have nothing on Supergrass.
- 7. C.R.E.A.M. by Wu Tang Clan
- 6. Buggin' by Flaming Lips
Perfect Beach Boys harmonies. Because that's what the kids love. Yes.
- 5. Supernova by Liz Phair
'Cause you're a human supernova, a solar superman, an angel with wings of fire...why do people subsidize Alanis Morrissette?
- 4. Tom Courtenay by Yo La Tengo
Mesmerizing and beautiful. "Julie Christie, the rumors are true..." Georgia's version is nicer.
- 3. My Mind Playin' Tricks on Me by Geto Boys
Terrifying and wonderful. Seriously fucked up.
- 2. Rape Me by Nirvana
'Cause he was Lennon and McCartney put together.
- 1. Birdhouse in Your Soul by They Might Be Giants
Rock on! I'm gonna get me a soda.
- 10. The World I Know by Collective Soul
I needed a little variety...
- 9. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
What can I say...it's a good song and the Chili Peppers are awesome
- 8. Wake Up by Rage Against The Machine
It was on the Matrix soundtrack...need I say more???
- 7. Intergalactic by Beastie Boys
It was hard to pick one...the beastie boys had a lot of great hits
- 6. One Week by Barenaked Ladies
- 5. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
An all around great song
- 4. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
This song was a definite classic!!
- 3. Are You Ready? by Creed
There are quite a few Creed songs that deserve to be on here but this one is my personal favorite.
- 2. Bush by Machinehead
Probably the closest contender to Nirvana
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Nothing else compares
I didn't want to put more than one for each artist...that made it really hard to choose though since all of them (excluding vanilla ice) had a lot of great songs!
- 10. BLACK by PEARL JAM
SHEETS OF EMPTY CANVASS.....
- 9. BUDDY HOLLY by WEEZER
EW I OH, I JUST LOOK LIKE BUDDY HOLLY, OH OH AND A MARY TYLER MOORE!
- 8. BLAVK HOLE SUN by SOUNDGARDEN
IN MY EYES, IN DIPOSE, IN DICIZES NO ONE KNOWS...BLACK HOLE SUN, WONT YOU COME, AND WASH AWAY WITH ME
- 7. GIVE IT AWAY by RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
ONE I GOT TO GOT TO GET IT PUT IT IN YOU....
- 6. ZOMBIE by THE CRANNBERRIES
IN YOUR HEAD, IN YOUR HEAD, THEY ARE FIGHTING, ZOMBIE! ZOMBIE!
- 5. MYSTERIOUS WAYS by U2
ITS ALRIGHT ITS ALRIGH, SHE MOVES, IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS!!!!
- 4. BULLET WITH BUTTERFLY WINGS by THE SMASHING PUMPKINS
DISPITE ALL MY RAGE IM STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE, SOMEONE WILL SAY WHAT IS WRONG CAN NEVA BE CHANGED!!!
- 3. BULLS ON PARADE by RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
RALLY ROUND YO FAMILY....WITH A POCKET FULL OF SHELLS
- 2. NO RAIN by BLIND MELON
AND ALL I CAN DO IS READ A BOOK TO SATAY AWAKE
- 1. PEPPER by BUTTHOLE SURFERS
I DONT MIND THE SUM SUM TIMES, EVEN IF IT SHOWS
- 10. Paradise City by Guns'n'Roses
Sure, '89, but a proto-alternative song
- 9. One Week by Barenaked Ladies
Its unique speed and guitaring make a distinctive 90s song
- 8. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
The lyrical ballad challanged what exactly was 'rock'
- 7. Man on the Moon by R.E.M.
Pick your R.E.M. song, but they helped create alternative music
- 6. Enter Sandman by Metallica
One of the greatest bands ever, their versatility and power are unmatched in the 90s
- 5. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
Trent Reznor single-handedly created industrial music with songs like these
- 4. Killing Me Softly by Fugees
Reshaped hip-hop from the days of Run D.M.C.
- 3. Ray of Light by Madonna
Fuck you, I like this song
- 2. A Tout Le Monde by Megadeth
If you haven't heard this song, DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT NOW. Written after a failed suicide, this is one of the greatest hard rock songs ever
- 1. Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band
You're thinking...hey, I like other songs better than this. But Crash marked the apex of 90s culture, before it slid into talentless bands like N'Sync. That's alternative music for you, folks.
By: claudia ivonne reyes salazar
- 10. just my imagination by the cranberries
- 9. bye bye bye by n´sync
- 8. ex girlfrend by no doubt
- 7. otherside by red hot chili peppers
- 6. make me bad by korn
- 5. take a picture by filter
- 4. all the small things by blink 182
- 3. I want you by savage garden
- 2. falling away from me by korn
- 1. the animal song by savage garden
this song is the best of the world
- 10. Come Out And Play by The Offspring
"Like the latest fashion, like a spreading disease, the kids are strappin' on their way to the classrooms, getting weapons with the greatest of ease."
- 9. Come As You Are by Nirvana
"Take your time, hurry up, the choice is yours, don't be late."
- 8. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
"King Jeremy the wicked ruled his world..."
- 7. Interstate Love Song by STP
"Leavin' on a Southern train, only yesterday you lied. Promises of what I seemed to be only watched the time go by..."
- 6. Everybody Hurts by REM
"Everybody hurts, and everybody cries... sometimes everything is wrong... but hang on."
- 5. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
"Our little group has always been and always will until the end."
- 4. Alive by Pearl Jam
"Son, have I got a little story for you..."
- 3. Plush by STP
"And I feel that time's a wasted go... so where ya going to tomorrow?"
- 2. Shimmer by Fuel
"We're here and now, but will we ever be again? 'Cause I have found all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade away again."
- 1. One by Creed
"The world is headed for mutiny, when all we want is unity. We may rise and fall, but in the end, we'll meet our fate together."
- 10. Jumper by Third Eye Blind
- 9. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 8. Interstate Love Song by STP
- 7. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 6. Lightning Crashes by Live
- 5. A Long December by Counting Crows
- 4. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
- 3. One of Us by Joan Osbourne
- 2. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
- 1. Time of Your Life by Green Day
- 10. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
- 9. Burden In My Hand by Soundgarden
- 8. Name by Goo Goo Dolls
- 7. One by U2
- 6. How's It Gonna Be by Third Eye Blind
- 5. Santa Monica by Everclear
- 4. Janie's Got A Gun by Aerosmith
- 3. Ordinary World by Duran Duran
- 2. When I Come Around by Green Day
- 1. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
A lot of these songs seem forgotten and I just wanted to make sure that they were mentioned...
- 10. Layla [unplugged] by Eric Clapton
The only Clapton song that I like.
- 9. I'll Stick Around by Foo Fighters
I DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really gets your blood running!
- 8. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
The most beautiful song of the 90s. Oasis is an alright band with this song as their masterwork.
- 7. Nothin' But A by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg
This is the song that got me into rap.
- 6. Killing Me Softly by The Fugees
One of the most talented groups of the 90s. A great remake of a great song.
- 5. Sabotage by Beastie Boys
This thing shows the Beasties can rock! And I mean rock HARD!
- 4. Loser by Beck
The funkiest lyrics ever! Beck is just the king of funk.
- 3. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
One of the catchiest rock songs ever. Perfect in every aspect.
- 2. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
Take back what I said about #8, this is the most beautiful song of the 90s. The song just grabs you and never lets go.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
I limited myself to one song from each band. Otherwise the whole list would've been Nirvana. This is THE song of the 90s. Everyone will remember this song. Long live Nirvana!!!!!
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book