What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Everybody Hurts by REM
I think this is their most popular songs, wait maybe losing my religion was bigger. Anyway good song and easy to sing to.
- 9. No Rain by Blind Melon
Have you seen the Pepsi commercial with this song. Its so cute. Well I just luv 90's songs in general
- 8. Thong Song by Sisqo
I never liked this song, but it was definitly a big hit for a short time.
- 7. Unpretty by TLC
I think a lot of people, not just girls, can relate to this song.
- 6. Sonny Came Home by Shawn Colvin
- 5. Smooth by Santana and Rob Thomas
Self explanitory. They won grammy's for this song.
- 4. Time of Your Life by Green Day
Who hasn't heard this song
- 3. Special by Garbage
not really a lot to say except Shirley Manson has a great voice. I actually think all of their songs were great.
- 2. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
I have to admit I am a big Stone Temple Pilots fan and this was their most popular song.
- 1. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
How can you not luv this song? The Wallflowers were one of the best bands of the 90's.
I think the 90's had the best variety of songs and it wasn't ruled by horrible rap and r&b.
By: Alex Fiore
- 10. About A Girl by Nirvana
- 9. Longview by Green Day
- 8. Lithium by Nirvana
- 7. Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 6. Peaches by Presidents Of The United States Of America
Haha pointless song but its awesome
- 5. What I Got by Sublime
- 4. By The Way by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 3. Rape Me by Nirvana
- 2. Can't Stop by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Great opening guitar
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
One of the best ever
Nirvana and Red Hot Chili Peppers ruled the 90s!
- 10. Poets by Tragically Hip
- 9. Heterosexual Man by The Odds
- 8. Megalomaniac by Incubus
- 7. Numb by Linkin Park
- 6. Satisfaction by Benny Benassi
- 5. Click Click Boom by Saliva
- 4. Awake by Godsmack
- 3. Fortune Faded by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 2. Baseline by Quarashi
- 1. Chop Suey by System of a Down
greatest band ever
- 10. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 9. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 8. Nothin But A G Thang by Snoop f. Dr. Dre
- 7. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrisette
- 6. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
- 5. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
- 4. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 3. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 2. Losing My Religion by R.E.M.
out there, no chorus, yet amazing
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 10. Vasoline by Stone Temple Pilots
Great song and group--hard tune
- 9. Pretty Fly For A White Guy by Offspring
Funny song from a cool bands
- 8. Hows It Gonna Be by Third Eye Blind
Good group...romantic songs
- 7. Gotta Get Away by Offspring
Awesome song by an awesome band
- 6. My Generation by Green Day
As i've said, one of the best bands ever!...Really Really great song! Should have been a hit like basket case and longview.
- 5. Fell On Black Days by Sound Garden
Sound Gardens whole album is boss...especially this one, spoonman, and black hole sun.
- 4. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
One of my favorite songs from Stone Temple Pilots.
- 3. Basket Case by Green Day
One of the best bands ever!
- 2. Come As You Are by Nirvana
Awesome Nirvana tune
- 1. Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger
Do these words ring a bell?..."I'm not sick but i'm not well...."--MY ANTHEM!
if u have any cool songs like these, dont hesitate to email me some
- 10. Man On The Moon by R.e.m
from (Automatic For The People - 1992)
- 9. All Alone by Mad Season
If you like jar of flies (from alice in chains) do'n lose mad season
- 8. You by Candlebox
one of seatle grunge group in 90's is candlebox and this song is thier highest song
- 7. My Own Prison by Creed
one of best song of creed
- 6. Nutshell by Alice In Chains
i have nothing to say
- 5. Rotten Apple by Alice In Chains
beacuse of layne sadness sound
- 4. Alive by Pearl Jam
- 3. Creep by Stone Temple Pilots
I love it!!!
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
one of the best song in 90's
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
just listen it!!!
By: poison oak
- 10. Hero by Foo Fighters
it WAS written for kurdt....no matter what david says
- 9. Tropicalia by Beck
beck is hott
- 8. No Excuses by Alice In Chains
- 7. Just Go Ahead Now by Spin Doctors
makes you wanna daaaaaance!
- 6. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
cant forget this one
- 5. 'Round Here by Counting Crows
- 4. The Bends by Radiohead
radiohead is amazing
- 3. Wake Up by Rage Against The Machine
I love rage.
- 2. Master Of Puppets by Metallica
- 1. All Apologies by Nirvana
I love music...nirvana is the best band of all time.
- 10. Another Sunday by I Mother Earth
- 9. Even Flow by Pearl Jam
- 8. Black by Sevendust
- 7. I'm Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage
- 6. Sober by Tool
- 5. Be Quiet And Drive by Deftones
- 4. Certain Shade Of Green by Incubus
- 3. Pennyroyal Tea by Nirvana
- 2. Reptile by Nine Inch Nails
- 1. Climbing Up The Walls by Radiohead
By: Funky Chick
- 10. Lets Talk About Sex by Salt And Pepper
helped cement my christian values and made me realise that god can see me when i touch myself but he cant hear me when i talk to myself
- 9. Moon And Back by Savage Garden
classic australian song, you can take me to the moon and back darryn you great hunk of spunk
- 8. Back For Good by Take That
saying farewell to them couldnt have been more beautiful
- 7. Sometimes by Britney Spears
i love how she forms a loveheart on the jetty.ts awesome
- 6. Achey Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cirus
i think he was brave
- 5. No Scrubs by Tlc
i think this song did alot for the revival of feminism in the 90's and gave me the self respect i neeeded to stop fornicating with randoms and join a christian rock group
- 4. Tubthumping by Chumbawmba
the best drinking song of the decade, just makes mewant to drink alone in bed and pass out than wake up listen to i touch myself and you know the rest of the story
- 3. Dream Lover by Mariah Carey
this reminds me of my totally spunky boyfriend as he is the only person ive heard hit an E (by squeezing his balls)
- 2. Because You Loved Me by Celine Dione
no one is as beuatiful and talented as celine....i am trying out for ameriican idol with her song. i even dress like her..same hair and everything
- 1. I Touch Myself by The Devniyls
this really helped me get throught the first confusing stages of puberty without feeling shameful.
i get pissed and have sex
- 10. Toy Soldiers by Martika
I'm pretty sure this song is from the early ninties. I remember a girl I used to play with sang it a lot. For some reason I've always really liked it.
- 9. Don't Cry by Guns N' Roses (w/Shannon Hoon)
I absolutely love this song. I love the way Shannon and Axl's voices come together. It's a great song.
- 8. Don't Follow by Alice in Chains
I was at camp and we were going to ride horses. One horse was named Alice, in Chains. I loved that horse.
- 7. February Stars by Foo Fighters
From The Colour and the Shape album. This song is a secret gem. So powerful, emotional and moving. You can almost hear his heart breaking. Every song on that album is brilliant. Every song on every Foo Fighters album is brilliant. Could have easily been "Everlong" "Hey! Johnny Park" "Monkey Wrench" or "Walking After You".
- 6. Little Heaven by Toad the Wet Sprocket
I love this song. Immensely.
- 5. Round Here by Counting Crows
I really couldn't decide whether to put Round Here or Mr. Jones, but I've seen Mr. Jones in some of the lists, so I chose the former. Great song, quite sad.
- 4. Until I Fall Away by Gin Blossoms
Again, I chose this song because it's my personal favorite, but it could be interchangable. Gin Blossoms were a great band and I'm actually glad they quit while they were ahead because the way music has gone since, they would have been ruined. This song is very powerful.
- 3. Where did you Sleep Last Night? by Nirvana
I chose this song because it's personal to me, but it's interchangable with any song by Nirvana. Absolutely the most influential band of the decade.
- 2. No Rain by Blind Melon
This is one that we literally sat around the TV watching MTV and waiting for the video to come on.
- 1. There's No Need to Argue by The Cranberries
Moving. I don't think there's anything else I can really say about this song. One of my all-time favorites.
These are in no particular order and I've left off so many good ones. Mostly I just picked bands from the ninties that I loved, and the songs I loved by them. I've noticed a lot of these lists contain songs that aren't from the ninties at all, and some songs aren't even correct in title or band. I'm sure my list is accurate as far as these errors go.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book