What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Brad Jackson
- 10. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 9. Stinkfist by Tool
- 8. Machine Head by Bush
- 7. Glycerine by Bush
- 6. Come As You Are by Nirvana
- 5. Tomorrow by Silver Chair
Once again, wow!
- 4. Anthem For The Year 2000 by Silver Chair
- 3. Lithium by Nirvana
- 2. Creep by Radio Head
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Nirvana, nuf said
Rock on! nirvana rocks, its a shame that kurt did what he did!
- 10. Never Lie by Immature
Immature was (and still is) my favorite group in the 90's....I basically grew up with them.
- 9. All Cried Out by Allure feat. 112
Beautiful love song.
- 8. Red Light Special by TLC
That was one of my favorite songs in '95.
- 7. Who Can I Run To by Xscape
I'm still crazy about that song!
- 6. Weak by SWV
I LOVE that song!
- 5. Mo Money, Mo Problems by Notorious B.I.G feat. Puff Daddy & Mase
That was the JAM in '97!
- 4. All My Life by K-ci & Jo Jo
Sweet, sweet love song.
- 3. Feel The Funk by Immature
This song was on the "Dangerous Minds" Soundtrack....Immature was sooo fine!
- 2. California Love by Tupac Shakur
Tupac was HOTT...need I say more?
- 1. Waterfalls by TLC
Everyone should listen to this song because it sends an important message about domestic violence and unsafe sex.
Immature is still around today, only their name changed to IMx...2 of the members are doing their solo albums, Marques Houston(from "Sister, Sister") and Young Rome(used to be Romeo)....check out Marques' album "MH", and look out for Young Rome's album "Food For Thought" in June!
- 10. Another Night by Real Mccoy
Kinda a chick song, but brings back childhood memories
- 9. Peaches by The Presidents Of The United States Of America
Dumb lyrics can make good songs
- 8. Whoomp There It Is by Tag Team
Played basketball to this every day as a kid in the driveway
- 7. Black Hole Sun by Soungarden
More of a depressing song but it was rock and i saw the Mtv music video everyday almost
- 6. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Great Adrenaline song
- 5. Just Go Ahead Now by Spin Doctors
Nice care free sing a long song not to sound cheesy or nothin
- 4. Run Around by Blues Traveler
I taped this on my radio all the time back in the day
- 3. I Swear by All For One
Good song to play with chicks around
- 2. Kiss From A Rose by Seal
Very unique and fresh sound
- 1. Feel Me Flow by Naughty By Nature
Not as popular as regulate or gin and juice but since seeing 8 mile I've been addicted to this song
- 10. Teeth Like God's Shoe-Shine by Modest Mouse
Deal with it.
- 9. I Was A Teenage Hand Model by Queens of the Stone Age
YES! They were around before "No One Knows" came about...jerk.
- 8. Shady Lane by Pavement
Stephen Malkmus(lead singer), has to be one of the best lyricists in rock history.
- 7. Prick by Tripping Daisy
If you've never even heard of this band, then you are exactly what the song says.
- 6. Creep by Radiohead
It's about me, except i CAN get the chicks...i wish...
- 5. Plowed by Sponge
A song worth hearing once or twice...before it gets so boring you want to tear your eyeballs the hell out...i don'y even know why it's on here then...i changed my mind, let's go with another Nirvana song...i don't know In Bloom or something...yeah that one.
- 4. Big Dipper by Built To Spill
Find it. Listen to it. Do it. Now.
- 3. Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 2. Beetlebum by Blur
Excellent song from a bunch of bloody wankers.
- 1. No Surprises by Radiohead
awesome f**king song, if you haven't heard it, then may i suggest suicide?
By: Sheryl and Kamille
- 10. Ice, Ice, Baby by Vanilla Ice
- 9. The Sign by Ace of Base
- 8. U Cant Touch This by MC Hammer
and the fun hammer pants tooo!
- 7. Barbie Girl by Aqua
- 6. The Macarena by Los Del Rio
- 5. Killing Me Softly by the Fugees
- 4. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 3. Janie's Got a Gun by Aerosmith
- 2. Goodbye Earl by Dixie Chicks
this song is the best!
- 1. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
... and I dont even like 'rap'
- 10. Good Day For Dying by Eskobar
- 9. 7 Tage, 7 N�chte by Sportfreunde Stiller
- 8. Nothings Else Matters by Metallica
- 7. Otherwise by Morcheeba
- 6. Godless by Dandy Warhols
- 5. Loser by Beck
- 4. Hotel California by Eagles
- 3. 60 Miles An Hour by New Order
- 2. Eels by Rags To Rags
- 1. Fixing My Brain by Brad Sucks
Some songs might be from earlier... or later :) but i really love them. ENJOY
- 10. Shook Ones Pt. II by Mobb Deep
represents what gangsta rap SHOULD be
- 9. Bow Down by Westside Connection
make them other fools bow down...
- 8. What's My Name? by DMX
this song is the greatest getting ready to play a sport/fight song ever
- 7. Warning by Notorious B.I.G
incredibly creative rhyming by the king
- 6. I Wonder if Heaven has a Ghetto by 2Pac
very deep song, excerpts used on "Changes"
- 5. C.R.E.A.M by Wu-Tang
a song that you don't have to like rap to enjoy, made the term "cream" (=money) much more popular
- 4. Today was a Good Day by Ice Cube
great to just lay back in your ride and listen to
- 3. Duel of the Iron Mic by GZA (no bands on this list)
Chorus by ODB, beautiful piano in the background
- 2. Nas is Like by Nas
Nas is the greatest!
- 1. NY State of Mind by Nas
read the lyrics... buy the cd... better than drugs (illmatic)
hope you liked my list, not enough room to put all my favorite songs... if you like the same songs i do and have some suggestions or want to know more that i like drop me a line
- 10. Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
get into it
- 9. La Femme D'argent by Air
best chill track ever
- 8. 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 7. Who Got The Funk by The Streets
what a bunch of wacky barneys!
- 6. Mellowship Slinky In B Major by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 5. Fuel by Ani Difranco
ani is the best all of her albums are sick shes so brilliant
- 4. Betterman by John Butler Trio
this song is sick
- 3. Sleep Now In The Fire by Rage Against The Machine
- 2. Subterranean Homesick Blues by Bob Dylan/red Hot Chili Peppers
this song is by bob dylan and it kicks, but the chilis did a cover on the uplift mofo party plan and its awesome
- 1. Scar Tissue by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
got alot of personal bonds to this song.. appriciate!
these arnt my favourite songs as such.. just a whole lot i enjoy and i can think of right now.. but scar tissue and sleep now in the fire are definately up there, and 1979
By: TJ Shaw
- 10. Kiss From a Rose by Seal
- 9. Super Hero by Matchbox Twenty
- 8. How's it Going be? by Matchbox Twenty
- 7. The Freshman by Matchbox Twenty
- 6. Lightning Crashes by Live
- 5. Crash Into Me by Dave Mathews Band
- 4. Apple Shampoo by Blink 182
- 3. Let Her Cry by Hootie and the Blowfish
- 2. Brainstew by Green Day
- 1. Champayne Supernova by Oasis
By: Dustin Hesseltine
- 10. Man On The Moon by REM
- 9. Birdhouse in Your Soul by They Might Be Giants
My other favorite song when I was little.
- 8. Woke Up This Mornin' by The Alabama 3
The SOPRANOS theme song. An excellant song.
- 7. Rock is Dead by Marilyn Manson
Off the MATRIX soundtrack, again, thick, layered, flowing rock that still manages to be a little awkward.
- 6. Connected by Stereo MC's
My favorite song when I was little.
- 5. Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode
The extended version off the album VIOLATOR is amazing.
- 4. Sex Type Thing by Stone Temple Pilots
It flows very nicely. It's not just mindless noise, it is layered, thick and flowing.
- 3. Safe In New York City by AC/DC
They play this one at hockey games a lot.
- 2. Fuel by Metallica
- 1. Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode
There are very few perfect songs, and this is one of them.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book