What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Orgy by Stiches
I Like THE NUDE CHICK
- 9. Tonight Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
The Band iS just So cool man.
- 8. Ear Ache in my Eye by Cheech and Chong
This song is Histarical ands Cheech and Chong RULE ALL!
- 7. Sour Girl by Stone Temple Pilots
It has alot of Blck light and Awesome vocals
- 6. come to daddy by Aphex Twin
It is a rough awesome Techno Beat to it
- 5. afraid of americans by David Bowie
The reason why i like this music video is because Trent Reznor form nine inch nails is in it.
- 4. New Pollution by Beck
This Song has an Awesome Jazz Beat to it and has awesome dance scenes
- 3. Perfect Drug by Nine inch Nails
The music video ROCKS
- 2. Sundown by ElWood
This song perfectly describes the Lazy Hazy summer's that just drag on and on.
- 1. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
This song has influenced many new upcoming artist's "At the drive in", and "Dead Wives Club" to become gothic grundge rock and dedicate thei music to this awesome song and band
TRENT REZNOR IS GOD OF ALL MUSIC.
- 10. One by U2
- 9. Don't wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
- 8. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 7. Only God knows Why by Kid Rock
- 6. Longview by Greenday
- 5. Better Man by Pearl Jam
- 4. Turn the Page by Metallica
- 3. R.E.M. by Everbody Hurts
- 2. Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. November Rain by Guns &Roses
I feel theses are the 10 best songs of the decade! They totally rock!!!
- 10. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
- 9. Letting the Cables Sleep by Bush
- 8. Sister by Nixons
- 7. Bent by Matchbox Twenty
- 6. Anna's Song by Silverchair
- 5. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
- 4. Cryin by Aerosmith
- 3. Lightning Crashes by Live
- 2. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 1. One by U2
honorable mention: Smashing Pumpkins-1979, Red Hot Chili Peppers-Under the Brige, Stone Temple Pilots-Interstate Love Song, Counting Crows-Mr. Jones, Verve Pipe-Freshmen, Verve-Bittersweet Symphony, Tonic-If you could only see, Wallflowers-One headlight, Everclear-Everything to Everyone, Chili Peppers-Aeroplane, RadioHead-Creep, U2-Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me, Collective Soul-Heavy, and of course Bob and Tom's Prison Bitch
- 10. Be with you by Mr. Big
- 9. Santeria by Sublime
- 8. Far Behind by Candlebox
- 7. Loser by Beck
- 6. She Talks to Angels by Black Crowes
- 5. Buddy Holly by Weezer
- 4. Creep by Radiohead
- 3. Dammit by Blink 182
- 2. Change by Blind Melon
- 1. Brian Wilson by Barenaked Ladies
- 10. Pyatnitsa by Detsl
Detsl rules the world
- 9. Kto Ti by Detsl
Detsl is awesome
- 8. Princessa by Detsl
Yeah, Detsl kicks ass
- 7. Boyz in the Hood by Dynamite Hack
They kick ass yo
- 6. Route Venus by Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon could kick your ass
- 5. Sailor Stars Theme by Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon kicks ass
- 4. Vecherinka by Detsl
- 3. Slezi by Detsl
Detsl kicks ass
- 2. Nugen Tolko Bit by Detsl
Detsl rules, russian rap kicks ass
- 1. My Own Worst Enemy by Lit
I LOVE DETSL AND I AM AMERICAN
- 10. When I Come Around by Greenday
I'd say Greenday is the one band that most reminds me of my high school years. This is my favorite song of theirs. It makes me feel like I'm 15 again. Yeah! A very 90's band.
- 9. Unbelievable by EMF
Is this not the ultimate 90's song? I love how it just starts off with a bang. It's a very nostalgic song for me, but I also love it just because it's a great song.
- 8. Losing My Religion by REM
Such an intensely good song! Beautiful. I also love "Try Not To Breathe" from the "Automatic for the People" album. When Michael Stipe sang "It's crazy what you could've had..." it meant a lot to me.
- 7. Battle of Who Could Care Less by Ben Folds Five
What a great song! Puts me in a good mood. I'm always happy to hear piano in pop songs, and Ben Folds can really play. "Whatever and Ever Amen" is a terrific album.
- 6. Expectations by Belle and Sebastian
This is a nearly perfect song off probably the most spectacular first album ever (The recently re-released "Tigermilk.") A song about an unpopular girl dealing with the troubles of everyday life at work and school. Stuart Murdoch's sweet little voice is wonderful. Bless this album, everyone should have it. You need it!
- 5. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
One of the best Smashing Pumpkins songs from back when they were my favorite band. Certainly a classic song and very much of it's time. Takes me back to ninth grade!
- 4. Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode
I remember dancing in my garage to this song when I was 10 years old! Such a great song of an awesome CD.
- 3. Too many songs to list! by Radiohead
Oh God, I can't pick one! Radiohead is such a genius band. I love so many of their songs, but "Street Spirit," "Paranoid Android," "Karma Police," "Creep," and "Just" stand out. Certainly one of the best bands ever.
- 2. Seeing Other People by Belle and Sebastian
Wow, I love this song. It puts a huge smile on my face and I could listen to it over and over again forever! "You're kissing your elbow, you're kissing your reflection, and you can't understand why all the other boys are going for the new, tall, elegant rich kids..." See, I'm already happy! Just about equally good off the same album ("If You're Feeling Sinister) is "Stars of Track and Field." One of my favorite albums of the 90's and ever from this Scottish band. Check them out!
- 1. Seasick Yet Still Docked by Morrissey
This is such an amazing song. It is very sad yet uplifting in the way that I could relate to it. Morrissey (and the Smiths) are my absolute favorite of all time. "I am a poor, freezingly cold soul...so far from where I intended to go." I can't limit myself to one song, really. I also love "Now My Heart is Full," "Speedway," "There is a Place In Hell for Me and My Friends," "Jack the Ripper," the list goes on and on! Morrissey is my favorite 90's artist, hands down. No one comes close to making me feel the way he does. I can't relate to anyone's songs the way I relate to Morrissey. I absolutely love him!
I couldn't fit them but how about: "Virtual Insanity" - Jamiroquai, "Loser" - Beck, the entire album "Very" by the Pet Shop Boys, "Spooky" - New Order, and so much more stuff I can't even remember! Honorable mention to the brilliant self-titled album by the Stone Roses which actually came out in 1989 but is very 90's. I omitted Nirvana and Pearl Jam, even though I really like Nirvana and Pearl Jam meant the world to me years ago. They are sort of a given and I didn't want to take up space on my list!
- 10. california love by 2pac
- 9. me against the world by 2pac
- 8. jump around by house of pain
- 7. wu-tang clan by protect ya neck
- 6. k-ci and jojo by all my life
- 5. stayin alive by n-trance
- 4. on bended knee by boyz 11 men
- 3. ice ice baby by vanilla ice
- 2. Tha Crossroads by Bone thugs n harmony
- 1. killing me softly by the fugees
- 10. Red by Treble Charger
This is one of the few bands that can rock AND churn out a ballad with equal brillance. It's a great song by a great Canadian band!
- 9. Christiansands by Tricky
You can get much more innovative than Tricky. This song is so unbelievably original that it transports you to another dimension when you listen to it. One of the great electronic/trip-hop songs of the decade.
- 8. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
Cringe if you must, but this is THE power ballad of the decade - everyone's heard it, everyone knows it, and no one can forget it. There's something to Celine Dion's voice in this song that is especially magical, it's drenched in emotion. This song will forever be representative of the late 1990's.
- 7. California Love by Tupac and Dr. Dre
This song brought two of the greatest rappers together at the height of gangsta rap's popularity. It works on every level, and is quite possibly one of the greatest rap songs ever.
- 6. November Rain/Don't Cry by Guns 'n Roses
It was way too hard to choose between these classic GnR tunes! November Rain has an epic quality to it, and there's a great juxtaposition between hard and soft in Don't Cry. Both songs represent a great time in the band's history and go a long way in showing why GnR are one of the best.
- 5. I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys
Whether you dig teen pop or not, this is a song that (almost) everyone likes and can agree on. It's a classic in its own right - the musical arrangement and vocals just sparkle, and it's one TRUE gem in a sea of late-90's generic pop crap.
- 4. Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins
I could have made an entire top ten list out of the Pumpkins, but this song from the Siamese Dream-era represents the band at their absolute creative peak. It's so original and utterly haunting...it's the one song that consistently gives me the shivers upon every listen. Billy Corgan's vocals express a million sentiments.
- 3. Ray of Light by Madonna
This song proved - once again - why Madonna is the best and why no one else will ever touch her prowess (nice try Britney, give it up).
- 2. One by U2
Quite possibly the band's masterpiece...haunting, inspiring, brilliant. Bono's vocals get inside you.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This song changed the entire musical landscape of the 1990's, much like the Beatles did in the 1960's. Who can forget that opening guitar, or Kurt Cobain's pained, growling vocals? This song IS the 90's.
While I LOVE all the songs on this list, they aren't necessarily my favorites from the 1990's. But, I feel that all these songs had special significance in their genres (rock, pop, rap, etc) or represented a time or feeling in popular culture, and that's how I made my list :)
- 10. give it away by rhcp
- 9. losing my religion by rem
- 8. celebrety skin by hole
- 7. unforgiven2 by metallica
- 6. song2 by blur
- 5. 1979 by smashing pumpkins
- 4. always by bon jovi
- 3. basket case by greenday
- 2. zombie by cranberries
- 1. smells like teen spirit by nirvana
NIRVANA is the best best best band..............
I would like to put ten songs of NIRVANA but the first comment tells everything
By: Todd Grace
- 10. ice cie baby by vanilla ice
cool rap music
- 9. cailin by unwritten law
good new age punk rock
- 8. time of your life by green day
extrmely good accoustic music by one of the best punk bands ever
- 7. gurilla radio by rage against the machine
- 6. killing me softly by tha fugees
good music very attractive music
- 5. hail hail by pearl jam
cool song from one of the most influencial bands of the 90's
- 4. enter sandman by metallica
awsome rock music
- 3. he got game by public enemy
cool easy listing song with a a legend of music
- 2. dammit by blink 182
awsome fast beat song
- 1. smells like teen spiriit by nirvana
what can i say
how can you listen to teeny poppy
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book