What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. WannaBe by Spice Girls
it wouldnt be the 90's without the spic girls and you cant tell me no...
- 9. Scream by Michael And Janet Jackson
forces of nature combine to make something magical..at least in my opinion..
- 8. Hero by Mariah Carey..
one of the greatest songss that still haunts me everytime i hear it today..
- 7. Smells Like Teen Spirit.. by Nirvana
great song..changes music forever..
- 6. Everything I Do I DO for you.. by Bryan Adams
another great love song..
- 5. Kiss From a Rose by Seal
one of the best love songs of the 90's..
- 4. Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morrisette
- 3. The Sign by Ace of Base
- 2. You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morrissette
who knew she was talkin about uncle joey from Full House?? intresting...think about the lyrics about goin down in the movie theatre...ewwwww..=(
- 1. I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys
..okay...guilty pleasure..but pop was great in the 90's and this was the best pop song in my opinion
- 10. Everlong / I'll Stick Around by Foo Fighters
GROHL IS GOD!The Foos are so insane and I just couldn't chose between these two songs. I'll Stick Around proved to the world that Dave was no singing Ringo and Everlong, the amazing song it is, showed everyone that the Foos were not just some Nirvana money making scheme.
- 9. Bitter Sweet Sympathy by The Verve
I love how the worlds of rock and classical music come together, its just great and those violins.
- 8. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chillie Peppers
The best song by this great band.
- 7. Song 2 by Blur
What a song! Such energy, its just so awesome.
- 6. Miss World by Hole
Like Mr. Vedder, I am not the biggest Mrs. Love Cobain fan either. This song however is devine and is the best represenation of myself in a song ever.I just clicked with it.
- 5. Come As You Are by Nirvana
The haunting bass intro in this song makes it immortal and also the irony behind the line "and I don't have a gun".
- 4. Kool Thing by Sonic Youth
Sonic Youth's music still remains awesome even today!
- 3. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This song just represents what the ninties were for me. Nirvana bought alt. music into mainstream and killed hair metal for a good long time,SLTS expanded the minds of genertaion X as it was the anthem.
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
I am not a fan of Mr. Vedder but, this song was so matched to his vocals that it came off so superb that it has stayed with me forver.
- 1. Heart-shaped Box by Nirvana
There is just something about this song... I can't put my finger on it but, it just screamed what was built up and hidden inside at the time.Also, the video was haunting with those close ups of Kurt's eyes. The song just makes you wanna jump.
GROHL IS GOD! Sorry! Well the music of the 90's was the best, the pureness of the rock and grunge. It's such a pitty that most of those music styles have died, but the songs live on forever...... Did I mention that GROHL IS GOD!
- 10. Stay by Shakespear`s Sister
Romantic, tragic, beautiful.
- 9. I`ll Stand By You by Pretenders
From 70s to 90s, and they are still greate...
- 8. Mary Jane`s Last Dance by Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
You must hear this...
- 7. November Rain by Guns N` Roses
What can I say, I am just a mortal listener.
- 6. Losing My Religion by Rem
- 5. Drugs Dont Work by The Verve
Havent you had raining mornings, long workdays, when all you want to do is to listen to The Verve and to hear this song again and over again.
- 4. Thursday`s Child by David Bowie
First time I heard it, I thought- what a nightmare! But after all- I just can`t forget this song.
- 3. Wind Of Changes by Scorpions
Have You ever heard this song originally performed in russian language? Little problems with pronunciation.
- 2. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
Respect- and nothing else.
- 1. These Are The Days Of Our Lives by Queen
In the 1991, this song was magnificent conclusion for Queen- greatest band ever made- with all four members together. (Only the good die young).
Please, whenever you read this, don`t take it serious. It is only just the way I think. P.S. And it is 02:18 AM when I am writing this. Thank you for any attention my list had. Odria.
By: Jason Jenkins
- 10. Nuthin' But A G Thang by Snoop Dogg Ft. Dr. Dre
- 9. No Rain by Blind Melon
No matter what genre of music you listen to, you liked this song.
- 8. Soul To Squeeze by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Don't deny the delightfulness of this delicate tune.
- 7. Enter Sandman by Metallica
Giving angry kids something to scream along with since '91
- 6. Hold My Hand by Hootie And The Blowfish
I would have had Hootie's babies...actually I still would.
- 5. Higher by Creed
When Creed was acceptable, I liked this song.
- 4. U Can't Touch This by M.c. Hammer
oh yes. oh yes. oh snapz.
- 3. Smells Like Teens Spirit by Nirvana
This song along, killed the hairband era, need I say more.
- 2. Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
I don't care who you are...you sang along with this song when it came on the radio.
- 1. Stacked Actors by Foo Fighters
The song the Foos didn't get enough recognition for..
...when i dip....you di..p?...we..d..d..dip? ok.
- 10. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
- 9. Pepper by Butthole Surfurs
- 8. Adams Song by Blink 182
- 7. Epic by Faith No More
- 6. Down In A Hole by Alice In Chains
- 5. The Distance by Cake
- 4. Make Me Bad by Korn
- 3. In Bloom by Nirvana
- 2. Big Emtpy by Stone Temple Pilots
- 1. Schism by Tool
NONE OF MY SONGS ARE IN ANY ORDER
By: Brandon Henry
- 10. Move Somethin' by 2 Live Crew
that was a good song in the 1980's and it should make its way to launch.yahoo.com as a video
- 9. Wanksta by 50 Cent
pretty good not so bad it sounded alright
- 8. 99 Problems by Jay Z
A very good song should make its way to the top 100
- 7. Back That Ass Up by Juvenile
this is good and it sounds so good that the video was much better then I thought should go on its way to launch.yahoo.com
- 6. Encore by Jay Z
the greatest song I've ever wanted to listen to all the time
- 5. Symphony Vol.1 by Marley Marl
the best beat and good rapper and I like what he says I just heard it today
- 4. Slippin' by Dmx
good song good beat in this song he just does it nice and slow
- 3. Award Tour by A Tribe Called Quest
the best song good beat and should appear too at launch.yahoo.com as a good video
- 2. Big Ole Butt by Ll Cool J
another good song should also appear on launch.yahoo.com as a video
- 1. Baby Got Back by Sir-mix-alot
the best song should this on launch.yahoo.com as a video
- 10. Say It Aint So by Weezer
these guys don't get enough play
- 9. Wonderwall by Oasis
we all hate to admit we liked this band
- 8. Bitter Sweet Symphony by Verve
- 7. More Than Words by Extreme
we all knew the words to this one too
- 6. Strong Enough by Sheryl Crow
i wasn't the only one who made up this list
- 5. A Long December by Counting Crows
just another sad one
- 4. Shimmer by Fuel
It's a love song.
- 3. Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue
Mediocre, but we all knew the words.
- 2. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
Who can forget this one?
- 1. Brick by Ben Fold Five
sad but sweet
- 10. Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz
- 9. Selling The Drama by Live
- 8. Tommy The Cat by Primus
- 7. Mysterious Ways by U2
- 6. Whatcha Want by Beastie Boys
- 5. Man In The Box by Alice In Chains
- 4. Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 3. 1979 by Smashing Pumkins
- 2. Alive by Pearl Jam
- 1. Lithium by Nirvana
- 10. Blind by Korn
Although "Daddy" is (IMHO) the best song from this CD, Blind is much easier to digest
- 9. Possum Kingdom by Toadies
Very underrated song - love the band, love the song
- 8. Sober by Tool
- 7. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Loved the song when it came out - now its played out but still a great song
- 6. Frizzle Fry by Primus
One of those funny little ditties
- 5. Sir Pshycho Sexy by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Makes me smile every time in a perverted, demented kind of way
- 4. Fade Into You by Mazzy Star
A beautiful song - great for late nights with a date ;)
- 3. Startin' Up A Posse by Anthrax
A nice commentary on the censorship that was running rampant in the early nineties (think 2 Live Crew)
- 2. Song #2 by Blur
Just a happy bouncy song, but I still love it
- 1. F---ing Hostile by Pantera
Was the 'theme song' for Headbanger's Ball at one time - great song to rock out to
The 90's were a great time in music... although there were the usual boring "artists" (Mariah Carey, e.g.), it was a time of real growth and change in 'real' music
- 10. MMMBop by Hanson
So I like Hanson, you got a problem?
- 9. Glycerine by Bush
<3 Gavin Rossdale
- 8. Creep by Radiohead
- 7. Wrong Way by Sublime
Heh. What a story it ahd to it, huh?
- 6. The Way by Fastball
This song speaks for itself.
- 5. Breathe by Prodigy
Freakiest Song Ever. The video was absoutely awesome.
- 4. Losing My Religion by REM
This one made me love REM
- 3. Smell Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
<3 Kurt Cobain
- 2. Standing Outside a Broken Phonebooth With Money In by Primitive Radio Gods
Not many people remember this song, but it is wonderful.
- 1. November Rain by Guns N Roses
Best Band Ever....is there more to say? I think not.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book