What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Chip Selle
- 10. Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 9. Triumph by Wu-tang
- 8. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 7. Gin And Juice by Dr. Dre
who knew dre would sign a white boy
- 6. Slam by Onyx
lat the boys be boys
- 5. Insane In The Brain by Cypress Hill
- 4. Shimmy Shimmy Ya by Old Dirty Bastard
ooo baby I like it raw!
- 3. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
- 2. Rosa Parks by Outkast
- 1. Santeria by Sublime
Did everyone forget about Bradley?
its impossible to name all the top songs of the 90s in one little top ten list so this is my sorry attempt.
- 10. Just A Girl by No Doubt
The R.E.M. song "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" was remade by No Doubt.
- 9. I Will Be Your Friend by Amy Grant
It's very nice to make friends.
- 8. Last Night by Az Yet
Az Yet covered Chicago's, "Hard For Me To Say I'm Sorry".
- 7. Sunday Morning by No Doubt
The band U2 is much better than the band No Doubt. No Doubt's, "Don't Speak" was the worst song of the 90's. I like every song of the 80's.
- 6. End Of The Road by Boys II Men
How is that song?
- 5. Kiss Me by Six Pence None The Richer
Sixpence None The Richer stole a song from the La's. It's called "There She Goes".
- 4. Hard To Say I'm Sorry by Az Yet & Peter Cetera
That song is OK, but I like the original by Chicago better.
- 3. Distant Sun by Crowded House
One of my favorite songs by Crowded House is "Don't Dream It's Over".
- 2. Lucky One by Amy Grant
Her songs are close to the 80's.
- 1. Don't Speak by No Doubt
That was the worst song of the 90's! "Don't speak, I know what you're thinking, so please stop explaining", I don't like No Doubt. It's sucks.
By: Midgard's Messiah
- 10. Moneytalks by AC/DC
Another band who has yet to make a song I hate.
- 9. Tanz Mit Laibach by Laibach
The only techno song I've ever had any respect for. It's great.
- 8. Sonne by Rammstein
A Beautiful song. These guys have yet to make a song I dont like.
- 7. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
It's Nirvana. Nuff said.
- 6. The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson
One of his best songs, and a pinnacle of morbid happiness.
- 5. Mother Machine Gun by Mushroomhead
To hell with Slipknot. These guys are the real deal.
- 4. St. Anger by Metallica
Proof that while Metallica may be a bunch of over-aged, greedy MTV-sellouts, they still make damn good music.
- 3. Sehnsucht by Rammstein
Same as above, plus these guys' lyrics are that to rival with the crap that bands sing today.
- 2. Du Hast by Rammstein
The German language was just made for Heavy Metal/Industrial. It's perfect.
- 1. mOBSCENE by Marilyn Manson
Dis guy is the shiznit. No contest. This song's what turned me into a goth.
These are somewhat biased. I hate all pop, rap, and poprock songs, no matter what.
- 10. Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex
- 9. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Spooky... but hot!
- 8. Wicked Games by Chris Isak
The sexiest both video and song of 90's! No - of all times!!!
- 7. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
It just catches all the spirit of 90's! Rest in peace Curt! We still love ya!
- 6. Smooth by Santana Feat. Rob Thomas
Now I'm already melted
- 5. Kissed By A Rose by Seal
Oooh, I'm just melting...
- 4. Angels by Robbie Williams
I'm loving Robbie instead...
- 3. Ironic by Alanis Morissette
Isn't it ironic that nobody included this totally genius song!!!
- 2. Torn by Natalie Imbrulia
I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn! Just brilliant!
- 1. Coolio by Gangasta's Paradise
Oooh please - isn't that the anthem of 90's?
- 10. Kiss The Rain by Billie Meyers
- 9. Only Wanna Be With You by Hootie and the Blowfish
- 8. What's My Age Again? by Blink 182
- 7. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
- 6. Brick by Ben Folds Five
- 5. It's All For You by Sister Hazel
- 4. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
- 3. Hangin' Around by Counting Crows
- 2. Freshmen by The Verve Pipe
- 1. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
i'd just like to say, that these songs rock my socks.. still .
- 10. Where The Streets Have No Name by U2
the street directory here is very confusing.
- 9. Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
a symphony which is bitter and sweet. genious!
- 8. Sweater by Eskimo Joe
deserved to b a bit higher. but lets face it an eskimo would give his left arm for any sweater. preferably one with only one armhole.
- 7. Song 2 by Blur
defo looking forward to song 3
- 6. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
well it does smell like teen spirit. well it does.
- 5. Holy Grail by Hunters And Collectors
the holy grail. what more can one say. about a song. that is good.
- 4. Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger
a classic. harvey must be happy.
- 3. Laid by James
good name ay? ay?
- 2. Tomorrow by Silverchair
by far the best band of the 90s. no shit.
- 1. Dammit by Blink 182
best song of the 90s
special mention must go out to britney spears for supplying the world with music that makes my list look good and also for being hot.
By: John Quezada
- 10. Hunger Strike, Say Hello To Heaven by Temple of The Dog
Say hello to heaven was written for Layne Staley of Alice In Chains when he passed away 8 years exactly after Kurt Cobain died. Hunger Strike - duet with Eddie V. (Pearl Jam) and Chris C. (Soundgarden)...awesome. song.
- 9. Come Original, Down by 311
Great orignal band. How bout this, mix reggae, rap, rock, jazz and punk into one band and out comes 311.
- 8. Big Empty, Plush, Creep by Stone Temple Pilots
Hammered for copying Pearl Jam, but in my opinion don't sound the same and have a heavier sound to them.
- 7. Disarm(Killer Is Me), Rat in a Cage by Smashings Pumpkins
A rock-punk mix. Signature voice.
- 6. Bulls On Parade, Freedom by Rage Against The Machine
Pump up songs plus socially anti-governmental lyrics. Feeds the inner rocker and rapper.
- 5. Block Hole Sun, Fell on Black Days by Soundgarden
Nasty, superb, extravagant voice mixed with surprising guitar features.
- 4. Would?, Man In the Box, (my favorite is Nutshell) by Alice In Chains
Not just another Seatle Band, set the path for Staind (an influential band). Heart felt lyrics and not trying to be like anyone else style. Classics.
- 3. Enter Sandman, The Unforgiven II by Metallica
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit, Lithium, Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
The innovators of the 90's-... grunge. The put metal and punk in a blender.
- 1. Jeremy/Black/Alive/Even Flow/Daughter/Better Man by Pearl Jam
The best part of the song is the last 2 minutes when he doesn't sing words but when he sings his feelings.
Other good songs..... Pearl Jam - Leesh, Yellow Ledbetter. Nirvana - Drain You, Sappy. Metallica - Nothing Else Matters, Prince Charming. Alice In Chains - Nutshell, I Stay Away. Soundgarden - Outshined, The Day I tried to Live. Rage Against The Machine - Down Rodeo, Ghost Of Tom Joad, Killing in The Name Of. Smashing Pumpkins - 1979, Rat In A Cage. Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Songs, Sex Type Thing. 311 - Homebrew, Flowing, Beautiful Disaster. Temple of The Dog - Reach Down, Wooden Jesus.
- 10. Heart Of The Matter by Don Henley
That's also close to the eighties.
- 9. Every Heartbeat by Amy Grant
- 8. Hazard by Richard Marx
That song is even close to the 80's.
- 7. Sunday Morning by No Doubt
I hate No Doubt. Because I don't like the lyrics to No Doubt's, "Don't Speak".
- 6. New York Minute by Don Henley
That song is close to the 80's too.
- 5. That's What Love Is For by Amy Grant
Great song! That song is close to the 80's.
- 4. You Mean The World To Me by Toni Braxton
I don't like Toni Braxton's voice that much.
- 3. Last Night by Az Yet
Well, that song is OK.
- 2. Just A Girl by No Doubt
U2 is much better than No Doubt.
- 1. Spiderwebs by No Doubt
U2 is my favorite band. No Doubt is my ugly band. You know I don't like No Doubt. It's sucks.
By: Cruz G.
- 10. Say It Ain't So by Weezer
Hard hitting guitar and lyrics.
- 9. Youth of America by Birdbrain
Oh man this song rocks so great! It's really great if you have a fast car and you're listening to it! Just floor it and go for it!
- 8. Closing Time by Semisonic
How could you not put this song on the list!?
- 7. Mercy Kiss by Abandoned Pools
Great almost unheard of song.
- 6. Graduation Song by Vitamin C
I'm a senior in high school and all my friends were always older and graduated last year and this song, the words, just really means alot to me.
- 5. The Dolphins Cry by Live
Another really awesome song. The vocals really make this one.
- 4. Isolate by Bender
This song is just a great song. I mean the music and vocals, it was just all great.
- 3. Adam's Song by Blink 182
Ahh the lyrics. Such a great song.
- 2. Glycerine by Bush
Of course this one is great. It's another that's so deep that the meaning of the song is almost irrelevant because of the greatness of the song.
- 1. Fade Into You by Mazzy Star
Honestly one of the best songs ever written. I could listen to it forever. Undescribable
Man it was hard to figure out the "best" songs of the 90's. I still think Mazzy Star's Fade Into You is one of the best of all time. If that song doesn't make you want to hold someone, nothing will. But there are so many great songs from the 90's andn in creating this list I tried not to do like most and Only put what was really popular on the radio.
- 10. How Bizzare by Omc
- 9. Mary Jane's Last Dance by Tom Petty
- 8. Hit Um Up by Tupac
- 7. On A Plain by Nirvana
- 6. Juicy by Notrius Big
- 5. Triumph by Wu Tang Clan
- 4. Semi Charmed Life by 3rd Eye Blind
- 3. Only One by Goo Goo Dolls
- 2. Love Sick by Bob Dylan
- 1. Mmm Bop by Hanson
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book