What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Rush Rush by Paula Abdul
- 9. The Sign by Ace Of Base
- 8. Summertime by Dj Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
- 7. U Can't Touch This by Mc. Hammer
- 6. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
- 5. Wishing On A Star by Cover Girls
- 4. Jump by Kris Kross
- 3. Doo Wop ( That Thing ) by Lauryn Hill
- 2. Power Of Love by Luther Vandross
- 1. You Gotta Be by Des'ree
My source : the following songs I got from the c.D. ~ the ultimate hits from the 90's . ~ sounds of the 90's . ~ 90's pop hits . you can get these at tower records. some are good and some are bad. check it out !!!!! :)
- 10. Daysleeper by R.e.m.
You cant talk about the 90's and leave these guys out of it, just came out with their best of album, check it out.
- 9. Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Awesome band, never ones to be dull.
- 8. The World I Know by Collective Soul
Very good 90's band, but this song is by far their best work.
- 7. Anthem For The Year 2000 by Silverchair
Very good band that dropped off the map like a stone, but you gotta love what they gave us in their flash in the limelight.
- 6. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Before you all bite my head off for putting this band so low on the list I want to say that they are here because if you dont know nirvana set the bar in the 90's you have no clue about the music of that decade.
- 5. Iris by Googoo Dolls
Honestly my favorite songs from this band come after the turn of 2000, but their earlier work is not to be missed.
- 4. Two Step by Dave Matthew's Band
Im not as huge of a fan as the vast majority of people out there, but I must admit they make good music.
- 3. Karma Police by Radiohead
my favorite song off OK computer, but the whole album is a trip. No other band out there is quite like radiohead.
- 2. Shit Town by Live
Personally my favorite band, lots of people forget some of their best songs like beauty of gray and white discussion.
- 1. Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
Pick nearly any song off meloncholy and infinite sadness and it could be number one. You talk 90's you talk SP
Ok, I did not repeat any bands because all the ones I have listed could have multiple songs on this list and that just gets boring. Also dont get pissed at my opinions because these are just the first 10 that popped into my head. Since writing this bands such as green day, ben folds five, and The cranberries have popped into my head. So this is by no means set in stone. Just check out the bands listed and I promise you you wont be dissapointed.
- 10. Unplugged Album by Nirvana
I enjoy Nirvana much more when they don't crank up the distortion. Don't get me wrong, they still sound great, but they're musical ability is more apparent. The last song on this album is incredible.
- 9. Look Away by Hootie and the Blowfish
Darius' vocals are smooth. The song itself is a non single nestled on one of the great early nineties albums, "Cracked Rear View Mirror"
- 8. Alive by Pearl Jam
Eddie Vedder is among my favorite vocalists and Pearl Jam's songs are poignant and they are musically comparable to any other great band.
- 7. Sour Girl by Stone Temple Pilots
The musical landscape of this song is beautiful.
- 6. A Long December by Counting Crows
Although this song is not on their best album, "August and Everything After" it still shines. This is a melancholy glimpse into life and a hope that his fortunes turn around.
- 5. Unforgiven "1 or 2" by Metallica
Metallica has a lot of great songs. Their lyrics are often overlooked by people dismissing their music as mindless pounding, however people that listen to their words will discover the profoundness of what they're saying.
- 4. Having a Blast by Green Day
I really like the way they fused some melody into the punk scene. They continue to release great songs.
- 3. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette
This is really an arbitrary song but her album, "Jagged Little Pill" has got to be one of the best albums ever made. The sincerity of her anger on some of the tracks like "You oughta know" is great to listen to. I like the honesty of her music and the wit of her lyrics.
- 2. Cryin' by Aerosmith
This bluesy song never gets old to me, that is the hallmark of a classic
- 1. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve Pipe
An absolutely epic song; instrumentally it is beautifully arranged and the theme will continue to hold true.
There are other bands/singers that I really like Sheryl Crow, Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews Band, Gin Blossoms, etc. There are probably some songs that I forgot about that I like even better.
- 10. Creep by Radiohead
- 9. Learn To Fly by Foo Fighters
The Foo Fighters at there best
- 8. Sabotage by Beastie Boys
- 7. Feel Good Hit of the Summer by Queens of The Stone Age
Nicoteine Valium marijuana ectasy and and alchol Cccc- Cocaine!!!!!!!!!!!
- 6. Basket Case by Green Day
The light after grunge
- 5. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Chris Cornell is with Ratm now minus zack and man do they still kick butt
- 4. Loser by Beck
the slacker anthem of a generation
- 3. Kill A Man by Rage Against The Machine
These guys kick ass. i wonder where Zack is now?
- 2. Bullet with Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
My fave band of the 90's. This is the 'Pumpkins at there peak
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
unarguably the best song of the 90's because it kicked off grunge
Honurable Mention: Bush-Glycerine, Head Like A Hole-Nine Inch Nails, Anything by RATM, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Powderfinger or the living end
- 10. Offspring by Pay The Man
why did they just putted this one instead of that shitty song "Pretty fly?", Yeah I'll know the answer a four-minute intro for a punk song, but that just makes it great, not done before or after they putted it out.
- 9. Dead Boy's Poem by Nightwish
Nightwish is the best gothic band I know, not hard cause I'll know only six or something (2 I like)
- 8. Niet Of Nooit Geweest by Acda En De Munnik
Great dutch song, such damn funny (still it was actualy meaned as a sad song, did work it just turned out to be funny)
- 7. 3 Doors Down by Kryptonite
With my superhuman might? Yeah'kryptonite.
- 6. Faith No More by Easy
Another famous song I know, but songs don't get famous for nothing ain't they? I like faith no more and this one is the best I know of them.
- 5. Guns N Roses by November Rain
- 4. Nena Hagen by 99 Luftballons
Germany made many great songs.
- 3. Aerosmith by I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
It's music from my dad, but that ain't always bad, is it? I mean when I started just to read the lyrics, I was amazed, when I heard the song I was even more.
- 2. Rammstein by Engel
Great song, when those angels begin to sing in the middle that's just crazy cool! not rammstein's best song, but they're best of the 90's.
- 1. Offspring by Come Out And Play
Such a beauty, none song can break this one.
- 10. Round' Here by Counting Crows
This song, everytime i hear it, reminds me of my good high school buddy Cory, who was a Goth, and was huge into the Counting Crows... he had this fast Blue Chevy, he called the Misery Machine, and we would go like 120 down a jammed highway, with this song, and the rest of the CD playing... whatever happened to that kid? typical friends!! they come and they go!
- 9. Scooby Snacks by Fun Loving Criminals
Ok, enough with the sad crap, here is some good fun music... i remember this song as a catchy song, id sing it to myself on the shool bus... that was a great album... Bombing the L... and hell, you have to be good to use a sample of L7 in a song!
- 8. Sober by Tool
I never watched alot of MTV in the 90's as much as i did in the 80's, cuz i think the 90's was the beginning of MTV's brought on death, do they even play videos anymore??? But the reason i say this is, this was one of the BEST videos on the early 90's! and an awesome song... tool at its best!
- 7. Brick by Ben Folds Five
This song means a hell of alot to me, it was the song i heard while in the backseat of a car, while having a girlfriend die in my arms when i was 13. Tragic song for a tragic memory... RIP srah... she's a brick and she's drowning slowly off the coast and im heading no where!
- 6. Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
We all had this song held in our hearts! Painful lyrics! Painful Music! and an unusual video... remember the green snake lookin like it was about to bite of trents head??? Amazing song... i just cant say enough!
- 5. Whats Up? by Four Non Blondes
And let me say here, the hottest, best, one hit wonder of the 1990's!!! I had a crush on the chick bassist with the mohawk who wore the big red flannel coat! But didnt we all? and as i am 23, i will be listening to this song in 2 years, thing "25 years and my life is still trying to get up that great big hill of hope..."!!!
- 4. Far Behind by Candlebox
I like to sit in the dark, in silence, and then play this song on my stereo, From that first sound of the guitar, very emotional cry it has, all the way until th end, Far Behind is a great song for us 90's teens, because it is a closure song, i was 19 when YTK hit, and to hear the words: "And now maybe Your friends they stand beside they watch you crumble As you falter to the ground And now maybe Your friends they stand beside as you were flying Oh you were flying oh so high" Dont that make you feel the high school years all over again! going to school after a big family fight, or a break up, and your best friend is there for you!
- 3. Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins
A very beautiful song, with the mellow guitar, the usage of strings and bells, a very symphonic masterpeice, with alot of feeling, by far, my favorite SP song... and you just FEEL the words in Billy Corgin's voice, and if i recall, HE HAD HAIR IN THIS VIDEO!
- 2. Sifting by Nirvana
You cant talk about the 90's without mentioning a Nirvana song. Kurt Cobain stood for every one of us teens of the 90's. The best ever song nirvana ever had was Sifting, which is on the Bleach album. It never got any airplay, About a Girl is the most known song from that album. I myself believe Bleach was the best album of the 90's, and in Nirvana's library. Filled with angerous guitars and drums... and Kurts screams brings back that time you beat up the school bully in 7th grade! Love Buzz, Paper Cuts and Negative Creep, were also great songs...
- 1. Thats When I Reach For My Revolver by Moby
This song is full of anger and pain, which is pretty much how most of us teens felt in the 90's, whe didnt have the glittery, happy, fast times at ridgemont high types of lives... we MADE teen angst what it was! and when i still think of the 90's i feel alot of pain from it... This is also not your typical Moby techno... its more of a rock song... #1 IN DEED!
the list was kinda wierd to fill out, if i did it backwards, Moby's song should be my #1 favorite 90's song, so if it is backwards... stand on your head and look at it again... Honorable Mentions : Nirvana - Love Buzz, REM - Everybody Hurts, Bush - Glycerine ( i wish i could fit this one in the top 10), Garbage - #1 Crush, and Sponge - Plowed...
By: Ana 4 Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 10. By The Way by Red Hot Chili Peppers
It is a good song.a very good song.
- 9. Dreaming Of Me by Depeche Mode
Too good of a song for words to describe.(Love every song by R.E.M,Depeche mode,the smiths,morissy,the cure,the cranberries,& GREEN DAY.Especially Nirvana.LOVE Red Hot Chili Peppers TOO!!!!
- 8. Love Roller Coaster by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Originally an Ohio Players or Jackson 5 song, but is sung very well by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- 7. Otherside by Red Hot Chili Peppers
SUCH a great song. Can listen to it over and over.
- 6. Zero by The Smashing Pumpkins
They had to be somewhere on this list. One of the best songs and bands that ever lived,.
- 5. Fortunes Faded by Red Hot Chili Peppers
This song is really good.
- 4. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
How can u not think this song is even OKAY?to me it rocks!
- 3. Give It Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers
This preety much started it all for rap/rock groups.(Red Hot Chili Peppers themselves call this style of music "funk punk".)
- 2. Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers
TO GOOD TOO BE TRUE SONG.(you honestly have to love it.)
- 1. Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers
THIS SONG ROCKS.IT IS TO KICK ASS TO WRITE OUT.AMAZIN LYRICS TOO.
WHAT CAN I SAY?IM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS RULE ALL BANDS!!!!!!!!EXEPT for the smashing pumpkins.there preety much the same.
- 10. Right On The Money by Alan Jackson
This is the last set of songs in this site. Having those existing will stop me from searching for songs that are not by real artists. And I promise to stop searching for songs that are not by real artists. I will not break the promise at all. For that, my mind is locked. I must remember this.
- 9. Wrong Again by Martina McBride
- 8. No Place That Far by Sarah Evans
- 7. Wish You Were Here by Mark Wills
- 6. You Had Me From Hello by Kenny Chesney
- 5. Single White Female by Chely Wright
- 4. He Didn't Have To Be by Brad Paisley
- 3. Easy On The Eyes by Terri Clark
- 2. Lesson In Leaving by Jo Dee Messina
- 1. You Were Mine by Dixie Chicks
- 10. Higher by Creed
Creed is awesome, best song.
- 9. Every Morning by Sugar Ray
- 8. Wonderful by Everclear
Really depressing but it's such a great song!!!
- 7. I Know Where It's At by All Saints
Haha great memories with this song, I love it! Bop Bop!
- 6. All the Small Things by Blink-182
- 5. Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
Kind of depressing but awesome
- 4. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
Savage Garden was like the coolest...
- 3. One Week by Barenaked Ladies
- 2. Bitch by Meredith Brooks
haha go women!
- 1. Summer Girls by LFO
Best song EVER!
- 10. What Would Brian Boitano Do? Pt.2 by DVDA
All South Park songs make me wanna laugh and cry at the same time.
- 9. The Kids Aren't Alright by The Offspring
This kind of thing is usually what happens to a group of childhood friends.
- 8. Who Let The Dogs Out by Baha Men
Awesomely BAD song? I think not.
- 7. Barbie Girl by Aqua
- 6. Amish Paradise by Wierd Al
I bet my shoe that no real Amish-folk has heard this song before.
- 5. No Scrubs by TLC
Listen to it while washing your car XD
- 4. We Like To Party by Vengaboys
Makes you wanna go to Six Flags, eh?
- 3. I Don't Want To Wait by Paula Cole
"Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo....I don't wanna wait / For our lives to be over" ...Who knows what comes after that?
- 2. All The Small Things by Blink182
SAY IT AIN'T SO // I WILL NOT GO CUZ CHURCH IS BORING // AND YOU'RE A HO
- 1. Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
The lyrics remind me of my unsure, twitchy english teacher. HEEHEE. Poor Twitchy--*cough, cough*Mr.Hawkins.
HONORABLE MENTION-- "Love Is A Battlefield" by Pat Benitar We are strong / No One can tell us we're wrong Searching our hearts for so lo-oh-o-oh-ong / Both of us knowing LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book