What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Shyree Johnson
- 10. P Poppin by Laducris
This song is clean and freaky at the same time.
- 9. Dairy by Alicie Keys
This song is saying don't take if we are going together keep it to your shelf.
- 8. 4 Walls by Pretty Willie
This song is freaky and you can have s*x to this song
- 7. Lean Back by Fat Joe
It is ok and you can go to the club on this song.
- 6. I Want It by B.g.
This song is so clean to me
- 5. Make It Up With Love by Atl
I just love this song
- 4. Love by Music
This song is so loveing it make you wonder why you love this person
- 3. My Place by Nelly
I love this song because it is about how the person you are in love with is playing you that is what you think but he is trying to make it better
- 2. 4 Seasons Of Lonlyness by Boys Ii Men
I love this song because it is so in love and it make you think before you fall in love with someone
- 1. Never Gonna Let You Go by Faith Evens
This song keep love in me and in my friends relationship
I love this songs.
- 10. Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
Well, Last Kiss is actually an old song, but Pearl Jam did such an amazing cover of it that I think it deserves a spot on my list.. I love Eddie's angsty voice...
- 9. Even Flow by Pearl Jam
I love this song.. Whenever I hear it on the radio, I smile... It's got great guitar, and Ed's growling voice... whoa...
- 8. You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morissette
The ULTIMATE women power song!!! Alanis was a feminist with a great voice... what can i say? Her lyrics were also great.
- 7. Come Out And Play by The Offspring
This is an outrageous song! I love the chorus.. It's humorous, but it's still got a great musical quality.
- 6. Lithium by Nirvana
*ahem* I LOVE this song. Not much of a chorus, but I think that's what Kurt intended, don't you? GREAT guitar riff.
- 5. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Who doesn't know this song? Even if you don't like it, it makes you listen. The vocals are strange, but awesome. I love Chris Kornell's (sp) voice...
- 4. Corduroy by Pearl Jam
This might be one of the only PJ radio hits that actually sends shivers down my spine... The chorus is so beautiful...
- 3. She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes
I love the acoustic version of this song.... It's just beautiful. It gives me chills...
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This was the song that had every flannel-wearing teenager in America ranting and raving... I love Kurt's voice...
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
This is, by far, my favorite song from the 90's... Eddie's voice haunts me... He's just the most amazing lyricist of all time... Greatest song ever, greatest band ever.
As you can see, I'm an extreme Pearl Jam fan, so that might have biased my opinion a little. But what can I say? Pearl Jam is amazing. I grew up in the nineties, so I've been exposed to it all my life... Not a bad music taste for a 13 year old girl, eh? *laughs nervously* so, yeah, that's my list... Hey, at least there are no pieces of pop garbage...
- 10. Everybody by Backstreet Boys
THE most CLASSIC Backstreet song!!! who doesn't know this signature backstreet dance??
- 9. I Drive Myself Crazy by Nsync
I drive myself crazy thinking of how GREAT nsync is!! Classic, classic, classic! Need I say more??
- 8. From the Bottom of my Broken Heart by Britney Spears
Grade A, top choice song by talented vocalist miss b herself! Classic story about a girl who is going through a painful moment in her life!
- 7. All I Have to Give by Backstreet Boys
Classic tale of five guys who only want to give their love - and their gift of WONDERFUL singing!
- 6. God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You by Nsync
God must have spent a little more time on NSYNC!! Classic!
- 5. Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera
Classic tale of a girl who just needs to be rubbed the right way!
- 4. As Long As You Love Me by Backstreet Boys
Classic love song! They don't care who you are, where you are from, or what you did as long as you love them!
- 3. Tearin up My Heart by Nsync
Classic song of a guy who can't decide if he is better off with or without the girl! You can hear the torment in the guys' voices as they sing! glorious!
- 2. Quit Playing Games With my Heart by Backstreet Boys
Classic tale of a girl playing with a boys emotions! wonderful song!
- 1. I Want You Back by Nsync
I LOVE NSYNC! this song is a classic!
By: Roxanne & Coralie
- 10. You Dont Even Know Me by Armand Van Helden
- 9. Pump Up The Jam by Technotronic
- 8. Set You Free by N-trance
- 7. Ride On Time by Black Box
- 6. Mr Vain by Culture Beat
- 5. The Rhythm Of The Night by Corona
- 4. Gypsy Woman by Crystal Waters
- 3. Dreamer by Livin Joy
- 2. Finally by Cece Peniston
- 1. Show Me Love by Robin S
- 10. Dreams by Cranberries
A summer in the mid-90s, this tune pops up and i can't help but get enraptured in it and love those wailing vocals at the very end.
- 9. Creep by Radiohead
Because i'm a creep! I'm a weirdo! what the hell am i doing here? Yeah i was very anti-social and self-loathing as a teen, this song just help justify my mentality.
- 8. Self Esteem by Offspring
Loved this song...sounds so damn cool, "Smash" was a good album.
- 7. Santeria by Sublime
Beautiful sounding little song that has ridiculous lyrics, still old memories of my past overwhelm me when i hear tunes that were THERE.
- 6. Loser by Beck
Once had a friend, about 20, who was drunk and drove me around as a teen singing the chorus to the top of his lungs, and i understood why, and how much i loved this sliding guitar/ hip-hop sounding song about god knows what and losers.
- 5. Don't Speak by No Doubt
Well this song would be the essential "first love, first broken heart"-song for me. Being a little prick back in the day this was the song i'd hang my head depressed at the thought of this certain girl i was in love with.
- 4. When I Turn Around by Green Day
Before discovering the album "Dookie", i saw the video for this song and i loved the lyrics and feeling it gave me...my personal favorite of Green Day.
- 3. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
As a young little bastard i use to love this song and wonder who they were, then someone said, "it's the Smashing Pumpkins you moron! You must know them or your not in the times!" Well lets just say cool kids never have the time...
- 2. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Beautiful ballad on reflecting on the past and being in the city you love. I can't hear this song and NOT think of my childhood in l.a. and how i loved this band.
- 1. Big Empty by Stone Temple Pilots
I've heard this song on the radio during the 90s about a hundred times and i still love it...just brings back moments of the decade.
Well all these songs, most of them are rock statio staples, are my Vol. 1 to soundtrack of the 90s in MY opinion. They bring back nostalgia and i know i should've put Pearl Jam, Weezer, and Nirvana on here but they'd be on a 20 list, the latter being overused on lists. I love Nirvana but it's just too cliche, plus i got into them in the late 90s, after i got into these other songs...how? i dunno, just late In Bloom. Each song carries images from my past, which a bark of my young years in the 90s. Also honorable mentions to "Sex and Candy" by Marcy's Playground, "Zombie" by Cranberries", "Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum, and "Song 2" by Blur.
- 10. Don't Speak by No Doubt
- 9. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
- 8. Basket Case by Green Day
- 7. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 6. The Way by Fastball
- 5. One Hand In My Pocket by Alanis Morisette
- 4. Amazing by Aerosmith
- 3. Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
- 2. Patience by Guns & Roses
- 1. Wonderwall by Oasis
You're my wonderwall
#11 lemon tree - fools garden ....Decade 90????
- 10. Muscle Museum by Muse
- 9. Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
- 8. Dream Brother by Jeff Buckley
- 7. Just by Radiohead
- 6. Coffee and TV by Blur
- 5. I Was a Teenage Hand Model by Queens of the Stone Age
- 4. Street Spirit by Radiohead
- 3. Swallowed by Bush
- 2. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
- 1. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
- 10. Nirvana by All Apoligies
- 9. R.E.M. by Everybody Hurts
- 8. Tom Petty by Free Falling
- 7. Third Eye Blind by Hows it gonna be
- 6. Sublime by What I Got
- 5. Stone Temple Pilots by Interstate Love Song
- 4. Red Hot Chili Peppers by Under The Bridge
- 3. Blues Traveler by Hook
- 2. Oasis by Wonderwall
- 1. Dave Matthews by Two Step
Who the f**k put celin Dion?
- 10. Rage Against The Machine by Killing In The Name Of
Feel the love
- 9. Disarm by The Smashing Pumpkins
Could easily be 'Today' or 'Mayonaise' here
- 8. Faith No More by Ashes To Ashes
- 7. Mouth For War by Pantera
Even more love
- 6. Supervixen by Garbage
So hard to choose my favourite Garbage song, could have been almost any song off their first two albums
- 5. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Best song off their best album
- 4. Blow Up The Outside World by Soundgarden
Powerful, hard to choose my favourite Soundgarden song
- 3. Pearl Jam by Nothingman
Sentimental to me
- 2. Cornflake Girl by Tori Amos
Tori is just good
- 1. The Unforgiven by Metallica
Best song off the best album of the 90's
By: Ricky Zinger
- 10. Roots Bloody Roots by Sepultura
The native South American flavour of this song just cranks. A brutal assault on the senses from the start to the finish. Showed that more was achievable with Metal than just screaming vocals and guitars.
- 9. Common People by Pulp
Labeled as 'Britpop' but Jarvis Cocker's lyrics deserve more than Oasis comparisons.
- 8. Dry The Rain by The Beta Band
A great mixture of Indie and Pop influences and styles.
- 7. New Noise by The Refused
A great slice of hardcore. Shame they broke up not long afterwards.
- 6. Brother's Gonna Work It Out by Public Enemy
This may have been 1989, but I bought this album in 1990 so I'm including it. Most respected and influential rap band ever, back when rap was cutting edge and relevant.
- 5. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
I was 15 when I first heard it, and it changed alot of things for me. But lets give Nirvana their due, and not include them as a Grunge band. They had far more of a Punk pedigree.
- 4. Angry Chair by Alice In Chains
The best grunge band from the scene. Layne had one of rock's most distinct voices.
- 3. Three Days by Jane's Addiction
Dave Navarro's guitar playing. Does anything else need to be said?
- 2. Caffeine by Faith No More
Best song of the best band of the decade. Mike Patton will one day be held in very high esteem as an innovator.
- 1. Ars Moriendi by Mr Bungle
So many styles of music in one song. Every time one listens another instrument can be focused upon.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book