What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Epic by Faith No More
- 9. Breaking the Girl by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 8. Alice In Chains by Got Me Wrong
- 7. Guerilla Radio by Rage Against the Machine
- 6. Surf Wax America by Weezer
- 5. I Got Sh*t by Pearl Jam
- 4. Pretty Noose by Soundgarden
- 3. Junkhead by Alice in Chains
- 2. Oceans by Pearl Jam
- 1. Marigold by Nirvana
- 10. Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode
- 9. The Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails
- 8. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 7. Sometimes by Les Rythmes Digitales
- 6. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 5. No Surprises by Radiohead
- 4. Hush by Kula SHaker
- 3. Loser by Beck
- 2. Song 2 by Blur
- 1. Everlong by Foo Fighters
- 10. Baby Got Back by Sir-mix-a-lot
this was one song that caused uproar with womens groups eveywhere and it is no wonder nut the song rules
- 9. Two Princes by The Spin Doctors
this was one of the best 90s songs but I only heard it like last year on TV on an advertisement
- 8. Back Itn The Uk by Scooter
see the above comment for details again another great piece of techno work
- 7. No Limit by 2 Unlimited
I like the good old early techno of the 90s and the old rave scene of the 90s and this song is no exception gotta love that sound
- 6. Enter Sandman by Metallica
this song was one of metallica's best and greatest hits I ever heard and whenever I hear it I do the air guitar thing
- 5. On Bended Knee by Boyz To Men
what can i say about a spectacular rnb power ballad that has not been said before? these guys are just so cool and they have powerful lyircs
- 4. Children by Robert Miles
I just loved this one as it is so relaxing. this was like one of the first Trance songs that gained worldwide acclaim and it lead the way for all these new dance artists
- 3. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
this was like one of the biggest rap songs ever and still is like a definitive piece of the genre I just loved the way coolio was able to smoothly connect lyrics together to form mad rhymes
- 2. Smells Like Team Spirit by Nirvana
what can I say about one of the best bands of the early 90s? pity kurt died though well this was the song that made everyday people take notice of the alternative/hard rock scene
- 1. Sometime's Love Just Ain't Enough by Patti Smyth And Don Henly
i just love this song it is such a beautiful ballad which brings tears to my eyes whenever i hear it and what's more what has been said in the song is true for some people
there were a heap of others but this is my pick also I like all music styles as can be seen in my top 10
- 10. Criminal by Fiona Apple
- 9. Pony by Ginuwine
- 8. Pictures Of You by The Cure
- 7. Edge Of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks
- 6. All My Life by Kci & Jojo
- 5. Baby Baby by Amy Grant
- 4. Twisted by Keith Sweat
- 3. Let Me Love You Down by Inoj
- 2. Changes by Tupac
- 1. Wonderwall by Oasis
the songs are in no specific order and theres no way you could deny that you were obsessed with at LEAST one of these songs at one point. uhm.. honorable mentions: 'naked eye'-luscious jackson, 'i wanna sex you up'-color me badd, 'return of the mac'-mark morrison, 'closing time'-semisonic, 'lump'-the presidents of the united states, 'candy rain'-soul for real. ...i really like 90s music, i could go on forever.
- 10. Trippin Billies by Dave Matthews Band
The Grateful Dead had LSD, DMB has, well, Budweiser- but they still put on a great show. Boyd Tinsley is a superb violinist
- 9. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
An incredibly crafted grunge song on the pains of addiction
- 8. Basket Case by Green Day
Single handedly revived punk? Debatable. Threw mud at the kids at Woodstock 94 and made fun of them? Oh, Billie Joe, you tease.
- 7. Creep by Radiohead
Everyone makes a big stink about OK Computer (A Fine album) that they forget about this one. Thom York is brilliant
- 6. Freak On A Leash by Korn
An amazing piece of commentary, no bagpipes, no BS, a great video! Folowing the Leader was one of the most important releases of '98
- 5. Animal by Pearl Jam
A strong commentary on domestic abuse. Good solo from McCready
- 4. Enter Sandman by Metallica
Best song of the best album. Metallica may seem washed up now, but imagine the horrified look of teeny boppers in '91 as Sandman shot up the charts
- 3. Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine
When Zack de la Rocha sprays that stream of F words after Tom's solo, you know he's lost it. Call 'em Communist, but they're awesome
- 2. Fight The Power by Public Enemy
Chuck D proved that all rappers aren't arrogant, talentless fools with perverted gangsta fantasies. PE spoke for all of us
- 1. Cop Killer by Ice T with Body Count
I respect policemen, but isn't it odd that Ice T now plays a cop on Law & Order. Good song to mosh to
- 10. You Ought To Know by Alanis Morissette
The song that launched a thousand angry white chicks with acoustic guitars.
- 9. Brian Wilson by Bare Naked Ladies
- 8. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
- 7. Creep by Stone Temple Pilots
- 6. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 5. New Flava In Your Ear (The Remix) by Biggie, Puffy, LL Cool J, Buster Rhymes, Craig Mac
Baadddddd Boys, come out and playyyyyyyyyyy.
- 4. Guerilla Radio by Rage Against The Machine
For the line "More for Gore (Al) or the son of a Drug Lord (G.W. Shrub)?" alone, this is one of the greastest songs of the 1990s.
- 3. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
I could actually put eight Pumpkins songs on this list Today, Muzzle, Tonight Tonight, 1979, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Disarm, and Perfect. However, that wouldn't leave room for anything else.
- 2. Under The Bridge by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
This is one of the coolest hauntingly psychodelic and grungy songs I've ever heard.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Rock music still exists because of this song, which put guitars in the hands of a million kids, and made them realize how stupid it was for a man to wear hairspray and spandex. This song changed everything. Lithium is just as cool
Honorable Mention to: Slide ~ The Goo Goo Dolls Stay ~ Lisa Loeb Superman's Dead ~ Our Lady Peace Novocane for the Soul ~ The Eels
- 10. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
A song that twists and turns from melodeous (is that a word?) to hard. It's lyrics are great, plus what could be better than Billy Corgan screaming his head off? The video is cool too, I especially like his silver pants. XD
- 9. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
To be honest with you, I have no idea when this came out. I'll just assume it was in the 90's. Though I hate Oasis, I love this song...
- 8. One More Astronaut by I Mother Earth
I cool song, it's kind of long but hard to notice because of it's enjoyable pace. The instrumentals rock, plus the video is bright, wierd and colourful, kind of like a Nirvana or Soundgarden video.
- 7. Man in the Box by Alice in Chains
Very cool song, the sound is genuine.
- 6. Genocide by The Offspring
Smash was a sweet album, this was a sweet song.
- 5. Soul to Squeeze by Red Hot Chili Peppers
I'm pretty sure this is from the 90's, ...is it form the 80's? No. I don't think so.
- 4. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
It's beautiful, mysterious, and the video is amazing.
- 3. Zero Chance by Soundgarden
It's unreleased by who cares, it rocks. It's the perfect grunge lullaby.
- 2. Dead Bodies Everywhere by Korn
Unreleased, the question is; why? It's hard, with awesome lyrics and a dealthy vibe to it.
- 1. Thief by Our Lady Peace
This song gets to me, it's also one of my longest running favorite songs. Probably the most boring video ever, but why over package a great thing?
- 10. Deep Inside Of You by Third Eye Blind
Needed some 3EB on here because their music is amazing and changed my life. Great song too.
- 9. My Own Worst Enemy by Lit
Summer of 8th grade.
- 8. Caress Me Down by Sublime
Most perverted song ever. I love it and this list wouldn't be complete without sublime.
- 7. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Awesome. Probably the best voice of the 90's.
- 6. Dirt by Alice In Chains
It was a hard choice between this song and Rooster. But putting Alice in Chains on this list was a no brainer.
- 5. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
Can't listen to this song with out zoning out. I think this song ends up on every mix i have ever made.
- 4. Black by Pearl Jam
It was hard to just pick one of their many incredible songs. Jeremy, Daughter, Alive... and many more. Incredible band.
- 3. Creep by Radiohead
Holy crap. Awesome song.
- 2. Glycerine by Bush
My favorite song of all time. Lyrics, vocals, instrumentals, can't think of another song that matches up.
- 1. Nevermind Album by Nirvana
Can't pick just one song from the greatest band of the 90's. The whole cd rules.
By: Javier Iba�ez
- 10. Milk by Garbage
but I'm strong I can use my tears to bring you home
- 9. Kick My Ass by Garbage
the jam I was in
- 8. Stupid Girl by Garbage
don't believe in love don't believe in hate
- 7. Queer by Garbage
the queer hide inside your head the blindest of the blind the deadest of the dead
- 6. I Think I'm Paranoid by Garbage
paranoid and complicated I think I'm paranoid manipulated
- 5. Dumb by Garbage
I'm feeling small I'm climbing the walls I don't let it show
- 4. Sleep Together by Garbage
the emptiness the craziness satisfy this hungriness
- 3. The Trick Is To Keep Breathing by Garbage
lately I'm not teh only one I say never trust anyone
- 2. #1 Crush by Garbage
I would pray for you I would sell my soul for something pure and true
- 1. A Stroke Of Luck by Garbage
I lost what I love most did you know I was lost until you found me
G:Supervixen/Queer/Only happy when it rains/As heaven is wide/Not my idea/A stroke of luck/Vow/Stupid girl/Dog ne tricks/My lover's box/Fix me now/Milk/#1 Crush/Alien sex fiend/Kick my ass/Sleep/Subhuman/Trip my wire/butterfly collector/Driving lesson/Girl don't come ... Version 2.0:Temptation waits/I think I'm paranoid/When I grow up/Medication/Special/Hammering in my head/Push it/The trick is to keep breathing/Dumb/Sleep together/Wicked ways/You look so fine/Afterglow/The world is not enough/Thirteen/Deadwood/Soldier trough this/Can't seem to make you mine/Tornado/Lick the pavement/13 x Forever/Gte busy with the fizzy ... Beautiful Garbage:Shut your mouth/Androgyny/Can't cry these tears/Til the day I die/Cup of coffee/Silence is golden/Cherry lips (Go baby go!)/Breaking up the girl/Drive you home/Parade/Nobody loves you/Untouchable/So like a rose/Confidence/Enough is never enough/Begging bone/Use me/Candy says/Sex never goes out of fashion/I'm really into techno/Happiness PT2/Wild horses/April tenth/I just wanna have something to do ... [Shirley Manson]
By: Gerard Hannan
- 10. Won't You Take Me Home by Brian Kennedy
Get your hands on a copy oft his and listen to his voice. it will go through you.
- 9. Immortality by Celine Dion/bee Gees
Again not everyones cup of tea but if this does it for you then you are indeed a hopeless romantic.
- 8. The Partisan by Leonard Cohen
I love mr. cohens work and in this song you will find him at his best.
- 7. The Day Before You Came by Abba
The poetry and rhythm of this song leave nothing to be desired.
- 6. Wise Up by Aimee Mann
This you have got to hear to believe. it is beauitiful to the extreme. aimee's planets were in perfect alignment when she sat to compose this.
- 5. Happy Ever After by Julia Fordham
Wow. I love this ladies voice and the melody is inspirational. makes me think of worlds I would love to see before I die.
- 4. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley
This stands alone in the world of solo sung songs that require magnificence in the voice and jeff pulls it off brilliantly.
- 3. It Must Be Love by Labi Siffre
Long forgotten song that deserves to be documented as a classic. most touching indeed and not unlike my first choice. (israel kamamawiwoole's - wonderful world/rainbow). am I really this much of a romantic?
- 2. True Romance Theme by Hans Zimmer
I see someone else here includes this too. it is profoundly moving and so perfect for that moment when you need music to matter.
- 1. Somewhere Over The Rainbow/wonderful World by Israel Kamamawiwoole's
Heard this for the first time one night in winter and thought what a beauitiful song that really is. this song has been part of all our lives and israel kamamawiwoole's rendition is breathtaking. get it and listen.
Thats it folks, am I a romantic or what?
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book