What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Mark Allegra
- 10. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Love the band, love this song--can't mention the '90s with mentioning these guys..
- 9. Crash by Dave Mathews Band
See comments from any Pearl Jam song on my list....
- 8. U2 by One
Great songs with great lyrics--I guess you might see a pattern here in my picks...
- 7. Live by Lightning Crashes
- 6. Smashing Pumpkins by Today
- 5. Black Crowes by She Talks to Angels
Just a great song...has it all.
- 4. Courdoroy by Pearl Jam
Again--great music with great lyrics--if you haven't really listened to the words on this song--check it out--great energy song too...
- 3. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
Still love it today--great album!
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
in contrast to Black by Pearl Jam--a great sounding song, but what the heck does it mean? I guess I like good lyrics with good songs--call me nuts! Great song none the less!
- 1. Black by Pearl Jam
A great sounding song with the deepest, poetically strong lyrics you will ever hear in a grunge song--the emotions boil over in this song--great!
To me the '90s were defined by bands like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Chilli Peppers, Stone Temple Pilots, Cranberries, U2, Seven Mary Three, Dave Mathews, Bush, Goo Goo dolls, Blind Mellon and others-- a great decade for music--which we needed after the '80s!!!
- 10. All I Want by Toad The Wet Sprocket
- 9. I Only Wanna Be With You by Hootie And The Blowfish
- 8. Found Out About You by Gin Blossoms
- 7. The World I Know by Collectve Soul
- 6. December by Collective Soul
- 5. Alison Road by Gin Blossoms
- 4. Til I Hear It From You by Gin Blossoms
- 3. Roll To Me by Del Amitri
- 2. Run Around by Blues Traveler
- 1. Barely Breathing by Duncan Sheik
How could you miss this song? Honestly!
By: Joel Amavizca
- 10. Stay (faraway, So Close) by U2
if this song could be a part of The Joshua Tree album, problably The Joshua Tree would be the "perfection" in an album ever
- 9. Wild World by Mr. Big
The greatest cover ever
- 8. I Touch Myself by The Dyvinils
soft great pop. Esta canci�n es genial (sobre todo si te quieres masturbar)
- 7. The Bitter Pill by Warrant
They are really great muscicians
- 6. Miles Away by Winger
If you don't like winger......f**k off
- 5. Just Take My Heart by Mr. Big
Writen on piano. Played on guitar. Boom
- 4. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashin Pumkings
Rage. Rage. Rage.
- 3. The Wild Life by Slaughter
hahahah great hair metal band song. I'm pretty much a hair band fan
- 2. House Of Pain by Faster Pussycat
How could ever exist this sad sad song. Just great
- 1. When Love & Hate Collide by Def Leppard
Great power ballad of the 90 and pretty much resumes Def Leppard in pop
if you did like my chart please write me to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10. Let Me Clear My Throat by DJ Kool
- 9. Funky Cold Medina by Tone Loc
- 8. Gin and Juice by Snoop Doggy Dog
- 7. Wild Thang by Tone Loc
- 6. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
- 5. Tootsie Roll by 69 Boys
- 4. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix Alot
- 3. Rappers Delight by Sugar Hill Gang
- 2. Cant Touch This by MC Hammer
- 1. Crossroads by Bone Thugs and Harmony
- 10. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot
i want to ride in his mercedes. that is all.
- 9. Shoop by Salt-n-Peppa
i love songs about women going out and getting what they want. damn baby, that sounds sexxxxy
- 8. Cantaloop by Us3
ladies and gentlemen, as you know we have something special for you tonight at birdland. a recording from blue note records.
- 7. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
yes. i have no words. it's just that good.
- 6. Alive by Pearl Jam
grunge forever \m/
- 5. Reality Used to Be a Friend of Mine by PM Dawn
"ok fine, nevermind, but reality used to be a friend of mine" fun and rap-py, with a good groove.
- 4. Stumble You Might Fall by Stereo MCs
the great thing about this song is the tension and release. it is tight!
- 3. Break it Down Again by Tears for Fears
alternative + strings = tears for fears redecorated for the 90s ... a perfect radio song.
- 2. Walking in My Shoes by Depeche Mode
i'm not looking for absolution. need i say more?
- 1. Lithium by Nirvana
everyone says "smells like teen spirit" b/c it changed the music industry blah blah blah. lithium is a better song.
it's hard to put these in order. and hard to narrow it down to ten! *whine* but i must add that after 1995 it was all downhill.
By: AJ Leight
- 10. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
- 9. Run Around by Blues Traveler
- 8. Wrong Way by Sublime
Doesn't get enough respect
- 7. Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crash Test Dummies
Annoying yes, overplayed yes, one of the best of the 90's HELL YES
- 6. Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground
Just a great song from the decade
- 5. Time of Your Life by Green Day
Perfect for any mood
- 4. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 3. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 2. Alive by Pearl Jam
Very close 2nd, this song is absolutely amazing. It makes me tingle
- 1. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Best song of the century let alone the 90's
By: J -mic
- 10. Nothing Else Matters by Mettalica
Despite their recent ventures they at one point did play excellent music.Don't let St. Anger fool you about who they truly where at one point.
- 9. Do The Evolution by Pearl Jam
It is a great song from a very talented band.They are incredible because they never fell into the trappings of their own sucess.
- 8. Down In Hole by Alice In Chains
The world lost one of it's greatest poets when layne staley died.It is quite sad to think of the things that this band could have done.
- 7. Know Your Enemy by Rage Against The Machine
far to monumental not to be mentioned
- 6. Burden In My Hand by Soundgarden
excellent sounding band they just had incredible flow
- 5. Stinkfist by Tool
the best musicians to be in one band together in the last ten years
- 4. Her Black Wings by Danzig
Glenn Danzig some of the best vocals of the late 80's early 90's came from this man and less than 10 kids per high school no about him.Truly Sad
- 3. Unsuccesfully Coping With The Beauty Of Infidelity by Type O Negative
Great lyrics and passion not the most talented band but none the less established themselves in a hostile market
- 2. Hook by Blues Traveler
incredibly talented band that met a need with fans that hadn't been filled in a long time
- 1. The Freshmen by The Verve Pipe
a good song, a good cd, a band that was underrated and falsely labeled by the so called experts
a lot of great songs didn't get to go up here. I hope the some thing good in the music world shows up soon again.
- 10. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 9. The Only One I Know by Charlatans
- 8. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 7. Alright by Supergrass
- 6. Park Life by Blur
- 5. Waterfall by Stone Roses
- 4. Bitter Sweet Symphony by Verve
- 3. Movin On Up by Primal Scream
- 2. Live Forever by Oasis
Sounds fresh even today.
- 1. Step On by Happy Mondays
Jist sounds like the ninties to me.
- 10. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
- 9. Grace by Jeff Buckley
- 8. One by U2
The live version is better than the studio one
- 7. Aenima by Tool
- 6. Estranged by Guns N' Roses
- 5. Say Hello To Heaven by Temple Of The Dog
- 4. Rooster by Alice In Chains
- 3. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden
- 10. Jane Says by Jane's Addiction
- 9. Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla
- 8. Everlong by Foo Fighters
- 7. Brick by Ben Folds Five
- 6. Long December by Counting Crows
- 5. Machine Head by Bush
- 4. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 3. Loser by Beck
- 2. High by Feeder
- 1. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
the 90's f**kin rocked it's weird to think of a time when mainstream music was actually good
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book