What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: [UF] Ultimate-Embix
- 10. Ein Song namens Schunder by Die Ärzte
- 9. Ameno by Era
- 8. Return to Innocence by Enigma
- 7. Auf den Malediven by Die Ärzte
- 6. Liebeslied by Absolute Beginner
- 5. Moo Moo Land by The KLF
- 4. Rythm is a dancer by Snap
- 3. You gotta say yes to another excess by Jam& Spoon - Hands on Yeloo
- 2. Disco Fans by Starwash
- 1. Don't turn around by Ace of Base
- 10. Time Bomb by Godsmack
- 9. 4U by Korn
- 8. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- 7. Faith by Limp Bizkit
- 6. Spleen by Staind
- 5. Outside by Aaron Lewis
- 4. Freak On A Leash by Korn
- 3. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Blind by Korn
By: Tim Pringle
- 10. Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley
- 9. Indifference by Pearl Jam
- 8. Subraumstimulation by Oliver Lieb
- 7. Know Your Enemy by Rage Against the Machine
- 6. Evidence by Faith No More
- 5. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 4. Excuse Me Mr. by Ben Harper
- 3. Notthing Else Matters by Metallica
- 2. Sweet Child O' Mine by Gun's n' Roses
- 1. Give it Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 10. the Love shack by B-52's
oldie but goodie!
- 9. Stan by Eminem with Dido
- 8. Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang
- 7. thong song by Sisqo
- 6. Teenage DirtBag by Wheatus
- 5. Rollin' by Limp Bizket
- 4. Waterfalls by TLC
- 3. Allstar by Smash Mouth
- 2. What's my age again? by Blink 182
my FAVE band
- 1. Jumpin' Jumpin' by Destiney's Child
a wicked song :)
I'm only 11 so most of my list is 1995+ ! :):)
By: Bryan Monaco
- 10. Creep by Radiohead
What a great song, really captures their sound. Radiohead keeps good music alive in the hell of pop that is the new millenium.
- 9. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Their best song without question. And yes, this was made AFTER Californication.
- 8. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
To be honest, great music in the '90's would have never been commercialized without this song/band.
- 7. Enter Sandman by Metallica
One of the most powerful riffs to date.
- 6. Shine by Collective Soul
Thataway boys, great song.
- 5. Alive by Pearl Jam
Amongst the almost perfect that was "ten," Alive stands out as the best of the album and one of their best songs.
- 4. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
To me, the STP are one of the best rock bands of the 90's and this song is definitely top ten of the 90's.
- 3. Burnout by Green Day
Well, Green Day was important during the 90's, and although this song isn't exactly ground breaking, it's Green Day's Best
- 2. Come Out and Play by Offspring
See "Green Day: Burnout"
- 1. Machine Head by Bush
This is just pure hard rock, this should immediately come to mind when thinking of great songs of the decade.
Notes: -These songs are not in order -I did not want to mention songs from the same band -Some great bands I decided to mention in the list are DISGUISED as song listings -Rap should not exist on this list!
- 10. Limp Bizkit by Faith
My top 10 couldn't be complete without this classic. Let's face it, we all know George Micheals (if that's how you spell his name) sucks! Limp Bizkit gave this song exactly what it needed and it propelled them into the public eye.
- 9. Peppyrock by BTK
- 8. Why Don't You Get a Job? by Offspring
- 7. Only God Knows Why by Kid Rock
- 6. Never Ever by All Saints
- 5. Rock DJ by Robbie Williams
- 4. Higher by Creed
- 3. All Star by Smash Mouth
- 2. Changes by 2pac
- 1. Time of your life (Good Riddance) by Green Day
Not the kind of song that I would expect from this particular group, but it touched me. (God I sound like a woman)
I have never been into that bubble gum rock that seems to have popped up in the last couple of years. I figure that this is a pretty solid list of extremely talented artists and can honestly say that I have listened to every song here over a 100 times.
- 10. Walking On The Sun by Smashmouth
- 9. How To Fight Loneliness by Wilco
- 8. Silence by Delerium
- 7. To you I bestow by Mundy
- 6. Bullet with Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Lithium by Nirvana
- 4. All I Need by Air
- 3. Crawling by Linken Park
- 2. Jump by House of Pain
- 1. tear by Smashing Pumpkins
- 10. Say Goodbye by Dave Matthews Band
just an amazing song, and it's all happened to us before.
- 9. Bombs over Baghdad by Outkast
what other band can have a lead singer with a preacher robe and perm and still be so hot...plus they are comin to my school this weekend to play for free!!
- 8. What by A Tribe Called Quest
"What is life if you don't have fun?" Best quote from a song ever...
- 7. don't think i'm not by Kandi
can't really ever get sick of this song and you know you've done what it says in the song anyway...
- 6. Promise by Jagged Edge
Such a great song, my roommate swears they will play this at her wedding
- 5. Gettin jiggy wit it by Will Smith
You know you all the words, and even do the dance sometimes...
- 4. Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks
One of my alltime favorites...had many a drinking party in high school with this in the background
- 3. white lines by I don't even know...
just a great overall song, easy to make up a dance to, and a must have at parties.
- 2. tennesee by Arrested Development
such a hot song, brings a smile to your face when you hear it.
- 1. Rumpshaker by Wrecks n Effect
You have to love this song...come on...sixth grade on the playground...check baby...check baby...you know you sang along.
These aren't in any order...just how I thought of them, maybe reverse order actually...
- 10. mr jones by counting crows
they make me want to stop bathing and become a folk singer.
- 9. sample in a jar by phish
have you hugged a hippie or saved the rain forest lately. if not, then same on you.
- 8. basket case by green day
my multiple personalities say they really enjoy this song and asked it to be put on the list.
- 7. superman is dead by our lady peace
long live slacker rock! truely a break through for indie. couldn't have happened to a better band.
- 6. walk this way by aerosmith w/run dmc
okay, i know this song has nothing to do with the nineties. but i truely believe this song is the roots to rap/rock. so all you limp bizkit and korn fans can thank these guys.
- 5. possum kingdom by toadies
i don't know what it is about this song, but the mysterious feeling of this song made me want to go out a find my own dark secret.
- 4. say it ain't so by weezer
these are the guys that you remember in high school that where in the audio visual club. this song could very well be one in my list, but i thought weezer would have wanted it this way.
- 3. santa monica by everclear
finally evidence that all you need is a three man band with a lead singer who can't sing to make a great song.
- 2. champagne supernova by oasis
oasis truely provided entertainment in an other wise drab mid-90's. who could you not appreciate booze swilling fueding brothers claiming to be bigger than the beatles. rock on.
- 1. one by U2
i can't remember if this song was in the nineties or not, oh well who cares its my list, and u2 rocks. period. six ways to sunday.
i'll mention nirvana, and pearl jam, just because i don't want to feel left out, but besides that, this is it. the definitive top ten list for the last decade.
- 10. Ozzy Ozborne by Good bye to romance
sad song, but it's great, and it relates to eveyr one, in one way or another
- 9. Wonder Wall by Oasis
this song is just great!
- 8. Pardon Me by Incubis
- 7. Teen Spirit by Nirvana
started rock, and kix ass!
- 6. If it makes u happy by Sheryl Crow
i'll make u happy, but u need to just shut up and listen!
- 5. I think god can explain by Splender
this band is so good, and they dont get the publisity that they need to get, there really aswome, check them out, if u havent this song is great too.
- 4. November Rain by Guns n Roses
This song is a beauty, it's a great saranade.
- 3. Gin and Juic by Snoop Doggy Dog and Dr. Dre
this is just a clasic, and its just the all arond party song
- 2. Yellow by Cold Play
it doesnt matter how u feel either, it's always just yellow
- 1. Drive by Incubis
Because no matter what hapens in life, just drive
Sean Colvin, Sunny came home great song too! Verticale Horize, Best i ever had. Madona, What it feels like for a girl. and finally gone till november by wyclief jean
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book