What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Alexandr Cohen
- 10. One Headlight by Wallflowers
Just one of those songs that just hit me. Can't explain why.
- 9. Pearl Jam by I Got Id
See previous comment
- 8. I'll Stick Around by Foo Fighters
My life in a nutshell
- 7. 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
This song came out when I had just started high school. It just captured the feeling of the time.
- 6. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
Can't explain it, I just like it.
- 5. Everlong by Foo Fighters
It was a good summer song.
- 4. Perfect Blue Buildings by Counting Crows
Nice and depressing. Good to bring out the pessimistic side every now and then
- 3. Creep by Radiohead
See Previous statement, yet again
- 2. Jesus He Knows Me by Genesis
A song that reflects my sentiment on the subject.
- 1. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
The words were unintelligeable but the music was awesome. Vedder's voice was just another instrument.
- 10. Northern Star/Goin down by Mel C
Better album than I expected
- 9. Give it up (Quicksilver Remix) by The Good Men
One of the best remixes ever done.
- 8. Man on the moon by REM
Great band. Become better and better the longer they are on top
- 7. Blue Monday by Orgy
I loved the original in the 80s. Now I love the new version done by Orgy.
- 6. New by No Doubt
- 5. Celebration generation by Westbam
- 4. Play Dead/Big time sensuality by Björk
She is great.
- 3. Closer/Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
I love them, their whole music.
- 2. Whiskey in the jar by Metallica
I never thought they could do fun-songs until I heard this one.
- 1. 1 Frozen/2 I want you/3 Music by Madonna
1 The song that brought Madonna back to the top. The Remixes and Video are great, too. 2 I love Madonna and I love Massive Attack. So this song is a must to me. 3 Mirwais rules! Great comeback.
Others: Everything from Madonna, Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznor, U2, REM and Massive Attack
- 10. Biological? Chemical? by Downset
I adore this band; very angry sound. There are several things that I'm angry about, my pint-sized breasts, my chicken legs, my horrible grades, etc.
- 9. Whip It by Devo
The members of this band look like a bunch of geeks. Those thick glasses remind me of my ex. He never took those things off, even when he was eating my ...
- 8. Any of his songs by Les Claypool
My took me to see him not too long ago. He takes me to some classy places like Hooters. I can't blame him though. My set isn't much to look at.
- 7. Any of their songs by Primus
This is my boyfriend's favorite band. As you can see he is a loser.
- 6. Summertime by Janis Joplin
It's too bad she died. I believe she choked on her own vomit. I could see myself doig something similar, only I would choke on another liquidy substance - this one's white.
- 5. Any of their songs by System of a Down
I saw these guys in concert. They are so talented. I love metal. I'm such a little whore.
- 4. Underground by Harvey Danger
These guys are about as talented as the New York Dolls. The guitarist is a rice-eater...reminds me of someone I know.
- 3. Overcome by Tricky
Tricky robbed the cradle for his singer of this song. I can relate. I was cradle robbed when I was 17. Luckily, I wasn't knocked up at such an early age like my slutty sister.
- 2. Joyful Girl by Ani DiFranco
This song makes me sad. It reminds me of my ex. He was such an ugly guy. But that's how I like them - as ugly as you can get. I don't know what it is. I ge kicks out of sick things. To me, the ultimate kick is getting it hard from an ugly guy. My new boyfriend is almost as ugly as my ex, so I'm still a joyful girl. And he's a failure in life just like him too. And they are both 5 inches. I like 'em small.
- 1. 5 Years by Bjork
I love Bjork. She reminds me of me. She's petite, strange, strange looking, elf-like with bad teeth, has an enormous forehead, and has been with many guys. There's only one difference; her eyes are small and mine are like dinner plates.
As you can see, my life is a joke. I'm a horrible student, a loose whore, an evil atheist, and an all around sick girl.
- 10. Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit
The main reason I put this in is because it, like Smells Like Teen Spirit in the early 90`s, is a song for a new generation of Angst Ridden teens. Also, a song that gets a quiet party up on its feet in no time.
- 9. Everlong by Foo Fighters
Dave Grohl came into his own with this song, I think. He is one of the great song writers of the later 90`s and this song shows it. A sure classic.
- 8. The Fire Inside by Bob Seger
I don`t know what it is about this song, but I can never tire of listening to it. Everything about it is great, the back beat of the bass drum, Bob`s raspy voice and thought and image provoking lyrics, and the beautiful piano solos. Don`t always need a soaring guitar solo to make a great rock song, piano can sometimes do it better.
- 7. Come As You Are by Nirvana
A toss up between this and Teen Spirit, I chose this because its catchier and Kurt`s lyrics and musicianship come through better, I find, in this. But Nirvana is probably THE band of the early 90`s at least, of a whole generation.
- 6. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
All in one a sad and happy song. This is also a great example of what happens when you combine a rock band with an orchestra. The result: an almost perfect song. A song perfect for an event like graduation.
- 5. Higher by Creed
Very uplifting, this song really makes you think. Mark Tremonti is leading the new wave of ´real` rock guitarists, as is evidenced in this song.
- 4. The World I know by Collective Soul
Another example of how great orchestra strings can blend with Rock and Roll to make a truly amazing song. This is the song that got me hooked on Collective Soul- a true rock band
- 3. Given To Fly by Pearl Jam
What would a Top Ten list be without a song by Pearl Jam? Although this is relatively new Pearl Jam, it is still my favourite. The lyrics and music blend perfectly together, making it a very enjoyable song to listen to.
- 2. Changes by Tupac
By far the best rap song ever performed. You get a real sense of what growing up in the ghetto is like and Tupac pours his soul out. No wonder he was called the Urban Poet.
- 1. Estranged by Guns N` Roses
The most haunting, beautiful song you will ever hear. Slash`s guitar just wails through the whole song, and the keyboards are the perfect match for it. Especially live, it is very emotional.
While all these songs are great, there are probably many more that would also deserve to be on this list. Among them: November Rain- Guns N` Roses, Jeremy, Evenflow, Better Man- Pearl Jam, California Love- Tupac and Dr. Dre, Release, Emerald- The Tea Party, Anything by The Tragically Hip, Hero of the Day, Enter Sandman- Metallica Gangsta`s Paradise- Coolio, I Believe I Can Fly- R. Kelly, Jump Around- House of Pain, Smooth- Santana, Crossroads- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Unknown Legend- Neil Young, Sinking Like A Sunset- Tom Cochrane, Man On The Moon, Loosing My Religion- R.E.M., Lightning Crashes- Live, and many, many more I can`t mention.
- 10. Hook by Blues Traveler
- 9. Dookie and Insominiac by Green Day
Their two best albums.
- 8. Lightning Crashes by Live
- 7. Siamese Dream (album) by The Smashing Pumpkins
Definately their most original and simply best album.
- 6. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 5. A-Sides (album) by Soundgarden
A collection of some their best songs like Nothing to Say, The Day I Tried To Live, Black Hole Sun, Pretty Noose, and Burden in my Hand.
- 4. All Eyes on Me (album) by 2Pac
The best rap CD ever! He is amazing.
- 3. Lithium by Nirvana
- 2. Breathe by Prodigy
Excelent beats and kick-ass video.
- 1. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pure Heartfelt Lyrics with great guitar. This band is certainly one of the best!
This list should include way more songs. There are so many more...
By: Brad Keith
- 10. Been Caught Stealing by Jane's Addiction
I had to get Jane in here somewhere,even though "Jane Says" is their best song.
- 9. Crush by Dave Matthews Band
- 8. Hit 'em Up by Tupac
- 7. Long View by Green Day
- 6. 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Penny Royal Tea by Nirvana
- 4. Nothin But A G Thang by Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg
- 3. Come As You Are by Nirvana
- 2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 1. All Apologies by Nirvana
The swan song of the greatest performer of the 90's
I'd like to give Nirvana every song on the list, but that would be too boring
By: Rosemary Daniel
- 10. I wish by R. Kelly
- 9. Back & Forth by Aaliyah
- 8. Faith Evans by Love like this
- 7. Need Somebody - out of dr dolittle soundtrack by Aaliyah
- 6. Say My Name by Destiney's child
- 5. Real Close by Next
- 4. No No No - wyclef remix by Destiney's Child
- 3. Stutter by Joe
- 2. Survivor by Destiney's child
- 1. No Diggity by Blackstreet
- 10. can i get a.... by jay-z
- 9. silk by lick you up and down
- 8. my heart will go on by celene dion
- 7. say my name by destineys child
very very very nice
- 6. balla blockin by hot boyz
off the heezy
- 5. heart breaker by mariah carey
- 4. have you ever by brandy
very good song
- 3. no,no,no by destineys child
again destineys child his the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 2. what would you do by citie high
it was sad but not slow it eas definitly tight
- 1. bills,bills,bills by destineys child
them girls are the best that ther be.
destineys child is the best group in the planet.
- 10. XTC & Hennassy by Big Tymer,B.G.
- 9. #1 Stunna by Big Tymers
- 8. Bling Bling by Cash Money
- 7. I Need A Hot Girl by Hot Boys
- 6. Oh No by Mos Def,Nate Dogg,Pharoe Monch
- 5. Trust No Bitch by Penthouse Playaz-Eazy-E,Dj Quick,AMG
- 4. Back That Azz Up by Juvenile
- 3. Let Em Have It by 2pac
- 2. Regulate by Warren G
- 1. Project Cick by Cash Money
You Guy's/Girl's Need To Get These Songs
By: Brian Emerich
- 10. Glyserine by Bush
Another song from one great band.
- 9. Unbelievable by EMF
Who can't love it.
- 8. Shine by Collective Soul
Great rock band and this is their best of the ninetys.
- 7. Money Ain't A Thing by Jumaine Dupri and Jay-Z
Nothing wrong with a little rap.
- 6. Out of My Head by Fastball
Short but great.
- 5. Pink by Aerosmith
Love the rythm and the beat, can't beat it.
- 4. Gone Until November by Wyclef Jean
A little bit of Fugee to add.
- 3. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
Great song with an accent.
- 2. The Freshman by Vervepipe
Great song about a tuff subject.
- 1. Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band
Best song and band of the ninetys.
Hope you like it.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book