What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Cathy Scully
- 10. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
THE best band of the nineties and one that I hope is around for many years to come!!!
- 9. No Distance Left To Run by Blur
I wanted to put a Blur song on here that wasn't the usual 'Britpop'...it was between this one and Tender, two very beautiful songs that are the opposite of each other.
- 8. Big Time Sensuality by Bjork
- 7. Never Enough by The Cure
- 6. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
- 5. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
- 4. Leave Them All Behind by Ride
One of the best songs from the 'shoegazer' era.
- 3. Fait Accompli by Curve
Again, one of the most overlooked bands of the 90s that always had a spot in my CD collection.
- 2. Commercial Rain by Inspiral Carpets
This is the 'signature' song of one of the most overlooked and underrated Manchester bands, the Inspiral Carpets.
- 1. Digging For Fire by Pixies
I just know I've forgotten good songs but these are my favorites. I hope you love them as much as I do!
- 10. If I Am by Nine Days
Australian band with some real good music. Quite emotional song, but again, another song to just chill out with.
- 9. Wonderwall / Champagne Supernova by Oasis
Brit music at its best. Brilliant songs, pity the band members were mainly a bunch of wankers.
- 8. Otherside / Soul to Squeeze by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Both top songs in their own right. Otherside, you can really get into and Soul to Squeeze is another top chill out song.
- 7. Desperately Wanting by Better than Ezra
Classic song, reminds you of your times 'back in the day'
- 6. Fall at your Feet by Crowded House
Another top NZ band. Nice tune, Neil Finn (now solo) has an incredible voice and sings some hell relaxing tunes.
- 5. Home Again by Shihad
Brilliant New Zealand band. Whenever they come back from touring they play this song and they are one of the best live acts in this part of the world.
- 4. With or Without You by U2
Really relaxing song about someone you really care about
- 3. Mr Jones by Counting Crows
Real good song to sit down and sing to
- 2. Do the Evolution by Pearl Jam
Great song to go nuts to. Pretty much any PJ song could be here and there are heaps that are better than Jeremy.
- 1. Say it ain't so by Weezer
Just plain Classic
I can't stress enough how much I love Pearl Jam. Anyone starting to get into them should listen to Elderly woman..., Alive, Release, Wishlist, Corduroy, Betterman, Off he goes. Actually, just go to a concert, its better.
- 10. Beautiful Night by Paul McCartney
This one remember me those Paul's golden years
- 9. Everybody hurts by R.E.M.
This on hurts me... don't you ?
- 8. Can't get you off my mind by Lenny Kravitz
- 7. Allright by Jamiroquai
- 6. Staring at the sun by U2
- 5. Amazing by Aerosmith
- 4. Out of tears by Rolling Stones
They're still alive !
- 3. Don't look back in anger by Aerosmith
- 2. Thank you for hearing me by Sinnead O'Connor
- 1. Crazy by Aerosmith
It's so, so cool !!!! Just think in the video girls and...
By: Sam Richardson
- 10. One by Metallica
A song about the tragedy and horror of war
- 9. Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley
I see it as Jeff's last goodbye to the world
- 8. Passenger by Deftones/Maynard James Keenan
A song I can relate to in terms of peer pressure and teen spirit
- 7. Aenima by Tool
The bands interpretation of LA or any other city in general
- 6. Pyramid Song by Radiohead
A song about the future and armageddon.
- 5. 3 Libras by A Perfect Circle
A song about a love not meant to be
- 4. We're in this together by Nine Inch Nails
A twisted lovesong but nevertheless a must for every music fan
- 3. Lateralus by Tool
A song of 9 minutes all pure brilliance. Lyrics I interpreted are written to inspire. Sums up the human spirit in 9 minutes.
- 2. Flames by Vast
A love song in the truest sense, brilliant cello.
- 1. Touched by Vast
Brilliant, from the lyrics to the sampling to the music, simply a masterpiece.
- 10. Heartbreak Hotel by Whitney Houston
Once again the diva shows that she is the best and tops the charts with this great ballad.
- 9. I Turn To You by Christina Aguilera
Christina has the strongest voice of teen pop today. She sings from the heart and does it well.
- 8. Waiting For Tonight by Jennifer Lopez
She may not be that vocally blessed, but she uses what she has and does it well.
- 7. UnBreak My Heart by Toni Braxton
A diva in her own right.
- 6. Doo Wop by Lauryn Hill
That girl can go with the best of them.
- 5. Go Deep by Janet Jackson
One of Janet's greatest hits.
- 4. Heartbreaker Remix by Mariah Carey
This was a great song by Mariah. She's the only person who comes close to Whitney Houston vocally.
- 3. I'm Your Baby Tonight by Whitney Houston
A more dancable song that shows Whitney's fun side. The girl can blow. She can sing any genre of music!
- 2. Scream by Michael and Janet Jackson
This song takes a shot at the media and they deserve it. Besides, the video is cool!
- 1. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
Whitney is the diva of the 90's. This song shows that she is indeed the best vocalist ever
Honorable Mention: Erykah Badu, Destiny's Child, Brandy, R. Kelly
By: DJ Beat-E
- 10. Heartbreaker by Jill Dreski
- 9. Passion by Amen UK
- 8. Out Of Space by The Prodigy
- 7. Shooting Star by Bang!
- 6. Eye Opener by Brisk & Trixxy
- 5. Set You Free by N-Trance
- 4. Soul & Body by TFO
- 3. Get-A-way by Maxx
- 2. Think About The Way by Ice MC
- 1. Ebeneezer Goode by The Shamen
- 10. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix A Lot
Turn around, stick it out, even white boys got to shout . . .
- 9. Basketcase by Green Day
Am I just paranoid?
- 8. Kiss From A Rose by Seal
- 7. Run-Around by Blues Traveler
another smash from '94
- 6. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
Pass me a bottle, Mr. Jones
- 5. How Bizarre by OMC
it's their only hit, but what a crazy hit it was
- 4. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 3. Losing My Religion by REM
That's me in the corner
- 2. Smooth by Santana featuring Rob Thomas
awesome guitar, awesome lyrics, smooth delivery
- 1. Vogue by Madonna
strike a pose
By: Kira Summer
- 10. Wonderful by Everclear
This band is AMAZING. This song ecspecially. The guy has a great voice and you can tell he put his heart and soul into both the song and the album.
- 9. Say it Aint So by Weezer
You can obviously tell I'm a devoted fan...
- 8. Paul Revere by Beastie Boys
I let this one explain itself.
- 7. Long View by Green Day
Wow, I'm really into repeats today!Ü
- 6. Best Ever (Grey Sky Morning) by Vertical Horizen
I love to chill to their music this song just makes me cry.
- 5. Undone (The Sweater Song) by Weezer
Another =w= angain!! This song is just a classic and that's all there is to it.
- 4. Minority by Green Day
This song just expresses how I feel about life! I wanna be the Minority I don't need your authority etc.
- 3. Bugs by Pearl Jam
Oh my God this guy was on ACID when he wrote this!!
- 2. Come as You Are by Nirvana
My friend lent me this CD and I never gave it back!!
- 1. El Scorcho by Weezer
Dude, this song has a bitter side, a sad side and a HILARIOUS side too!! Though Rivers was not so pleased with it I love it damnit!!!
I'm 13 so I guess, yeah I am kinda cheating because I havn't really LIVED the ninties as much as most, however there was no TOP 10 2001 LIST so I guess I'll go with this!!! I realise that many of these songs are VERY recent but hey I tried to mix them up. I also would of made EVERY song Weezer but I suppose that would be a bit much. Peace, Love, Happiness, Rock on.
By: brain candy
- 10. Doll Parts by Malibu
- 9. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 8. Mrs Robinson by Lemonheads
- 7. Caught By The Fuzz by Supergrass
- 6. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 5. Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
- 4. In the Meantime by Spacehog
In the industries eyes, a one hit wonder. This is a great band and everyone needs to check them out.
- 3. Everlong by Foo Fighters
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
the obvious choice.....
- 1. No Rain by Blind Melon
Come on, who doesnt remember the "bee girl". Anyways, this band ROCKS and should be looked into. There is much more here than a bee girl and no rain.
- 10. purple haze by six feet under
i know it's a 60s song but this cover is absolutely legendary... great one of a great song...
- 9. nothing else matters by metallica
need i say anything metallica speaks for itself...
- 8. wonderwall by oasis
this is a year 10 camp song but it always meant something special to me
- 7. come down / little things by Bush
anything from bush is wortha mention glycerine was real good as well
- 6. Rammstein by Du Hast
c'mon it's the matrix.. it rules..
- 5. i'll kiss your lips by Tokyo Ghetto Pussy
well this song was a rock estedfod song for me in year 7 so i guess it's got a lot of meaning for me but it's just really good...
- 4. smells like teen spirit by nirvana
it wouldn't be a ninety top ten without this song
- 3. Volcano Girls by Veruca Salt
This song's ledje.. it was very early ninetys for me...
- 2. steam by east 17
c'mon it's the ninetys this was such a good song to move for me.. it's cool..
- 1. San Dimas High School Football Rules by THE*ATARIS
The ataris absolutely rule.. san dimas rules .. kris roe rules punk rock rules.. nothing else to say..
honourable mentions include the whitlams no aphrodesiac, jesus freak dc talk, jelly head crush, throw your arms around me paul mc dermmott, anything by cake, korn, limp bizkit,nick cave there's so much good talent around without having to resort to teeny bopper shit.. it's just so diverse
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book