What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 9. Beautiful Day by U2
- 8. Good Ridence by Green Day
- 7. How You Remind Me by Nickelback
- 6. It's Been Awhile by Staind
- 5. Jaded by Aerosmith
- 4. Under The Bridge by The Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- 3. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
- 2. Losin My Religion by Rem
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirt by Nirvana
- 10. Change by Blind Melon
But I know we can't all stay here forever so I want to write my words on the face of today.
- 9. Freshman by Verve Pipe
When I was young I knew everything.
- 8. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
Wrong way on a one way track. Seems like I should be getting somewhere. Somehow I'm neither here nor there.
- 7. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
When I look at the television I want to see me, staring right back at me.
- 6. Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins
I used to be a little boy.
- 5. Naveed by Our Lady Peace
I used to work with the lead singer of OLP until I realized he was not the lead singer just some average joe who looked identical.
- 4. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossom
The past is gone but someting might be found to take its place.
- 3. Cry in the Sun by Better than Ezra
There's a person, place or time, that brings you back and makes you feel alive.
- 2. Lithium by Nirvana
I'm so ugly that's OK cause so are you.
- 1. Black by Pearl Jam
And now my bitter hands, cradle broken glass of what was everything.
Tough list. I picked songs that not only sounded good but also told a story. That's the true sign of a great song. I choose to limit myself to one song per group and still missed several groups: Would by Alice in Chains, Bleed a Little While Tonight by Lowest of the Low and Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden and Plowed by Sponge to name a few. Maybe next time.
By: Steve P
- 10. Polly by Nirvana
- 9. Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 8. Aneurysm by Nirvana
- 7. Pennyroyal Tea by Nirvana
- 6. In Bloom by Nirvana
- 5. Come As You Are by Nirvana
- 4. Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Cover) by Nirvana
- 3. Rape Me by Nirvana
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Lithium by Nirvana
If there was any band better than Nirvana in the 90's, I don't want to know about it.
- 10. Korn by All in the Family
- 9. System of a Down by Toxicity
It's #9, but its one of my favorites
- 8. System of a Down by Atwa
If i could do um all S.O.D i would
- 7. Ride Wit Me by Nelly
The songs old now ,but it was great then
- 6. Big Pimpin by Jay-Z
Dopest MC of all time, and hes a pimp$$$$$
- 5. Come As You Are by Nirvana
Nirvana rocks 4 ever!
- 4. What's my Name by DMX
Hes a hardcore Bad a$$
- 3. Chop Suey by System of a Down
Greatest band of all time!!!
- 2. Changes by 2pac
- 1. SmeLLs Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
This is the greatest F***inf rock song ever!!!!R.I.P Kurt Cobain
- 10. Hypnotize Cash Money by Tear Da Club Up Thugz (Three6), Hot Boys (CMR)
- 9. Gin N Juice by Snoop Dogg
- 8. California Love by 2Pac
- 7. Guess Who's Back by Rakim
- 6. I Just Wanna Love You by Jay-Z
Greatest rapper of all time
- 5. Oh No by Mos Def, Nate Dogg, Pharoahe Monch
- 4. Juicy by Notorious BIG
- 3. Changes by 2Pac
- 2. Crossroads by Bone Thugs N Harmony
- 1. Ain't Nuttin But A G Thang by Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg
Others I couldn't get in...DMX- Slippin, JayZ- Can I Get A Fuck You, Krayzie Bone- Time After Time, 2Pac- Dear Mama, 2Pac- Baby Don't Cry, 2Pac- Ambitionz Az A Ridah, JayZ-Big Pimpin, Eminem- Rock Bottom, Nelly- Country Grammar, Nelly- Ride Wit Me, Nelly EI, Nelly- Luven Me, Nelly Batter Up, 2Pac- Until The End Of Time, Notorious BIG- Hypnotize, Common- The Light......so many more trust me...one love
- 10. Genocide by The Offspring
Who ever thought that genocide could be so fun?
- 9. Song 2 by Blur
It was supposed to be a spoof on North American rock. Everybody fell for it. You did too.
- 8. Tweeter and the Monkeyman by Headstones
It's easily the best cover that I've ever heard.
- 7. Boogie King by Screaming Cheetah Wheelies
Maybe they were trying to be too cool with this song, but it worked. "The boogie woogie king of the mountain top, is what I am."
- 6. Hope In A Hopeless World by Widespread Panic
See if you'll ever find a song this soulful on Total Request Live. Or anywhere else for that matter.
- 5. Leader of Men by Nickleback
It breaks conventions, it rocks, and they're from small town Alberta.
- 4. Fly by Loudmouth
It's the only song that I want to hear in the morning.
- 3. Keep Away by Godsmack
Look down at your speedometer after listening to this tune in your car. You're damn right you're pumped.
- 2. New Orleans Is Sinking by The Tragically Hip
Listen to the various live versions out there. Confusingly brilliant.
- 1. Pity For A Dime by Creed
Great, melodic song with a killer finish. Mark Tremonti is the only guitarist in a popular band with enough guts to all out shred.
These are only songs that struck me as I wrote this.
- 10. Macarena by Los Del Mar
Oh my gosh! That dance was so much fun!
- 9. Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera
Tell me that song doesn't make you wanna dance!
- 8. Is There Life Out There by Reba McEntire
She is my fave country singer and that song was just great!
- 7. Baby One More Time by Britney Spears
Hello! That song is so totally awesome!
- 6. One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey
Ok that's the last Mariah Carey song I swear! She just has awesome music that you can't help but lvoe!
- 5. Hero by Mariah Carey
Are you beginning to see a pattern here? I love Mariah Carey!
- 4. Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey
This one makes me get on my feet and groove to the beat!
- 3. Fantasy by Mariah Carey
I cant' help but dance to this song!
- 2. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
Now you can't tell me that this song is not the greatest because it is!
- 1. All My Life by K-Ci & JoJo
This song is and always will be my favorite song of all time!
I love to listen to all kinds of music! These are just a few of my favorites from the 90's!
- 10. Drawing Down The Moon by The Tea Party
Great song... wicked album, it's all over the place
- 9. I Stay Away by Alice In Chains
The entire album is wicked
- 8. November Rain by Guns n Roses
Beautiful guitar shit
- 7. El Phantasmo and the Chicken Run Blastorama by White Zombie
Another wicked album
- 6. Eulogy by Tool
I don't like their new album, Aenima rocked though
- 5. Floods by Pantera
Dime Bag is my hero
- 4. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
I haven't listened to this song in ages but it kinda signifies the whole 90's attitude or whatever, I'm just talkin outta my ass
- 3. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due by Megadeth
Released in 1990, one of the best songs ever... fills me with rage
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
The whole album is amazing
- 1. Enter Sandman by Metallica
Not my favorite Metallica song but its' release was huge... everywhere
Will there ever be another musical revolution like in the 60's or the 90's? I think record companies are trying to create the illusion of another "movement" (to quote Fraud Durst) to make people feel all warm and fuzzy about buying their products.
- 10. Big Long Now by Nirvana
The most depressing song ive ever heard, but i like that kinda stuff, its very good and is an under rated Nirvana song.
- 9. Be Quiet and Drive (far away) by Deftones
Very gloomy depressing rock song with loadsa distortion, but really relaxing and good.
- 8. The Big F**K You by Primer 55
This song makes u REALLY agressive, its a really heavy all round good metal song.
- 7. A Design For Life by The Manic Street Preachers
A great band, with a great song, from a great country - WALES!
- 6. Fraternity by Foo Fighters
Very rare song, a b-side to generator i think, but in my opinion their best song!
- 5. What I Got by Sublime
Featured on the Dave Mirra BMX soundtrack, a great accoustic song.
- 4. Dementia 7 by Nirvana
Really depressing, sad song but really cool.
- 3. Song 2 by Blur
This song just kicks ass.
- 2. About a Girl by Nirvana
Although Santeria is the best song ever written, Nirvana are the best BAND ever, and this is their best song.
- 1. Santeria by Sublime
This is the most powerfully relaxing reggae song I've ever heard. It beats every other song. I used to be a rocker only, but this got me into reggae!
Yea, im sick of all the crap bands turning up in the charts at the moment - Blink 182, Sum 41, Papa Roach and WHEATUS!!!. These bands suck and the only ppl who like them are people trying to be 'rockers'. Come on guys, listen to a real band like Nirvana or something.
- 10. Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine
- 9. Sleepwalk Capsules by At The Drive In
- 8. '87 by Bouncing Souls
- 7. Fade Into You by Mazzy Star
- 6. Intergalactic by Beastie Boys
- 5. Hyper-Ballad by Bjork
- 4. Jane Says by Janes Addiction
- 3. Totalimmortal by AFI
- 2. Killer Cars by Radiohead
- 1. Wild Horses by The Sundays
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book