What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Kula Shaker by Hush
- 9. Only One Time by Enya
- 8. Freestyler by Bomfunk Mc's
- 7. What It's Like by Everlast
- 6. Not An Addict by K's Choice
- 5. Alive by Pearl Jam
- 4. Who Want's To Live Forever? by Queen
- 3. Changes by Tupac
- 2. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
- 1. November Rain by Guns&Roses
Great guitar solo
By: Bob Bobberson
- 10. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Just remembered this one, maybe should be a little higher on the list, John Frusciante is the shiznit
- 9. When I Come Around by Green Day
Can't beat these 4 catchy chords, and the saliva flying from Billy Joe's mouth
- 8. Day I Tried to Live by Soundgarden
Another great riff, with a killer bass line, plus nobody sings quite like Chris Cornell
- 7. Pardon Me by Incubis
Can't beat the lyrics to this song if you've ever thought about them
- 6. Lightning Crashes by Live
I can feeeeeeeel iiiiiit
- 5. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
Killer video, pumpkins rock
- 4. Dissident by Pearl Jam
Love that opening riff
- 3. Big Empty by Stone Temple Pilots
Who knows what Scott Weiland is singing about but this track rocks
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
First tingle in the loins of alternative music
- 1. Two Step by Dave Matthews Band
Just cause i feel Dave has been neglected on other lists
Shout out to Jane's Addiction, Counting Crows, U2, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Notorious B.I.G, and all the other killer bands that just missed my list
- 10. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
Incredible guitar, amazing song.
- 9. Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks
Ultimate drinking song, classic.
- 8. E.I. by Nelly
- 7. Angel of Mine by Monica
- 6. Shorty Wanna be a Thug by Tupac
Once again, one of the greatest rap songs...
- 5. Burbons and Lacs by Master P
This has got to be one of the greatest rap songs of all time (at least I think so).
- 4. Swallowed by Bush
- 3. Stand by Me by Ben E. King
Ok, this song is not from this decade, but I had to include it.
- 2. Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
- 1. Crazy and Cryin' by Aerosmith
- 10. If You Must by Del Tha Funkee Homosapian
Personal hygeine is good.
- 9. Sugar Cane by Space Monkies
Drugs are bad.
- 8. Human Nature by Madonna
My friend made me put a Madonna song on the list.
- 7. Jinx/Haushinka by Green Day
- 6. I Choose by Offspring
I choose this song.
- 5. Only Happy When it Rains by Garbage
It's a fun song to listen to.
- 4. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
Its name is funny, and Eddy Vedder mumbles on it.
- 3. Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins
It sounds purdy.
- 2. Spoon Man by Soundgarden
It talks about skeletons and Indians and stuff.
- 1. No Rain by Blind Melon
Most influential song ever.
By: Dr. E
- 10. The Real Slim Shaddy--- Stan by Eminem
what can i say, both songs won him the music awards. a great rapper with lots of potential. some dont like him but to be honest he is pretty straight forward with what he says, instead of saying east side west side crap at least he raps about his life and experiences..
- 9. Bye Bye Bye by Nsync
i hate these little bastards, but they are popular so i had to list them, NO tallent, boys to men is tallent not this.....
- 8. One More Time by Brittany Spears
she has no tallent, but since this is about what we think are the most POPULAR songs then i got to give it here. all the 9yr olds love her.
- 7. Dear Momma by 2 pac
this song is so sad, im a big tough guy but this song even brings a tear to my eye.. this actually was the case for a friend of mine..
- 6. There All Gonna Laugh At You by Adam Sandler
who else but sandler could make 4 albums of comedy songs and acutally sell them.. oh f**k me in the goat a** lol
- 5. Paradice City by Guns And Roses
where we all want to go.. take me there..
- 4. Shorty The Pimp by Too Short
the first real pimp, player, in the rap game. songs were straight up and had a good beat--- outcome = winner..
- 3. Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down
if you workout at the gym, then you learned to love this song.. super rage in this song made you want to try that 300lbs on the bench press. yea right.
- 2. Me So Horney by 2 Live Crew
if the song isnt enough to rank this song the media attention would. everyone knew this group from florida because of there harsh lyrics
- 1. Ice Ice baby by Vanilla Ice
how could this be overlooked, whether you like him or not everyone was rocking to this song driving there 5.0 down A1A
the 90s were great, i could sit back down and list 10 diffent song so easily that had a impact on the 90s.. but our kids will laugh at this music one day.. who knows carnival music will probably be the (IN) thing and they will look at our music like we do the 50s.. peace and love..
By: Allan Lanston
- 10. Tripping on a Hole by Stone Temple Pilots
- 9. Demon Cleaner by Kyuss
- 8. I Stay Away by Live
- 7. I Alone by Live
- 6. Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Elderly Woman . . . by Pearl Jam
- 4. Like Suicide by Soundgarden
- 3. The World I Know by Collective Soul
- 2. Sunshower by Chris Cornell
- 1. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
Surreal lyrical abstraction combined with enchanting music make this the greatest song of the nineties.
Blink 182 is the worst band in the history of the world.
By: Ranjeev Sanghera
- 10. Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
- 9. Quiet Storm by Mobb Deep
- 8. New Noise by Refused
- 7. Karma Police by Radiohead
- 6. Sober by Tool
- 5. All That I Got Is You by Ghostface Killah
- 4. End Of The Road by Boyz II Men
- 3. Phone Tap by The Firm
- 2. Nirvana by Smells Like Teen Spirit
- 1. Hit Em Up by 2-Pac
- 10. Lets Go All The Way by Insane Clown Posse
- 9. Hello by Ice Cube w/Dr.Dre
- 8. Hipnotize by Notorious B.I.G. (Biggy)
- 7. Aaliyah w/Timberland by That Somebody
- 6. California Love by Tupac,Dr.Dre
- 5. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix A Lot
This songs just never faded everyone still loves it!
- 4. Big Poppa by Notorious B.I.G. (Biggy)
- 3. Champaigne Supernova by Oasis
- 2. Hero by Mariah Carey
- 1. Play On by KottonMouth Kings
- 10. Staring At The Sun by Offspring
You haven't heard this unless you have the "Americana" album, and that sucks, cause this is above and beyond their best song.
- 9. Celebrity Skin by Hole
So what if she killed Kurt Cobain, a great song from the very best of the chick bands.
- 8. Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry
Yeah, I know this isn't as hardcore as the others, but you know how it is.
- 7. Beastie Boys by Intergalactic
- 6. Superman by Goldfinger
Come on, this song MADE Tony Hawk Pro Skater.
- 5. All The Small Things by Blink 182
- 4. When I Come Around by Green Day
- 3. April 26, 1992 by Sublime
ha, for a second I was thinking "was this song made in the 90's? " Am I retarded or something? No, just tired.
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
No explanation, the best song from the best band ever.
I missed the wallflowers, Third eye blind, Oasis, STP, but the greatest tradgedy is that the safety dance was from the 80s.
By: Dave Slimp
- 10. Feel Like Making Love by Goldfinger
a song about sex cant go wrong
- 9. Renegade by Jay Z And Eminem
two of the best at their best and its good
- 8. My Boyfriends Back Cover by Me First And The Gimme Gimmes
- 7. Purple Pills by Eminem And D12
i know its sorta a pop song now but it is a truly great beat
- 6. Ruff Ryders Anthem by Dmx And The Rest Of The Ruff Ryders
- 5. Punk Rawk Show by MXPX
punk near its finest
- 4. Arizona Stand by Lucky Boys Confusion
all there songs are good but this was the originator another true good punk song
- 3. Gin And Juice Cover by NOFx
and you thought the snoop version was good they rock the house also my vagina is good
- 2. Twisted Heat by Twista And Drag-on
this song is nuts amazing and the best rap song ever check it out
- 1. Radio by Alkaline Trio
Anyone of theirs songs could be on here but the lyrical originality makes this so great "shaking like a dog shitting razor blades" also try my friend peter private eye bloodied up hell yes
anything by alk3 or nofx is damn good and deserving of the top ten so is most anything by eminem he is the lennon of rap there is a lot of punk and rap influence and wutang can fit on here too theres just not enough room
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book