What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Paul Stadden
- 10. Of Wolf and Man by Metallica
I opened with Metallica, I'll close with Metallica. This really reminded me of something that Black Sabbath would have done.
- 9. Can't Get Close Enough to You by Black Sabbath
This was their last studio album. This song shows how versatile Tony Martin's voice can be, and how Tony Iommi can still write riffs after so many years. I love the lyrics.
- 8. Can You Take Me High Enough? by Damn Yankees
Ted Nugent has real winner here, I don't know one person that doesn't like this song.
- 7. Paul McCartney by Flaming Pie
He's the best. Paul McCartney is simply the best songwriter of all time. Besides, this song is just neat for how silly it is.
- 6. Sabbath Stones by Black Sabbath
After 20 years, and with one original member, they can still turn out some pretty dang cool songs. The opening riff and Tony Martin's voice are perfect together.
- 5. On the Golden Horse by Jimmy Page and Robert Plant
I love this riff! After almost thirty years it impresses me that they can still come up stuff this good.
- 4. What Do You Want? by Pink Floyd
Ahh, no more Roger Waters. David Gilmour's voice is sooo much better. Although the songs aren't quite what they were in the Waters years, I think I can deal with it.
- 3. American Woman by Lenny Kravitz
Another excellent cover song. Lenny really turned that song into something different.
- 2. Little Wing by Stevie Ray Vaughan
Off the last album of all new material for Stevie, this was probably better than the orignal version by Jimi Hendrix.
- 1. Unforgiven by Metallica
This was probably the best song they ever did. Very good transition of heavy to soft.
I wish the Beatles were still around.
By: Lisa Serrato
- 10. Backstreet's Back by Backstreet Boys
i like the way a.j. is dressed as the vampire.
- 9. Killing Me Softly by Janet Jackson
i like the way that she sings.
- 8. Pimpin by Jay-Z
i like the boat they are on.
- 7. It's Gonna Be Me by N'SYNC
I liike the way they look like dolls,and j.c. is soo fine.
- 6. End of The Road by Boyz II men
i like the song and plus i like shawn the tall skinny guy.
- 5. Jumpin Jumpin by Destiny's Child
I like how fast the song goes i can follow it and i can't believe it i can never follow things that go the fast.
- 4. Try Again by Aaliah
I like the video and plus she is a good singer.
- 3. Oooops i did it again by Brittany Spears
It is a good song but a stupid video.
- 2. The Thong Song by Sisqo
It is a cool song and i like the outfits that all the girls are wearing in the video.
- 1. Maria Maria by Santana
I like it b/c it has alittle bit of spanish and english.It is ths coolest.
- 10. Ice, Ice baby by Vanilla Ice
Come on, you have to love this song, even if you won't admit it
- 9. Bye Bye Bye by NSync
Yes they are gay but everyone loves this song!
- 8. Estoy Aqui by Shakira
A mix between latin and Arabic roots, this girls voice is amazing, which goes along well with the up-beat song.
- 7. Recently by Dave Matthews Band
"Recently have our lives been content in dreaming, I have been"
- 6. I wish I was a queer, so I could get chicks by Bloodhouse Gang
This was on their first CD, and they weren't noticed enough. There is no song on this CD that wont make you piss your pants.
- 5. Back that Ass UP by Juvinille
Call me big daddy
- 4. Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
I dont know of one person who doesn't just want to head-bang when they hear this song
- 3. You're a God by Verticle Horizon
This band has so much talent, I hope they go places
- 2. Brick by Ben Folds Five
"She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly..." Modern Jazz, very moving.
- 1. Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band
Besides that this is the greatest band to EVER live, this song can relate to everyone, and always get the crowd moving
Dave Matthews Band is the greatest band ever.
By: James Jackson
- 10. U Cant' Touch This by MC Hammer
When I was a kid this song rocked man, and those pants......hell yeah!!
- 9. Free Falling by Tom Petty
When I first heard this song it was like I was freely falling in love with it.....thought I'd put something corny on here like this.
- 8. 40oz. To Freedom by Sublime
You got your hair permed,you got you red dress on, screamin.....this song kicked some ass!
- 7. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Even though you can't understand the words very well....who cares!!! This song still kicks ass.
- 6. Enter Sandman by Metallica
Every time I go to a dance this song always plays, its art man!!!
- 5. Wrong Way by Sublime
They didn't write this song the wrong way.....in fact it was the right way! I know I have alot of Sublime songs on here but....man the totally kick ass!!!
- 4. What I Got by Sublime
Now this was some awesome shit overall I believe Sublime reigns as the top group of the 90's!
- 3. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
Alright stop!!! Calaborate, and listen...this song still kicks ass.
- 2. What If by Creed
Even though this is a sort of new song, I still think it deserves a high spot on here because the song rocks. I think Creed could become one of the best bands ever!!
- 1. Unforgiven 1 & 2 by Metallica
Both of these songs are great and they go together so I think they should share the Title of number one song
Alright you people who this these bsb-n sync bands can be on the top ten thats crap they have been round 4 like two years plus none of thier music is good. This is the top ten of the 90's not the top ten shittiest of 1999!! Plus for those who have Ricky Martin on here..I'll tell you what to do...go to Napster...download the song called Livin' The Vida Home this will clearly x-plain why ricky sucks ass...literally!
By: Corinne Heller
- 10. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 9. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 8. Goodnight Girl by Wet Wet Wet
- 7. Mother, Mother by Tracy Bonham
- 6. Crush by Dave Mathews Band
- 5. Long Day by Matchbox Twenty
- 4. Bitch by Meredith Brooks
- 3. No Matter What by Boyzone
- 2. Smooth by Santana feat. Rob Thomas
- 1. Always by Bon Jovi
Kurt Cobain's death in 1993 basically signalled the end of rock as we know it..opening the door for wannabe teenage groups and rap/hip hop schlop to steal the 90's scene. The Seatle-Grundge craze died shortly after, and computerized music replaced guitars as dance and trance killed off the remains of what was formally called Music Television. With the pure exception of 1996 (the year Alanis and other artists such as Green Day brought rock back for a brief moment..there, you missed it), the 90's was a year of BAD music and equally BAD egos to accompany it. These are a few of the exceptions. (list)
By: Nik Mills
- 10. Sick of Myself by Mathew Sweet
A really fun song. Great chorus.
- 9. Man on the Moon by REM
They mad a song about Andy Kuafman catchy and one they'll always be remembered by.
- 8. Grace, Too by The Tragically Hip
The best rock band in north America. Too bad they can't get any exposure in the States.
- 7. Just by Radiohead
Haunting and angry with raw vocals. Damn, You seen that video?
- 6. No Excuses by Alice In Chains
It's like a heavy folk song.
- 5. State of Love and Trust by Pearl Jam
Off the best soundtrack of the 90's (Singles)
- 4. Dancing Days by Stone Temple Pilots
it's a cover of my favorite Led Zepplin song. And STP does it better than the original.
- 3. under the bridge by red hot chilli peppers
perfect combo of lyrics and music.
- 2. Are you gonna go my way by Lenny Kravitz
This is a great party song. Plus it has one of the best guitar solos of the decade.
- 1. interstate love song by stone temple pilots
No one in this band hogs the spot light, songs like this show just what it means to play together as a band and create a wicked full sound.
Being a huge guitar rock fan, my songs are similarly hard and guitar driven, but what really makes a song great to me is the meaning and quality of well thought out lyrics being set to the right music.
- 10. Live FOrever by Oasis
- 9. Living La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin
not of of my faves, but it sure was a hit
- 8. Crash into me by DMB*
what is there to say?
- 7. Two Step by Dave Matthews Band (DMB)
Ok, here's where I admit I'm biased. DMB RULES. they are the musicians in popular music as opposed to the newer "FAKE" bands like N*sync and 98 degrees. This song changes beats and has uplifting lyrics. more DMB faves...
- 6. Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
- 5. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
- 4. Meet Virginia by Train
Sweet, well though lyrics; really follows a true-to-life story line.
- 3. Allstar by Smashmouth
Gets you pumped, good guitar variations
- 2. Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton
- 1. Crush by Dave Matthews
Real musicians, this band put together and amazing love song with a great fiddle solo and great lyrics.
Stay (wastin time) by dave matthews, blue da ba dee (hey, i'm young...i missed a ton of 90's and this reminds me of basketball in junior high. it's what we warmed up to every stinkin game!! :), walking on the sun. all cool songs.
- 10. Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
A top quality song this is definately may favourate song by the verve it is in my opinion better than drugs dont work
- 9. A Design For Life For Life by Manic Street Preachers
A truely amazing song I love love love love it the manics arent thought the best welsh band ever!
- 8. Fools Gold by Stone Roses
I love this song it can get you dancin this one a fine piece of work from Ian and the lads
- 7. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
Beautiful as it is a great song, one of the greatest in it's time
- 6. Local Boy In The Photograph by Stereophonics
One of the best songs i've ever heard, the song about a true story of a suicide on a railway isn't blatently obvious in it's lyrics, it makes you ask yourself what really happened nostalgia beyond belief
- 5. Celebrity Skin by Hole
TOp Top Top this is without doubt the best song by hole, Brilliant work Courtney
- 4. Imagine by John Lennon
A masterpiece, the intro one of the most reckognisable ever, this was the best piece of work from Lennon in my opinion
- 3. A Thousand Trees by Stereophonics
Arguably the phonics' best song, this was the song that first made the best welsh band ever famous back in 97, another true story. The line "it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, only takes one match to burn a thousand trees" has to be one of the best pieces of songwriting ever
- 2. Live Forever by Oasis
Oasis's best song in my opinion, i play it today tomorrow forever
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
In 1991, something called grunge came to town, this created something new the world loved it until it ened about a year later, Nirvana never wrote as good a song as Teen Spirit again.
I can think of so many good songs that didn't make this list. I personally like rock/indie/alternative music with some dance late 90s pop isn't really what i like.
By: Rob Humanick
- 10. The Way by Fastball
- 9. Freak On A Leash by KoRn
- 8. Time of Your Life (Good Riddance) by Green Day
- 7. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio
- 6. Otherside by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 5. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 4. Possession by Sarah McLachlan
- 3. Adam's Song by Blink 182
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
By: Max Ronne
- 10. Killing Me Softly by Fugees
- 9. Ain't Nothin But A G Thang by Dr.Dre [Snoop Dogg]
- 8. Sabotage by Beastie Boys
- 7. Creep by Radiohead
- 6. Name by Goo Goo Dolls
- 5. Loser by Beck
- 4. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 3. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 2. Bittersweet Symohony by The Verve
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book