What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Polly by Nirvana
- 9. Dumb by Nirvana
- 8. Lithium by Nirvana
- 7. tourette's by Nirvana
- 6. About A Girl by Nirvana
- 5. Man Who Sold the World by Nirvana
- 4. Anyeurism by Nirvana
- 3. Come As You Are by Nirvana
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Drain You by Nirvana
Notice a pattern?...
- 10. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 by Dj Icey
- 9. Burn 'Em Down by Sick Of It All
- 8. The Code (Usual Suspects rmx) by Absolute Zero + Subphonics
- 7. Cemetery Gates by pantera
- 6. Forever by John B
- 5. Music is Moving (hard nrg mix) by Cortina
- 4. Conductin' Things by Maestro Fresh Wes
- 3. Look Out Weekend by Debbie Deb
- 2. Cantaloop (Flip Fnatasia) by Us3
- 1. Hip Hop Hooray by Naughty by Nature
By: Neil Chang
- 10. Sign by Ace of Base
I saw the sign, when it opened up my eyes I saw the sign! I love this song!
- 9. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
I am truly, madly, and deeply in love with Savage Garden and this wonderful tune.
- 8. Bye! Bye! Bye! by N*Sync
This song is cool, I listen to it everyday!
- 7. Livin La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin
He makes me feel good and makes me want to live to the extreme!
- 6. Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera
She's hot and knows how to tempt a guy!
- 5. I Want it that Way by Backstreet Boys
Me and Bryan broke up last week !! NOOOO :(
- 4. This I Promise You by N*Sync
I can promise you that I love this song!
- 3. Everybody by Backstreet Boys
Thank God that these fine boys are back!
- 2. Wannabe by Spice Girls
Do you wannabe MY lover? Well, too bad because I totally am in love with Spice Girls!
- 1. MMMBop by Hanson
I TOTALLY love Hanson. They are good looking AND have great musical talent!
These are my totally best favorite songs!
- 10. Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson
The man speaks for himself. He's possibly one of the most curious creatures on the planet, but he can sell records---
- 9. Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks
Whether you like country music or not, Garth revoluionized it. He brought country music into the spot light and had the largest crowd ever in central park at his free concert.
- 8. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
Her voice is second only to Mariah and Whitney. She has a large number of beautiful songs, but the Titanic was a huge success, and it made Celine a household name.
- 7. Nothin' But A G Thang by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg
I have no idea if I spelled the name of this song correctly, but it took rap to a new level.
- 6. Waterfalls by TLC
Don't get me wrong, I'm SICK of this song. It was extremally outplayed, but it was one of the larger hits in the 90's.
- 5. Summertime by Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff
Theres just something about this song---relaxing and fun...it had to be in the top 5.
- 4. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
Whitney was boosted from a star to a diva when she sent chills down the spines of everyone with her amazing voice in this song.
- 3. One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey and Boys to Men
OK, maybe I shouldn't put my top 3 songs of the 90's all including Mariah Carey, but her voice is phenominal and Boys to Men are one of the best male singing groups of all time.
- 2. When You Believe by Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston
Ok---I said I'd limit myself to one song per artist or group, but Mariah's compilation with Whitney Houston is by far one of the prettiest ballads in history.
- 1. Hero by Mariah Carey
With the most records sold by a female artist EVER, Mariah Carey's Vision of Love got the ball rolling for the worlds biggest diva. To date, she's had 15 number 1 hits (only 3 short of Elvis and 5 short of the Beatles). While Vision of Love comes in as my second favorite song by this artist, I'm limiting myself to only one song per group or singer---my favorite Mariah song has to be Hero.
I did this list off the top of my head so theres a good chance that I've left off something that would change my list around or replace some of the songs, but these were my first thoughts...
- 10. Time Bomb by Old 97's
- 9. Hook by Blues Traveler
- 8. Down Together by The Refreshments
- 7. Good by Better Than Ezra
- 6. Bittersweet by Big Head Todd and the Monsters
- 5. Daughter by Pearl Jam
- 4. Self Esteem by The Offspring
- 3. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
- 2. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
- 1. Lithium by Nirvana
Other great bands from the 90's are Gear Daddies, Live, Tina and the B-sides, The Donnas, Fountains of Wayne, The Smithereens
- 10. Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana
So much passion in this song, you couldn't describe it in a paragraph. You couldn't contain it in words. (Box=Contain??)
- 9. It Feels So Good by Sonique
Techno at it's best.
- 8. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me by U2
Gets your body swaying.
- 7. 6 Underground by Sneaker Pimps
Great song. No description needed, just listen to it.
- 6. Hitchin A Ride by Green Day
Another terrific head banger song. Not a typical head banger, just a perfect tempo to play REALLY LOUD.
- 5. Don't Let Go by En Vogue
Perfectly captures that feeling of wanting, but not knowing what to do about it.
- 4. If by Janet Jackson
This song really has a great beat, it makes your adrenaline rush. Perfect to play at parties to get the mood going.
- 3. She's Like The Wind by Patrick Swayze
This song gives me chills, and even though Patrick may not be the best singer, I think this is the sweetest song in the world.
- 2. Hungry Eyes by Dirty Dancing Soundtrack
This song is too cute, i love it.
- 1. Lump by President of the United States
Great tempo, makes u bang your head constantly. Have some tylenol nearby. LOL
Most of these songs will get you sweaty, get your heart pumping, and its best to listen with someone. Peace
- 10. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 9. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 8. Everybody Hurts by REM
- 7. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
- 6. Losing My Religion by REM
- 5. Glycerine by Bush
- 4. Machine Head by Bush
- 3. Champage Supernova by Oasis
- 2. Jermey by Pearl Jam
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 10. Follow Me by Aly-us
- 9. Pure by Blue Six
- 8. Cruisin by D'angelo
- 7. Bittersweet by The Verve
- 6. Someday by Sugar Ray
- 5. I'm So Into You by Swv
- 4. Spiderwebs by No Doubt
- 3. Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz
- 2. Music by Madonna
- 1. That's The Way Love Goes by Janet
- 10. When I Come Around by Green Day
thank god for green day and blink 182 to keep punk alive
- 9. Wonderwall by Oasis
oasis has their problems - but with all the fighting and shit - this song came out and is the best from them.
- 8. Israel's Son by Silverchair
great grunge band. Silverchair picked up where nirvana left off
- 7. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
now this was beautiful rock
- 6. Everybody Hurts / Losin' My Religion by Rem
Rem was also a staple band of the 90's. i couldnt decide the song. everybody hurts is beautiful but losin' my religion started it all for them
- 5. Eternal Life by Jeff Buckley
he wasnt around very long b4 he died but Jeff Buckley has 2 be my favorite and is a unknown legend. hauntingly beautiful, edgy, he had THE voice
- 4. Lightning Crashes / I Alone by Live
these 2 songs said it all about Live. - powerful, the lyrics, the music.
- 3. Man Who Sold The World by Nirvana
now this is my fave however so many of their songs deserves 2 be here especially About A Girl. Nirvana is the best (after Pearl Jam of course).
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Pearl Jam paved the way for rock in the 90's, nirvana came and finished the job.
- 1. Alive by Pearl Jam
i couldnt decide b/w this and Last Kiss (most beautiful song) but this was released early 90's - pearl jam started it all with this song. this song epitomises everything rock should be and is a classic
the 90's was a great era for rock and alternative. pop and crappy dance music r ruling the charts nowadays but rock aint dead yet with great bands like creed, staind, - still......pop should be banned
By: Steven Fearlore
- 10. Saterday Night by Suede
grate lyrics on this. i wish they were this good now
- 9. Song 2 by Blur
- 8. Atomic by Elastica
great version of Blondies hit
- 7. Come Back To What You KNow by Embrace
the only good embrace song really
- 6. Start Again by The Montrose Avenue
Again, where are these guys?
- 5. Fighting Fit by Gene
One of their gratest moments
- 4. Lose It by Supergrass
top stuff, love it!
- 3. Oasis by Supersonic
from the 1st bar its a classic
- 2. Sparkys Dream by Teenage Fanclub
THE TFC SONG!
- 1. Somthing Changed by 3milesmile
Well, it has it all really. James Russell had a great voice, Dan Fell wrote some great tunes and played a bass well too! Where are they now, I'd love to know?
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book