What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Summertime by Dj Jazzy Jeff And The Fresh Prince
summer of 1991...i heard it the first time in that same parking lot at mcdonalds and i thought it was just smooth.
- 9. We Got The Jazz by Tribe Called Quest
my friends and i would love singing this song...very smooth rap
- 8. Sadness Part 2 by Enigma
that beat had ya...
- 7. The Cd "nigazz4life" by Nwa
hardcore rap kept us going and that cd was our all time favorite rap cd's.
- 6. Enter Sandman by Metallica
no one of us did not leave our house without that cd...we think that was thier last greatest hits album...too bad.
- 5. Silent Lucidity by Queensryche
that song would and still does put me in awwww...fascinating song, surely a classic
- 4. Do You Like Bass by Dj Magic Mike
the saturday night jam..cruising through the mcdonald's parking lot with the bass all the way up... two 15's in my 82' escort...hell yea!
- 3. Policy Of Truth by Depeche Mode
i dont actualy know why i like this song but i think it had something to do with everytime i was with my girlfriend it seemed to be on
- 2. Smell Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
ultimately "the" song of the 90's... the song that we would listen to over and over again saying "what kind of rock is this"...one of the best
- 1. Mouth For War by Pantera
kicking off the 90's with a bang WOW!
there are a ton more of songs and bands that were great in the 90's not to mention all the hair bands and other good dance and rap songs...to bad that music had to go ... maybe it might make a comeback some day?
- 10. Into the Void by Nine Inch Nails
You can tell the ages and IQ's of some of the people who submit their lists.
- 9. Novacain for the Soul by Eels
Britney Spears? Backstreet Boys? Hanson? NSync? What the hell did any of these bands contribute?
- 8. Run by Collective Soul
There were to many "manufactured" groups in the 90's that the teeny boppers worshiped but had no musical talent at all.
- 7. Yellow by Coldplay
And don't get me started about the Beastie Boys, Tupac, or Limp Bizkit or any other rap groups.
- 6. Diz Knee Land by Dada
Let's get this straight: THERE WAS NO GOOD RAP SONG period. This is NOT music. It takes absolutely no musical talent to sing rap.
- 5. Brain Stew by Green Day
And then we have the Beavis and Butthead drug freaks who submit groups like Korn and Metalica.
- 4. Smells Like Team Spirit by Nirvana
Come on guys. All those drugs and body piercings have affected your brains if you call that crap music. I have more talent in my left nut then any of those bands.
- 3. Everlong by Foo Fighters
The 90's had a lot of great songs but no great cd's. You were lucky if there were two songs worth listening to on a cd.
- 2. Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
I hate shelling out $15 for one good song. I would be glad to pay for a good song, but don't make me buy a whole cd of crap.
- 1. Take A Picture by Filter
Thank god for MP3's and internet sites like Napster. I would have hated to have wasted my money on some of the 90's bands.
Honorable mentions: Alanis Morisette, Dave Matthews, REM, and the guy that never stops putting out good music: Tom Petty.
- 10. Rebecca Lynn by Bryan White
Man, country again. But hey, the next best love song! Chicks dig this song! *A*
- 9. Wherever You Will Go by The Calling
Great song! The Calling is a great band with a great amount of talent! *A*
- 8. Love Will Keep Us Alive by Eagles
A great oldies band with talent! Another great love song! *A*
- 7. Caught In The Sun by Course Of Nature
Great band that can do about anything! Great song for the girlfriend boyfriend thing. *A+* This song should probably be higher up! So C.O.N. for the under-rating!
- 6. Don't Take The Girl by Tim McGraw
I hate to go country, but this song is very good. Another great song by a brilliant man! *A*
- 5. The Freshman by The Verve
Everyone should know this song! Whats not to like!? Brilliant tear-getting lyrics! *A+*
- 4. I Will Love You by Fisher
A great chick with a brilliant voice. Guys check this song out! Girls will love you forever! *A+*
- 3. I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
Great bands make great songs! Aerosmith created another great song which is not surprising... and for the ladies! *A+*
- 2. I'll Be by Edwin McCain
This song is another great slow song... everyone has their moments! *A+*
- 1. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
This song is the ultimate slow song... definitely a getter when it comes to girlfriends! *A++*
So if you haven't already noticed I created a top 10 list for slow songs. I hope you somewhat agree with me. Thanx a lot for the time.
By: Suzanne D.
- 10. What Cha Want by Beastie Boys
Ultimately the comeback song for a group who would spend the rest of the 90's fighting their "bad boy" image created in the 80's and creating a mesage of positivity and understanding for the 1990's, something which few bands felt was worth their time.
- 9. Three Days by Janes Addiction
Although it never got much airplay (not in NYC anyway), this song is both sexual and angry, what could be a better representatation of the 90's?
- 8. The Sweater Song by Weezer
Taking a mix of good 'ol fashioned rock-n-roll and putting an alternative spin on it, Weezer's breakthrough song made us sure to watch out for them (as they keep releasing new material today). It had a more upbeat feel and a lyrics a lot easier to enjoy than most of the songs it shared airtime with. A breath of fresh air in the 90's.
- 7. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morisette
GRRRRRRRRRRR! Never before had any woman so blatantly expressed RAGE (no, not sorrow or longing) for a lost love, and never again will it be as refreshing. Honorable mention for this spot: No doubt, just a girl...along the same lines but more focused on female independance. I was torn but since Alanis thought of it first, she deserves the credit.
- 6. Human Behavior by Bjork
I had NEVER heard anything like it. Her style and vocals cannot be mistaken for another artist, and this song put her on the map. Bjork is the equivlent of a female radiohead.
- 5. Eulogy by Tool
This song/band kept metal alive and kicking during the 90's while taking the level of talent in metal to a whole new plateau.
- 4. Creep by Radiohead
Dubbed "the loser anthem", this song is important for a two-fold. First, it was released at the time when we were desperately in need of some REAL talent (remember that OTHER boy band was dominant at this time)and this was just what the doctor ordered: a twisted love song with an AMAZING tune. Second, it introduced the world to the immensly talented RADIOHEAD, now the most influential and experimental band in the mainstream.
- 3. Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine
Arguably the anthem of the 1990's youth (or at least the cool ones).
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
OK, so I HATE THIS SONG, but there's no denying that is was another huge contributor of getting grunge to the mainstream and getting that movement rolling.
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Hands-down, the best song of the 90's. Very few songs were able to capture the mood of the whole grunge movement. This song, out of the few songs that succeeded did the best job at expressing the angst.
SMASHING PUMPKINS, STP, AIC, SOUNDGARDEN PAUL WESTERBERG (and I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a few) all deserve shout-outs!
By: Harold White
- 10. Beutiful One by Mary J.blige
- 9. Where's Your Head At by Basement Jaxx
- 8. Can We by S.w.v. Feat. Missy
this is the best beat ever.thank you Timbaland.and you too Missy
- 7. Rock Is Dead by Marlyn Manson
- 6. Spttieottiedopaliscious by Outkast
- 5. Nuthin But A G Thing by Dr.dre Feat.snoop Dog
- 4. Gett Off by Prince & The N.p.g.
- 3. Closer by Nine Inch Nails
- 2. Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve
- 1. Yellow Led Better by Pearl Jam
- 10. Redundant by Green Day
- 9. How You Remind Me by Nickelback
- 8. Anita Sonic Love by Colorfinger
- 7. Blondes by Everclear
- 6. Damnit by Blink 182
- 5. Self Esteem by Offspring
- 4. Black by Pearl Jam
- 3. Santa Monica by Everclear
- 2. Bulls On Parade by Rage Against The Machine
- 1. When I Come Around by Green Day
- 10. Third Eye by Tool
- 9. Amish Paradise by Werd Al Yankovic
- 8. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
gdfgdgg g dfsg
- 7. Santeria by Sublime
- 6. The Unforgiven by Metallica
- 5. Smells Like Nirvana by Weird Al Yankovic
- 4. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 3. Sober by Tool
- 2. All Over You by Live
- 1. Stinkfist by Tool
lalalal blal a
By: Rob Hughes
- 10. Low by REM
- 9. I Got Five On It by Luniz
- 8. Achilles Heel by Toploader
- 7. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 6. 3 Lions 96 by The Lightning Seeds
- 5. Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down
How come nobody I've met has heard this song?
- 4. Otherside by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 3. Today by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 2. Amazed by The Offspring
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 10. This Love by Pentera
again just listin to the song
- 9. Undying Love by Nas
just listin to the lyrics, its a fucking awesome song
- 8. Anna's Song by Silverchair
- 7. No Raid by BlindMelon
just a great relaxing song
- 6. Bittersweet symphony by The Verve
- 5. Just go ahead now by Spin Doctors
- 4. The Kids Arnt Alright by The Offspring
- 3. Sober by Tool
again, just another AWESEOMM song
- 2. Dear Momma by Tupac
tupac was defenitally a great artist and this was one of his best songs R.I.P. one love
- 1. Smells like teen sprit by Nirvana
NIVANA IS JUST FUCKING AWESOME,. THEY STARTED THE GRINDGE SCEEN
- 10. Ill Be Missing You(tribute) by Puff Daddy Faith Evans And Sting
this would be my number one if i liked puff daddy. Such a sweet song honoring a friend who was a true legend. Biggie i love you too rest in peace
- 9. Janies Got A Gun by Aerosmith
prolly not in the ninetys but hey good song hardcore lyrics what more can you ask for
- 8. Grow More Pot Spoken Word by Jello Biafra
ok its not music what it is is the most mind boggling radical ideas youve ever heard listen to it and youll be a changed person forever
- 7. Again I Go Unnoticied by Dashboard Confessional
not that known yet but a great song watch them in the future
- 6. I'll Be by Edwin Mccain
best love song of the ninetys play this for your girl sometime youll see what im talking about
- 5. Without Me by Eminem
love him or hate him he is the john lennon of rap and even though he can't sing his lyrics are controversial and true and this beat is fun and catchy
- 4. Here In Your Bedroom Or Feel Like Making Love by Goldfinger
songs about sex? who woulda thought in the ninetys we had songs about sex. In anycase good strong punk background makes these songs good
- 3. Big Poppa by Biggie Smalls
East coast hardcore fat rapper and every who ever lives will know him the most influentential musician or our time
- 2. Moron Brothers by Rancid/nofx
this song is short funny and catchy almost popish but still maintaining the attitude of hardcre punk
- 1. Sorry About That by Alkaline Trio
Anything by the trio could be #1 but this is a very gentle song for the masses also try radio and my friend peter
There are a lot of songs i wanted to put on here that arent from the ninetys like CCR fortunate son and steve miller band joker but nothing compares to punk rock
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book