What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Roll The Bones by Rush
- 9. Silent Lucidity by Queensryche
- 8. Hangar 18 by Megadeath
Why wasn't this adapted into a broadway musical?
- 7. Epic by Faith No More
Did the fish in the video die?
- 6. Karma Police by Radiohead
- 5. I Alone by Live
The lead singer reminded me of a parent friendly version of Henry Rollins.
- 4. Love Fool by The Cardigans
The only upbeat song on the Romeo & Juliet soundtrack.
- 3. Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins
- 2. Silent All These Years by Tori Amos
OK-It might not "rock" but Amos ushered in a totally new genre of music. I first saw Amos on MTV in 1992 as a break through video. Remeber break through videos? She was tumbling in on an all white floor while inside of a wooden box. The music was classical but the lyrics were poignant and at times racy. I love racy!!
- 1. Black Number 1 by Type O Negative
I pity anyone who ignored the goth movement because they never experienced the raw true sexuality that is Type O Negative.
- 10. Smash by The Offspring
Awesome offspring song, too bad they have sold out now.
- 9. Bro Hymn by Pennywise
This song rules.
- 8. Seattle Was A Riot by Anti-Flag
Why must you riot, Why must you protest, Just to be heard by the world.
- 7. Dammit by Blink 182
Not a huge fan of blink, but this song is definately one of their best.
- 6. Blind by Face To Face
Not a bad song at all
- 5. The Ballad by Millencolin
slow sad song from millencolin.
- 4. To All My Friends by Lagwagon
Great lagwagon song.
- 3. F*ck Religion by Propagandhi
This song makes so much sense it is not funny. Sadly, religion is to blame for so many deaths in the middle east every day. Define Irony.
- 2. Al's War by Less Than Jake
"Why be different when you can't be yourself?" LTJ
- 1. The Decline by NOFX
18 minutes and 21 seconds of pure originality.
This is not necessarily my top 10 song list, but rather a top 10 punk/ska list. I figured it would be easier to keep it in one perspective rather than have different genres of music being compared to others.
- 10. Heaven Is A Halfpipe by Opm
- 9. Flavor Of The Weak by American Hi-fi
- 8. Right Now by Sr-71
- 7. My Own Worst Enemy by Lit
- 6. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-lot
i like big butts and i cannot lie
- 5. Tub Thumpin by Chumbawamba
i cant fall down
- 4. Dammit by Blink 182
super talented group
- 3. Pretty Fly by Offspring
i feel i can relate to this song
- 2. Basket Case by Green Day
just a great song
- 1. Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang
love it when they play this song at dances
my sn is ZestyZ11
By: Alisha Marie
- 10. I'll Be by Edwin McCain
a really sweet song!
- 9. Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry
it means something to me.. but it's a great song for anyone!
- 8. Santeria by Sublime
had to have a sublime song on here.. this is just the first that popped in my head!
- 7. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- 6. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 5. Ironic by Alanis Morissette
one amazing canadian.. i don't care what anyone says!
- 4. Jeremy by Peal Jam
a great song!
- 3. Champagne Supernova by Oasis
this song is just magical
- 2. Smells Like Teen Spirit / Come As You Are by Nirvana
i just couldn't decide on which one i liked better..
- 1. Good Riddance by Green Day
my absolute #1 fav song!! =)
It was hard to pick a top 10 let alone put those in an order!
- 10. No Rain by Blind Melon
Great Reminder of the 90s. Takes you back to memory lane. Very cheerful beat, and just makes you smile. Ya'll remember the bumblebee girl on the video right? No one sane can forget it.
- 9. Gangsters Paradice by Coolio
Dangerous Minds Soundtrack, 1996. Just an awesome song i've always loved.
- 8. Wanna Be a Balla by Lil Troy
Heck, this has an awesome sound to it, and Impala's just own. Great song for those Head Bangers Out there $$.
- 7. All For You by Sister Hazel
1996, one hit wonder. I still remember the first time i ever heard it on "the box", fell in love. Awesome song,very meaningful
- 6. All Apologies by Nirvana
Great song, became very popular. Dont know a soul who doesnt like it.
- 5. Lightning Crashes by Live
VERY beautiful song, reminder on the "challenger". It is the "song" of that disaster. Is very much rememberd.
- 4. 3 Libras by A Perfect Song
Beautiful song. Appeared on The Box many years back, before MTV2 took over. Grr
- 3. Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
Great song. Beautiful,sad song that reflects life.
- 2. Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeplin
Been my fav. song for many years. Its so beautiful. A great song to play your guitar on.
- 1. Tuesdays Gone by Lynard Skynard
My personal fav. song on Lynards. Sad,yet graceful song. A must.
Didnt add any rock. Even though rock is my passion. Megadeth is awesome,sad they are calling it quits. Oasis is great. Red Hot Chille Peppers, SlipKnot, Ozzie!, Eric Clapton, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, and 311.
- 10. Don't Speak by No Doubt
I hate this band, now, but 'Tragic Kingdom' kicked so much ass. I used to sing this song everyday when I was young. Now, I cry to it, because of a guy that I love to HATE.
- 9. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
I LOVE the video to this. It cracks me up everytime.
- 8. Pepper by Butthole Surfers
It reminds me of L.A. in the day. I miss it there.
- 7. December by Collective Soul
Our band always listens to the album while we write music. It's very inspirational.
- 6. Everlong by Foo Fighters
- 5. Northern Star by Hole
I hate that bitch, Courtney, but her band makes awesome music.
- 4. ADIDAS by Korn
This is my all time favorite video, right before 'Spit it Out' by Slipknot...Korn is just fuckin' great.
- 3. Everything Ends by Slipknot
This reminds me of how I feel about a recent boi that treated me like shit. It's the first time that I've been rejected, so it hurts worse than anything in the world.
- 2. Turnaround by Nirvana
Nirvana doing punk!!! I don't really like punk, but this song kicks yer ass!!! Not to mention yer dog's ass too!!!
- 1. Dumb by Nirvana
GOD, I LOVE Nirvana!!! They are the greatest and this song is just fucking great!!! PEACE, LOVE, EMPATHY
blah blahbity blah blah BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 10. Don't Speak by No Doubt
The beginning of one of the greatest bands. They are amazing and you can really see the potential that Gwen Stefani has when you read the lyrics. It shows how far No Doubt is going to go, and now you can see that it really was a window to their huge success.
- 9. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
The beginning of a new era in rock music, and one of the greatest bands i know of. The only reason they aren't higher on my list is because of the bands short career (R.I.P. Kurt Cobain) and the fact that they started the era and unfortunately couldn't continue on the path they created.
- 8. Nobody Knows by Tony Rich Project
Great Song, its perfect for when you are depressed over a relationship, and also a great hit. A personal favorite.
- 7. Colorblind by Counting Crows
If you have seen the movie Cruel Intentions (also in my opinion one of the greatest movies of the 90s) you will recognize this song. It is a great song, that just makes you really think about its meaning and what it was made for.
- 6. Scream by Michael & Janet Jackson
A Great Song, combining the King Of Pop (yes i love this guy despite his questionable appearence choices.) with possibly the greatest female singer of all time Janet Jackson, and what a coincidence, they're family! (Most think Madonna is the greatest but for me its a toss up.) The passion in the song is great and seeing and hearing the 2 on one song is probably the most i could ask for.
- 5. All My Life by K-Ci & Jo-Jo
This has to be the second most romantic song of the 90s (only topped by my #3 pick.) It shows true emotion and love.
- 4. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) by Green Day
I love this song, it always make me smile. Green Day really pulled everything out for this song . . . it gave me chills the first time i heard it.
- 3. I'll Make Love To You by Boyz II Men
In my opinion, one of the most romantic songs ever. And definitely one of the most famous songs by the Boyz. It has one of the sexiest lyrics (that isn't something absolutely perverse by some thug rapper) and truly honest lyrics. All in all, a great song.
- 2. Killing Me Softly by The Fugees
This has got to be one of the greatest songs that I have ever heard. It was a toss up for number one, because this is one of the biggest hip-hop & RnB songs of the 90s. The Fugees are an amazing combination and this song just touched me.
- 1. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Honestly, The Red Hot Chili Peppers have got to be one of the greatest bands of the 90s and I can't think of a song that can prove that better than Under The Bridge. It shows how symbolic their music can be and how just how deep into their souls they can go. Besides the amazing lyrics, it must have some of the best guitar that I've heard in a song. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have made so many amazing songs but this is the pinnacle of what they have done. The song really represents the 90s, with a story about Drug Addiction and how it makes you. By far the greatest song of the 90s, and one of the greatest songs of the century.
God there were so many amazing songs in so many genres, and I know that i could find a million other choices. This is probably one of the most impartial top 10 lists that you can see on the whole site, (some are more genre bias, i try to mix in quite a few genres) and i tried to keep things impartial.
By: Tony R.
- 10. City Of Angels by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- 9. La Herida by Heroes Del Silencio
- 8. The Beauty Of Gray by Live
- 7. Glycerine by Bush
- 6. Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band
- 5. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
- 4. Always by Bon Jovi
- 3. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
- 2. Smell Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 1. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
- 10. I Dont Wanna Wait by Paula Cole
she is awesome!
- 9. All I Have To Give by Bsb
the only song i really like!
- 8. Always Love You by Whitney Houston
its a classic one
- 7. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
it makes me sad!sniff
- 6. Mr Jones by Counting Crows
- 5. Please Forgive Me by Bryan Adams
it reminds me my other relationship!
- 4. November Rain by Guns And Roses
- 3. Don't Speak by No Doubt
- 2. Waterfall by Tlc
a good way to describe the reality!
- 1. Because The Night Belong To Lovers by 10,000 Maniacs
this is the best!!!simply the best
By: Michael Potter
- 10. The World I Know by Collective Soul
- 9. Tomorrow by Silverchair
- 8. The Beautiful People by Maralyn Manson
- 7. Dammit by Blink 182
- 6. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 4. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 3. Faith by Limp Bizkit
- 2. Lightning Crashes by Live
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
i am a sex god
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book