What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Alice In Chains by Would?
The recent death of Singer Layne Staley shocked me and the music world. Just Listen to the power of this song, it caused a sensation in the early 90's and is still a relevent and passionate piece music.
- 9. Thunderstruck by AC/DC
Classic Acca Dacca. They still rock and always will.
- 8. All Torn Down by The Living End
The Living End is a Australian band. Chris Chaney is the singer a guitarist of this 3 piece and is the one of Australia's best guitarists of all time. If you are into Punk Rock or ska you will really like this band.
- 7. Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton
Clapton is God. This is a sing filled with emotion and heart. This songs shows why Clapton is so acclaimed and admired.
- 6. RadioHead by Creep
What can you say about this band that came out and blew the world away with "O.K. Computer" a album that I think will always sound new & fresh. "Creep" is a good simple raw sounding song. One of my all time fav's
- 5. November Rain by Guns n' Roses
Although Guns n' Roses were starting loosing steam by this stage they still pumped out two great records "Use your Illusions I&II". Off the UYI 1 was the top 5 hit November Rain which really showed that this group of extremly talented guys could Still rock out with the best of them.
- 4. Pearl Jam by Alive
One of the best bands of the early 90's. Eddie Vedder really shines on this one, along with Mikes Macready's lead guitar work this one deserves a top 5 spot.
- 3. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Don't bother with anything after "Black" it's just not Metallica. This song concreted Metallica's amazing songwriting abilties and showed the general public they were more than a headbanging hair band.
- 2. Longview by Green Day
The band that lead the movement that all but did away with grunge. This song is nothing short of great, crank it and you will know what I mean.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Kurt Cobain didn't think this song was that great, but it is easily the best song of the 90's. It defined an era and eventually a legacy.
By: Tristan Rock
- 10. Red Hot Chilli Peppers by Scar Tissue
The chillis are class
- 9. Shaggy by Mr Bombastic
- 8. Snoop Dogg by What's My Name
this song has it all.
- 7. U2 by Sunday Bloody Sunday
Best band in the world. still goin. tru event. this is to all da loyalists: stop opressing the irish people in da north. if u want 2 belong to britain then get da fucked out of the ireland ye fuckin scum. weve been opressed for centuries. the brits don't even want you anymore after you treatended da british government. they cant afford it anymore. give us less than 50 years and ireland will be one
- 6. 2pac by California Love
- 5. Dr.dre Feat Snoop Dogg by Nuthin But A G -thang
These 2 are the greatest.
- 4. Eminem by Guilty Conscience
He used to be gud till his face appeared evrywer. he changed peoples vision of rap but his stuff is jus played too much
- 3. Cypress Hill by Insane In The Brain
All ther shit is gud. and ther still round.
- 2. Beastie Boys by Intergalactic
Great for breakdancing
- 1. I Got 5 On It by Luniz
Wot a beat.
- 10. Black Or White by Michael Jackson
As you can probably tell by my previous choices, im not a big pop fan, rock is more my schene. But this was a good song
- 9. Wonderwall by Oasis
Oasis had to be in here somewhere
- 8. Basket Case by Green Day
Just a awesome song.
- 7. Any Eminem Song by Eminem/slim Shady/marshall Mathers
Lets face it, weather you love him or hate him, hes really had a impact on the music schene in the last 3-4 years. Nuff said
- 6. Wake Up by Rage Against The Machine
Theme tune off the Matrix, brilliant early 90s song.
- 5. Epiphany by Staind
Again, not strictly 90's, but its one of the best wriiten songs of all time, take my word for it. If you havent heard it, then download it
- 4. Serve The Servents by Nirvana
Not a very well know song. But its one of my favourites
- 3. Everybody Hurts by Rem
Class song, the best they made. Shame that it was so overly played
- 2. Dancin In The Moonlight by Toploader
I know it wasnt the 90s, but its a Quality song, always lifts spirits.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
No need to comment on this one.
Lets be honest, the 90s wasnt the best music era, but the songs i picked were some of my favourites.
By: Joe Szczepaniak
- 10. Lie in Our Graves by Dave Matthews Band
Unbelievable harmonics, lyrics, and folk-flare.
- 9. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
Depicts deppression so perfectly...
- 8. Building A Mystery by Sarah McLachlan
Settin' up your razor-wire shrine.
- 7. Olive by Smile
One of the best emo trance pop songs ever.
- 6. Superman's Dead by Our Lady Peace
Eye opener. No more heros.
- 5. Synapse by Bush
Hell is where the heart is.
- 4. Jane Says by Jane's Addiction
My fav version is the Live and Rare Steel Drums :)
- 3. Lay My Head Back Down by Switchfoot
A sweet, sweet song. So true, so cold.
- 2. The Freshmen by Vervepipe
For the life of me, I cannot remember a better song (other than #1)
- 1. Glycerine by Bush
Sum's up my philosophy. Don't let the days go by...
I must say, Bush is number one on all my lists
By: Andrew Wheeler And Philip May
- 10. Wait And Bleed by Slipknot
- 9. Break Stuff by Limpbizkit
- 8. Sos by Machine Head
- 7. Smoke Weed All Day by 2-pac
- 6. Enter The Sandman by Metallica
- 5. Sugar by System Of A Down
- 4. All In The Family by Korn
- 3. Bounce by System Of A Down
- 2. Choopsewey by System Of A Down
- 1. Unfogiven 2 by Metallica
there all wicked songs
- 10. Cleaning Out My Closet by Eminem
It has a great beat to it.
- 9. The Tom Green Show Theme by Tom Green
Its just funny how he is like its not the Green Tom show.
- 8. All The Small Things by Blink 182
They made fun of so many people in that music video, man it was great!
- 7. Piggy On The Hill by Tom Green
Its annoying and funny at the same time.
- 6. Without Me by Eminem
The music video was great!
- 5. Freak On A Leash by Korn
That was the phatest music video!
- 4. My Name Is by Eminem
The part when he made fun of The Brady Bunch was weird.
- 3. The Simpsons Theme Song by The Simpsons
The Simpsons is the funniest show, along with Tom Green of course, in the world!
- 2. Severe Beating Of A Pokemon by Tom Green
The I choose you grizzly bear part was funny!Also the part where Tom losses his leg!
- 1. The Bum Bum Song by Tom Green
It is the best song in the world!!!Tom Green is the funniest man alive!
Tom Green Is The Funniest Comedian Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats Why He Is My Idle!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By: Derrick Johnston
- 10. Don't Cry by Guns N' Roses
- 9. Estranged by Guns N' Roses
- 8. No Leaf Clover by Metallica
- 7. Crazy by Aerosmith
- 6. Still Loving You by Scorpions
- 5. Cryin' by Aerosmith
- 4. Fade To Black by Metallica
- 3. Welcome To The Jungle by Guns N' Roses
- 2. Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses
- 1. November Rain by Guns N' Roses
- 10. Heroin Is So Passe by Dandy Warhols
- 9. Blackhole Sun by Soundgarden
- 8. Rocket by Smashing Pumpkins
- 7. Detatchable Penis by King Missile
- 6. Into Your Arms by The Lemonheads
- 5. Uninvited by Ruth Ruth
- 4. Capsized by Samiam
- 3. Sucked Out by Superdrag
- 2. Undone (the Sweater Song) by Weezer
- 1. Longview by Green Day
for the ultimate early/mid 90s alternative tracklisting, go here! fee free to suggest anything i forgot! http://www.angelfire.com/punk2/staypunkstayfree/alternative.html
- 10. Perfect by Smashing Pumpkins
- 9. Until It Sleeps by Metalica
- 8. Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins
- 7. Zero by Smashing Pumpkins
- 6. Karma Police by Radiohead
- 5. Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana
- 4. Naked by Goo Goo Dolls
- 3. Broken Homes by Tricky
great song, amazing artist.
- 2. Today by Smashing Pumpkins
this song is the greatest song i've ever known by the greatest band ever!
- 1. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
this hard drivin' alternative/rock song tops them all, even smells like teen spirit!!
as you can tell, i believe that smashing pumpkins deserve the most best songs of the 1990's award.
- 10. Buddy Holly by Weezer
Remember that "Happy Days" video?
- 9. My Own Prison by Creed
Not a bad song on the entire "My own prison" cd.
- 8. Intergalactic by Beastie Boys
Gotta love the Beastie Boys!!
- 7. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
I think all their songs deserve to be on this list but I picked one of my favorites.
- 6. Regulate by Warren G
Smooth and cool
- 5. Pony by Ginuwine
Sexy song of the 90's
- 4. Faith by Limp Bizkit
Very catchy song.
- 3. Don't Speak by No Doubt
Everyone had this song in their heads at that time.
- 2. Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
They made a huge impact on rap music and it's just a great song.
- 1. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Did anyone NOT love that song?
The 90's had WAY too many great songs to just pick 10. It's impossible to include everyone who should be on here--but I summed up my picks as best I could.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book