What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. All is Full of Love by Bjork
If there's anyone that I love more than Sinead, it's Bjork. She's it. She's odd. She's tasteful. She's classy. She's sexy. Her voice is just exhilerating. She's sardonic, she's fantastic! Her fasion, her talent, has all derived from the beautiful mythology of Iceland. Her comment on this song was from the most overtone of the Icelandic mythology where the Gods get pissed burn everything with cinders and then in the end the sun comes up and life begins again. It reminds me that although there is so much going on in the world, the next day always brings about a new hope.
- 9. Troy by Sinead O'Connor
If anything, Sinead IS the 90's. She made multiple headlines with the defamation of the Pope and catholic church, her attempted suicide, her break from pop-star to protest artist, and her final redemption to finding Christ. She has continued to put rage into lyrics and love into song. I love Ms. O'connor and I can only wish her musical future the best.
- 8. Madonna by This Used to Be my Playground
I really enjoyed "A League of Their Own" which was full of so many faces that we still see today. This was Madonna's song that was requested for the movie. The video is really nostalgic as well.
- 7. Eden by Hooverphonic
As reiderated, a moving song. The tune starts with me in the morning and goes with me to bed. It's beautiful. I wish I could have written this song.
- 6. Alanis Morrisette by One Hand in my Pocket
This song is just hip. Alanis has gotten both bad and good reviews about the eccentricness of her lyrics and the oddities in which some people find them to be. I especially enjoy this song and I find myself wanting to brandish a peace sign whenever I hear it. Plus, the Chicken Sh*t line is my favorite part of the song.
- 5. Hemorrhage by Fuel
C'mon. Who here would admit to having never sung along to "Hemorrhage" even if you didn't know the lyrics, '...in my hands!!!' was always a line that everyone knew. This song and video were very sad and I really enjoyed it.
- 4. Lake of Fire by Nirvana
This song is just swell to sing.
- 3. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
Again, another moving song. The video kind of gave me chills. I have always been a Pearl Jam fan, I even dare to say I liked them more than Nirvana.
- 2. Closing Time by Semisonic
We've all heard songs by Semisonic and no one ever seems to know just who sings them. They're always songs that leave tunes in our heads and up until know I never knew just how much I liked Semisonic because I had no idea who they were!
- 1. Losing My Religion by REM
This song is one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard. It was before my time but I can't get over the moving lyrics and the video which dared to cross so many lines!
By: Grace and Don
- 10. Return to Innocence by Enigma
Doesn't really fit with the rest of the songs, but a great song all it's own
- 9. Tubthumping by Chumbawamba
This song always puts a smile on my face. Ah, memories :)
- 8. Pepper by Butthole Surfers
- 7. Jane Says by Jane's Addiction
i wanna be addicted too!
- 6. Knock on Wood by Mighty Mighty Bosstones
A real good song that will never get old. It brings back a lotta memories.
- 5. The Distance by Cake
You can't go wrong with Cake!
- 4. Witching Hour by Nosferatu
They aren't well known outside of the underground, but it's a must hear!
- 3. Sellout by Reel Big Fish
Just a funny song. It always amused me
- 2. Firestarter by Prodigy
This song will never get old.
- 1. No Rain by Blind Melon
What can I say? It's just a great song
Although I didn't mention them, you can't forget Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, and all of the other wonderful grunge bands that made music what it is today! :)
- 10. Brother by Alice In Chains
Haunting both instrumentally and lyrically, this song is psychologically moving and emotionally engaging. Truly a spellbinding piece which intertwines itself within the listener's mind.
- 9. Everlong (Acoustic Version) by Foo Fighters
An emotional voyage within, calling forth bittersweet tears. The lyrics interlaced so subtley with acoustic purity move one to close one's eyes and slightly smile in appreciation.
- 8. Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground
A song which mirrors the spirit of daydreams.
- 7. Low by Cracker
This song not only has a provoking instrumental composition, but also possesses lyrics which are embedded in surrealism and poetic beauty.
- 6. Fall Down by Toad The Wet Sprocket
Once again, a song which causes one to dwell for a time in deep introspection whilst summoning forth the passions within.
- 5. Machinehead by Bush
Instrumentally stimulating yet with a darkened, somber texture.
- 4. Hey Man, Nice Shot by Filter
This song possesses a somber and mysterious quality instrumentally which is perfectly matched by the tone of its vocals.
- 3. The World I Know by Collective Soul
Emotionally laden with introspection and the issuance of tears. A song which reflects the essence of one's humanity.
- 2. Lounge Fly by Stone Temple Pilots
The instrumental composition of this song is haunting, truly a cerebral nepenthe of sorts. The lyrics are also of an engaging nature.
- 1. Whales and Wasps by Alice In Chains
A piece laden with surreal genius. Pure instrumental bliss. A provoker of mental visualization and catalyst of daydreams. Moving, a contemplative audial canvas adorned with an instrumental arrangement so breath-taking, it renders it to be no less than a masterpiece.
Only but ten? A seemingly impossible task: So many left without mention.
- 10. Lodi Dodi by Snoop Dogg
- 9. Weak by Swv
- 8. Fight For Your Right To Party by Beasty Boys
- 7. I Will Never Lie by Immature
- 6. All Cried Out by Allure And 112
- 5. Cry For You by Jodici
- 4. Jumper by Third Eye Blind
- 3. Candy Rain by Soul 4 Real
i did this song once for a talent show....(dancing)
- 2. Now And Forever by Richard Marx
This one too
- 1. Right Here Waiting For You by Bryan Adams
omg the best song ive ever heard
By: Genita Love
- 10. Shine by Collective Soul
- 9. Everyday Is A Winding Road by Sheryl Crow
- 8. Bitch by Meredith Brooks
- 7. Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz
- 6. When Love And Hate Collide by Def Leppard
- 5. Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton
- 4. Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms
- 3. Somebody To Shove by Soul Assylum
- 2. Enter Sandman by Metallica
- 1. Two Steps Behind by Def Leppard
- 10. Ironic by Alanis Morissette
one of the GREATEST albums ever
- 9. One Of Us by Joan Osbourne
I don't know how the HELL this song got big, but it definitely cant be forgotten in at '90s list.
- 8. Run Around by Blues Traveler
- 7. Ants Marching by Dave Matthews
no words to describe it
- 6. All For You by Sister Hazel
damn i love this song
- 5. One Headlight by Wallflowers
jakob dylan is the man
- 4. November Rain by Guns N Roses
greatest GNR song
- 3. Wonderwall by Oasis
- 2. Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
you say...that we got nothing in common
- 1. Kiss From A Rose by Seal
most beautiful, calming, off the wall song ever....i have NO IDEA what the lyrics mean...but its all good
stuff i fogot: bitersweet symphony, i go blind, wannabe, the promise, two princes, no rain
- 10. Closing Time by Semisonic
- 9. Barely Breathing by Duncan Sheik
- 8. R.E.M. by Losing my Religion
- 7. 3 a.m. by Matchbox 20
- 6. Fall at Your Feeet by Crowded House
- 5. Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground
- 4. Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry
- 3. If You Could Only See by Tonic
- 2. Jumper by Third Eye Blind
- 1. All For You by Sister Hazel
By: Danielle G
- 10. Freak by Silverchair
- 9. Creep by Radiohead
- 8. Push by Matchbox 20
- 7. Forty-Six and Two by Tool
- 6. Greedy Fly by Bush
- 5. Happy Death Day by Alien Ant Farm
- 4. Above by Finger Eleven
- 3. Wild by Poe
- 2. The World I Know by Collective Soul
- 1. Clumsy by Our Lady Peace
Doll Parts, Violet, Celebrity Skin, Hit So Hard from Hole, everything and anything from Our Lady Peace, everything Nirvana (of course), Ava Adore, Bullet With Butterfly Wings from Smashing Pumpkins, Gasoline, Breathe, Believe Me, Silver, Push, Comes And Goes by Moist, Angel, Temptation, The River, Physcopomp, Paint It Black (stones cover) by The Tea Party, Brainstew (Godzilla version), Good Ridance, and Hitchin A Ride by Greenday, everything Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground, everything Disturbed, Pure Morning by Placebo, What's The Story Morning Glory?, Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall, and Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis. I think that covers it...
By: #1 Stunna
- 10. Big Poppa by Notorious BIG
another legend not with us anymore.
- 9. Ain't Nuthin But A 'G' Thang by Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg
brought gangsta rap to the masses.
- 8. Bullets For Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
I loved this stuff growing up.
- 7. Dre Day by Dr. Dre
what a way to start of one of the best albums of the decade.
- 6. Crossroads by Bone Thugz N Harmony
these guys are talented.
- 5. Black by Pearl Jam
great song from a great album.
- 4. Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine
- 3. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
this song ended one era, began another.
- 2. November Rain by Guns N Roses
This song is simply beautiful. A timeless classic.
- 1. Hail Mary by Makaveli (2Pac)
excellent song by the best artist of the decade. And this was released after he left us.
honorable mention: Guns N Roses - Estranged, Green Day - Brain Stew, Metallica - Nothing Else Matters, NIN - Head Like A Hole, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge, 2Pac - California Love, 2Pac & Snoop - 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted
- 10. Please by U2
They keep on producing great songs..
- 9. Come as you are by Nirvana
How we grieved when he died, this was one their best songs.
- 8. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
Reminds me of my great days in London 97/98.
- 7. Karmacoma / Spying glass by Massive attac
They�re so cool, actually the whole album is great!
- 6. Street Spirit (fade out) by Radiohead
Such a sad song, but it makes my neckhair rise and I can�t hear it too many times.
- 5. Fear of the dark by Iron Maiden
Thought it was the best lyrics ever as I walked alone at night through the woods to get home.
- 4. Change by Blind Melon
Just love it!
- 3. Glycerine by Bush
Have you ever heard a sexier voice..?
- 2. Dummy - the album by Portishead
This whole album is so cool and relaxing.
- 1. Lightning Crashes by Live
This gives me goosebumps..
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book