What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
By: Erin Michelle
- 10. This Used To Be My Playground by Madonna
This song reminds me of my childhood, and it has always been one of my favourites.
- 9. I'm Just A Girl by No Doubt
In this song Gwen Stefani just lets everyone know that she's not going to be pushed around, and that was a really great message to be sending out.
- 8. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
They're a great band, and it's hard to pick just one song, but I think this one is their best.
- 7. Thirty Three by Smashing Pumpkins
sad, but moving song.
- 6. Basketcase by Green Day
- 5. Waterfalls by Tlc
Has a great message and the song stays with you long after you heard it.
- 4. Goodbye by The Spice Girls
Very moving song.
- 3. Sober by Tool
Amazing and powerful song.
- 2. How Could I? by Oleander
Very powerful song.
- 1. One by U2
This song is one of the best ever.
- 10. Wonderwall by Oasis
Such a good song..but I put this one at #10..cuz Liam Gallagher is a d*ck. (makes good music...but he's just a d*ck, ya know.)
- 9. Bills, Bills, Bills by Destiny's Child
YES, very corny, I know. But I felt the need to include a song that gave the message.."you go girl"
- 8. Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton
Such a sad song...especially if you've lost a loved one..but its just so beautiful.
- 7. You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette
This is my Ex-boyfriend anthem. Though parts of the song are graphic..it makes me want to go out and kick some ass.
- 6. Nothin But A G-thang by Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre
This song is the Shizznizzle fo' rizzel...its off tha hizzel..How can you listen to this song and not feel a need to drink a 40 and role a blunt
- 5. Changes by Tupac
Tupac,along with Biggie, in my opinion, was the best rapper ever. No one could ever match him
- 4. Enter Sandman by Metallica
I dont care what's going on..if this song comes on I rock out. I dont care if I'm at my great grandma's tea party..I air guitar it and leap around:)
- 3. No Rain by Blind Melon
Such a laid back, 'chill' song. I love it. Anytime I hear it I feel like running barefoot through a field.
- 2. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The Chilli Peppers rule...they never go wrong..and this song is amazing
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
...what's better than Nirvana? This song is def. #1 to me, because you could freak out to it at a party, or freak out to it alone in your room.
- 10. Insane In The Membrane by Cypress Hill
"Insane in the membrane, insane in the brain!"
- 9. Enter Sandman by Metallica
"Take my hand, we're off 2 never never land"
- 8. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-lot
"I like big butts and i cannot lie"
- 7. Self Esteem by The Offspring
"Well i guess, i should stick up 4 myself, but i really think its better this way"
- 6. It's Like That by Run Dmc Vs. Jason Nevins
"Coz its like that, and thats the way it is"
- 5. California Love by 2pac And Dr. Dre
"California, knows how 2 party!"
- 4. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"I don't eva wanna feel, like i did that day"
- 3. Next Episode by Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg And Nate Dogg
"Smoke weed everyday"
- 2. Killing In The Name by Rage Agaisnt The Machine
"Fuck u i wont do wot u tell me"
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
"Here we r now, entertain us"
too hard to choose the 10 best songs of the 90's. The best of the 90's would have 2 b NIRVANA, RATM, DR.DRE AND the CHILI PEPPERS
- 10. Girls And Boys by Blur
a great blur song really does sum up 90s essex girl behaviour but a lively song in its own right. usually i find blur a bir pretentious but this song is a nice little satire told in an unpatronising way
- 9. Bedroom Dancing by Day One
a very sexy song. soudntrack to cruel intentions
- 8. Of Montreal by Happy Yellow Bumblebee
i love the childish storytelling way of this band, other songs include its a very starry night and penelope, i dont know it jus brings me back to childhood and how i used and stil ldo to an extent personify animals and make up little storys.
- 7. Marie by Sheryl Crow
its on one of her albums, cant remember which one , its a kind of biography in the same vein as elenor rigb, really sweet gentle tune, nice little story
- 6. Haleluyah by Jeff Buckley
usually im not really into lyrics , beleiving that the tune is what makes a song or not, but thissong really does hav amazing lyrics about love, not soppy in an false americanised hollywood movie way just a moving and intimate song.
- 5. A Poetic Reteling Of An Unfortunate Seduction by Bright Eyes
again im not sure when this was made but its a beautiful song bya great band , if u like screwed up pity me teenage angst thisis the band for u.(it does get a bit much sumtiems if u listen to a whole album)
- 4. Devil Made Me Do It by Voodoo Glow Skulls
if u like the ska punk cross over like sublime u shud like this band.
- 3. Youre Not Alone by Olive
not usualy a huge dance music fan but htis song is really soulful and somehow the electronics accompanying it only serve to make her voice seem more emotional
- 2. Sleeping Satelites by Dunno
not sure if this is a 90s song but think it is. real dreamy beautiful song.
- 1. Sublime by Pool Shark
best most amazing band ever, only discovered them a few weeks ago and cna't beleive how i coped without them. this song is predicts bradleys demise due to his drug addiction. the best version is the live one if u want to download it.with sublime ppl seem to only remember the hits like daterape so please do remember that much of the best stuff was bootlegs i suggest gin and juice party keg girls and great escape which is really beautiful. what made this band so special is the way it felt liek they were playing to make u happy , the playing for a beer attitude , even wen they made it big , there aim was still just to have fun , the songs were good but u feel like there th type of guys u cud hava beer with an they dont patronise there audience in the way that eminem does(tho i like his music well enuf) bands nowerdays try to talk bout their own deep emotionns but miss out on connecting with the audience and making music a collective experience.
i really am worried by the amount of trash that many people have on their list , britney et al. there is so much good music out there, i mean fine hav one song like that one hte list but to ppl who hav a list replete wid trash ur missing out bigtiem on proper music. its getting even worse nowerdays the amount of trash available. i m only 18 but the 90s were a good period for music generally , at least teh early mid part , if anyone agrees wid me email me firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10. To Make U Feel My Love by Garth Brooks
there's my country side kicking in again...
- 9. Run To You by Whitney Houston
ok, i didnt get caught up in the whole "i will always love u" thing...i thought the other songs on the cd were way better...anyways, "i will..." sure beats out celine dion's "my heart will..." i'm sure it does
- 8. Weak by Swv
- 7. End Of The Road by Boyz Ii Men
such a sappy love song that made me cry everytime i heard it...
- 6. In Bloom by Nirvana
feel good song...
- 5. Special by Garbage
this chick can sing..
- 4. I Put A Spell On U by Marilyn Manson
when u wanna rock out, here it is...
- 3. Disintegration by The Cure
good to listen to when ur in one of "those moods"
- 2. Angry All The Time by Tim Mcgraw
ok, ok i'm a closet country fan...this song is just really pretty...
- 1. Useless by Depeche Mode
dont know why this song always gets to me...have to keep hitting the repeat button on that one!
ok, please dont judge!!! these are the songs from my childhood here...!
By: Joshua Atticks
- 10. Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
- 9. Say Goodbye by Dave Matthews Band
Dave was a big part of my college years so I had to include this song.
- 8. Mother We Just Can`t Get Enough by New Radicals
every time, puts a smile on my face and makes me feel alive!
- 7. Fade to Black by Metallica
It just made the cut off being produced and released in 1990.
- 6. Drown by Smashing Pumpkins
- 5. Acquiesce by Oasis
Rock and Roll at it's best.
- 4. Baby Rain by Echo and the Bunnymen
Quite a change from "Songs to Learn and Sing" but what an album. A song about life with a happy ending.
- 3. Come On by The Verve
Don't even say Verve Pipe. It makes me cringe
- 2. Dreams Burn Down by Ride
Ever get that feeling in your gut, call it nerves, call it being in love, call it whatever.... that's the feeling I get when I listen to this song. Like it's trying to break through, pushing, and pushing. And then the lyrics start...
- 1. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
From Radioheads best album produced (the Bends) I give you Fake Plastic Trees.
Ask me again in a couple weeks and I'll have a whole new list for ya. And my list is in no particular order, it's simply my top ten songs of the 90's.
- 10. The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang
- 9. No Scrubs by Tlc
- 8. I Get Knocked Down by Chumbawumba
- 7. Mambo #5 by Lou Bagga (?)
- 6. Mo Money Mo Problems by Notorious Big, Mase, Puff Daddy
- 5. Wannabe by Spice Girls
- 4. Might Know What Its Like (?) by Everlast
- 3. Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
- 2. The Thong Song by Sisqo
- 1. Freshmen by The Verve Pipe
By: Ken Klipowicz
- 10. No Excuses by Alice In Chains
- 9. Epic by Faith No More
- 8. Tumble in the Rough by Stone Temple Pilots
Never heard of it? Well stop downloading that Blink-182 shit and download this!
- 7. All Of The Kids Are Alright by Local H
- 6. No Way Out by Stone Temple Pilots
- 5. Drain You by Nirvana
Smells Like Teen Spirit is OVERRATED!
- 4. Cult of Personality by Living Color
- 3. People of the Sun by Rage Against the Machine
- 2. Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart by Stone Temple Pilots
- 1. Falling to Pieces by Faith No More
Sorry, Dave Matthews Band didn't make the list.
By: Ethan Conley
- 10. Stinkfist by Tool
- 9. Be Quiet And Drive by Deftones
- 8. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 7. Alive by Pearl Jam
- 6. Hurt by Nine Inch Nails
saddest song ever
- 5. Bulls On Parade by Rage Against The Machine
this song just has a huge "stomp" to it
- 4. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 3. Say It Ain't So by Weezer
- 2. Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins
- 1. Everlong by Foo Fighters
best...song...ever. need more explanation? great dynamics, a catchy main riff, and a great riff that leads into the HUGE chorus
- 10. Sitting Outside A Broken Telephone Booth... by Primitive Radio Gods
my crush in like fifth grade used to play this song all the time, so it's gotta go on the list
- 9. Pearl Jam by Yellow Ledbetter
just love the guitar solo... and the whole song's nice
- 8. Crush by Dave Matthews Band
great song to play on a date... not his most popular, but i still love it
- 7. Wonderwall by Oasis
one of the few songs everybody listened to when i was in sixth grade
- 6. Everclear by Santa Monica
i still love this song...
- 5. Eminem by My Name Is
not my favorite eminem song at all, but the first one that got him on the radio
- 4. Sublime by Santeria
how the hell did everyone forget about sublime???? come on, guys
- 3. Love Fool by Cardigans
just a damn catchy song... still stuck in my head
- 2. Guitar And Video Games by Sunny Day Real Estate
great song by the best true emo band out there... enough said
- 1. American Music by Violent Femmes
just a song that i remember listening to a lot when i was younger... an easy song to sing along with, plus violent femmes are great
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book