What are your top ten favorite songs from the 90s?
- 10. Bitch by Merideth Brooks
- 9. Skater Boy by Avril Lavigne
- 8. Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer
- 7. Graduation (Friends Forever) by VitaminC
This would be #2 but I forgot(:P)to add it!
- 6. Family Portrait by Pink
- 5. Girl In My Mirror by Britney Spears
I dont like her but I do like this song...
- 4. Cruel To Be Kind by Letters To Cleo
It's from the sound track "10 Things I Hate About You". GREAT movie!!!!!!!
- 3. Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls by TLC
- 2. Unpretty by TLC
This is one of my favorite songs, its all about self-confidence and that no matter what ne1eles thinks your still beautiful as long as you see yourself that way...!
- 1. (every song by...) by Shawn Mullins
I LOOOOVE him and his songs!!!!!!!
By: Paul Stanley
- 10. No Rain by Blind Melon
- 9. Good Riddance by Green Day
- 8. What I Got by Sublime
- 7. The Distance by Cake
- 6. Vaseline by The Flaming Lips
- 5. Popular by Nada Surf
- 4. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
- 3. In Bloom by Nirvana
- 2. Idioteque by Radiohead
- 1. Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World
By: Claudio Carril
- 10. Everlong by Foo Fighters
- 9. Far Behind by Candlebox
- 8. Loser by Beck
- 7. Remedy by Black Crowes
- 6. Mr Jones by Counting Crows
- 5. Father Of Mine by Everclear
- 4. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 3. Outshined by Soundgarden
- 2. Would? by Alice In Chains
I Can't believe that enybody remembered this one!!!!
- 1. Alive by Pearl Jam
The best song of 90's!
I hope the next 10 years could be as good as the last 10!
- 10. The Fugees by Killing Me Softly
definetly one of the best songs- its still being played on stations around here where im from .
- 9. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
lol -enough said- haha
- 8. Rump Shaka by Rex N Effex
every person i know has this on atleast one cd in their car so its gotta be in my top 10
- 7. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix Alot
Definetly a song everyone knows and everyone loves
- 6. Jeremy's Spoken by Pearl Jam
great video - interesting lyrics
- 5. Don't Speak by No Doubt
they were the originators of bands like evanescence - always rocked and always will
- 4. No Scrubs by Tlc
another all time every radio station every 5 minutes jam
- 3. Shoop by Salt N Pepa
no song was played out like this until the boy band phase in the mid-late 90's
- 2. Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins
one of the best bands ever in my opinion
- 1. Dear Mama by Tupac
Loved this song since day one.
- 10. #41 by Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
This song is wonderful with the full band but when Dave and Tim do it it is indescribeable.
- 9. Come As You Are by Nirvana
- 8. Losing My Religion by REM
Great band, great song.
- 7. Two Step by Dave Matthews Band
"Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certian."
- 6. Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band
This song is what DMB is, amazing music!
- 5. Halloween by Dave Matthews Band
The anger that comes from this song is absolutely brilliant!
- 4. This Year's Love by David Gray
- 3. Crush by Dave Matthews Band
The ultimate song about, as Dave puts it, "the worship of women."
- 2. Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton
One of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. Touchingly soulful and bittersweet.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
As you can tell, I'm a huge DMB fan!
- 10. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
One of the sweetest songs ever written..
- 9. Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground
- 8. All I want by The Offspring
Such a hoppy tune its so good
- 7. The Way by Fastball
everybody knows this song.. and everybdoy better liek it!
- 6. If You Could Only See (The Way She Loves Me) by Tonic
one of those songs you know youve heard somewhere
- 5. Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry
such a sweet and sad song
- 4. Goo Goo Dolls by Iris
this is such a touching, romantic song...
- 3. Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
such a powerful and motivating song.. if you like this youll probably like bitch by meredith brooks too
- 2. One Headlight by The Wallflowers
another one of those familiar songs.. if you like this listen to bittersweet symphony by verve pipe
- 1. Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
ah hah. the best of the greatest.
in my opinion, the 90's have this great slow, easy laid- back rock style to them. altho such kick ass bands as nirvana, metallica, foo fighters, goldfinger, and others were also influential, i think that generally speaking, the 90's were more easier rock such as these songs.
- 10. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- 9. Rape Me by Nirvana
- 8. Aneurysm by Nirvana
- 7. Sad But True by Metallica
- 6. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- 5. Spoonman by Soundgarden
- 4. Lithium by Nirvana
- 3. Learn To Fly by Foo Fighters
- 2. Fell On Black Days by Soundgarden
- 1. Drain You by Nirvana
As you can probly see my favorite bands are Nirvana and Soundgarden but they have alot of great songs.
- 10. Stitches by Orgy
I know this wasn't groundbreaking in music and I know it didn't open any doors, but it really kicks ass! I don't have any smart ass words for this one, except for this will probably be the only time you'll see'Stitches' appearing on a top ten list with Nirvana and Weezer!
- 9. Ironic by Alanis Morissette
Alanis came about when the mood of the ninties was shifting from serious/emotional/deep/rock to cute/colorful/shallow/pop but managed to remain successful not only with this song but many others...this being her best, of course. In fact, it's probably her greatest song to date...isn't that ironic?
- 8. When I Grow Up by Garbage
Not the biggest or most popular hit by Garbage, but deffenitly my favorite! A song that rocks and you can dance to! Who would have guessed?
- 7. Adam's Song by Blink 182
Who would have guess the same punk-pop band that could make you laugh so hard by running around naked could make you cry just as hard by singing about a kid named Adam you've never met? In all actuality, we all have our own 'Adam' that causes us to relate, explaining the tears.
- 6. Ana's Song by Silverchair
I was first pulled into Silverchair because they reminded me of Nirvana. Go figure they started off as a Nirvana coverband. When I first heard 'Ana's Song' I, like many others, assumed 'Ana' was some girl or long lost love. But taking the time to listen to the lyrics, or the band's interviews, one will find Ana is short for anorexia...and you thought rock stars only stuggled with drug addictions.
- 5. Self Esteem by The Offspring
Back before it was fly to be a white guy, The Offspring was singing about the frustrations of being a whipped boyfriend. Although I can't really relate to this song, I can still rock out to it...and trust me, I do!
- 4. Longview by Green Day
Who knew a song about masterbation could be so much fun to rock out to and so catchy? The Post-Cobain 90's needed something to lighten the mood, and Greenday brought about just that. If you don't already own Dookie, go by it, burn it or download it right now!
- 3. Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Despite the creepiness of the video, I'll watch it over and over just to hear this great song. Although the title was adapted from the Black Hole Sun sculpture in Volunteer Park, Seattle, Chris Cornell says he doesn't really know what the song is about. Well whatever it means, it makes me long for 1994!
- 2. Buddy Holly by Weezer
Weezer is the ultimate geek band. Rivers was able to write a song pointing out the simularities in his and Buddy's appearence without making that the point. The song is not only funny but kicks ass.
- 1. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Anything Nirvana-related kicks ass in my book, but you can't argue with me here. Not only did this song open the door for a whole new genre of music and many others to follow, but it defined a whole generation and much of a decade. The ninties would not be the decade we know without this song.
11) Heart-Shaped Box- Nirvana: This song, along with everyother Nirvana song, would be in my top ten, but for the sake of variety, we have to but these great tracks at eleven! 12) The Sweater Song (Undone)-Weezer: Once again, it's the whole variety issue. Don't get me wrong, I love nothing more than being instructed, through song, on how to destroy a sweater. 13) No Rain- Blind Melon: Sadly (sigh), the only hit we got from this neo-grunge band before (once again) the lead singer OD'd. Esc-ape. 14) Loser- Beck: The verses have nothing to do with the chorus, and the chorus is in two languages. What a weirdo! That's why we love Beck, though...right? 15) Got The Life- Korn: Although I'm not too keen on the whole 'God hates me' thing, I can't ignore a beat. It is a bit embarrassing to say I'm putting Korn at number 15, but what the hell.
- 10. Outshined by Soundgarden
- 9. Blow Up The outside World by Soundgarden
- 8. Rape Me by Nirvana
The Best Nirvana Song
- 7. I Hate My Self I Want To Die by Nirvana
- 6. Better Man by Pearl Jam
- 5. Fake plastic Trees by RadioHead
Best Love Song
- 4. Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
The bost song of STP
- 3. Mayonaise by Smashing Pumpkins
Best song ever
- 2. Far Behind by Candle Box
- 1. Nutshell by Alice in Chains
the rock is the best thing, grunge music ever
By: Katie Egen
- 10. Kitty by Presidents of the USA
This song is so stupid but very catchy. You have to love those songs that are pretty much about nothing. I am a closet P.O.T.U.S.A. Fan. I saw them about 5 times in their short lived careers.
- 9. Insane in the Brain by Cypress Hill
Brings back quite a few memories.......At least I think it does.
- 8. Creep by Radiohead
I think everyone feels like a wierdo every now and again
- 7. Mysterious Ways by U2
I love U2 but I must admit, there presence in the 90's was nothing to be confused w/ fantastic. But , they are timeles and have made great music be fore and after.
- 6. Walking Contradiction by Green Day
I know quite a few of those..... I love every single song Green Day has ever made......Let's thank the Ramones for paving the way.....R.I.P. Joey!!
- 5. Motorcycle Drive by by Third Eye Blind
Just a great tune all around.
- 4. Don't Tread on Me by Metallica
Great tune....Very strong lyrics.....I think it resonates much more since 9/11. God Bless America!!!
- 3. Right Now by Van halen - Van Hagar
Great lyrics.....Brings back memories
- 2. Indifference by Pearl Jam
One of the bands best! Eddie has the voice of an angel. Very good song to f**k to.
- 1. Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Changed the face of music...... April 8, 1994 was a very sad day.
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: ChuckyG. Past editor: CeramicsFanatic
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.
The Official amIright|
Misheard Lyrics Book